Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 10:53 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Angry

Hi Everyone, I don't know why the boards are so slow. I have been going to other groups to get more encouragement. I dont know where everyone is at but I hope the board gets busier. Just wanted to start a new thread going. Take care Penny
Old 04-03-2001, 09:40 AM   #2  

Good Morning,

I have had a hard time getting in here sometimes. This morning I had to make several tries to get on the message board. I wanted to get in before I had to start work. I am not even on a dial up modem.

I know I am a guilty one for not coming here and posting lots. Unfortunately......I just don't always have the time. Especially if I struggle to get in. I am trying to post as much as I can but sometimes it is hard.

We have more snow this morning so I got my workout shoveling. It took me about half an hour and then I walked the dogs. A lot of deep snow to walk through and I can feel it in my legs. A lot of schools are closed and police are telling people to stay home. I came in because my employer doesn't believe in people staying home because of the weather. I figure I will always try and if I can't make it then I will go home. It is worse because of the transit strike so there are more cars on the road.

Penny.....I get encouragement from elsewhere too. It was really busy here for awhile and now has tapered off quite a bit. Have you ever tried the NET Sisters? I posted with them when they started on 3FC and then they started their own board. I couldn't keep up with the posts and I just post there once in awhile. They are under one of the links here and you may want to check them out too. I don't want to lose you here but if you want a place where people post lots......they do.

Eleni....thanks for the encouragement. I hope tomorrow night goes well and I will let you know on Thursday.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Marie
Old 04-03-2001, 10:01 AM   #3  
Opening a whole new world

Default daily

I don't always post, cuz sometimes I feel like I'm babbling. Weighed in yesterday and turtled again.
I'm going to have to be more consistant on my exercise. Our Tops group started a new 3 months for the charms, maybe with all the things for insentives, I can really get going. I need to get my bracelet first.
Still learning everything, on the tops stuff, but I'm really liking it. We had the new officers sworn in last night too.
Our SRD is coming in may, and I plan on attending that also.
Thanks for listening take care and I'll be back.
Old 04-03-2001, 11:49 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Everyone! I did not mean to sound mean. Sorry if I did. Thanks Marie for the new site. I am going to go check it out now! I am doing great today! I am going to try counting calories today because I have no idea how many i am eating Take care Penny
Old 04-03-2001, 12:28 PM   #5  

Penny.....I don't think you sounded mean. I understand totally what you are saying.

Marie
Old 04-03-2001, 03:49 PM   #6  
On the right path

Ah, another day and the sun is out. That sure helps the ole psyche! Doing Ok today with the eating so far. Rode my bike while I read the newspaper. Sometimes I think I should tell myself that I can't read it unless I am peddeling my legs off! Tomorrow is installation and I'm doing the whole thing. I love organizing it! Have been doing a lot of paper work...getting the leaders bag ready to hand over.

wrbedell, I think incentives are great to help us on our weight loss journey. They gave me the kick start when I first joined TOPS and I actually made off like a bandit in our chapter. The area captain or coordinator in your area should be having a Workshop session soon. They go over TOPS rules, forms and ideas for chapters to use. Some say it is for the officers only, but everyone is encouraged to attend if they wish to learn all about TOPS. You might be interested in attending that. It's amazing what you can learn. Glad you're going to SRD and keep up that exercise. You'll be in that 'circle of lights' at an SRD one of these years!

Marie, Too bad you are getting so much snow. We will keep getting it here until mid May, but everytime it falls now, it melts so much quicker. I smile when I think of that. Luckily I haven't had trouble with the times I have gotten on the board.....getting the time to do it lately is another story.....

Penny, You have done so well with your weight loss. Remember the comment you made before your trip that others have noticed your slimmer body? Keep thinking of all those positive things you have heard from family, friends and TOPS buddies - on line and at meetings. I think the majority of us here on line do our best to give encouragement to our fellow TOPS friends. There are so many variables in everyones lives that dictate as to how much time we can spend on line. In my case, our phone line was down for a few days, been out of town, had a very sick child for 3 weeks, plus, I get very frustrated with my computer so that doesn't help. I think I am going to join you with counting calories for a while also. I feel like I'm unsure what I am taking in so I will start with the journaling also in my notebook. Going back to the basic of looking up each food. Go ahead and have those chips if you need to, just don't go overboard. You can do it!

Eleni, This is the big weekend for your walk. I know you will do just fine. Just pace yourself comfortably, take your water bottle with you and enjoy the great outdoors! You deserve to know that you have done so well and when you finish, you will hear my cheering and clapping for you!

Sheri, keep up the great work with all your determination. You have been very busy. Keep doing what is working for you and enjoy your job. I always wish you the best.....

To everyone else, remember that we are doing great! Always look forwards.... towards the way we envision ourselves.... and we will be there on day. Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!

TOPS HUGS!
Summer
Old 04-03-2001, 04:45 PM   #7  
Mother Hen

Penny--I did not take anything you said as mean.I know what a sweet and thoughtful person you are.I agree with Summer that sometimes our daily lives take over.We want to come here but there are not enough hours in the day.There is nothing wrong with going to other sites.Anything that helps is great
Marie-Years ago I lived in the mountains of NC and saw a lot of snow.I feel for all you snow people.I won't tell you how nice it is here: You will do great at the meeting
Wendy You will love SRD.We go the end of this month.It is so inspirational to see so many people who have lost and kept it off. A good way to learn more about your club is to read up on your by-laws.That is what I did the first year.
Summer -Thanks.I will make the walk but not as good as I wanted.We are going walking tonight but have not been in 4 days. I checked out the food place they have at work.I will have to stay away.I think I gained just walking thru looking.Great looking everything.
I will stick to my 2 fruits and sandwich and stay away from there.
Here are some tips that might help someone.I like the last one the best.It is very important to have a plan.Don't we all have plans when we do other things.
Gotta go.I am way behind.

MORE REASONS WHY FAD DIETS DON'T WORK

(1) Skipping Meals
The word diet has a very negative perception. Diet actually means what you habitually eat or drink. Most people think of diet as a way to lose weight by not eating. You do not lose weight by skipping meals and eating lettuce and tomatoes.
Think of your metabolism as a furnace, and food as logs that go into the furnace. What happens when the fire in the furnace burns low?You throw in more logs to keep the fire going! Food works the same.
Eating at regular intervals will keep the metabolism burning faster.
If you eat too little or skip meals, your body will react as if it's being starved and send your appetite out of control. A diet should be balance and include meats, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, pasta
and beans. Calories must be kept to a certain level to burn off excess fat, but those calories should be spread evenly throughthe day.
Never skip meals and Don't eat too few calories. Women should eat between 1200 - 1400 calories per day and men, 1600 - 1800 calories.

(2) Eating Too Many Calories

Some people eat healthy, exercise and still have trouble losing weight. Why? It's possible to eat too many calories even though you're eating healthy. If you don't plan your meals each day, you can easily consume
too many calories and not lose weight.
If you consume more calories than you burn, you will not lose weight.You need a good meal plan to lose weight. Losing weight can be a very complicated issue, and your body may reach a plateau after several months of shedding pounds. .
(3) Lack of Planning
Lack of planning is the biggest reason why people can't lose weight.
Don't be fooled, calories do matter. Without a proper diet plan and commitment, permanent weight loss is impossible. You must be committed
to staying on your diet plan despite setbacks that will surely come your way.
Old 04-03-2001, 06:59 PM   #8  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi all,

I am another one that hasn't been here much. I should get up earlier so that I can post in the mornings instead of waiting until night. But then sometimes the time runs short at night and I don't get here. I get started here and people instant message me and I talk with them because I haven't talked with them in a few days and then it is late and I don't get to the boards. I am going to make a contious effort to get here daily. I need it for me and I also need to give the encouragment to others here to help them along as well.

I am always thinking of everyone here and try my best to get here.

Penny you are doing great. You have so much willpower. I wish I were doing as well as you have. I am envious. But I know that I am responsible for me and I accept that. You did great not eating the pizza that is a hard one. I am going to pizza hut to eat on sunday and I am having my regular spaghetti and not pizza. I can do this and stay on plan. I have done it before.

Eleni,

You are doing great also. I am so proud of you for going through with your walk. It doesn't matter how fast you are when you finish. All that matters is what is in your heart when you do finish. Remember like summer said we will all be cheering you over the finish line. We are so proud of you. Just to join and finish the walk is a great accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. You have worked so hard getting ready for this. Don't forget your water and plenty of it and take your time. You will feel better once you cross that finish line.

Summer,

I am glad to hear that you are back on track today. It is about time you got back on your bike.LOL That was a great first step. That is what it takes to get you back down to your goal weight. You will be there this week I know it. Good luck with your installations and handing over the bag. Don't jump up and down too much when you hand off the leader stuff.LOL

Wendy,

I finally got my bracelet last month. Made it to my first 10 lbs lost. You don't have to get your bracelet before you can get charms. I have a lot of charms and didn't have the bracelet yet. I like the incentives also. I am putting together an open house for the 12th of this month. I hope it is a success. A turtle is great. At least it wasn't a gain and you can thank yourself and be proud of yourself for that. It was because of your hard work that you didn't have a gain. You can do this. Keep up the great work and you are never just babbling here. That is what we are here for.

Marie,

How is everything going with you? I am glad it was you who got the snow and not us.LOL I am so sick of the white stuff myself. I know I can't wait for the warm weather to get here. I have spring fever. Stay warm and don't forget your water and your exercise.

Penny I know that the weather has a lot to do with why people get off track. You are lucky and it is warm where you are. It is freezing here. I would like to walk outside everyday but it is so cold still. We all went for a walk last night and I was so cold when we got back. Hopefully the warm weather will help a lot of us out. Then we have to think of the shorts and all and we will make a better effort to stay on track.

Have a great night everyone and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Sherri
Old 04-03-2001, 08:12 PM   #9  
Mother Hen

Well I had to log in again to get here.I have not had to do that in a long time.
Thanks to my secret pal for the card and Sherri your's was perfect.
We did our walk.I could only do 4 which is equal to 1.6.I was in so much pain I thought I would never finish that last lap. I had to keep stopping and starting.My husband did less too.That is what happens when you miss 4 days.Came home and hit the advil. Then did some on ab-doer.Then HOT shower :
I got my new truck yesterday and had the side steps put on today.It is a sharp looking truck.I am happy with it.It is a shame the other was a lemon
have a good night all
Old 04-03-2001, 09:20 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi guys,
Just had to jump in while I had a free moment and see how everyone is doing, I had a good day today running around with my husband, we went out of town and shopped around at different stores and stuff, I enjoyed being alone with him so much, We never go without the kids anymore so it was kinda like a date if you know what I mean
Penny- You didnt sound mean at all about the board... I am at fault for not posting like I should too, I will try harder to get in here more myself, all you guys are just great in here.
Eleni- Thanks for the cards, I always love hearing from you
Sherri- Thanks for the funpages.. I am here for you anytime too, good or bad it sure is nice to know someone is rooting for ya, especially in the bad
Well guys I gotta spend some time with the girls they are wanting mom since I have been gone all day.....
Have a great night everyone!!!!
Old 04-03-2001, 10:46 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Everyone! I am back .... once again!! ......lol

Eleni ~ I can't wait to hear how the walk goes. You will do great. Keep your head high!!! I am glad you are still walking. 1.6 miles is pretty good going How is the ab doer? I saw it on tv but looked bulky.... Let me know if yo don't mind. What kind of truck did you get??

Christian ~ I know what you mean about never spending time with just your husband. You mean there is actually places you can go where you don't have 2 kids, 2 diaper bag, diapers, wipes, extra shoes and clothes, a bottle, formula, a sippy cup and snacks.......LOL Oh I can only dream........lol

Sherri ~ You talked about everyone else but you did not say how you were doing? Is the scale being good to you. Mine is bouncing back and forth because of the time of the month but I have been walking nonstop to help with it. Are you doing good on plan? I hope so. You will be at goal in no time! Slow and steady wins the race!

Marie ~ SNOW??? What's that...... I am sorry it is snowing so much. I could never live in the snow. This weekend is the Strawberry Festival. We live in the Strawberry Capitol so there will be a huge huge festival. I hope the weather stays pretty. We are going back down the river this weekend after the parade. I am going to fish and get some sun. And try to relax....

Wendy ~ It is actually harder to turtle than anything. You are doing great. And we miss you when you are not here. I don't have a bracelet. and only one charm. We have been doing pins instead of charms. Congrats!

Well take care Penny
Closed Thread