Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 08:34 AM   #1  
Opening a whole new world

Hi,
Sherri- you will be ok. If you haven't stopped exercising, the rest will come back too.
Eating more calories is hard, cuz you figure that's what got ya where you were at.
Hang in there girl. I won't let you stop either. Whatever it takes to get you back on track.

Amy- The same for you, whatever you have to do. We all know ourselves pretty good. So if not weighing in is going to help, then so be it.

Penny,
I know you can do this too. Like Sherri said, you have come a long way.
Keep it up.

Then rest of you ladies. good luck on weigh in this week.

Myself- I've only actually lost 6.75 pds(per the tops scale). My scale says I've lost 12 pds. But I measured myself about a week ago, I lost 3 inches. So, this is good. The summer clothes I just bought are getting baggie. Not a bad thing.
Going today to get some things done. Already exercised.
Tops hugs ladies
Old 05-23-2001, 09:15 AM   #2  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am determined to start fresh todayand not wait another day. I know we have the long weekend coming but that doesn't mean that I have to eat my way through it. I just got on my scales and it is way up. A lot higher then I thought it would be. That really set me in my tracks let me tell you. I am going back to my original plan and pts. That worked for me before. I am not going to keep adding the pts because that isn't working for me either. Maybe if I really try hard and keep up the exercise 3-4 days a week then eating like I was will help. I certainly don't want to be where I am now. I don't like that number on the scale. Maybe that is what it takes to get me straightened out. I hope so. I really do want to lose this weigh and I am going to take it one day and one step at a time. I am also going to start having 3 fruits a day also. I have been having 1 a day but I think it will be good to have more.

Well I am going to go for now. I didn't have a huge breakfast like I have been having. Back to my cereal and fruit and milk skim of course.LOL

Have a great day everyone.

Sherri
Old 05-23-2001, 10:07 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies! Well I have started on the wrong foot again. I have eaten a half of a cookie and some donut already. But I am determined to get back to what I know is right.

It is so hard to get back on track after you have been off for a couple days!

Well I am off back to work! Check in later Penny
Old 05-23-2001, 10:17 AM   #4  
Always find the good!

Good morning all!

I got up early and weighed out all of my foods today. I did that yesterday too and that worked well...

until i got home.

1. i didn't even go to my tops meeting

2. i foraged and ate myself to that uncomfortable point.

whY? ugh i hate the nights. today i can't stop thinking aobut it so hopefully those thoughts won't leave my mind by tonight.

Have a good day!

Amy
Old 05-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default UUUUG!!!

Well guys I am with ya!!
I weighed in this morning at 150!!!!!
I have been eating as I should and EVERYTHING!!!!
Even pushmowing the grass, and planting flowerbeds and all!!!! I have gotten more exercise in the past few days than I ever have, Even using the ab doer!!!
Hope it is either muscle or water weight cause It sure does make you feel lowsy, I know I cant let this stop me and it isnt a good time to stress eat either cause then I will be defeated so I will just stay on my program and it will come off eventually, I dont weigh in till tomorow night so I hope at least 2 pounds are gone cause my lee way is only to 148, Oh well I will just have to get on the ball RIGHT???
Well ladys thanks for listening to me blubber LOL You are all the greatest!!!
Hugs and prayers, Christie
184/150??/145
PS Penny, You have a beautiful family there girl

Last edited by Christian; 05-23-2001 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-23-2001, 12:40 PM   #6  
Always find the good!

Penny they are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 02:19 PM   #7  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Christian,

Don't get on that track that I did. I did like you and did everything right and I gained for 2 weeks in a row. Then I gave up. I haven't been on track since. I know you can do this. It is probably muscle weight. I am way up this week but it is my own fault. I have to strive to do better. I know you are doing great. Keep up the great work. With all the exercise you know your muscles hold water so try drinking more water to wash it out of you. I don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.
I am sticking to my pts system today no matter what. I am going to shoot for 27-29 pts a day and see what happens. I know it is too late for this week. I just have to accept the gain this week and move ahead. My jeans are so tight it is making me sick. I just want to get rid of this weight and not have to worry about it anymore. But I know that isn't possible.LOL

Don't give up christian. I know you can do this. You are more than what the scale says. As long as you know you did everything right stick with it. It will come off. You are doing it right.

Sherri
Old 05-23-2001, 06:09 PM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Thanks Sherri :)

I needed that advise BADLY!!!
I have went ahead and stuck to plan today and fought the urge to purge so to speak LOL, I know we will make it, With good friends like you and all the ladies here, we cant stray too far
Someone will notice we are missing and help rope us back in, and that is what true friends are all about, I am so thankful I found you all, It makes everyday go by alot easier knowing you are all here....
Well guys I am off to get the girls ready for church, Have a good night everyone!!!

Hugs and Prayers, Christie
184/150??/145
Old 05-23-2001, 06:58 PM   #9  
Mother Hen

Hello all--It does really stink when we feel we have been good and the scale goes up.I know if I have a gain this week I will be upset.It is so easy for all of us to give up from time to time.But we have to keep trying.Because it can be done.
Christie sent me a copy of her SRD sheet that tells how much was lost by her state.I added it to the losses for FL.It came to 65,708.25 pounds lost or 32.85 TONS lost.That is just in two states.So TOPS people are losing and we are TOPS.We can do this.It is not easy for any of us but We CAN NOT GIVE UP. I read recently in a magazine that most people that lost weight and kept it off did not do it the first time.That they gained and lossed many times before they found the way that worked for them.So just because we have not succeeded yet does not mean we won't.We just haven't found the right formula for us yet.
I am like Sherri and I bet everyone else.I am sick of being fat . And I have my bad days when I want to say "to **** with it,It is too hard!" But I know if I want to live to grow old with my hubby that I adore I have to lose the weight.Or it will kill me.
So none of us can really afford to quit trying.We never know when we will find the right formula for us.
So get back on that horse and try another route.
We can and will do this.
Thinking of you all and I am here for you if there is anything I can do.
Closed Thread