UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #31  
Phat Chick

Originally posted by Sarah Ann
Quote:
I did some last weekend and didn't enjoy it very much - mind you I was with Kevin who stands there with his arms folded, yawning a lot and raising his eyes heavenwards to anyone who catches his eye
I have had to come out of a changing room on several occasions and separated my hubby from another hubby out shopping with their wife. Have you noticed that bored husbands in hang around in groups in ladies shops. They conspire together and have entirely too much fun and get distracted from the task in hand - giving advice opinions on what we are trying on. Do you think the and are the signs of a "masonary" type pact or a male distress call sign?
Old 02-13-2002, 05:23 PM   #32  
Theres no stopping me now

Quote:
veggie - What about trousers are they allowed to touch the floor???? Don't have to wear them above my knee do I????
I am still laughing Veggie. Think this requires a fresh survey round the office tomorrow. Will need to kid on I'm checking network connections so I can crawl around the floor under the desks & check for you . Oh I'm still laughing

Been swimming with the boys & now we're home I have the munches, Think I need to make myself something sensible to eat, else I'll end up eating rubbish in the middle of the night. Slight problem I only have 1.5 points left for today. A roll with turkey & salad sounds good & thats 2.5. I really want cheese but I am not giving in. I will need to use some to those exercise points which I always ignore - today they are needed.

I'm waiting for my boys to fall asleep they are in my bed watching a video, as school & nursery are off until Tuesday now. And the later they go to sleep the longer they will sleep for Ray tomorrow morning.

The remains of that wine is sitting in the fridge & I don't even want it. Think if Ray was here drinking a glass though that would be totally a different matter. Mind over matter is what I need to do. I'm still on the blackcurrant juice, by this time next week I'll look like one of those ribena berries, but hopefully not quite as round

Carol
Old 02-13-2002, 05:25 PM   #33  

I go shopping on my own. I can't handle taking Ray or even the boys, young as they are. I think that 'bored' 'why am I here' look is bred into them.

Carol
Old 02-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #34  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Ok ladies, I'm off for my first weight loss ( finger's crossed, I've followed my points so well) weigh in. I'll come back on later and let you know how I did.
You're all probably ready for your beds right now, whilst I still have the evening ahead of me, have a nice sleep.
Chris.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:58 PM   #35  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Ok I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, what thread is for what, or if I can post any where...but here I am, sorry if I've done it wrong...
WW weigh in report I have lost four and a half pounds in my first week of counting points...I am rather pleased with myself, although my friend I went with managed seven and a half pounds so I'm a wee bit jealous too...but I'm pleased for her, cos she's so wonderful. Maybe I'll catch up with her next week?
Well I hope everyone over there in the UK has had a pleasant nights sleep, I'm off to my bed in a mo, and will look forward to reading your new postings next time I get to the puter.
Take care all,
Chris.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:35 AM   #36  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Chris - 4.5lbs is WONDERFUL!!! Well done!!!!! Your friend must have been starving herself to lose that much. We have got a Weekly Weigh In thread going (our equivalent of a diet class) so if you post your weight loss over on there then I will add it in with everyone else's next Monday when I do a sort of summary of how we are all doing as a group.

Genevre - its a shame you don't live near me - I am the other way round from you - size 16 at the top and a lot larger round the rear end.... (haven't measured it - and I DON'T really want to know...) I got in to a pair of size 18 jeans last weekend but I think that was pure fluke. Have you noticed that somehow clothes sizes never seem to be the same from one shop to the next. All I do is start with a size larger than I think I am - and then work my way downwards until something fits.

BPB - definitely NOT the distress thing.... he likes looking at the pretty girls trying on skimpy little numbers... so its probably the masonic thing - on the other hand it could be just that he hates parting with money.... According to him he thinks it is a waste of time for me to spend a long time trying to find the elusive perfect thing to wear, if I am going to shrink out of it within a month or two. I did ask whether I should wander around either in my old falling down jogging bottoms (3 or 4 sizes too big with the elastic gone) OR buy the first thing I see when I walk in a shop, irrespective of colour, fit, style, etc. but he said I was being sarcastic (and he was probably right).

He has promised to wait outside next time.

The problem is that as I have said before we live on the outskirts of a tiny village which is itself on the outskirts of yet another village (not so small this time) which in turn is about 15 mins in a car from Doncaster - so basically I live in the middle of nowhere. I can't drive cars and I haven't got a motorbike at the moment and the bus service is a bit unpredictable - so I don't really have a choice but to go shopping with him.

Well done on resisting the wine again, Carol - it should be 'off' by tomorrow and totally undrinkable!!!! Which blackcurrant drink are you having?

I have been making enquiries at the leisure centre in the next village and I found out that you have to have an initial assessment before you can use the gym... but I know I wouldn't do very well as I am, so I have decided to join in April when I am a bit slimmer and a bit fitter from all the walking. You can tell I'm a blonde, can't you! It never occurred to me how daft this sounds until my US diet buddy pointed out that I am trying to get myself in good enough shape so that I can go to my local gym to be assessed so that I can use the equipment to get fit. Blonde logic!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 02-14-2002 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:51 AM   #37  
Pending Email Confirmation

Personally I like my trousers flapping slighty above the ankle, all the better to show off my socks. I've arrived at this fashion statement after years if searching for trousers long enough!
Happy Valentines day everyone.
Sarah Ann...a fellow biker!Well, I should be, I have a Triumph Sprint which is beautiful, and has been parked at the side of the house since last summer when my husband lost one of his best friends in a bike accident. It was just after my baby was born and I have just lost my nerve...I keep thinking of his little children left without a Dad and I cannot do it, so instead I drive an old polo which has all the safety features of a wet paper bag anyway.
Do make an appointment for the leisure centre, it isn't as bad as you think! I was terrified but I told them so and they were sweet to me. I think it helps that there are so many retired people round here, they are used to all shapessizes and ages. Although I am usually the fattest there it doesn't really bother me any more, although if I get stuck between a couple of brittney wannbees I tend to repeat in my head my mantra 'I deserve to be here more than they do, I am a worthwhile person etc etc'.
When I went for the assesment they didn't weigh me, they just asked how much I weighed. I was so amazed I told them the truth!
gen
Old 02-14-2002, 04:02 AM   #38  

Happy Valentines Day everybody. I couldn’t get the door open for all the cards the postie had put through this morning – in my dreams.

I’m drinking Co-ops own sugar free diluting blackcurrant juice – much cheaper that a bottle of wine & lasting longer. Ray must have finished the wine when he came in from work last night as I saw the empty bottle in the bin this morning.

I can understand your logic Sarah, you can’t to the gym to get healthy until you are a bit healthier – it’s a bit like cleaning your house before cleaner comes in – in my dreams (again)!!!

Chris 4.5lbs is a great loss. I’m happy with any movement the scale makes as long as it’s down the way.

Flumper how did you get on with your first day at work?

Off to see what mischief I can get into today

Carol
Old 02-14-2002, 04:52 AM   #39  

Morning' all

Went to the cinema last night to see Ocean's Eleven or Gosford Park and neither are on until tomorrow we had to see From **** with Johnny Depp he's gorgeous - film not so gorgeous!!! We decided to get something to eat first (I had 450 calories all day to make up for it) only to discover all the restaurants were full - on a Wednesday in February!! We ended up in the most disgusting, filthy Burger King and I hated it and left most of my chips (then made up for it by scoffing a huge bag of minstrels - my first chocolate this year).

Dave's rubbish when we go shopping too. He sits outside changing rooms with a face like a slapped @rse!!! If I ask him which outfit he prefers he always says "which is the cheapest?" - now I go shopping either on my own or with friends - Sprog #1 is much more help than he is and she's always on her best behaviour because she knows if I'm in a good mood she'll get something too. She loves clothes and is changing them constantly, last night she wore a pink bikini all night!! Much to MIL's disgust who was babysitting. If I knew it was going to offend her I'd have worn mine too

Chris - 4.5lbs, well done.

I went to a gym last year but I hated it and never enjoyed it, I always felt like I should be at home doing the laundry or something - I think it's just not my cup of tea. I much prefer aerobics or swimming - I think you have to find the right exercise for you, can't wait to get my rebounder on Saturday.

Good luck with the clothes shopping today Veggie.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:22 AM   #40  

Happy Valentines Day everybody I got a card (yesterday!) but its more than last year. Everyone else in my office is getting flowers and cuddly toys!

Was From **** not that good? I was thinking of going on Saturday but may settle for Ocean's Eleven (George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Andy Garcia, what a combo ).

I was really worried about joining my gym too but I don't feel uncomfortable there. I think everyone else is too worried about themselves to notice you. Sometimes I am the biggest there, sometimes not but at least by going, it shows I am working on being healthier.

I always go clothes shopping on my own, I learnt from an early age how tedious it was to go shopping with other people. Unfortunately, my bf is more obsessed with clothes than I am and cannot pass a clothes or shoe shop without going in. Its so boring though, he never actually buys anything, just endlessly looks.

Have a great day all, off to get some water and Rescue Remedy!

Phoebe
Old 02-14-2002, 05:25 AM   #41  

LOL Melissa, I'm inspired, may get something similar for my boys to wear next time my darling MIL is in town. Might distract her from checking to house for dust or her son for signs of neglect
I think 4.5lbs is good, if you lose loads in the forst wek or so it's water anyway, or so I have been told.
God I HATE half term.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:36 AM   #42  

I love 1/2 term... I'm sitting here, all alone with my cup of coffee.
I've just had my weetabix and for once, I'm pleasing myself

I also hate the gym, I find it so boring..DIL (to be) sent me her step last night, no video, just the step. I wonder if I can get one from the Library for a few weeks, someting just basic????

Trampoline/Step - a change is as good as a rest, and as there is no rest for the wicked.....

Janet
Old 02-14-2002, 07:45 AM   #43  

Been shopping...not happy obviously...got a size 30 shirt size 26 posh jacket and 26 trousers sizes are ODD I tell ya! I took my mother big mistake she kept telling me the size 26 was too tight but I thought it fitted ok but she is like me and wears baggy all the time I'm trying to stop doing that!! Can always take everything back...theres a mac I quite like!!
Old 02-14-2002, 07:46 AM   #44  

Everytime I tried on a trouser suit type thing I wailed I look like a man I look stupid I look like a clown etc etc!! OH GOD!!
Old 02-14-2002, 08:48 AM   #45  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Oh Veggie!!! Poor you.... next time don't take your Mum and go with your own gut feeling.

To wear 'smart' trousers without looking like a man you need to wear something fairly dainty on your feet - a court shoe with a slight heel with tights or pop socks in the same colour - something like that. What colours did you choose in the end? I am sure you look really nice - its just that you aren't used to wearing that sort of thing. A bit like me and this bloomin' cream and apricot lacy dress thingy my friend has picked for me to wear when (if) I'm her Matron of Honour in July. I've just seen the brochure thingy and the fabrics ... it looks awful (not at all my style) The dress is made of cream lace over a apricot satin underdress. It has got a plain slightly scooped neckline and a fairly full floor length skirt and then it has got an apricot satin sash running round under the bust which does up in a big bow round the back! AND its got short puffed sleeves.... She wants me to wear a bonnet type hat a well (with apricot ribbons) - I'm going to look like Little Bow Peep! One thing is for sure - if I end up doing this I am going to have to change my hair colour!

Don't worry - I was tactful - I just smiled and said 'How nice!'
Closed Thread