UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #1  
Too short for my weight

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5'2

Default Anyone else starting afresh today?

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here and my friend, Nikki, is also new (although she's out drinking tonight so not around at the mo). We decided earlier today that we're going back to a gym we used to go before it burnt down (a bit complicated) so we could at least climb one flight of stairs and talk (and breathe) at the same time.

I was supposed to pop in to the gym on my way back from Nikki's to get the details but I got in the car, put the music on and started eating some Minstrels I found in the glove box. So, as you can imagine, all thoughts of the gym slipped my mind...

But here goes.... my/our plan:

Part one is already in place sort of (joining the gym), but not actually done.

Part two was joining this forum for help and support (done)

Part three is planning meals and shopping for the next few days (half done)

Part four was weighing myself (done). I wasn't really concerned about this bit...I recently lost some weight after an op. I knew I'd put a bit back on but was confident I was still less than a few months ago. WRONG! I can't ever remember weighing this much I know its last thing at night and I'll have lost some in the morning (guess that's cheating isn't it??).

While reading the forum tonight I'm considering a part five. This would be to join SW to get an up to date book and info as both Nikki and I have lost weight with them before. I don't like the idea of going each week (especially now we've got your support). Will give Nikki a call tomorrow when she wakes up (probably not til midday... then have to wait til she's had a coffee or she's the grumpiest person in the world!) and she if she's up for it.

So, I just wondered if there's anyone else out there who has decided that today (or tomorrow) is the day to change things? If so, why not join us!

I'm sort of looking forward to this now... in a sadistic sort of way

All help and advice gratefully received,

Nikki's Friend x
Old 02-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #2  

I am starting again on Monday
Old 02-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Nikkis Friend............Is this a serious question? I just had the teeniest feeling that this is some kind of a joke. I hope I am wrong, tell Nikki, if she exists that going out drinking will not help her weight loss.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #4  

Welcome to the board Nikkis Friend.

I don't think there's anything wrong with going out drinking myself.

Last edited by veggie; 02-17-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Lotsa calories in booze.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:47 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Nikki's Friend and Nikki (when you get over your hangover).... to 3 Fat Chicks.

Sounds like an excellent plan to me.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello Nikki's friend and your friend Nikki.

Michele
Old 02-18-2007, 05:42 AM   #8  
Too short for my weight

Morning all!

No, not a joke....! We're officially starting today (and anyway, Nikki hasn't entirely agreed to giving up the odd night out... ) Also, she's not seen my first post - she'll be sooo pleased

I have to hang my head in shame and say I've already cheated - I weighed myself last night after a big meal and drinks and recorded that weight. Well, this morning I've weighed myself and have lost 3lb! I know I should put this as my true weight but....

Actually, something weird happened! I got up early for a wee, weighed myself and had only lost 1.5lb. I went back to bed (alone!), got up two hours later and had lost 3lb in total??? How did that happen? Do I have a magical bed? Perhaps I could start hiring it out....

Off shopping soon for healthier food. I'm going to try to remember the SW diet as that worked for me. Anyone got any tips for me while I'm out spending money (that I don't really have )? All I can remember is I can eat as much meat and veg as I want to with the odd tin of baked beans. I think I need to read up more about it

Thank you for all your replies - Karie, welcome to our club. Please be warned that if you're not a little mad already, you will be as you get to know us more

Nikki's Friend x
Old 02-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #9  

Thanks very much Nikkis friend this is Nikki here. Looks like yet again you have got me in to something I havnt totally agreed to ! Never mind I supose as usual I will go with it. Probably bump into you at Tesco down the fruit and veg aisle.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:59 AM   #10  

Default anyone starting today also

Hi, I am also starting today,I was given this site by a work colleague. I have a theory on my weight, if i was just as tall as my daughters, one is 5'11'' and the other 5'9'' i would be about right for my weight, at only 5'4'' well just under, i am overweight and trying hard to stretch!!. I have been a member of the gym,in mind only, for the last 3 years, and although i pay monthly for the privilege, they have only had the pleasure of my company some 8 or 10 times during that period. I have a better plan, i eat whilst reading how to not to eat or how to heap those green things on my plate. I am currently listening to a hynotising CD which I think is doing the trick by telling me to only eat when I am hungry, I think if we all did this, there would be no fat people. I eat because I am bored and because I actually like food, but only the kind which I eat!!

Can anyone empathise with my predicament and offer ways to stem the boredom and find alternative interests which would be as attractive as food?
Old 02-18-2007, 06:08 AM   #11  

Unhappy new today

being new to this site, and to chat rooms in general, i think that i may answered to only one person. i hope that i am repeating myself to all, i am overweight and if taller, like my daughters, i may just get away with it. i have tried all kinds of diets, and know what i should eat, but basically i like food, such as curries, and chocolate and dont eat cos i'm hungry but cos i like what i like, also cos i get bored. I have been a member of the gym for 3 years, paying monthly, but have only visited 8-10 times. Nickia, there is no liklehood that i will ever meet you in the fruit and veg aisle, although you could see me in the curry house, big M's or pizza hut.
Any ideas to deal with the boredom, at 53 i am too old for the nite clubs and have a limited memory when it comes to bagging a bloke for alternative exercise!!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #12  

Hi Nikkis Friend and also NikkiA too! Welcome to the board. I am new here, just joined last week. I have decided to join SW with a friend of mine on Tuesday, so does that count? We both did LighterLife together a couple of years ago and have both put almost (!) all the weight back on so we are going to do it a more sensible way this time.............also for the 6 months I did LL I craved fruit and on SW I can have it!

Together we can do it......
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #13  

This is great spending so much time reading everybodys interesting stories I have not had time to eat. Thanks everyone
Old 02-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #14  
Too short for my weight

Hi LesleyLesley!

Don't worry, forums are confusing but keep posting and you'll get the hang of it. Nikki's new to them too so maybe you two can laugh at each other when you post things wrong! Not sure I can offer any advice on what to do instead of eat... I work at my computer most of the day and seem to 'need' food every 15 minutes. I've put on nearly 11lb in the last month or so sitting here Are you competitive? Perhaps we could have a daily competition between us to see who can drink the most water and eat the fewest 'naughties'!? Each time either of us want to raid the cupboard we have to drink a glass of water first and wait, say, 2 minutes?

Well, I've been to Tesco and stocked up on meat and veg... (didn't bump into Nikki, she tells me she's up and about but I have my doubts...). Am sitting here eating an apple trying to forget about the chocolate fudge cake I've got in the freezer

Antari, hello and welcome to our little gang Hope you're willing to turn a little mad? I read through the LL thread. There are some amazing results but I really don't think I could go without food for so long (considering I find an hour a very long time to not eat I've no chance at all when you think about it). I like the SW diet and have done well on it before. Nikki lost loads and loads on it when she was younger. I wish I could find all the info - I know it's in the house somewhere! Good luck when you join - have you done SW before?

Oh dear, just realised I didn't call in to the gym to get the info about joining. That's the second time... it seems a bit premature to have problems going to the gym before you've even joined it doesn't it!

I want something to eat, so I'm off for a glass of water... oh joy

Come on! We can do it

Nikki's Friend x
Old 02-18-2007, 08:25 AM   #15  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

all... well done on your plans... drinking water when you feel the need to eat is a very good one Good luck with your endevours and we hope to see you in our monthly thread chat time.. we natter about all sorts there...come on over
Closed Thread