3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Weekly Weigh In Thread - No. 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13877-weekly-weigh-thread-no-5-a.html)

Sarah Ann 03-09-2002 09:32 AM

Tell me about it..... I just bid on some signed Harry Potter first editions and a Slendatone thingy! I can see divorce looming on the horizon! I must be the only person who hopes they won't win!!!

Posy 03-10-2002 05:35 AM

Hi everyone

Carol, glad you had a poductive shopping trip...I know what you mean about the size labels too..as you probably remember I had a suit I was trying to get into for the wedding back in february up in Glasgow which was a size 22 ( the one I'm wearing in my new photographs on my webpage )...although all the clothes apart from that suit that I am wearing now are a size 18 - 20, that suit just wouldn't go anywhere near me..I was getting so depressed over the fact that it was supposed to be bigger but yet it wouldn't fit until someone suggested that I measure it...I can't remember who that was, but it was someone on one of the threads here...I never even thought about doing that...well I took 3 size 20 tops one was a fitted one similar to the suit ( which did fit me) the size 22 top was actually 2 inches smaller than all the 3 size 20's so I think they must have just labeled it wrongly, well it made me feel better at the time.

One thing I still can't get used to at the moment when I do go to buy anything.... and that is looking at the sizes of clothes...I don't mean the size labels I mean the clothes themselves...when I bought clothes before in a size 30 - 32, they were huge...I mean even a cardigan was so big it would be sliding off the hanger because the neck was wider than the hanger...but now when I pick up a size 18 - 20 they look so tiny compared to those and I keep thinking I'll never get into that, and it really does give me a thrill when I just slip into them really easily....I know that some people are starting their weightloss journeys weighing what I do now and that they feel really fat but when I started off at over 25 stone I feel so thin...I also know that at the moment I feel so good looking at the picture of myself from the wedding, but in a few months time I will be looking at that one and cringing just like I do now when I look at the photographs from when I first started . There aren't very many of those around for obvious reasons, I actually wish there were more of them now, I did find another one yesterday and I posted it on my webpage along with the one I got back from the wedding...easy to see which one I like best :)

TQ...I agree with you too it is really nice to get rid of those baggy old jumpers...have to admit tho I have kept a few just to have something to look back on when I reach my final goal.
Apart from anything else I think I am also taking more care about what I am wearing now too...I feel better and I look better and it is nice to be able to wear something that makes you look slimmer rather than something that just makes you look even bigger...before it was always a case of whatever fit I wore no matter what it looked like and it would usually be just 2 or 3 outfits that I alternated but always wore the same old stuff...I only bought new things when I really had to...these days I am trying not to buy anything unless I really have to because it would just be a waste of money, the stuff just wouldn't fit in a few months and I really wouldn't get the wear out of them., and I am relying on family to give me their hand me downs...something I am eternally grateful for as things are a bit tight financially at them moment and if I didn't have those hand me downs I would probably be walking around naked...ooooo...not a very pretty thought :)

Well girls sorry I did ramble on a bit there...I suppose I better get a move on and do some housework

Have a great Mothers Day

Ali :wave:

ChiChi 03-10-2002 01:20 PM

Clothes sizes are always onfusing arent they?! They not only vary from shop to shop but from different items in the same shop!

When I bought tops from MK1 they only has S, M & L so I went straight for large but the problem is they're too tight across my boobs but to baggy around the waist! What am I supposed to do?!

The top I bought from Warehouse is a size 14 & practically straps my boobs down but the bottom is way to loose!

Its the same with trousers - too tight on the legs but too loose round the waist!

Do clothes designers not understand that most women go out at the chest, in at the waist then out at the hips? We're not all round all the way down or straight all the way down! Stooopid people!

Sarah Ann 03-11-2002 03:46 AM

WELL DONE, EVERYONE!!!!!

What a good week this has been ... the list is:

Me: -2lbs
Veggie: same
Melissa: -2lbs
Carol: -3lbs
Tracy: +2lbs
Kizzie: -1lb
TQ: -1lb
Chris: -3.5lbs
Janet: -0.5lb
Kim: -4lbs
ChiChi: same
Ali: -2lbs

The total lost this week was 17lbs - bringing our group total loss to 148.5lbs or 10st 8.5lbs!!!!

AMAZING!!!!

Big {{{{hug}}}} to Tracy, we all know how miserable it feels when those scales show a gain!!

As for me - my stats this week are :

(Original start weight April 01: 16st 3lbs)
Start Weight this time (02 Jan 02): 14st 10lbs
Current Weight: 13st 3lbs
Target Weight: 10st 7lbs
Total lost since 02/01: 21lbs
Remainder to be lost: 2st 10lbs
Current BMI: 29.0
Loss this week: 2lb

I JUST NOTICED - I HAVE LOST 3 STONES EXACTLY SINCE THIS TIME LAST YEAR!!!!! PARTY TIME!!!!!

Remember the Five Ds ..... Desire + Dedication + Determination + Discipline = Diet Success

veggie 03-11-2002 07:24 AM

Have put on weight birthday etc am depressed cant get into this dieting lark didnt want to get up today but managed to get into college had a mild panic for reasons to embarresing to go into too involves clothes and grants...only 11 wks to go!! :( Sorry to moan.

Sarah Ann 03-11-2002 09:31 AM

Veggie - moan all you want - that's what we're here for! At least you know why you have put a bit on and had fun doing it!! I think its worse when it just sneaks up on you.

Why not make a fresh start today and forget about last week - after all you can't change last week, but you can change the way you eat today.

Sometimes looking at the whole amount and the time it will take to lose it can be a bit unnerving so maybe you could set yourself some little dieting targets with a little treat when you get to that target.

tupperware queen 03-11-2002 11:05 AM

Veggie you can do it and we can help (groan...that sounds like a very old diet pepsi ad.) I feel very inspired by reading other peoples weight journals on the net, there is loads of help out there and I sure we have the key to our success right here, come on lass don'tget down by what has happened over the weekend it is over and a new week has began think how much you can lose by the end of your course.

veggie 03-11-2002 11:56 AM

Damn course...thanks for the support chickys...just peeved at course so in bad mood...oh well one more day over on the stoopid thing! :p

Posy 03-11-2002 12:00 PM

Hi everyone

we had an impressive group loss last week didn't we :)
For those who stayed the same and those who gained, don't let it depress you...we all have these little glitches from time to time...I know it is disheartenening, but try to focus on how well you have done over the past weeks and not on the one bad week, just hang in there and the numbers on the scales will will soon be getting smaller :)

I agree with Sarah too, looking at the whole amount of weight you have to lose can be very daunting...If I had done that when I started with 213lbs to lose I am sure I would have given up almost as soon as I began....even now that I only have another 76lbs to lose ( ONLY...she says :) ) I am not focusing on that, my next target is seeing the scale register under 200lbs

Ali :wave:

Smiling Sal 03-11-2002 04:49 PM

Veggie, please smile again. The course maybe seems bad at the moment, but in a wee while you'll be able to laugh at it. And Will, if he is gay then it's his loss that he is missing out on you - his number on fan - keep dreaming you maybe the woman to prove the scandel rags wrong.:dizzy: Keep looking for the happy thoughts.

I'm with Ali in the weight loss number. 70lbs is a long way away but that 200lb mark is getting closer every week - I struggle with big sums need to keep my life suimple - not sure any of that makes any sense - I haven't had a drink - honest

Carol

BigPhatBooty 03-12-2002 03:09 AM

OMG!

2lbs lost

I am sure you understand how happy I am because I have been really struggling with everything lately :D

Sarah Ann 03-12-2002 03:12 AM

WELL DONE, BPB!!!!

Especially well done for keeping the faith and carrying on dieting when those scales didn't budge! That takes a LOT of determination!!!!!!

veggie 03-12-2002 03:30 AM

Oh I have NO probs at all with Will being gay I knew anyway soon as saw him.

Im gonna restart today again :dizzy:

Sarah Ann 03-12-2002 03:36 AM

Good for you, Veggie! You can do it, I KNOW you can!!!!!!!

geneve 03-12-2002 04:43 AM

Right then, I wasn't going to post, but this one's for you Veggie.
I have gained 4 lbs. And I have loads to lose.
I go to the gym and work like mad, I try hard to eat all the right stuff and only fall over on the odd glass of wine, curry or PMT chocolate.I used to weigh 10.5 stones and eat what the **** I wanted and drink like a fish.
Life isn't fair, some get to be supermodels Veggie, some only get to be great people like you.
Much of the music industry and the beauty industry is illusion,dreams for people who are too scared to live their own dreams. Don't let it get you down.
I'm off to mope with Linkin park
'I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter.....'
Was trying to think of some suitable Radiohead lyrics for my mood,but nothing springs to mind.
Geneve
Fat, but fit.

Delaney 03-12-2002 06:08 AM

3lbs off for me this week - Yippee. I am now exactly 17 stones :D I am going out to reward myself with some nice make up I think.

Well said Geneve and well done Veggie for starting again as of today - were all here for you you know:smug:

Having been inspired by what Ali had to say I've decided to set myself a bit of a goal; I am determined to be under 16 stones (15.13!!) by the first week in July when I go to Cyprus.

Well done to all this weeks losers and commiserations to all those who are having "glitches" as Ali says. Don't forget, if your being good and exercising the weight has to come off its the law!!

Sarah Ann 03-12-2002 06:29 AM

MELISSA, THATS BRILLIANT!!!!

What have you been doing different this week?????

BTW - I've started counting all my calories instead of having fruit and veg as unlimited. In an idle moment I worked out how much fruit and veg I have been eating on an average day and it was 200 for veg and up to 600 for fruit! I am still trying to eat a lot of fruit and veg - but not QUITE so much!!!

Sarah Ann 03-12-2002 09:11 AM

Geneve - {{{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}} You sound so depressed, I don't want to be unhelpful but sometimes it just isn't the right time for us to try and lose weight and maybe this isn't the right time for YOU.

I'm not trying to chase you off - if you want to presevere with it then we are all here to help and support you, I just don't want you to make yourself feel worse by not getting enough to eat to cope with whatever it is that life is chucking at you right now.

Here we are on page 7 again - I have started a new thread - Click HERE to get there

geneve 03-12-2002 11:03 AM

Well, I really don't know how to feel now. I'll just go then.

veggie 03-12-2002 12:19 PM

Yeah yeah I know we are on a new thread but Im still here so there :lol:

Geneve DONT GO!!!!

I dont think I am in the mood for dieting but I want to be can I force myself????

veggie 03-12-2002 12:21 PM

Oh yes well done all you losers!

Thats the only linkin park song I know...they make me feel old as my nephew has the album!