UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 14.12/14.1/12.0

Talking LighterLife buddies required!!!!!!

Hellooo everyone

I've just discovered this site by doing a google under "lighterlife".. I'm looking for LighterLife buddies to chat to and support one another on this wonderful but difficult diet!

Love to hear from you - I'm only in week 2 but already lost 11 lbs so I'm absolutely DELIGHTED!!

Sarah xx
sarah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #2  
diet queen!!

S/C/G: 178/154/140

Height: 5"3

hi sarah! you've done really well!! I've lost 9 pound in 2 weeks and am really chuffed! week 3 weigh in is looming!! tell me you're not the sarah from the warrington class though!!!! if you are i'm sue!
Doods79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #3  

Hiya Doods

No I'm Sarah from Rugby!!

You're doing super well too - well done you! What in particular are you not enjoying (need I ask hehe). I have found the first week very difficult as I have had massive withdrawal symptons from carbs - really shaky and no energy at all (and with 2 small children that's really hard to cope with!).

But now I'm feeling absolutely brilliant, really healthy and happy that I'm taking control of my eating problems.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #4  
diet queen!!

hey there! first week is the hardest!! once you're over that hurdle you'll be much better. I was really dizzy and no energy for the first 3 days but it got better. i'm suprised how not hungry I am! it hasn't stopped me snacking though, thats the bit I find so hard! what about you?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #5  

hey sue

are you snacking, as in eating conventional foods? i haven't eaten or drunk anything other than the LL stuff, so far so good (although believe me the temptation has been there!!).

i'm supposed to be going out with friends next week for a meal and drinkies at the pub, don't really know what to do about it as i can't bear the thought of going and not eating/drinking and having to watch them eat, yet I don't want to cancel it either! not very sociable is it?!

to be honest, i think if i start snacking now i would probably crack, it's easier just to be completely abstinent (i think?!!)
Old 08-03-2006, 04:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/229/150

Height: 5ft7

Hi and welcome, I'm pretty new round here too, good to see other new people. I found that if I drink the half sugar Bacardi Breezer when I'm with friends I can regulate how many calories I'm taking in (I'm a calorie counter).

Remember that its important to have fun, and not to make yourself unhappy because you're forcing yourself to not eat or drink certain things, moderation is a great thing, especially when it allows an occasional treat. But that's not to say you should go over the top and eat everything you want hehe.
Neleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #7  
diet queen!!

hi again, yes snacking on normal food, been quite bad this week actually. back on the wagon after a party today! I did manage to go out for a meal the other week though with work and not eat which was weird but ok!!

I think the more you stick to it the faster the weight will come off so I'm being silly really....just can't help myself sometimes! I've not gone really mad but the odd choccy bar or bowl of cereal!! worth it!!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #8  

Yes I definitely think you're right, if you stick to the plan you will lose weight quicker. I have now managed to go 13 days of complete abstinence (weigh in tomorrow night yikes!) and am absolutely AMAZED at myself! My friends can't believe I'm still doing it (which is a great feeling!).

The urge to "eat" is still very strong, especially in social environments, but I just know that if I start I will find it very difficult to stop picking at things. I'm going to try and stay completely abstinent for as long as possible.

Keep me posted about your weight-ins etc.. how much have you lost per week? (you must be at the end of week 3 now aren't you?)

My email addy is [email protected] if it's easier to keep in touch that way, it's good to have support!?

Sarah x
Old 08-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/230/133

I looked at the website for lighter life but never got any further than that. i was wondering how much and things it was?. .. can anyone help me with that?.. im looking for anything to control my cravings at the minute and WW isnt helping at all. i seem to go over on my points almost every day.. only by one or two.. but its not good really. .. ive got 6 1/2 stone to lose in the next year.
emzi_bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Hi guys,

I've just registered so that I can chat to people on here. I too am doing lighterlife - just entering week 4.
So far I have lost 18lbs this is definately more that I have lost on any other diet in teh last couple of years.

I look forward to chatting with everyone about their experiences with lighterlife
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #11  

Hiya BigBird!

I also am in week 4, my weigh-in counselling sessions are on Monday evenings how about you? I also noticed that you're 5'11.5, I am 5'11 so we're quite close in height. How much do you weigh and what are you trying to lose (if you don't mine me asking?!)? I was 14.11, now 13.6 so have lost 19lbs on LL so far. Hoping to get down to about 11.5 or 12.

Would love to chat!

Sarah
Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #12  

Hi Sarah,

My god another tall girl - there seems to very few of us around unless you live in London!
My starting weight was 15st 8lbs and I am hoping to loose around 4 stone or get down to about 11.5. Mind you it all depends how much I have lost after the 100 days, not sure I could face another month if I havent lost it all.

How are you finding it so far?

Hope to speak to you soon.
Michelle (BigBird)
Old 08-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #13  

Well I'm finding it ok except the odd occasion for example I had to go to a dinner party last night where they were all eating my fave meal and guzzling wine, so that was quite difficult. But I'm finding myself stronger every day. People are also becoming a lot more positive about the diet now that they can see how well I look and feel.

Much easier than being on a "normal" diet were you have so many temptations, at least this way it's the all of nothing method - works best for me anyway

How about you? If it's easier to chat by email, here's by address: [email protected]

Sarah
Old 08-18-2006, 07:55 AM   #14  

Hi Sarah,

I have just dropped you an email
Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #15  
diet queen!!

hi all, how's everyone doing?
i've got to be honest and say i've been cheating big time. I went away last week and totally came off it and have been having the odd biscuit and choccy bar! ....was quite good yesterday then ended up going out and drinking all night! I knew I would never stick to it all the way through but i'been really crap recently. Need to get back on the wagon. I think I am in week 5 now and have lost my first stone on the diet, so 1 stone 9 in all. I was so pleased!! I've started to fit into all the clothes I had packed away that were really tight and am feeling much happier. Didn't really what a big impact it would have on me!!!