UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 06:47 PM   #46  

Can I join in and tell you a little bit about myself, I think it would be good for my soul (if you know what I mean and not as many calories as a bottle of wine!) only joking.
Pippy
xxx
Old 05-04-2002, 03:18 AM   #47  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello Pippy. I'd love to know more about you, we are a nosy lot here. And anything with less claories than a bottle of wine is worth knowing
Old 05-04-2002, 05:04 AM   #48  

hello and welcome pippy, feel free to jump in anywhere, as you can tell by smiling's spelling she knows all about the calories in wine .....................im going into hiding now
Old 05-04-2002, 12:02 PM   #49  

Yes Flumper I do know all about CALORIES in wine.

Imagine suggesting I'd be on the wine at that time of the morning or are you saying I'm still drunk from last night. Behave yourself Flumper else I'll come and Thump yer - oh I am so funny
Old 05-04-2002, 12:36 PM   #50  

thumper and flumper

right wabbits come out fighting

Old 05-05-2002, 03:47 AM   #51  

Can I bring our hamster - he's called thumper as he always thumps into the wall and furniture in his hamster ball thing.

Hamsters verus rabbits - not much of a contest ?
Old 05-05-2002, 03:53 AM   #52  

hahahahaha you never heard of david and goliath

dont write the hamster off ....my baby wants one of they rodenty things oh but i couldnt have it in house id have to stay in shed she is animal daft she wants fish too which i can just about cope with ...nice little gold fish ahhh
Old 05-05-2002, 04:39 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

Hi guys, can I join in?

I'm usually on Buddy Up (Desperately Need a Diet Buddy), but figured I'd have a change.

I've been yoyo-ing for the last 34 years (my entire life ). Lost a load of weight last year on WW but I've just gone back to my pre-WW weight again, of 17st 5lbs.

I'm thinking of trying SW...met a few success stories in the last few weeks. Do any of you have any experience of SW?

Jo
Old 05-05-2002, 04:43 AM   #54  

jo hello, i have heard sw success stories and i think as long as your group leader is motivated enough to help youse all it will work............you have nothing to lose(except the lbs) so why not give it a shot
Old 05-05-2002, 08:16 AM   #55  

Hi Jo, I tried SW once after seeing lots of ladies at my office doing really well on it.
You probably know it works on Red and Green Days, so, on red days you can eat lots of protein (as much lean meat and fish as you want) on the Green Days you focus on the carbs (so you can eat 10 plates of pasta or rice or baked potatoes w/ tomato sauce if you want!!). A strange thing about SW is that eggs, as long as they are not fried, are unlimited on both days. As I am a carb addict so I found that Green Days suited me v. well, as long as I was eating at home. Where I fell down on SW was when I was eating out. We tend to eat out a lot, and I found I just couldnt pick the right things to eat.

In brief the plus points of SW are that if you choose the right food, you can eat lots of it, and people do seem to lose big amounts of weight very quickly if they stick to it. The minus for me, was it takes some getting used to, and I felt it just didnt fit into my lifestyle. Thats why I find WW easier.
If you need any more info before you join, just ask and I will try to help .
Good luck, Jen
Old 05-05-2002, 09:23 AM   #56  

Thanks Jen,

I think I will try SW and see whether it suits me better than WW. I did pretty well on WW, but then things happened, I stopped going and before long I was back on the rocky road of over-eating.

I'm a bit of a carb addict so I think SW might suit me well.

Jo
Old 05-06-2002, 05:22 PM   #57  

Hello Im fuseaddict

Im 36 years old, married and have 2 daughters. I have been living in Nurenberg, Germany for 2 and a half years. I always seem to be on a diet, the first 3 days are great, then everything goes to pot. The worst thing is my husband is an absolutely fantastic cook, everything tastes wonderful, reason - cream, cheese, you name it he puts it in. One time he said shall I make spaghetti with a tomato sauce? I was quite taken aback as it seemed very healthy, I agreed. I popped in the kitchen for a drink and there he was pouring cream in, whats that I scream, well, Im making it tasty, was his reply. What shall I do. Ok, Ive decided not to eat when he cooks, he can cook for himself and the children (sob).
I do like to cook, but i have to have a recipe to follow, like my diets, I must have it written down, what to eat and how much. So as long as my youngest daughter isnt pulling at my leg and screaming, I enjoy cooking. Cross-stitch is another hobby of mine and reading (creepy, scary ones)
I love going to the cinema and have recently found one nearby that shows films in English.
Its only since Ive been reading 3fc that Im really serious about starting to diet again, its just the problem of the inavailability of non/low-fat products here. Also, Ive found recently that certain recipes contain foods that I just cannot get here, so am looking for basic recipes. You ladies fill me the urge to just get up and go jogging, the only problem being that I only feel like this when Im on the computer reading what youve all said and its always too late and I dont think my neighbour downstairs would appreciate me getting my keep-fit videos out at midnight!!!!!
Anyway all you ladies, thanks for the encouragement to keep trying and good luck to you all
Old 05-06-2002, 05:44 PM   #58  

Hi Fuse,

I can sympathise about your hubby. Mine is a great cook, especially when it comes to chinese food.....but it doesn't help when you need to lose weight! My solution this time round is that I've talked him into doing the diet with me, as he needs to lose a little bit (obviously nowhere near as much as I need to lose!!!), and providing I take charge of the food I know he'll go along with it.

I'm getting a treadmill later this week as I can't really walk out where I live. It is difficult when you get inspiration from the website and can't do anything that minute. I guess all we can do is help one another get through the difficulties.

Is your hubby in the forces?

Jo
Old 05-07-2002, 06:00 AM   #59  

Hi Jo,
no, hubs isnt in the forces, hes German. We met in Dubai where we both worked and then when his job finished after four years, we came back to his hometown .
We have now got an excercise bike for those grey, rainy days and an ab-roller. The home Gym is too bulky for me to get out and too hard anyway.
When my daughter is awake ( which seems like 24 hours) I find it difficult to do my excercise videos as she launches herself onto to my back and starts whacking my bottom I think shes been watching too much horse-racing
Old 05-09-2002, 06:42 AM   #60  

Hi everyone, this is a great thread I havent contributed much lately, although Ive been lurking now and then
For those of you who dont know me from UK weight buddies, my name is Soraya, Im 41 and I am originally from sunny Gibraltar (the only British colony left in Europe). I have been living in London for the last 11 years with Ken, whose from Gib too, although he went to school in Torquay.
I work full time as an office manager for a financial adviser in the West End.
Ive always been aware of my weight - my mum was overweight, and I remember going on crash diets from a very early age. Looking back, I didnt really need to
During most of my 20s, my weight remained at around 11st, but when I moved to London it began to creep up (all those years of yo yo diets taking their toll) and it got as far as 17st 13 in August 2000 when I realised I had to do something so I went to my GP who prescribed Xenical. I have been taking it on an off since then, and have lost just over 4st - Im now 13 st 7. The pills alone dont work so I have also been following a low fat diet and drinking lots of water, and being a bit more active instead of sitting around watching tv!
My weight loss has slowed down over the past 6 months, my final target is around 11st
Closed Thread