UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Constipation

Now i know fibre is supposed to help....
but what else can?....

think my weights increasing due to it....
albeit very slowly....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Coffee, caffine, drink lots of water, exercise, don't have too MUCH fiber.

However none of that worked for me, and I was uncomfortable for what I swear SEEMED like weeks.

I ordered a large vegetarian pizza and drowned my sorrow in espresso - and everything..er...worked out just fine after that.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

squats help you poop... do lots of squats.. drink plenty of water..
lay off cheese and banana until its all going again.

prunes figs an dates can help, so too can apple puree. and stay active.. the more you move the more the poop will too ..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Green tea helps too
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #5  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Apple Juice
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Raw almonds. Eat a hand full (about 12) every day. If that doesn't work, try Miralax. You can get it at a drugstore. It's not mean like laxatives. Just works!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #7  

Take up jogging/running. There's that well known phenomenon 'joggers' poo' - apparently all that movement stimulates things to be massaged by the inside of the colon etc and gets it moving. Sorry if that's TMI.

And I know the woman is obsessed by poo, but she has a point (kind of) - try some of Gillian McKeith's recipes - most libraries have her books - full of fresh fruit and veg and pulses and if you stuck to that a couple of weeks and still had a problem pooing - I'd be very surprised! You can't get constipated if you eat enough wholefoods/'real' foods, it's the processed foods that cause it.

May also be a sign you're not drinking enough water. 2 litres of water a day, a bit of running, and no processed food and you'll have no problem as natural fruit and veg are the best things you can do!

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 06-24-2008 at 10:00 AM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #8  

Wink Unsweetened soy milk

The answer to this question is d) all of the above!!

I use unsweetened soy milk, although my doctor says that it does not work for everyone. I have been constipated my entire life! I have requested that one of the items I must have in the "old-folks home" when my time comes is soy milk!
SouthernComfort257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I agree with PhatPhoenix, although there was a similar thread in another forum (I mean here, on 3FC - perhaps in Weight Loss Support forum?) recently and it turns out that even people who eat lots of fruit, veggies and whole grains can get constipated. That is a surprise to me but I guess it proves that we are all different.
I have the opposite problem right now - I would like to be able to finish my jog without having to break it off and run to the bathroom! Although I have to say it took me a while (a few months of jogging) till this started to happening on a fairly regular basis.

Make sure you drink fruit juice - prune juice is best for this if you can find it. Otherwise, orange juice and others tend to have a lot of calories, the best you can find is red grapefruit juice - only 90 cals per cup as opposed to 130 in case of orange juice or various fruit mixes.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Yeah, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, drink plenty of water, avoid processed foods, and avoid red meat. Prunes are excellent for curing constipation, but make sure you drink plenty of water; high fiber + water = "regularity," high fiber + dehydration = blockage.

Other strange things that may work:
-Coffee-based energy drinks like Java Monster
-Consumption of 3 or more little containers of sugar free pudding (those sugar alcohols can quite literally bite you in the arse if you eat too much...)
-Light or air-popped popcorn
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=PhatPhoenix;2239935]

And I know the woman is obsessed by poo, but she has a point (kind of) - try some of Gillian McKeith's recipes - [QUOTE]

Gillian also suggests to put your feet on a foot stool, while your sitting on the toilet, (she calls it a loo). It's supposed to send a signal to the brain "time to evacuate".

Last edited by HoneyMustard; 06-24-2008 at 12:53 PM.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #12  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

After trying everything I knew to get rid of constipation and desperately not wanting to go down the route of taking medication. I did a bit of research on the internet and found out about flaxseed (i have ground)it has worked wonders for me. Mind you I do have to remember to keep my fluid intake up otherwise it has the opposite effect.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

even some senekot max strength....
and no movement....
stoooopid IBS....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 AM   #14  
Operator265

[QUOTE=heavyandhomebound;2240189][QUOTE=PhatPhoenix;2239935]

And I know the woman is obsessed by poo, but she has a point (kind of) - try some of Gillian McKeith's recipes -
Quote:

Gillian also suggests to put your feet on a foot stool, while your sitting on the toilet, (she calls it a loo). It's supposed to send a signal to the brain "time to evacuate".
Some countries use a hole in the floor known as a "squat pot". They say that it is the proper position for evacuating the bowels.

Last edited by Operator265; 06-27-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:54 AM   #15  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=Operator265;2241105][QUOTE=heavyandhomebound;2240189]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPhoenix View Post

And I know the woman is obsessed by poo, but she has a point (kind of) - try some of Gillian McKeith's recipes -

Some countries use a hole in the floor known as a "squat pot". I say that it is the proper position for evacuating the bowels.
We had that in Korea decades ago. Not anymore, though... Of course, except in really really rural areas.

I started eating whole food and veggies/fruits starting 16th of this month. I used to go about once a week...and I'm going at least every other day if not more than once a day. Of course, I drink at least 2-3 lt of water too. G'luck.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote