3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Jumping January jabber... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/129799-jumping-january-jabber.html)

BritinNJ 12-31-2007 08:30 PM

Jumping January jabber...

Happy New Year to all your lovelies out there. Hope 2008 is all you wish for.

Another new start for us all :)

It's :ink: time of course this evening, but tomorrow is a new day and all the leftovers are being thrown away or sent away with hubs or kids.. only healthy food in the house for me :)

:newyear: :celebrate::newyear:

sarahgrace 01-01-2008 07:54 AM

Happy New Year evryone. my good behaviour will start after my birthday which is Saturday!!:)

micheleherts 01-01-2008 08:34 AM

Happy New Year to you all.

Well I've got a terrible headache, we went out to a friend's last night and a really lovely evening but I drank and ate too much, Exactly what I had planned to do really,

Today though is big new start forget my not so good 2007 and look to the future.

I shall definitely be posting here regularly here again once more as I'm sure thats what kept me on a straighter road than I have been.

Take good care
Michele

YP1 01-01-2008 08:41 AM

Happy New Year everyone! My big night out is Friday (friend's birthday) rather than last night so I'm feeling fairly fresh - or at least I was until I started on the leftover cava. I went for an 8 mile run this morning, but now I'm starting on the main resolution of the year - actually sorting my house out and making it more liveable in. I've opened drawers and boxes that haven't been touched since I moved in 4 years ago this morning!

And my running stuff now takes up 4 drawers instead of being crammed into 1....

denialisnthappiness 01-01-2008 09:00 AM

Happy new year everyone :D Went for a four mile stroll down by the river today... lovely and fresh out there and as I don't drink (and have no social life) I'm as fresh as a daisy this morning :D

veggie 01-01-2008 09:49 AM

Happy New Year :D

I don't feel that bad. ;)

BritinNJ 01-01-2008 10:59 AM

Hello ladies,

Sounds like the new year is a good start for us all. I've just eaten a very healthy breakfast, according to the 'plan' and now need to drag all the boxes into the house and start unloading all the deccies off of the tree and putting the stuff away. That should be a good workout.

Hubs and kids have left to go back to their respective homes and work tomorrow, we're forecast some snow, but I don't think it'll amount to much, just a few flurries, that'll be more than enough for me.

I don't make resolutions, but I plan on dropping in and making a comment here every day this year, so it can help me stay on track.

See you all tomorrow. :wave:

redsoxgirl 01-01-2008 02:52 PM

My head is pounding and I just ate a steak and cheese sub....

Oh well Happy New Year everyone, I need to get myself back on track so hopefully I'll be more active here.

Today I'm spending on the couch, back to reality tomorrow.

kn1ghtbabe 01-01-2008 03:33 PM

:cheers: :newyear:
For 2008 I plan to use a bit more :dust: and do alot more :tread: :exercise: :ebike: and get off my butt and onto my :bike2: I'm gonna be an :angel: this year

peacock 2 01-02-2008 04:02 AM

Happy Birthday for Saturday SarahGrace -a fellow Capricorn - yahoo! Mine is today and I am 48.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.

I am now fed up eating! I mean I still do - but it gives me no pleasure!!

I have to lose weight - I found out I am only half a stone less than my Dad!!!!

sarahgrace 01-02-2008 04:11 AM

Happy birthday Peacock :)

kn1ghtbabe 01-02-2008 06:15 AM

Happy Birthday Peacock

veggie 01-02-2008 09:55 AM

Happy Birthday Peacock :celebrate:

and Sarahgrace for Saturday in case I forget then. :o :hb:

sarahgrace 01-02-2008 11:43 AM

seem to remember it was Frus's birthday around now. Wonder what she's up to.....?:?:

veggie 01-02-2008 01:01 PM

A quick look says 7th January. Hope she's ok. :)

I've realised today I have no idea how to start losing weight again. :o I still want to drink Baileys. :o

micheleherts 01-02-2008 01:18 PM

Good evening to you all

Happy birthday Peacock, hope you are having a lovely day, bloody cold though isn't it? I know just what you mean about being fed up with food, it's been the same day in day out food food food food and more food. This is my second day of healthiness, I've been fine but I've a period due and that always makes me want to eat everything in sight so I'm going to do my best to keep on track.

There is one of those programme abouts massive obese people tonight,
the 64 stone woman. I shall probably watch it wellI I know I will I'm a bit of a sucker for a fat programme!! We were speaking about this at work today, we've all gained weight our uniforms are all tight and we moan constantly about it. In fact my friend stapled mine up the other day because it kept bursting open. Anyway we were sitting chatting discussing tonight's programme when one of the physios told us a tale about a hugely obese man on a ward she used to work on. Anyway when they bought him in they had to wash him and didn't they find his tv remote hidden in his folds of flesh your man said oooh I was looking for that!! I said to the girls I reckon I could hide something in my flesh at the moment!!

House is so quiet at the moment big fella is an awful eejit and has gone night fishing with his mate, I told him not to go but he said he has thermals and will be fine. I'd say we could get a call in the night to bring the big eejit home.
The little fella is at his friend's house and hubby is probably at his mother's she lives just around the corner.

My day off tomorrrow I still love fried egg sarnies but I was thinking tomorrow I may just have cereal. Not sure yet.

Anyway take good care.

Michele

Fea 01-02-2008 01:57 PM

Hello,
Happy birthday peacock and happy new year everyone!

Im off to weigh myself for the first time in months :eek:

micheleherts 01-02-2008 05:17 PM

I just watched the half stone mum, oh it turned out to be so sad, and I kind of wished I hadn't seen it now, and I feel bad for being so flippant about it earlier. I truly thought it would be a programme where there would be a happy ending and you would see her living the life she always dreamt of.

May that poor girl rest in perfect peace.

Michele

sarahgrace 01-02-2008 05:29 PM

i saw it too :(

kn1ghtbabe 01-03-2008 04:24 AM

Have just introduced the puppy to the snow. Am off to town to spend my clothes vouchers that I got for christmas.

Fea 01-03-2008 06:13 AM

Ive only been out of bed for half an hour. Ive spent that sneezing and watching the snow outside. I start work at 2 and Ive sent DH to Asda to get some vital ingredients to get me through the day :)

[rant] I really dont want to go to work today.. well I dont want to have to work until 9pm should I say. I also have this constant feeling of dread in my stomach thinking if the 1500 work essay I have to have handed in next Friday that I havent even started yet :( [/rant]

Hope everyone has a lovely day :D

micheleherts 01-03-2008 06:48 AM

Ooooh Fea you have snow. I thought me may get some last night, mind you I thanked god we didn't as my eldest son Conor went night fishing last night. My husband went over at 6am this morning with a mcdonalds brekkie before he went to work (what a sweetheaert he is) and found the pair of them fast asleep in their bivvy. He will be home shortly no doubt stinking of fish urgh.

Well I've started off the day with Special K unheard of since I normally have a fried egg sarnie on my day off but I'm determined to lose this bit of weight I've put on recently. I had intended to gym but I've a bad toe so I'm going to leave it another day, but I may go swimming this evening.

Take good care
Michele

BritinNJ 01-04-2008 05:55 PM

Evening ladies,

Well I dindn't get in here yesterday so :hb: Peacock :)

It was SOOOOOOOOO bloody cold here yesterday and it's not too warm today either. But I was either reading or watching something that said, cold is better for you as it makes your body work harder, therefore, burns more calories and helps rev up the old metabolism, so I shan't keep complaining, although if the cold keeps up, I'll be a skinny minnie in no time :lol:

I've been good with the grub and the exercise so far, haven't weighed yetthough, so hope to have lost a little something....

Hope that you're all doing ok, I know it is someone's birthday tomorrow... but it's on the other page.... so :hb: to you, enjoy your day luvey :hug:

OK, time for dinner.........

micheleherts 01-04-2008 07:30 PM

Hello everyone

Another healthy day for me, thats four whole days!!!

Things are a bit stressful here, my mother has become unwell, I think I may have said before but she has schzophrenia, she has suffered from this since I was a young girl. Anyway on the whole for the past 8 years she has been good mentally, but for some reason and I'm not sure why she has become very agitated she was particularly bad during the middle of the night. So today I telephone the Community Psychiatric Nurse who tells me that is no available psychriatrist to see my mother until Monday. So until then we have valium to try and calm her. She was less agitated this evening but god above only knows what kind of a night she will have. The mental health system in this country is just absolute bolloxs and I am not a happy bunny. Rant over.
Mind you I havent hit the Quality Street, so all is not lost.

I think it's Sarahgrace's birthday tomorrow but I will have to look back too.

Goodnight godbless
Michele

kn1ghtbabe 01-05-2008 06:50 AM

Happy Birthday Sarahgrace. :hat: :bday2: :bday2you: :hb: :celebrate: :gift: :balloons: :woo:
Hope you have a good day.

micheleherts 01-05-2008 08:30 AM

Happy birthday Sarahgrace hope it brings you all good things.

Love Michele x

veggie 01-05-2008 09:44 AM

Happy Birthday Sarahgrace. :bday2you:

I've managed to get myself an eye infection and constant headache to go with my cold. :rolleyes: My cheeks and eyes feel and look all puffed out. :o

Hope your Mam is ok Michele weekends are a drag when you can't get help.

sarahgrace 01-06-2008 02:48 PM

Thank-you every one. Just got back from York. I lived there for 5years and like to go back now and again. I ate lots of naughty things and had quite a lot of beer. I'll be starting to track my points seriuosly as of tomorrow :dizzy:

Fea 01-06-2008 02:52 PM

Happy belated birthday sarahgrace. Sounds like you had a great time :)

kn1ghtbabe 01-06-2008 04:26 PM

Sounds like the best way to spend a birthday. We are off to Dublin for a 2 night break in 2 weeks time so I'll be drinking a fair few pints of guiness. I wonder how many calories are in a pint of guiness?!?

peacock 2 01-07-2008 07:57 AM

Thanks for birthday wishes BritNJ.

Miche I hope your mum is ok.

Knightbabe - enjoy Dublin! I watched a repeat of 'Coast' and did not realise what a lovely beach they have there. Mind you the water is apparently always cold. The presenter paddled in the cold water and then said he was going off to cry!!!

Fea - good luck on the essay - I did not do that well on my first Tutor Marked assignment- I was so worried about the number of words I was allowed to use I did not do the thing justice.

I really have to get studying this week as my tutor will be phoning on Thursday and I have to start the next Tutor Marked Assignment then. Panic!

BritinNJ 01-07-2008 09:56 AM

Morning all :wave:

I've just had a lovely walk with Pen and Lew, it's almost tropical outside compared to last weeks weather, over 40 degrees!

Food has been good over the weekend, I feel as if I am back on track and I want to introduce more exercise to the day... the :tread: needs more use, I just need to brave the cooler basement of an evening to use it more as it doesn't really fit into my day schedule. Not that chilly should matter as I work up a sweat anyway..

Michelle, hope your Mum is doing better, :hug:

Peacock, did you enjoy your birthday? What did you get up to?

KB, enjoy Dublin, my friends went over last year and said it was fantastic :)

Ok, time to do some washing... I feel like a washer woman... it's never ending....

And.. where's Cat and CG? What are you two up to?

peacock 2 01-07-2008 10:05 AM

Hi BritNJ - Well my birthday was the first day back at work!!!!!! Many people were taking an extra week off so I was on my tod with no one to play with!!

Plus I don't normally do anything as friends are still doing Christmas family stuff or whatever.

Anyway a friend did treat me to a panto - Beauty and the Beast - normally not my most favourite but done panto style it was bearable! Quite a laugh in fact! Very kind of said friend as she was suffereing from the lurgie and had to go straight home afterwards so no celebration for me!!!!

Fancy my mum having me at such an inconvenient time!! At least if I was a Christmas Day baby I could pretend the day was all about me me me!!!

micheleherts 01-07-2008 05:34 PM

Hello everyone

My mum is much calmer, transpires she has been spitting her tablets out in the bin!!

I've lost 3lbs i'm thrilled. I'm going to weigh my self Thursday and see if I've managed to lose a bit more. I'm ten stone 2lbs now.

I'm just about to head up to bed i'm worn out. Peacock what is it you are studying? I've either forgotten or missed it somewhere.

Goodnight godbless
Michele

peacock 2 01-08-2008 05:09 AM

HI Miche - well it will be Introduction to the Humanities as of February but at the moment I am doing 'Making Sense of the Arts' which has 10 points counted towards it. This involved poetry , history (struggling with that now) and Art history.

Well done on the weight loss.

Is your mum at home or in care? I was wondering who can stop her spitting out her pills?

How's your Dad by the way?

BritinNJ 01-08-2008 09:35 AM

Morning ladies,

Michelle, glad to hear your Mum is feeling a bit calmer. :hug:

I just had a good workout on the :tread: am sweating quite profusely which is a good thing :) I plan on cleaning out my pit of a car in a mo, it's very mild out today so I will make the most of getting things sorted outside before the nasty cold weather returns.

CG, hope those nasty twisters didn't come anywhere near you though the night :hug: Looks horrible on the news.

Hannah's working today, she's a new employee at Curves... I shall go in later before she finishes her shift and work out and then we're off to return Harry Potter as she found the version she wanted after I'd already bought this one!

Have a good day all.... and come in here and tell me all about it :grouphug:

kn1ghtbabe 01-08-2008 12:17 PM

I lost 4lbs this week. I have started spring cleaning. My puppy daren't sit still in case he gets polished, moved, hoovered or put in the bin. Also spent more time in the post office today sending yet more parcels. I've applied for a job as a dispensing assistant at our local Tesco. Although I have just realised that they don't have a pharmacy, so I assume it is something that will be in store soon. Only other jobs available at moment are cleaning. Not even worth me getting out of bed to do that as they are no more than 14 hours a week! Oh well, I best go run the OH's bath and finish tea off.

sarahgrace 01-08-2008 01:37 PM

Well I had a busy day at work. I went to the gym first thing as well so i am:yawn:

its the second day of being back on plan. I fully expect to have put on weight when i go tomorrow thanks to the weekends activities, however hope to lose next:)

micheleherts 01-08-2008 02:09 PM

Hello everyone

Well done knightbabe on your weightloss. Chris how is Hannah these days I kind of got behind in everyone's news.

Peacock my mother lives at home with my father, she hasn't had a problem taking her mediction since she was last on the ward nearly nine years ago.
My father gives her the medication every day but from now on he will watch her take them instead of her going into the kitchen and spitting them in the bin. My dad seems ok but it's been very hard for him since my mother has been very unwell he had three very bad nights when she was convinced the house was on fire and other deluded thoughts, she is improving now though thank god. I'm not going round there this evening as I'm just worn out, couldn't even go out walking with Mandy and Ken as I just don't have the strength.

My eating is still going well, and I'm going to weigh myself again Thursday and hope I've lost another pound maybe.

Thats about it really I got very dull.

Take good care everyone

Michele

Fea 01-08-2008 03:49 PM

Hi everyone.

Michele I hope things continue to improve for you mum :hug:

I had a busy and rather unusually happy day at work. I bought a friend a gorgeous bracelet for her birthday which Im going to give her as uni tomorrow. I hope she likes it.
I went to mums after work but didnt stay too long. Home now and not ate about 8 hours :o not good. But I just have so much to do and Im still not finished. I have some curry left over from last night (home made) that I think Im going to heat up. Mmm-mmm-mmmmmm :D