UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:55 AM   #76  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Take it easy Helen. Hope the faaaaamily sort themselves out!

I have also been comfort eating - yesterday I made a stupid pineapple and ginger upside down pudding, which was fairly dissapointing! I was expecting better. Perhaps I should've used more pineapple.

Then I am in two minds about training tonight. On the one hand I could go, do some punches, do some kicks, try not to get kicked in the shin again and potter about. Then I have the ladies to contend with who are griping about me teaching class last week because apparently I didn't warm them up enough... So 10 minutes of skipping isn't a warm up??? Perhaps if they actually SKIPPED rather than stood their looking at the rope then they'd be warm. It's a joke!

I've got some jeans on today that I bought from America 4 years ago. They are a bit tight, but they make my arse look good! I'm surprised at how tight they are, they were hanging off this time last year... Well maybe 18 months ago...

Right I am off to find some motivational reading to G me up for kickboxing. I was thinking this morning that I should just go and give it 110% and sod em all, sod the bruising and the pain and the scabby knuckles and just go for it. So that's what I am going to do, rather than letting insecurities and fears take over and make me stay at home, I'm going to take them training and whoop their ***!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #77  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hope kickboxing (and the knee) were OK.

I'm having a night in trying to prepare myself for the hellish weekend which is probably coming up. I'm looking forward to the running parts of it, because it means I'll get some time alone and some peace and quiet! (Unlike the part where my journey home from a race which is about a mile away will probably take me via Humberside airport and Blackpool...)
Old 09-22-2007, 04:24 AM   #78  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Today begins the construction of our conservatory so no enjoyment there. Not sure I'll have the time or the energy to use the exercise equipment. But will no doubt build up plenty of steps. Got a couple of lads coming round to help us at dinner time and then we all off out for a chinese tonight to thank them.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #79  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I finished 4th woman in my 5 mile race this morning. It was only a small race, but that's the highest I've ever finished. I'm just a bit gutted I didn't finish 3rd - I know I'm faster than the person who did (she's just joined my club), but because I wasn't really targetting the race I ran yesterday and got a bit drunk after work, so I had to run it with tired legs and a hangover, and finished just behind her. Still, there weren't any prizes anyway so it doesn't make a huge amount of distance. I'll survive. I was a bit slower than I wanted, but it was off road which I wasn't expecting, and it was still a PB so that's something.

Then I managed to take a 315 mile detour on the 1 mile journey home. I drove to Humberside Airport, picked my mother up. Took her to Blackpool, visited my grandmother in hospital, transferred her cases into my grandfather's car for her to go and stay with him for a few days and then drove home

Tomorrow I'm off to London, and hoping to get a long run in when I get there. I'll see how I feel though, if I'm too tired I might give myself a rest instead. then a conference on Monday, and back home on Monday evening. I won't even get a rest next weekend because it's the GNR!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #80  
aka Superwoman!

GNW for me....

I have ordered new shoes for it, hope I get them in time!

I've been totally spoiled so far this weekend - I went shopping and bought lots of stuff yesterday and I treated myself to an ostrich burger for lunch, then we went to a friend's for dinner and he cooked.

I managed to sprinkle my own nuts on to a yoghurt for breakfast but I'm being cooked for again this afternoon and a possible meal out or not depending on everyone's energy levels this evening
Old 09-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #81  
Gym'll fix it!!

What is GNR and GNW you gals have lost me Ostrich burger does it taste liike chicken i'm strictly a beef gal they have allsorts of stuff over here but I dare'nt eat cougar, bear or moose never was adventurous that way hehe. Well, sun is shining so i'd better get my laundry out
Old 09-24-2007, 03:48 AM   #82  
aka Superwoman!

GNR= Great North Run. GNW = Great North WALK which is what I will be doing with my dodgy knee.

Ostrich is red meat surprisingly, but it's luvverly! Which reminds me, I must put my burgers in the fridge... I cooked them for my lunch this morning and they're still in my givi box out on the landing.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Well I'm am back from Ireland had the most fantastic time, catching up with friends drinking eating and generally having the craic. I had been very stressed before I went as my fathers camera mularky didn't go as well as it could have.
More biopsies were taken and its possible his prostate cancer has spread we find out next month. He is however in good form and says he won't be thinking about whether or not its spread until he goes back to the hospital.

Helen I hope your grandmother is doing better and your feeling less stressed well done on your race.

I'm about to head to my bed I'm absolutely knackered, I'm going to try and sleep until the boys get home. I've bought them back all their favourite irish foods again so they will be thrilled including "Pat the baker pancakes" and soda bread.

Funnily enough I didn't go as mad on food as I did last month in Ireland. I just ate breakfast followed by copious amounts of vodka then came from for my dinner then went back out again for more vodka. I have such lush potential.
Mind you I'm back to reality today and tomorrow I shall be more picking up my son's dirty boxers shorts once more. Can't wait to see them though the boys that is not their boxer shorts.

Have a good day

Michele
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Sorry I forgot to thank you all for all your kind words about my father.

Thank you so much

Michele
Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #85  

I've been to the hospital for a scan for PCOS. I was so traumatised I bought a large cookie that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #86  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Veggie I hope your test turns out Ok

Glad you had a good time Michele fingers for your Dad

Drank too much beer yesterday just coming round felt a bit sick but was'nt I don't know which is worst at least if you puke you get it over with did the same thing last week and said "Never again" I wonder why I never mean it going for an interview tomorrow but don't know if I really want it hehe. Its for a housekeeping position i'll be starting at 5.30am if I get it now i'm not sure if I want to get up at that time I used to work in a store and started at 5am two days and that almost killed me i'm not a morning person having second thoughts now. Oh well, i'll see how it goes I can always say NO I suppose.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #87  

Hey all.

Veggie - hope you are ok.

Miche - as always your post made me laugh - If you are a lush , your son's boxer shorts will sober you up big time! Glad to hear your dad still has the fighting spirit, bless him.

YP1 - well done on coming 4th and good luck for the weekend. I will be there - in spirit!

2frus - all that bruising and pain - your neighbours probably think it is a domestic!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #88  

Angry Clothing sizes

I was reading in WW mag on the train this morning (went to an OU openings info meeting as decided to do something about my almost lack of qualifications!). Lots of people were saying how even though they have slimmed down they still find they can be a 14 in one shop a 16 in another and some shops they canot even fit a 20!!!

It must be really rotten if (like me) you are an 18, then say you slim down (er not like me) to a 14 or even 12 but have to still be careful where you shop to get a 'proper' size 12 or 14 instead of having to fit that particular shop size 16 or higher cos it is a skimpy fit
Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #89  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone

Well I'm back on the bandwagon again. Mum has gone home I miss her already. But now I can behave myself becasue I won't be going all over this island and eating like I have been.

Today I am busying myself cleaning, amazing when I have company that I don't bother... this house is a real sty...

I've got the sheets out on the line billowing in the CC breeze, so they'll dry in no time and I have some polishing to get done....the washing machine is banging.....BBL

Last edited by BritinNJ; 09-25-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #90  

Welcome back Chris!. Peacok i know what you mean, generally speaking I'm a 14 but i went into a posh shop in the Bullring and picked up a "14". It wouldn't have got near me and it was the biggest size they did!! Last time I went to Gap I was a 16, couldn't get the size 18 jeans over my calves never mind my thighs!!
Closed Thread