Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 08:32 AM   #1  
Mother Hen

Talking

Hopefully I can get this started before someone else does so we don't have two.Today is my day off and I have so much to do.But I am really going to try hard to turn things around for myself.I am going to really try again.I have had so much encouragement from friends I made on here.I now have a lady from SRD that I met the last day there e-mailing me.Plus heart doc was not happy with me yesterday.But he did say the new meds he put me on in Jan can affect my thyroid which in turn affects my weight.So now we have to watch ,my thyroid,my liver,my kidneys,my potassium etc.If I lose the weight I can lose some of meds.Time for me to get serious.My husband has agreed to get frozen low cal meals 3 times a week.We both picked out 3 a piece last night.He is always so willing to do anything that might help me.I thank God for this wonderful man everyday.My first husband was the devil himself and Bill is just the best.I am going to work on new contest.I also ordered some walking log books from TOPS.One I keep in truck for when we go to walk at beach..I am going to use the other here at house for exercise.I have the poem staring over that I plan to read everyday so I don't give up.Plus a few other encouraging poems.If I don't lose this weight it will kill me.No doubt about it.My heart can not keep working under such a load.So I will take one day at a time and really try hard.
It is so great to see the new names popping up.This is a very good place for encouragement,understanding and a place to vent without worring about what anyone will think.Never,never ever give up.We will all do this.It is just taking some of us a little longer
Old 05-04-2001, 08:45 AM   #2  
Mother Hen

I am going to try to put a picture here.I am one with red shirt and dark hair
Old 05-04-2001, 09:29 AM   #3  
Opening a whole new world

Default Fri.

Good morning all.

Eleni, hang in there. You will make it. And the things you are doing will help you. Just taker one day at a time is all we can do. Having that thoughtful husband does help. I'm 37 years old, he is younger. We bought me a bike. I have been on a bike that moves when you peddal it in about 20. I'm tired today. My first husband was also rotten. But better things are here and to come. Hang in there. YOu will be fine. Take baby steps.

All good on this front today. Yeeehaa.
Take care ladies and talk at ya later.
Wendy
Old 05-04-2001, 10:00 AM   #4  

Eleni-
Hang with it. You can do it. You have the right way of thinking. I was getting upset when my scale wouldn't move for about 2 weeks and I know I should have lost some, but it finally did and now I am at my third goal- lost 70 pounds. I know that this may sound weird but when I started my healthy eating habits I pray to God to help me. I never did that before and I also told my self that I wasn't going on a diet because when I say that I single myself out so I told myself I was going to change my eating habits and also told myself that I wasnt the only person on a diet that even skinny people are on a diet- what you eat is a diet. And more people are eating healthy these days. I guess its a mind game but it worked this time for me. Maybe that will help.

Have a great weekend. I will say a prayer for you.
Becky

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:05 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Eleni!!! I love your picture. You are a very very pretty lady. I am so glad you have decided to get back on the wagon. I have been so upset about you and thinking about what I can do to help you. But I am so glad you are back. If you need me I am here for you!!

Everyone take care! I will post later. Penny
Old 05-04-2001, 11:35 AM   #6  
Always find the good!

Hello fellow tops!

You've already conquered the biggest battle Eleni ...deciding to do it!!! Hang in there! It should get easier with the nice weather coming about and fresh fruits and veggies will be plentiful!

Have a good weekend everyone. this is my hardest time!!!!!! but not as hard as Maui is going to be!!

I leave in four days!!!!

So if monday is crazy...i'll catch you all when I get back!

Tops Hugs!

Amy T
Old 05-04-2001, 01:09 PM   #7  
Working My Way Happy!

Hey guys,

Eleni welcome back. You are doing great. I can't believe how much weight florida lost total. That is awesome to think about. Just think you helped with that number to. I love the picture you put on here. I am with penny you are very pretty. I pictured you a lot different.LOL But don't we all until we have a face to put with the name.

Penny,

You will do great this week. Keep up the hard work.

Wendy don't give up either. We are all here together. Have fun on the bike. It is nice to have a supportive husband isn't it?

I am hoping that by changing things around a little that I will have a loss next week myself. I can't take another gain next week after working my butt off so hard. But I am not going to give up.

Becky,

It is good to see you back. You are doing great. Congratulations for reaching your 70 lb goal. I wish I could say that. I give you a lot of credit because I know you don't have a group near you and you are here with us. Keep up the great work. You will be at your goal in no time.

Amy,

Have fun in maui. Wish I were going. Don't worry about anything while you are gone. Enjoy your time and you can get back on track when you get back. You deserve this for you.

Sherri
Old 05-04-2001, 01:32 PM   #8  
On the right path

Happy Friday to everyone,

Eleni, Isn't it nice to have such a supportive husband??? Mine is the same way. Wouldn't be married if he wasn't. I think losing weight is one of the hardest things on earth to do. Keep that beautiful chin up....I love the pic!!!! Nice to see that you are planning on doing more walking with puchasing the books. We truly are all in this together

Amy, have a great time in Hawaii!!!! I would love to go there one day. Ah, dreaming......

Becky, I also rely so much on God to get me through all aspects of my life. He gave me this body and I can either treat it with respect or ruin it by keeping on the extra weight. I still would like to lose more, but just losing those 62 pounds has taken such a load off by reducing the strain on my joints. I hate that 'diet' word and never use it anymore. I now refer to it as a 'way of eating' or 'way of wellness'. Congratulations on your loss!!!!!

Penny, also 'HURRAY' to you for losing last eve.

Wendy, good for you getting on a bike. It really will help, now it's just a matter of getting on it. You will succeed!!

Sherri, I can't imagine how disappointed you must have been when you showed a gain, because you have done sssooooooo good. I think it could very well be the increased weights you're using. Keep tweeking your program until your getting those positive results. Never give up and like I told Eleni, keep up your pretty chin also!

To everyone else I haven't addressed personally, you are in my thoughts and prayers also that we all may succeed in our desires and dreams. Never, ever, give up on yourselves. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!

TOPS HUGS,
Summer
Closed Thread