UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #31  

Thanks. I'm on my 2nd lot of antibiotics these ones are 8 a day. I've gone from no tablets this year to 15 a day at the mo.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #32  
Gym'll fix it!!

Aaahhh poor Veg Get Well Soon

How is everyone doing I must say i'm not very motivated at the moment although I have been quite good with treadmilling every day its so hot I was doing housework at 8am because I knew I would'nt want to do owt once the sun was up I can't seem to be able to pick a plan or rather I can't seem to stop drinking cold beers in the sun in the evening thats whats doing me in i've got rum and vodka but I don't know there is nothing like chugging down a lager and lime (or two ) when its hot. Stomach is rumbling again its only 11.45and i've already had pancakes/syrup for brekky i'd better go and decide what i'm having for lunch before a binge ensues
Old 09-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #33  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I'm struggling exercise wise. Have joined an exercise challenge with a friend to try and get me back on track. Feeling a but pants at the mo. Feeling really sleepy during the day (poss due to new pills), but then can't sleep at night! Hope everyone is ok.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #34  

I've decided to just slowly get back on track by returning to healthy eating and a walk every day, and maybe every other day, a bit of gardening or something 'real' that achieves something rather than exercise for exercise's sake. I will FitDay as well as that way I do seem to stay in control, but since my running partner died Xmas (my staffie - and my other dog doesn't believe in walkign let alone running!) then my dad went in May (comfort eating ever since and couldn't face the garden as it reminded me of him, etc). I've totally lost my way.

I haven't weighed but would guess I'm a stone above where I was this time last year. I was a small 12, and am now a big 14 - so it's time to do something. Dad was so proud of me for losing the weight (and kept telling me so) but since he went into the last phase of his illness, I stopped caring what I ate and I live somewhere too remote to run alone.

I doubt I can be back to normal for xmas, not really too bothered to be honest - but think I'll just get back on track slowly (started 2 days ago) so by next year I'll feel fine again.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 AM   #35  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm not donig too bad at the moment, had a bit of a slow week last week due to slight knee pain. Then the weekend was a bit of a washout with a 3 day migraine and yesterday I was feeling for most of the day.

I still went training yesterday and got some healthy food into me in the afternoon so I wasn't too undernourished Today I've been to the dentist so I'm only just having my breakfast And I'm STARVING!

I'm feeling better after having a rubbish headache and feeling rotten, and I'm off to the gym at lunch. I'm meeting Mum and Dad for dinner in town on their way home from Nice then tomorrow is more weights and more training and possibly some sparring Friday is more training, Saturday is Ovafest in Warwick castle and Sunday is an 18mile run and possibly a BBQ
Old 09-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn1ghtbabe View Post
I'm struggling exercise wise. Have joined an exercise challenge with a friend to try and get me back on track. Feeling a but pants at the mo. Feeling really sleepy during the day (poss due to new pills), but then can't sleep at night! Hope everyone is ok.
Can't you take them at night?

Day 2 of 15 tablets a day I'm so sick of them already. Be worth it if this lot actually work. I'm waiting for a scan for pcos. I always presumed I had it anyway.

Last edited by veggie; 09-12-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #37  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Dear what a weary lot we are eh?

Poor PhatPhoenix i'm sorry about your Dad and your Doggie no wonder you've lost your motivation. It will take a while but you'll come through this why don't you write that out and stick it on the fridge or somewhere where your stash is (if you've got one) (DAD WAS SO PROUD OF ME FOR LOSING THE WEIGHT) maybe it will help you to get back on track. We are all here for you

Are you rattling then Veg? hope they work too

Wow Frus you're busy I'm glad you're feeling better

Well I watched The Biggest Loser last night I can't believe that one contestant (a 62 year old grandad) lost 31lbs in a week!!!! How the **** do they do that? starve them? One 225lb woman lost 20lb in a week too How can that be a healthy weightloss?? I've been watching Celebrity Fitclub and I thought the 5-7lbs a week that they told them to get off was excessive but this is ridiculous

Well its 1.30 and i've achieved nothing so far so i'd better head off and do some exercise

Last edited by cat90; 09-12-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Remember me!!!

Just been trying to catch up on all your news.

Things went a bit mad here. My father got ill again don't you know the craic now. My father leaves it until he is practically at deaths door and then says girl I tink I need to get to hospital. He had another big rectal bleed. Had four units of blood and thank god is now looking a whole lot better. He came home on Monday. In between dashing to the hospital and looking after my mother I have been exhausted. When my father was very poorly. I survived on fried egg sarnies then as he got better jesus didn't I get the urge to eat like a pig.
Anyway my father is doing well now we still don't know what is causing him to bleed his colon has been burnt by the radiotherapy he had at the beginning of this year but he had a bleed before that. He is one strong little old Paddy.

My Conor is 16 today we decorated the kitchen in banners and balloons for him and he wanted a Spiderman cake!!! I've had two slices alreadyand a big dinner and a slice of the pizza we ordered for the boys.

Oh thank god I am back here you are all so supportive and I'm quite sure not posting is one of the reasons my eating has become a bit slapdash again.

Goodnight godbless

Michele
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #39  

Michelle, just wanted to say I'm thinking of your family, I hope everything continues to improve and your Dad is having a pint by the weekend (or right now )

Enjoy the cake and pizza!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #40  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Phat Phoenix so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like you are in the right frame of mind and slowly losing the weight is the way to go. Just do what you can every little helps.

Michelle I hope your dad starts to improve that radiotherapy is hard on the body. He sounds like a strong Irishman.

Veggie hope the pills are helping.

Cat I missed the Biggest Loser last night. I'm hoping they repeat it on one of their other NBC channels. They do massive ammounts of exercise every day and that's why they lose so much. Mind you it doesn't seem healthy to lose so much weight in one week. I think the doctors monitor them very closely.

Well I just got back from the dentist broke a tooth at lunch time. I was eating fish and chips at the time . I hate going to the dentist.

I have to weigh in tomorrow and it has not been a good week . We'll see what the scales say in the morning.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 AM   #41  

Nice to be 'home' again!

Michele, you look after yourself right now, at this point in time! Don't do what I did and put it on hold... My dad was a tough old thing - 81, and diagnosed 7 years or more ago with a prognosis of 18 mths. Well he fooled them! Then when he hit the final stages, he wanted to die at home so he had palliative care at home and the district nurses told us that they usually last about a fortnight, at that stage. He managed 6 months! He only really lost consciousness in the last couple of days, but he had no pain at all, the whole way through and all his marbles. Sounds like you have one of these tough dads too - they're the best!

I've been aiming at the 10,000 steps a day the last 3 days. I have PCOS which means very slow weight loss - even going full out, doing an hour's aerobic exercise per day 7 days a week on top of my 10,000 steps and strict strict dieting, only lost half lb a week - most weeks, nothing (or not enough to register on the scales!) so I'm doing away with scales this time. I lost nearly 40lb and am guessing I've put 14-20 back on. I've only gone up one dress size but it doesn't look good! Lucky I threw away all my old clothes so I hae nothing above size 14 (although my bum is bigger than the rest of me!) - which means I have to diet or be naked! Glad I did that now!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

It's lovely to be back.

Phatphoenix I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You must be lost without him, and the pain of grief is sometimes so physical. Your in my thoughts, and that extra stone will go. Thank you for your kind words.

Well I'm up not showered just lazing around the house, I've stripped the beds
ate scrambled eggs on toast since i've run out of olive oil

Not sure if I ever told you all but my house is on a chalk mine this was only discovered a couple of years ago. Anyway after much big investigations the council got a massive grant and are filling the mines. It's a massive massive job but it means my house will be worth something again thank god. Anyway there are big huge wagons outside and cranes and god knows what annnnnnd
some really handsomme men working out there. If I only had enough cups I'd be over there with drinks and biscuits suppose I could give them childrens beakers but they might think I was a bit strange.

Like Phat I'm going to get into this gently. I know I've put a few pounds on but I can still get into my clothes but I can feel extra fat around my middle it always lays there.

Have a good day my friends

Michele
Old 09-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #43  

ww Miche - Sorry to hear about your Dad. I thought it would be something like that as you had gone quiet. Hopefully the 'claret' (blood) has done him good! Iti s understandable that you have been off the rails food wise. I am sure birthday cake and pizza are just the ticket when you are down. I know . I comfort eat too (but not for the same reasons as you). YOur Dad will soon be necking back the Guiness!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 AM   #44  

AHHHHH (swear words x 6).

Wouldn't you know it? I am waiting to hear about the result of a job interview - I have been waiting 2 days. I guess no news is good news but would you believe my usually rather silent mobile has had one boss ringing (he knows not to ring my mobile), 2 x a loan company tested me, my SIL insists I rang her!! Then today she texted a joke to me. I got her back though. I gave her the lovely job of telling me I am redundant.

Yes I know it sounds awful not telling her myself but it is the timing. I wanted to wait until I had left (and hopefully had another job on the horizon) then I would go down and tell her all hat had been happening. However I can just bet that if I leave on 5th and go down on 8th to my parents - my Aunt who rarely rings me at work will decide to ring, hear a message on my work phone to say I no longer work there and before I have gone through my parents door will have raced round causing sparks to fly on the pavements to tell the news (she loves spreading bad news- the only time she does something quick!)

I have two more interview to go to on Monday and then I suppose will have to try agency work but I am not happy about it cos last time - where they sent me could not understand how I can do ordinary secretarial work just because I work at a teaching hospital!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls

Michele, I'm glad that your Dad is on the mend that must have been damn scary hey, have you never heard of polystyrene cups get your butt out there hehe.

Clydegirl, hope the tooth is better where is Chris? boozing with her Ma? she'd better not be eating too many goodies from home

Peacock, I'll keep my fingers for you

Well, just off for a shower then off to the mall
Closed Thread