3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello there UK chicks.. :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/105419-hello-there-uk-chicks.html)

ClaraBow 02-23-2007 01:21 PM

Hello there UK chicks.. :)

I just thought I'd introduce myself, as I have been a lurker of these boards for a while and have seen how beneficial it has been for some of you, and how supportive you all seem to be. I am a student, who in her 2 years at university has eaten too many chips from "Jason Donner-van" on the way home, and have off course been drinking my calories more than I have been eating them. Other than this I generally eat pretty healthy, but I am trying to change my lifestyle, especially as too many nights out makes you look and feel rubbish basically. I have gained approximately two stone, which sits uncomfortably on me, and I am determined to shift it!

So yes, hello everyone, and I am looking forward to being part of this community. :hug:

micheleherts 02-23-2007 01:59 PM

Hello Clara and welcome

Michele

Doughnut 02-23-2007 02:17 PM

Hi Clara :wel3fc:

Student life - ah, I remember it well and I ate a lot of stuff I wouldn't touch now, like donner kebabs! I sound so old. If you're average student age then i really wish you well and lots of :dust: to achieve your goal now. I never believed that it got harder as you got older but boy am I finding out now.

hannahj295 02-23-2007 02:41 PM

Hey!
i'm a student at the moment and am trying not to gain weight in my time at uni, because i'm training to be a physiotherapist, it would not be good if i was the most unfit person in the uni, lol.
i figured if i use weight watchers i can still go out and have a drink as long as i cut down during the day before and after to balence out points :D will probably not work out that way though, but i'm trying

Clydegirl 02-23-2007 03:00 PM

Welcome Clara :wave:

YP1 02-23-2007 03:16 PM

Welcome. I shudder when I think what I used to eat as a student, I remember always having my kebabs without salad because I didn't want vegetables getting in the way of the grease. Well, I had chillis in of course... Whereas now if there are sandwiches on a plate with a salad garnish I scoop up the salad and add it to the sandwich, how times change!

And let's not mention the alcohol. I used to think that 4 pints at lunchtime was a nice number before going back to afternoon lectures. I think I'd be sick if I attempted that now.

bits 02-23-2007 03:52 PM

My student days were bad too (or very good depending on how you look at it!).

We used to go out drinking most nights, and would always end up with a take-away of some sort - usually an enormous burger and chips. Plus, we used to spend every lunchtime in the pub and my favourite lunch was a steaklet sandwich with yet more chips! With at least one glass of cider and black to wash it down with, I don't know how I ever drank that stuff! :D I put on a ton of weight at college!

scottie 02-24-2007 09:55 AM

Hello ClaraBow and welcome to the site :)