UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 01:57 PM   #61  
Theres no stopping me now

Well done on losing so much Soraya I hope that one day I will be able to post something like that. Those last pounds will go to - I have faith in you
Old 05-14-2002, 12:00 PM   #62  

Thanks Carol
Old 05-18-2002, 05:54 AM   #63  

Hiya,

I introduced myself on another thread but since I've found this one.....

I'm 38 yrs old, and I live in Herts near London. I'm an IT contractor which means I work all kinds of hours, and I'll work where ever the work is, even if it means travelling to Europe

I've been married 4 years, but we've been together 8 years this October. We're DINK's - dual income, no kids.

My main goal is to get a life - slow down on the working long hours and actually find out what I enjoy doing.

I think I started putting on weight in my teens, and it crept up over the years. I did manage to lose 1.5 stone with WW, but 1 stone of that has gone back on in the last year.

I am a chocoholic, and I can't have it in the house at the moment unless my husband hides it. At least that way he can have some chocolate even if I can't. Once I'm back into a healthier lifestyle I know I'll be able to eat it again (in small amounts), but at present my will power isn't strong enough.

I love reading sci-fi (I'm a Star Wars fan), and travelling around. We went to Australia earlier in the year and we loved it. Hopefully we'll get back there again next year.

If - sorry WHEN I reach a milestone of 14st 7lbs I want to do a parachute jump. I wanted to do one a few years ago but there is a weight restriction, and I may need to do it with a buddy anyway.

My ultimate weight goal is 11 stone 7lbs and then I'll see how I look then. To be around a size 16 would be good since I'm 5ft 7ins tall, and I should be able to buy clothes in most shops.

TTFN,
Karen
Old 05-18-2002, 07:30 AM   #64  

hiya karen..........im a non-dink, i laffed my grt big pants off at that .............................but parachute jump!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2002, 08:51 AM   #65  

Wink My life...

I hope you don't mind me joining in.... My name is Joanne. I am 34 years old, married to Vernon and have a 4 yr old called Jake. I was born in England but moved to Australia with family when I was two. Lived down under for 20 odd years and came back here every couple of years. On my last visit I met my hubby and the rest is history. Have been in England for 12 years now and never returned down under due to family probs. All is rosy now and we are off in December for a couple of months. I seemed to have always been overweight and was at my biggest when I last left Australia. I was unhappy with myself and never managed to stay on any diet successfully. Now things have changed. I am determined to go back down under as the person I have always wanted to be. I have been on S/W since January and lost 1 stone 12 pounds. I have taken the scenic route. I have had a few hiccups along the way but am positive I will do it. I now have confidence to go swimming each week with Jake. Mind you I am short sighted so when I take my glasses off I think if I can't see them they won't see me. haha. I have my faithful R/conley video which gets an airing now and again. I bought this rolling contraption but have not worked it out yet. Keep falling flat on my face. Any way I will get off now. Thanks for your time.
Oh by the way I am 15 stones 8 pounds. I want to be at least 12 stone by December.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:55 AM   #66  

Hi Joanne please feel free to post anywhere and welcome!
Old 05-19-2002, 12:07 PM   #67  

hiya jo welcome to madness

you will do it jo look at me if ever there was a lost cos i am it but ive gotten down from 15st 12lb to 12st 10lbs ive never lost so much weight before and i really dont know how im doing it this time but i think its down to this site, girls here are very supportive and ive even found a few that are not scared to put there foot up my bum when im needing it

hope you stick around its always great meeting new people on here
Old 05-19-2002, 12:34 PM   #68  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Hello Jo good to meet you, welcome aboard. please visit often and post anywhere you like!!
Old 05-23-2002, 05:05 AM   #69  

Default Hello

Hello everyone. I've been looking for some sort of online support group and this looks pretty good. I'm Angela, I'm 35 and live in Glasgow with my husband Sandy and my baby boy Jackson.

I've always been fat I'm 5ft 3 and I think somewhere between 13-14 stone at the moment. I've lost weight twice before and need to do it again.

My body is therefore somewhat at odds with my idea of myself as a Sex and the City shoe addict with a preference for cocktails over doughnuts.

I work from home at the moment which is fantastic but I need to get more active. With the baby its hard to find time for regular exercise. I used to do Callanetics which worked but ooh what hard work and I like yoga and more energetic things too. Just need to get myself in gear.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:06 PM   #70  

Welcome Ange
Old 06-07-2002, 02:21 PM   #71  
emerging from my cocoon

Default hello - I'm...

Hi

I'm Gill from Teesside in the North East (someone has to be...)
and I'm 39 years old. I never intended to be fat and 40, but here it comes!

I'm married with one 10 year old son, 2 step daughters and 3 grandchildren (scary or what?) and I work as a teacher in Hartlepool (quaint fishing village on the North East Coast).

I have yoyoed all my life, but after a period in OA settled to a steady weight. Unfortunately it settled around 19 stones!
I'm trying to get my head around losing weight and have lost 3 lbs in a couple of weeks. It's odd, as when I used to diet I would always lose about 7lbs in the first week. Looks like years of up and down have really taken their toll.

When not thinking about food, I like to play with our PC, read, do half-hearted needle point and drink red wine (lousy combination mostly, the stains are a b***er to get out of Aida)

Higest ever: 21stones, starting this time: 19 stones, current: 18 11, Target: wearing a UK size 18-20.

Blessings
Old 08-25-2002, 12:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

Hiya Everyone, & thanks very much for the welcome on the other thread, veggie.

My name's Shell & I'll be 30 in October. I live in Birmingham. I've been married to Wayne for 9 years, & I have a 3 year-old daughter Aoife and a 5 month-old son AJ (Aidan James). I'm a housewife now, but after studying Occupational Therapy at university I used to work in a mainstream primary school integrating physically disabled children.

I've always been overweight, but my weight crept up drastically from meeting my husband when I was 17 onwards. In 1995 I managed to lose about 3 stone, but after losing my mum that year & my dad the following year, it crept back up again - I'm a terrible comfort eater.

After having my daughter & giving up work to look after her, I reached my heaviest of 18stone 3.5lbs. A friend introduced me to WW, & while I thought it was a brilliant diet, it just wasn't the right time for me. However, last year I seemed to be in the right frame of mind, & I managed to lose nearly 4 stone before getting pregnant with my son. I'd convinced myself that having another baby wouldn't knock me off my stride because I'd already made such huge changes to my eating habits, but I was wrong! After my son was born, I found that I was always hungry, probably because he fed very well, & I carried on piling the lbs on, till I'd put back on over 2 stone of what I'd lost. It's a bit disheartening, but after my success of last year, I feel that I can do it: I was just waiting for the right time. I'm really hoping that now is the time, because I'm feeling pretty motivated & disciplined at the moment. How long it will last is another matter altogether.......

I'm rejoining WW on Wednesday hopefully, but I'm already dieting & have already lost a few lbs of the weight I'd gained. I've recently started going to aerobics once a week again, & having recently learned to ride a bike, I'm hoping to get to do that fairly regularly.

I love music - all kinds, but rock is my favourite. My main hobbies are participating in 17th century re-enactments as a member of the Sealed Knot, & going to car shows; especially American car shows. I also like cross-stitch & reading, but get precious little time to do either at the moment! I'm also a very social animal & am lucky to have lots of friends with children the same age, so I need a plan like WW which will allow for eating out easily, as we know just about every child-friendly pub or playbarn with cheap meal deals!

I look forward to sharing the highs & lows of this long road with you all.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:22 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

Default New Member

Hi

I'm Helen and a friend of Shell. She found this website a few days ago and bombarded me with emails and text message until I joined. I'm glad I did.

I am 38 years old and am married to Chris. We have one daughter, and are trying to decide if we want to add to our family before its too late.

I have been dieting for most of my adult life and have generally failed, miserably. I even thought I was fat in my early teens, before I had a weight-problem.

Recently I have been to see a counsellor about my eating as I was starting to feel that I would only be happy if I killed myself by overeating. I hated myself and didn't feel I deserved to be slim. Its almost like I was trying to punish myself for something. Anyway we identified that most of these issues seem to arise from my childhood; being punished for bad behaviour by being whipped and having my dad making a lot of negative comments that have resulted in me having little self confidence and very low self-esteem. A week after my meeting with the counsellor I felt motivated to start dieting again. I think the most important things he has done is to make me realise that I am as good as anyone else and have as much right to be happy as anyone else and he also made me realise that when I don't succeed 100% it doesn't mean I've failed 100% either so I can have a bad dieting day but it doesn't mean it has to become a bad dieting month because I haven't failed.

My hobbies are mostly sedentary, as is my job. I enjoy reading, knitting, using a spinning wheel, 17th century re-enacting and genealogy.

I have lost 5lb so far on this dieting attempt which started 7th Aug. I usually weigh-in on a Wednesday but can't this week due to work committments so won't be able to post any loss now until next week

Helen
Old 09-06-2002, 01:10 AM   #74  
DNW

Dear Sarah Ann:

I love your quote by "7 of 9", failure is not an option

That's where I am now...I must try and try and try and never give up....also dealing with the 9/11 blues...I live 15 miles outside of NYC and could see the WTC burning for months....what do they think in the UK right now....please be honest.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Ann
I thought I'd just bring this thread back up to the top.... anyone feel like adding to it??????????
Old 10-23-2002, 11:35 AM   #75  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

I am Leigh. I have 4 children but that is a whole other story. i put weight on first time around when I was with my ex husband. Very bad relationship so ate to comfort myself. Did lose weight when I left him. Have gradually put on weight with each pregnancy. Now on husband number 2.
Am on my 3rd year of study with the Open Univeristy. I would like to have been a Social Worker but due to reasons that I can't explain that has gone out the window. So am hurridly trying to re=evaluate what courses to do in order to still have a degree that will be of some use to me. Also going to college one night a week to learn British Sign Language. Perhaps that could me my new career.
I don't work at present due to recurring depression. This is one reason why I want to lose weight. I am not doing it for anybody but myself. Although I don't want to get to my ideal weight as I have been there and I was very unhappy with it. So I am aiming for a few extra pounds on top of that as that was how I felt my most happiest. But it is still along way to go!!
I use step aerobics for exercise and a dance video. I am too self conscious to go to a gym at the moment.
Husband is kinldy buying me a bike from christmas so as I can go out cycling (need to learn to ride it first though).
Hobbies when I get the time are cross stitch and reading.
I hit my heaviest weight ever of 19st 9lbs just before going on this diet. I am not aiming too high (so as I don't get disappointed), so my aim is to lose a pound a week and anything else is a bonus to me.
Well thats me. Oops I think I have gone on too long.
Closed Thread