3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Weekly Weigh In Thread - No. 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13877-weekly-weigh-thread-no-5-a.html)

Smiling Sal 03-06-2002 12:22 PM

Cheese & wine . I love cheese & wine, like everybody else it is one of the reasons why I am this size.

I eat zillions of the laughing cow spread, but it's not the same as the real stuff. I tend to treat myself to a bit of real cheese sometime during the week - last night was that night & it'll be a long week without anymore:mad:

Carol

tupperware queen 03-06-2002 04:03 PM

Here is tonights weight loss

1lb off

I still havent reached the 16 stones boo hoo

Oh well never mind I will carry on regardless, total loss is now 40lb and i weighed in at exactly 17stone so next week has to be the week to hit the 16's.

Smiling Sal 03-06-2002 06:43 PM

Well done TQ. To lose just one pound involves a lot of effort & willpower & is really a big achivement.

As to being in the 16 stones, hey 16 stone will still be there next week. Baby steps TQ, baby steps, it's the only way we are going to do this.;)

Carol

BritinNJ 03-06-2002 09:20 PM

Got my red ribbon tonight for ten pounds gone! Yippee! I've actually lost three and a half this week so am well chuffed as we went out to dinner for son's birthday on Sat so I thought I'd blown it. Well done to everyone else this week, I really believe I wouldn't have got this far without you and your comments, you are a real insspiration to me. Keep up the good work and everyone have a great day tomorrow.
chris :)

flumper 03-07-2002 02:48 AM

well done TQ and NJ , any loss is a good loss, and always better than a gain:D

Sarah Ann 03-07-2002 03:00 AM

Well done TQ and NJ.

TQ - how long has it taken you to lose that 40lb?? That is a LOT of weight to lose. Are you going to have a (low fat) celebration when you get in to the 16 stones...?

Jano 03-07-2002 04:17 AM

Lat Nights Weigh in

Well, Ladies, don't ask me how but I lost 1/2lb last night.... after the week I had had I thought It would be a gain so I am really pleased

janet

Sarah Ann 03-07-2002 04:20 AM

WELL DONE JANET!!!!

Smiling Sal 03-07-2002 05:23 AM

Well done Janet & Chris – what a bunch of losers we are turning into

Carol

flumper 03-07-2002 06:28 PM

loss loss loss loss loss loss

hi there ladies and any male lurkers :p im posting my weigh in now because i wont have time tomorrow MIL has decided to descend on saturday instead of sunday:mad: and because im working now shell try to make out im a bad mother and my house is going downhill im sure a lot of you will know the kind of thing i mean anyways ive lost 4lbs since last friday , but i dont think that will be enough to make me overjoyed at the old battleaxe staying longer :( maybe i should serve her up some dietary fibre ....oh the evil thoughts are starting ....laxatives in her coffee should send her home:lol:

Sarah Ann 03-08-2002 02:29 AM

WELL DONE, KIM!!!

4lbs..... I wish.....!

Your poor thing with your MIL! How long is she staying for? I like my MIL a lot, but I don't think I would particularly want her visiting for more than just a day. You are a brave woman!

flumper 03-08-2002 02:53 AM

ty sarah, the MIL is staying until wednesday:eek: shes just so strict, and my kids lack any sort of discipline whatsoever, so do i come to think of that :dizzy: , it is going to be so awful for me i'll be surprised if im not completley off this diet by time shes gone,first thing will be the lecture on how mothers should be at home with there kids(if only we could afford to be), then it will be oh not another diet you need to eat properly you know!! and then it will be , its not fair on DH having to look after kids so YOU can go to work he needs time to relax from his job too..............oh i could go on and on and on. i think ill speak to the matron at work see if i can just work right through from saturday until wednesday:^:

Sarah Ann 03-08-2002 03:37 AM

Sounds like my ex MIL. She whinged and moaned at me every time she visited (her boy- my husband - could do no wrong) - and then stupidly we bought a house opposite hers - I lasted six months before walking out. My current MIL lives 2-3 hours away which is just right! But then again, this one wouldn't ever DREAM of moaning!

What possessed you to invite her for such a long time????????? It was bad enough when my ex MIL visted for the day!

flumper 03-08-2002 03:41 AM

sarah!!!!!!!! i know the lack of calories and fat is affecting my body but definitley not my brain!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT INVITE HER .......DH did it while i was at work and oh yes he does realise the error of his ways, and by the time wednesday comes he will realise even more

Sarah Ann 03-08-2002 04:20 AM

Unforgiveable..... totally unforgiveable!!!!!!!!!

Its going to be difficult for him to make up for doing something so daft, I think possibly a month's worth of washing up should do it!

Hmmmmm, that might be letting him off too lightly!!

flumper 03-08-2002 04:45 AM

oh sarah i like your line of thought :lol: :devil: :lol:

Sarah Ann 03-08-2002 04:56 AM

Flumper.... I liked your post on the Light Hearted thread about the angels - perhaps

Quote:

Things aren't always what they seem. Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the
way they should. You just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some time later...
could be relevant to your MIL - you never know....... :dizzy: :lol: :dizzy: :lol: :dizzy:

flumper 03-08-2002 04:58 AM

hahahaha yes things arent what they seem with her, WOLVE IN SHEEPS CLOTHING :smug:

flumper 03-08-2002 04:59 AM

oops shouldve been wolf not wolve:o

Smiling Sal 03-08-2002 06:21 AM

My MIL is only 6 years older than me ? Now figure that out, Ray is older than me too.

Think it is too easy, she's not Rays mum, but is his Dads wife - Rays mum died many years ago. I used to love to wind her up but after all these years we've done that joke to death. On holiday last year, some guy kept calling her the boys granny & that is one name she hates, gran she doesn't mind but granny - she's far too young to be one of them.

She is lovely but as to having her stay until Wednesday - I don't think so. Well done on the weight loss Kim.

Carol

ChiChi 03-08-2002 08:24 AM

I didnt put on any weight this week in London! I ate loads of crap and got drunk quite a lot in the hotel bar but I havent put any weight on!

I think it migt have something to do with walking everywhere and climbing to the top of St Pauls Cathedral - what a nightmare!

But now I've only got 3 weeks to lose my goal of half a stone by the end of the month! Aargh!

I think Ive finally started to notice a difference, some of my trousers are getting baggier and when I got tarted up to go out in London, 1 of the girls in my class said I looked thinner than usual and asked if I'd lost weight! Of course I just modestly said I didnt know! Lol!

flumper 03-08-2002 08:36 AM

welcome back chi chi, did you like london? ive never been but the kids are desperate to go me id rather go to the highlands than another city but thats kids for you. its good you didnt gain while away you must have been subconsciously(sp?) watching what you were eating , and for your friend to say you looked thineer must have been great feeling .....i hope shes one of the ones your going on holiday with

ChiChi 03-08-2002 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by flumper
did you like london?
Yep it was good! Bought some nice tops for my holiday!

Quote:

its good you didnt gain while away you must have been subconsciously(sp?) watching what you were eating
I dont think so! Dinner was McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Planet Hollywood, lunch was McDonalds, crisps, chocolatr etc! Then there was the fizzy drinks and sweets on the train journeys!
But we did do a **** of a lot of walking! Everyone was sooooo tired all the time!

Quote:

and for your friend to say you looked thineer must have been great feeling .....i hope shes one of the ones your going on holiday with
Nope, I dont know her that well, she's in my class at college and me and my mates just got to know her better while we were in London. She usually only see's me in college when Im covered up so she didnt know what I looked like tarted up anyway! Whereas my friends that Im going on holiday with arent in my class and so I usually see then when we go out, so I doubt they'll notice the difference although I havent seen them properly for a couple off weeks so maybe they will!

flumper 03-08-2002 09:27 AM

i hope they do comment on your weight itll be lovely for you and keep you going at it, im going home to perth at the end of march to see my friend ive not seen her since just before xmas and im praying she notices a difference but shes the sort of person that wont comment on it anyways but i know her so well ill be able to tell if she has or not.............that makes no sense to anyone but me now :dizzy:

tupperware queen 03-08-2002 09:37 AM

Good to hearyou had a great time CHiChi and well done with the weight, keep focussed on your diet and you will have a great time when you get on that holiday.

Smiling Sal 03-08-2002 11:11 AM

Well done Chi Chi on staying the same even though you ate & drank a load of rubbish. If only my body could cope with all the rubbish I eat in the same way I would be a happy bunny.

Wish somebody would notice I've lost some weight. Like you though I'm still wearing the same clothes as always but I notice how much bagger they are. Would just be a nice boost to my will power at the moment.

Carol

Sarah Ann 03-08-2002 11:17 AM

Same here.... but then again maybe thats because we ARE all wearing the same old stuff even though it is baggy.

The ONLY time I have been told I look slimmer is when I have been wearing the odd new item of clothing I have been forced to buy.

Trouble is that who wants to spend lots of money on buying clothes we hopefully will only wear for a few months?? Its a shame there isn't a sort of clothes swapping bank.

tupperware queen 03-08-2002 02:04 PM

Because my wardrobe has various sizes in it I am able to wear 'new' clothes (old ones I havent fitted into for ages!!) and that gives me a bit of a boost. I treat myself to one item of clothing every 7 pounds and it is usually something fairly inexpensive from Asda, Bhs or Sainsburys, the only rule I give myself is that it has to fit and not be something that i can wear in a couple of weeks, it also has to be fitted and not a baggy jumper etc. I am treating myself to some new bras when I have lost another stone, I will definetely need some by then!!
I think when people us in something that fits better they will be really amazed at how much we have all lost eventually, now that will be a great feeling to look forward to.

i have stopped telling people about my diet cos they are probably thinking yeah right, she has been saying that for years, this time I am going to show em by shrinking right before their eyes!!

flumper 03-08-2002 02:21 PM

TQ i havent told many people about this diet either mostly because if i dont stick to it they cant say i told you so, but also when i do meet up with them they will see it and ill say oh i dont know im not on a diet or anything

ChiChi 03-08-2002 02:39 PM

I dont tell anyone Im on a diet!

Ive got some clothes that I used to wear that dont fit me anymore, but most of it is nice stuff that I hope to wear when I got out clubbing when Im on holiday, the clothes are left over from when I lost a lot of weight at 15 and I boguth sum nice skirts, tops and dresses to wear to an under 18 nightclub!
They still fit me, but they dont look that nice yet!

In Tenerife Twentys do naughty school partys and me & my mates R gonna go so I tried on my school uniform and it still fits. I only left school 2 years ago but I thought I'd put on loads of weight since then, obviously not!

I'm thinking of going to London again in early June to buy more clothes for my holiday, I still havent got over the shock of the size of Topshop on Oxford Street!!!!! :eek:

I bought 2 tops from MK1 (nice and cheap!) And one slightly more expensive 1 from Warehouse.

Sarah Ann 03-08-2002 02:40 PM

I tried wearing (or rather trying on) some of the clothes from the last time I was this weight and it was interesting to see that I was living a totally different life then (they were nice suits and silk blouses) - those clothes just aren't the sort of thing I wear nowadays and I think there were a bit 'dated' anyway. So I live in my big baggy stuff, keeping the clothes that actually fit for trips out of the village.

I have told pretty much everyone I know that I am dieting - and I have told them that it is an important health issue with me. The problem is that we don't often go to restaurants where I can make a low fat choice. Our circle of friends tend to usually entertain at home and the food has always been very 'celebrity cheffy' - loads of olive oil/butter/cream - so I was pretty much forced in to telling or carry on turning down invitations like I did for the first month or so.

How does everyone else manage when they eat at someone else's house?? My current point of view is that it gives the person cooking a bit of a challenge!!!!!!!!! :lol:

flumper 03-08-2002 03:57 PM

sarah ive managed so far but only because most of our friends put the dishes on the table and you can help yourself so i pile up on the veg and only a little of the meat or chicken no one has noticed so far dont know what id do if it was put on plate for me though

Posy 03-08-2002 05:49 PM

weigh in report

Hi everyone

well despite feeling ill all week from this flu, and not going to the gym at all...couldn't have done anything even if I had gone, I have still managed to lose another 2lbs again this week. I have to say I think I owe that to my wonderful husband who has kept a very close eye on what I have eaten, if it was left to me this past week I would have eaten nothing and I know that wouldn't have been a good idea, he has been great and has made sure that I have kept to my calorie allowance...don't know what I would have done without him :)

Sarah I agree with you that we don't want to spend money on new clothes that arent going to last us very long, but I have had to start buying the odd thing here and there now...I mean all my original clothes were a size 30 - 32 I am now in a size 18 - 20 so as you can imagine the old stuff is now more than just a little baggy :)
Family and friends are getting a bit sick of me turning up at their houses saying whats in OUR wardrobe :)

I'm feeling much better today and I can't wait for next week to get back to the gym and back to some sort of regular routine again I have really missed it :)

Have a great weekend everyone

Ali :wave:

Smiling Sal 03-09-2002 03:13 AM

Wore a pair of black trousers and a lilac tunic top last night. A few weeks ago they looked quite fetching on me, but last night I caught a glimpse of myself in a big mirror & I looked horrible. The trousers were too baggy and the top just hung there - time for a re-think.

This was my favourite casual outfit a couple of months ago. I haven't lost that much weight, but have tightened up my bod with all this exercising & have changed my shape quite dramatically. I am going to HAVE to buy some cheap clothes for going away in April, I was hoping my old ones would do during the day, and I could just buy a couple of outfits for the nights. But after last night I know I won't get away with it, especailly as I plan on being a few more pounds lighter by the time I go.

It's either melt that credit card or get my needle & thread out :dizzy:, might be able to do something withthe trousers, but do I want to. :D The top will do me for wearing at work for a few more weeks, will keep them guessing if I'm managing to lose weight this time or not.

This should be one of the better problems we have to deal with :lol: :lol:

Carol

flumper 03-09-2002 03:19 AM

way to go carol
i think the thing for us to do now is buy disposable clothes :lol: you know cheap but nice yet ones that wont last the road to end of diet and ones you dont mind throwing away

Sarah Ann 03-09-2002 04:21 AM

Well done, Carol! Losing the pounds is very nice, but the best bit is when you can tell by looking that you have lost weight.

The downside is definitely the expense!!!!

BigPhatBooty 03-09-2002 04:29 AM

Congrats to all you losers :D

I have been distinctly lacking from this thread as things just don't seem to be going to plan for me. However I am hanging in there and I am pleased for all of you who are losing.

Hopefully sometime soon, I will be joining the glorious band :lol:

tupperware queen 03-09-2002 04:58 AM

BPB of course you are joining us, you are not allowed to leave!!We want you here :)

The answer for me has to be shopping at places like Matalan and Primark, George at Asda etc, where you can pick up items for under a tenner so we are not breaking the bank on whole new wardrobes. The thing also is to not get upset by whatever the labels say in the cheaper shops as they tend to have a little less material in them.
I feel better for getting rid of the baggy old jumpers and wearing something that fits a bit better, and feel more aware having something on that is a bit restrictive when eating, ie waist band getting tighter it must be time to stop eating :s: .

Sarah Ann 03-09-2002 08:45 AM

Desperation set in, when I tried to get dressed this morning in 'seeing other people' type clothes nothing really fitted at all. I put on the jeans I bought a few weeks ago which are starting to get loose in places and then the dog jumped up at me with muddy paws..... so I had to put on a pair of XL jogging bottoms that are so large the crutch comes down to almost between my knees.

After Kevin stopped laughing he said I definitely need some more clothes, so we went shopping yet again - I ended up buying yet another pair of jeans - this time a size 16 and a pair of lavender size 16 sort of combats! OK - I look a bit like an overstuffed sausage in the jeans at the moment but hopefully in a week or two they should be a bit more comfortable (i.e. I should be able to sit down in 'em!!).

Smiling Sal 03-09-2002 09:17 AM

Just back from my shopping trip. Brought 2 t-shirts from what everyone wants, one is a size 18/20 & the other a 16/18. Both fit the same, but are labelled as different sizes. Gave up on finding a decent pair of trousers, had the boys with me, Ray working & they were fed up in one shop !! But I did pick up 2 pairs of cheap leggings, just for running the about the house.

I wore my stretchy jeans last weekend, still need to lose a bit more to be comfy in them, they get a bit tight if I'm sitting down in them for too long.

Still got this house to gut & mums to go to. Have to go today as we're off to a birthday party in Dundee tomorrow so I won't be able to see her then.

I may find some time for my work out, about midnight. Sarah I'm dangerous in those auction sites as well. I'm trying to expand my exercise video collection - variety is the spice of life. I've bid on a pilates vid & collection of 5 vids on Ebay this morning. Both are only for a couple of pounds, but will need to break it gently to Ray if I get them. Too scared to go look at things like rebounders. Might see something else which takes my fancy.

Carol