Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 06:41 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry

I've seen that there are a few TOPS meetings in my area...Donna, thank you for your reply.

Until my shift changes at work and my classes change, I won't be able to make any of the meetings.
I saw that they have a weigh in time and a meeting time 1 hr later. If I want to try it out, do I
go during the meeting time? How long do the meetings last?

I would love to be able check one out when I can. I was in WW last year, but it gets so expensive!
Can anyone join? I have a friend interested. She's doing WW and is close to goal. I'm over 50lbs to my goal.
I'd just like to have a support group to look forward to, but not have to spend a bunch of money to do so.

Thanks,

Girlie
Old 04-13-2001, 07:05 AM   #2  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Girlie,

I can help you out here. Yes anyone can join. If you are going for the first time then you would go when the meeting starts not during weigh in for your first meeting. The meetings are supposed to last 1 hour but for our chapter they don't always go that long. I it is different for every chapter.

I do the WW 123 plan but I am using the new pts from the new plan that just came out. But I have the supermarket book from the 123 plan that I refer to. I also get my info from dotties site. I have never been to a ww meeting but I have been doing the plan for over a year now. I am 20 lbs from goal now. You can join tops and still continue to do the ww plan if you choose to do so. Everyone does different plans in the group. Some just watch what they eat.

The group is great because you get your weekly weigh in which keeps you honest and you get the support you need to keep going. We all have our ups and downs with the plans that we are on. But it is important to stick together in the good times and the bad so that we keep going and never give up. That is what it is all about.

I hope I have helped you. I think you will like TOPS and like you said it is less expensive then ww. It is affordable.

Sherri
Old 04-16-2001, 08:42 PM   #3  

Default A POTENTIAL TOPS PERSON

WELCOME GIRLIE! TOPS IS A GREAT GROUP! I joined my local TOPS Chpater six yoears ago last monh. My weihgt was at an all time high, 245.5 pounds, when I joined. I was feeling very low because it was so high. I saw a poster for a TOPS OPEN HOUSE in my area so I decided to go to see if it was something for me. A friend of mine from work belonged to a TOPS Chapter in her community and really enjoys going. She was and is doing well with TOPS. Anyway, I joined my TOPS Chapter that night. I'm currently the chapter secretary.
Closed Thread