3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Weekly Weigh In Thread - No. 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13877-weekly-weigh-thread-no-5-a.html)

Sarah Ann 03-01-2002 02:40 AM

Weekly Weigh In Thread - No. 5

Hiya Chicksters....

Come on - lets have a few personal challenges in this thread.... I'll start.... my personal short term challenge is to lose 7lbs in March!

Anyone else.....

flumper 03-01-2002 02:48 AM

by the end of march i hope you mean sarah!! ill go for another 7lbs to then its nota as easy as the 5 i set myself and not quite as hard as 10 so ill do it ................7 lbs by end of march

veggie 03-01-2002 03:33 AM

Now why am I cheeky you are the one with the blonde comments!! Dont mention wotsits to me either :T

Sarah Ann 03-01-2002 03:53 AM

You didn't HAVE to agree with me!!!!!!!!

WOTSITS, WOTSITS, WOTSITS, WOTSITS, WOTSITS, WOTSITS!!!!!
:T :ink: :T :ink: :T

Smiling Sal 03-01-2002 03:54 AM

By the end of March I will be 7lbs lighter.

Carol

Phoebe 03-01-2002 03:56 AM

I am so frustrated this morning, I could cry. I put on one and a quarter pounds this week. I was really surprised as I thought I had done well this week. AND my trousers feel looser. I know I shouldn't get obsessed with the scale and that it could be muscles growing from all the walking I have been doing or water weight or whatever, but the whole thing is so depressing.

Plus, I have been in an evil mood for two days, sort of like really bad PMT symptons but TOM is not for just over a week. Does anyone know if PMT can start this early?

Oh to be in my 20s again when it was so easy to lose weight :(

Well off to change my stats back up. Sorry for writing such a depressing post, I just had to vent somewhere and I knew this was the place to do it. Thanks UK chicks!

Oh I forgot to say, count me in for a March challenge. I would like to lose 8 pounds.

Delaney 03-01-2002 05:01 AM

Phoebe don't be so disheartened - if you think you've done well then it's probably a temporary blip, we all get them. Have you tried measuring yourself? Sometimes if I don't lose on the scales I measure myself and just see how the inches are coming off - it gives me a great boost.

Count me in Sarah - 7lb off in March for me too.

Sarah Ann 03-01-2002 05:52 AM

Phoebe - don't panic - pop over to the thread called Dieting Side Affects (or something like that) you aren't the only one having mood swings!

Anyone else fancy a personal challenge for this month??????

Does anyone know how I post a poll?

Sarah Ann 03-01-2002 06:02 AM

OK - I figured out how to post a poll (sounds like something bizarre happening to a parrot!!)

Click HERE to go and vote.

tupperware queen 03-01-2002 11:20 AM

I want to lose 7lb in March :^:

Posy 03-01-2002 12:40 PM

weigh in report

Hi everyone

well despite increasing my exercises at the gym...I was a little worried that might affect my weigh in, but it didn't...another 2lbs lost this week :)

I've just posted my new pictures on my webpage if anyone wants to go and have a look :)

it feels great looking at how much I have to lose now to reach that final goal...only 78 more pounds , sure looks a whole lot better than 213 lbs :)

Phoebe...My TOM is really irregular, but no matter what. I always start to get the usual bloated achy and crampy feelings at the same time every month, which usually leads to a disappointing weigh in for me, the thing is it wouldn't be so bad if it actually started then, but it doesn't and sometimes it can be up to 2 weeks late, and I have those feelings all the time so I can sometimes end up with 2 disappointing weigh ins, it really gets me down sometimes, but I know there is nothing I can do about it, so I just tend to try and stay strong and grumble and moan to anyone who listens..hehehe and to those that wont too :)
The only consolation I seem to get is that after it I tend to have a good loss for a couple of weeks which does make up for it a little ...but obviously not at the time.
Just hang in there :)

I like the idea of the challenge for the end of march and I think as my losses have slowed down a little now 7lbs lost by the end of march seems a reasonably achievable goal so count me in :)

Well time to go cook dinner

Have a great day everyone

Ali :wave:

tupperware queen 03-01-2002 04:02 PM

Posy - I have been reading your web page and the results are stunning, keep up the good work lass. You have come so far in thelast year!!
Well done!!

Posy 03-01-2002 07:18 PM

thanks TQ I will keep it up, nothing is going to stop me from reaching that final goal now :)

Ali :wave:

ChiChi 03-02-2002 09:25 AM

I'll join in! 7lbs by the end of March! Thats would get me down to 11st 13lbs! Ooh a new stone that'll be nice!

I checked my BMI yesterday and Ive gone from the obese category to the overweight category! It'll be a lot longer til I get to the healthy weight range category though!

Its gonna take me a long time to catch up on all the threads I'll miss while Im in London! Im hoping I wont put weight on in London coz we will be walking a lot, so fingers crossed!

zanyjaney2001 03-02-2002 06:57 PM

another gain this week; but just half a pound :^:

my ww leader has loaned me her bonus buddy and yes, it is a gimmick but it's a gimmick that is working so far; it's an incentive to walk/run up the stairs/park a bit further away from the supermarket door :dizzy: so hey, what the heck

I need a goal too; just to get a weight loss this side of my 40th is my personal goal :lol:

well done everyone

Janey :sheep:

Sarah Ann 03-03-2002 03:34 AM

Tomorrow I'll make a list of all our March challenges.... I hope we all achieve them.

Anyone else lost any weight this week that they haven't posted??????

Jano 03-03-2002 03:45 AM

WW Buddy and 7lb challenge

Hi all

Janey I have a WW buddy and I have found mine very useful. I was surpirise when I first had it how much exercise I didn't do so my aim is to get it on to healthy each day as I was doing no where near that amount. If I can do extra to that, all the better. This means that I am certainly moving around more on a day to day basis, so exercise aside, it should make some difference.

Things are difficult for me at the moment, I am a little stretched and will have problems getting a weigh in and dieting but I would like to join in with your challenge of 7lbs by the end of March. I will be at nearly a stone then and that's not to be sneezed at....... count me in.

Jan

BigPhatBooty 03-03-2002 04:25 AM

Me too...

7lbs by the end of March - or I leave this board :s: disgracefully

geneve 03-03-2002 05:56 AM

OK, by the end of March I will be under 16 stones.
oh yes I will......
Gen

flumper 03-03-2002 03:29 PM

sarah as of weigh in on thursday (day early ) i was 2lbs down

Sarah Ann 03-04-2002 03:41 AM

Hiya Chicks

Well done, everyone - another good week.... so far our total loss adds up to 131.5lbs or 9st 5.5lbs

Me: -1 (yes - I know there is no justice in this world)
Veggie: same
Geneve: -1
ChiChi: -3
Melissa: -1
Carol: same
TQ: -1.5
Chris: -4
Kim (aka Flumper) : -2
Phoebe: +1.25
Janey: +.5

Big hugs to those of us who have gained - we've all been there and know EXACTLY what it feels like.

As for me - my stats this week are :

(Original start weight April 01: 16st 3lbs)
Start Weight this time (02 Jan 02): 14st 10lbs
Current Weight: 13st 5lbs
Target Weight: 10st 7lbs
Total lost since 02/01: 19lbs
Remainder to be lost: 2st 12lbs
Current BMI: 29.3
Loss this week: 1lb

2 more stones to go before I am in the 'healthy' range of the BMI!!

How really GREAT to have so many people join in with our March Challenge the list is as follows:

Those of us who ARE GOING to lose 7lbs before the end of March are: Kim (aka Flumper), Carol, Melissa, TQ, Posy/Ali, ChiChi, BPB, Jan and me.

Phoebe has set herself the challenge of losing 8lbs by the end of March and Geneve's personal challenge is to be 15st something by the end of March.

Good Luck Everyone, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Remember the Five Ds ..... Desire + Dedication + Determination + Discipline = Diet Success

TracyLangford 03-04-2002 12:04 PM

March Weight loss

I am setting myself a challenge to loose between 5 and 7lb for March - I know that i can do that without stressing myself too much! I lost 6.5lb in Feb but have just been away for the weekend and know i have probably gained 3/4 lb of that back!!

Tracy

veggie 03-04-2002 01:00 PM

I stayed the same AGAIN... :o :o :o :o

flumper 03-04-2002 02:11 PM

arent we doing well

Smiling Sal 03-04-2002 03:10 PM

Well done everybody. Sarah how do you do it ? I just have to look at a choclate biscuit & I'm putting on weight. :p

Veggie - don't worry it will come off eventually. I peaked at the scales last night & they showed I had stuck - but then I had been out on Saturday night & drank for Scotland. :?: So I suppose it's my own fault. It's my offical weigh in tomorrow night so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a little pound may slip off, before then.

Carol

Delaney 03-05-2002 06:59 AM

Official weigh in day and I have lost 2lbs this week - that's me at 17.3 Sarah - this is the first time in my entire "fat life" that I feel like I'm really going to do this :D - I know I wouldn't be able to do it without you guys :smug:

Smiling Sal 03-05-2002 04:48 PM

Am down 3 this week. Am a bit shell shocked was expecting to stay the same s I haven't been an angel. Just shows what I know, all this exercise is obviously paying off.

Here's all the stats I couldn't find last week

Starting Weight 16st 8lbs
Current Weight 15st 4lbs
Target Weight 10st 7lbs
Loss this week 3lbs
Loss so far 1st 4lbs
Remainder to loss 4st 11lbs
BMI 35.6 Morbidly Obese
Basal Metabolism 1725
Daily Activites - Cals 341
Daily Cals Limit 1750

really pleased to say I no longer have 5 stone to lose - those few pounds make all the difference :lol:

I'm struggling to eat 1750 cals, but looks like I can stick to that level for another week & see what happens next Tuesday. If the truth be told I'm eating nearer 1600 than 1750. It is an awful lot of food to eat. Can't believe I just said that.

I'll catch up with all the other threads tomorrow. Was late home & this train strike tomorrow isn't going to help as I've Glasgow to get to again - so god only knows when I'll get there or get back.

See you

Carol

Jano 03-05-2002 05:11 PM

Well done Sal and anyone else who has lost this week.

After a traumatic week, I have decided to go to club tomorrow. I am not expecting much as I have only dieted for the last 2 days but at least I am going to face the music.

Will let you all know tomorrow night but I am still looking at that 7lb by the end of the month if it means having a leg or something cut off LOL.
Jan

Sarah Ann 03-06-2002 03:43 AM

Well done Melissa!!!! We are ALL going to do this - eventually! You are right though, its so nice having this support network - its lovely visiting here and knowing that other people are experiencing the same things as me. Like you, I feel like I am going to do it this time.

Well done Carol!!!! Yes - it does sometimes feel like a lot of food (I usually eat about 1500 if you add in all my fruit and veg) but it's the type of food that is important - counting calories makes me very aware of hidden fat in foods. I have given up proper cheese pretty much altogether now.... sob!

Jano {{{{ hugs }}}} - take your time, if it helps you to feel 'normal' in a topsy turvy world then go to class and/or diet, but don't force yourself to do anything that won't be a support to you right now. There's all the time in the world to lose those pounds.

TracyLangford 03-06-2002 04:51 AM

I gained 2lb this week - i am not to bothered as i was away at the weekend and ate and drank for england!! As this is likely to be my only break this year i decided that i would not worry too much about staying on plan.

Tracy

Delaney 03-06-2002 05:19 AM

Sarah I've cut out cheese completely and I REALLY MISS IT. Yesterday I would have killed for a cheese and pickle baguette but I just knew if I did I would feel guilty and the guilt for me is worse than actually putting weight on if you know what I mean??

Phoebe 03-06-2002 05:46 AM

Well done Carol, you are doing great.

I wish I could give up cheese completely. How do you manage? I am a veggie so I need cheese as a source of protein (thats my excuse).

Delaney 03-06-2002 07:11 AM

Phoebe - I really miss cheese but I've kind of got out of the habit of buying it, I shop on line and it's not on my "favourites" so I do tend to forget about it until I fancy a nibble!! If I actually went into the Supermarket I'm not sure I'd be so good :devil: I really believe its cheese that got me to my heaviest weight - I know that sounds over the top, but I really would eat it every day on sandwhiches and baked potatoes (and in vast amounts), I think part of my problem is that I get into food habits and have the same thing every day for lunch. At the end of last year I was eating bacon, chicken, lettuce, mayo baguetts every day for about 2 months - now if I saw one I think I'd be sick - I don't know why I do that :?:

veggie 03-06-2002 07:17 AM

Yes cheese no comment!!!! :o :o :o :o It has a lot to answer for!!!!

Kizzie 03-06-2002 08:19 AM

Was 14st 5.5lbs at the start (Jan 2002). Had my WW weigh in last night and another pound is gone!!

My first goal is 12st 5.5lbs

I've lost 22lbs

Only 6.5lbs to go...................and then I need to think about my next target!

It's good to read such positive messages, regardless of the results on the scales. I like this place!!!!

Sarah Ann 03-06-2002 08:48 AM

WELL DONE KIZZIE!!!!! Congratulations on the pound!!! I'm trying to work it out - are you 12st 12lbs now???? INCREDIBLY WELL DONE for having lost those 22lbs!!! Have you been in to a supermarket and piled up 22lbs of lard yet.... (you can always tell when I've been in to a supermarket - the lard is in pyramids - LOL)

Cheese.... it really is one of my favourites and I severely miss it, but like Veggie says, it has got a lot to answer for and that low fat stuff is awful. I do occasionally get feta cheese and have that crumbled over mixed salad and I really like those Laughing Cow Lite triangles that someone here recommended. Really nice!

The day I get to goal I am going to treat myself to some crusty french bread and a large hunk of brie!

Kizzie 03-06-2002 10:57 AM

Thank you, and yes I'm now 12lbs 11.5lbs.

On the subject of cheese, Sainsbury's do a pretty good mature cheddar in the Be Good to Yourself range - it's half fat and reasonably tasty. Worth a go, I'd say.

The thing I miss most is cracking open a bottle of vino after a hard day. I didn't realise until starting my diet how many calories were in a glass - which is worrying coz I use a vase!!

tupperware queen 03-06-2002 11:02 AM

I know what you mean Kizzie, just love that vino, might treat myself on Mothers day if i have a good loss this week.

Kizzie 03-06-2002 11:05 AM

Can you lend me a child so I can get some booze on mothers day too?!

Delaney 03-06-2002 11:56 AM

Kizzie I'm gonna give that cheese a go - thanks and well done on losing 22lbs.

Sarah I love feta but we get through a whole packet on one little salad!!!

Kizzie I've 2 kids you can have but you'll be an alcoholic by sunday night :dizzy: