UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/169/140

Height: 5 ft 7

Default Hello there UK chicks.. :)

I just thought I'd introduce myself, as I have been a lurker of these boards for a while and have seen how beneficial it has been for some of you, and how supportive you all seem to be. I am a student, who in her 2 years at university has eaten too many chips from "Jason Donner-van" on the way home, and have off course been drinking my calories more than I have been eating them. Other than this I generally eat pretty healthy, but I am trying to change my lifestyle, especially as too many nights out makes you look and feel rubbish basically. I have gained approximately two stone, which sits uncomfortably on me, and I am determined to shift it!

So yes, hello everyone, and I am looking forward to being part of this community.
ClaraBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello Clara and welcome

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #3  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Clara

Student life - ah, I remember it well and I ate a lot of stuff I wouldn't touch now, like donner kebabs! I sound so old. If you're average student age then i really wish you well and lots of to achieve your goal now. I never believed that it got harder as you got older but boy am I finding out now.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/148/127

Cool

Hey!
i'm a student at the moment and am trying not to gain weight in my time at uni, because i'm training to be a physiotherapist, it would not be good if i was the most unfit person in the uni, lol.
i figured if i use weight watchers i can still go out and have a drink as long as i cut down during the day before and after to balence out points will probably not work out that way though, but i'm trying
hannahj295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Welcome Clara
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Welcome. I shudder when I think what I used to eat as a student, I remember always having my kebabs without salad because I didn't want vegetables getting in the way of the grease. Well, I had chillis in of course... Whereas now if there are sandwiches on a plate with a salad garnish I scoop up the salad and add it to the sandwich, how times change!

And let's not mention the alcohol. I used to think that 4 pints at lunchtime was a nice number before going back to afternoon lectures. I think I'd be sick if I attempted that now.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #7  

My student days were bad too (or very good depending on how you look at it!).

We used to go out drinking most nights, and would always end up with a take-away of some sort - usually an enormous burger and chips. Plus, we used to spend every lunchtime in the pub and my favourite lunch was a steaklet sandwich with yet more chips! With at least one glass of cider and black to wash it down with, I don't know how I ever drank that stuff! I put on a ton of weight at college!
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #8  
mummy of one

Hello ClaraBow and welcome to the site
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote