Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 10:08 PM   #1  
Working My Way Happy!

Default Book drive for kids

Hey everyone,

I was watching oprah today and they were talking about the different things that people do for others. I was thinking about doing a book drive to have people donate their kids books so we can give them to kids that need them.

I thought maybe I could get some of you interested and you could do it as a chapter. I don't know if it is a good idea but I know there is a need out there.

I was thinking of putting an add in the local papers here which would be free if you put it in the community bulletin board sections to advertise for people to donate their old story books for preschoolers.

I can then contact the area day care centers and preschools and find out if any of the kids need the books. We have a community outreach that our church is part of. They tend to the needs of the poor and get them what they need. Like clothes, food etc. I talked with someone on that board and they said they could put out the word and find families that could use the books in the community. They work with the schools and the community in general.

If anyone is interested can you let me know. It would be neat if we were doing this as a tops group and we could take care of kids all over the country from different states by having us start it up.

Sherri
Closed Thread