Old 04-08-2008, 07:29 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 30 something chat - Tuesday, April 8

I hope you don't mind me starting the thread. I was up early and finally had a chance to reply to everyone from yesterday.

I had a really good workout yesterday, I was on the bike for 35 min, the eliptical for 35 min, the treadmill for 13 min and then I did an aqua fit class. I was totally pooped but I felt mentally great.

Last night I was at an epicure party. For those who have never heard of them, they are taste testing parties for dips and sauces and such....I ate a little too much but had a fun time. It was nice to get out with my friends without the kids.

Not much planned for the day today, i am going to the Ymca this morning with my twins. They have a program on Tuesdays called fit kids. They play in the gym for half an hour and then in the pool for another half. It's free and it gives me an hour to work out and not have to pay $$ for child minding.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasci View Post
GOOD MORNING ALL!!

I am on here early because I am putting off my workout for a bit...my shoulders/back are killing me...on a good note, we are getting a new mattress today, so I have hopefully had my last morning waking up with pain!! Will probably do my ab workout after Frankie gets on the bus and I have loosened up a bit!

Pam
So, how did you sleep with your new mattress? I LOVED it when we finally switched ours, it made a world of difference in both how I slept and how I felt the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
morning all..just quick hi before work. Hope everyone is well.
Mornin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Magee View Post
Morning everyone!! I am quite happy today..I am down another 3 lbs

Total of 17 lbs since November 28th...YAY FOR ME!!

Have a great day everyone...gotta get some work done (I have a meeting at 9:00 that I have to prepare for)..is it wrong that I would rather chat here than work...LOL!
Is it wrong?? Heck no! lol I think any of us would rather chat on here then work!! Congratulations on your loss, you are doing fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
good morning everyone..just wanted to pop in and say hi!...busy weekend...i havent had a chance to read the weekend posts..hope everyone had a great one..it was nice and sunny here..but cold...weighed on sunday..down 2.6 pounds...i wish this journey were over and i was working on maintaining it..its been over a year..im getting alittle frustrated but doing my best to hang in there..its stayed off so far so that is a plus...

i better get ready for work...ive done nothing so far..im a little tired..but what if any of this is new...i am always tired in the morning and i am always running late...have a great one!
The fact that you are still going after a year is amazing. ou deserve a LOT of credit. Losing slowly is best anyway, and more realistic to maintain in the end. Congrats on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Holy cow, I just typed "mornin'" as I looked at the clock and saw that it's 12:22pm!! Where's the day going?!
Funny how the day gets away from us sometimes. Mornin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenK View Post
Hello everyone!! Well, this has been an eventful few days. We did the garage sale again yesterday AM for a few hours. Made $12. I think that's better than bupkis! I listed the kid stuff on Craigslist and I am having better luck there. Someone is actually coming to pick up some toys this afternoon.

The Tball game was so cute. Alex somehow got to bat twice (no one else did) and they had to keep reminding him to run. He played 3rd base in the outfield and he was so busy digging trenches in the dirt!

I went to the Dr. today for Aunt Flo. I get to take some progesterone and hopefully that will take care of things. If not, they are talking about an outpatient procedure. Yuck. I'm not looking forward to that. I hope the meds work.

!
Awww, that is cute I bet he had a lot of fun playing. How old is he? Sorry you are having flo issues, I hope the progesterone takes care of that. That is great that people are responding to your adds on craigslist, sorry to hear that the garage sale didn't go better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheywood4 View Post
Good afternoon all! Thought I would pop in right quick to say hello to everyone!

Well, I didn't work out this morning because I told myself that I did two work outs yesterday so I can afford a day off I did my hour work out yesterday morning then went to home depot and bought a bunch of flowers and such and re-did our flower beds. That was some seriously hard work!! it took 4.5 hours and i didn't get my oleander planted, figured dh could do that!
I did see the scale at 159.6 yesterday morning! I was so excited to see it fall in the 150's FINALLY, but I was back at 161.0 this am! sooo who knows!
HOpe everyone has a wonderful rest of day. I need to finish laundry and thought I would finish the twin's outfits I started a couple weeks ago!
Steph
WOW, the 150's!!! That is so exciting!! Dont worry about the numbers fluctuating from day to day...that happens. Just focus on the fact that you saw 159!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
Hi Everybody!

Well it has been absolutely beautiful here the last 3 days, I would say I've died and gone to heaven but my kids are still bugging me and I know God wouldn't do that to me. I've been walking my two dogs everyday since it stopped raining and its very difficult taking them both at once, Chip is strong as an ox and Layla (see avitar) is very, very fast and wants to pull the whole way. We didn't get her til she was almost a year old and have had very little luck training her. She had been abused and I think that has something to do with it, poor baby.

Someone asked me if I got my SUV back, I did it was some sensor that needed replaced. I spent 1200$ last month for the 100k tune-up, then had to shell out nearly 500$ for this. Not Good for my pockets.

Well I'm sticking to my plan for the most part, a few unauthorized nibbles here and there but I'm not discouraged. Gotta go, chat with you tomorrow.

Trish
Hasn't the weather been fantastic!! Im so excited that they warm weather is finally arriving. My fingers are crossed that it will continue! Sorry about the $$ for your vehicle, that sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lane View Post
Evening everyone!

The kiddos have the week off of school this week for their spring break. Not doing anything exciting just hanging out at home. Might see a movie or go to the zoo, not sure yet.

I could barely move yesterday am (the day after working on the kitchen and helping dh get the fridge in the house. I was aching all over, I felt like an old lady.

Hope all are having a nice night. I still have to go and and do the after dinner clean up.

Talk tomorrow ladies!
Alicia
Good luck with the kids at home for the week. When my girls were home I was sooooo looking forward to them going back. I hope you feel better!!

Last edited by momof4girls; 04-08-2008 at 07:29 AM.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

mom - you are always welcome to start the thread.

I didn't get a chance to post last night...i had a friend who was doing a stand up routine last night so i was at a comedy club until 11 or so. It was a nice night out with DH.

Hope everyone is well. I'm doing ok. Sort of getting frustrated with my staff. They've stopped the gossiping...but now they are just slackers. They are all upset about the new schedule that the office manager from the other clinic has made and are negative about all the changes. I pretty much am ready just to kick them out the door. I keep telling them...lets give it a try. Why are people so negative to change. I also keep telling them...the way we were doing wasn't working...so why not try something new. I think they are just po'd because it means they acutally have to work...what an amazing concept LOL

alright..hopefully work will go ok...we'll see. I work 6 days this week...so have to remain positive.

hope everyone has a good day
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Angie, Sounds like you had a great time last night!! I didn't even have to leave my house to eat too much! I had made a pot roast with the potatoes, carrots, gravy and homemade yeast rolls... YUM! I did get on the treadmill and do 2.5 miles after tho so I felt a little bit better! Have fun at the Y this morning! I should see if our Y offers anything like that!
GG, I am sorry you still have to deal with such problematic people at work. It makes you want to just tell them "if you are so happy, LEAVE, go somewhere else and we'll find someone who wants to be here to fill your space!!" I feel like there are some people that will always find something to complain about. I hope that you have a good day in spite of their negativity!
I am not sure what I am going to do today! I am excited that my dh went into the office today WOOHOO, I am home alone for a few hours til the twins come home from school!! I don't know what I will end up doing Will check back in after a while!
Oh, Pam, what did you think of your new mattress??
steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

DH took a couple days off, so he's taking the boys this AM. I have a little extra time home.

Well, unfortunately Frank was adopted. I called because DH sent me an e/m saying his profile was removed. They were pretty snotty and said he was adopted and that they had replied to everyone's e/m. I said I sent it the night before and hadn't gotten a reply. That's when she got snotty. Whatever, hope he's got a good home. As for us, we're going to start going to these adoption events they have at PetSmart and Petco. This way the boys can see all the animals and we can get an idea if they're ready for a dog. Robby is clueless and Peter is kind of indifferent. He was looking at pics w/us last night and we asked him, "do you think he's cute?" And he'd look at us and say, "well do you think he's cute?" Like he was checking to see what his response should be. I'm not sure he quite gets it yet.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #5  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok, so now that we are in our 30's....am I the only one who is constantly plucking hair off my face? I hate this unwanted facial hair. Tell me Im not the only one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
mom - you are always welcome to start the thread.

I didn't get a chance to post last night...i had a friend who was doing a stand up routine last night so i was at a comedy club until 11 or so. It was a nice night out with DH.

Hope everyone is well. I'm doing ok. Sort of getting frustrated with my staff. They've stopped the gossiping...but now they are just slackers. They are all upset about the new schedule that the office manager from the other clinic has made and are negative about all the changes. I pretty much am ready just to kick them out the door. I keep telling them...lets give it a try. Why are people so negative to change. I also keep telling them...the way we were doing wasn't working...so why not try something new. I think they are just po'd because it means they acutally have to work...what an amazing concept LOL

alright..hopefully work will go ok...we'll see. I work 6 days this week...so have to remain positive.

hope everyone has a good day
Good luck with the work thing, I hope they get their lazy butts in gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheywood4 View Post
Hey Angie, Sounds like you had a great time last night!! I didn't even have to leave my house to eat too much! I had made a pot roast with the potatoes, carrots, gravy and homemade yeast rolls... YUM! I did get on the treadmill and do 2.5 miles after tho so I felt a little bit better! Have fun at the Y this morning! I should see if our Y offers anything like that!
Our family spends a LOT of time at the why. All the kids have swimming lessons on wednesday nights, tuesdays the twins have fitkidz, wed. Emma has indoor soccer, and thursday the twins have jr soccer, and jr allsport and in the evening Emma has fitkidz. Plus, I go thru out the week for me and my workouts. I feel like it is my second home.

Pot Roast and taters and gravy...Mmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds soooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Mornin' All!

DH took a couple days off, so he's taking the boys this AM. I have a little extra time home.

Well, unfortunately Frank was adopted. I called because DH sent me an e/m saying his profile was removed. They were pretty snotty and said he was adopted and that they had replied to everyone's e/m. I said I sent it the night before and hadn't gotten a reply. That's when she got snotty. Whatever, hope he's got a good home. As for us, we're going to start going to these adoption events they have at PetSmart and Petco. This way the boys can see all the animals and we can get an idea if they're ready for a dog. Robby is clueless and Peter is kind of indifferent. He was looking at pics w/us last night and we asked him, "do you think he's cute?" And he'd look at us and say, "well do you think he's cute?" Like he was checking to see what his response should be. I'm not sure he quite gets it yet.

Have a great day all!
That is great the your hubby is home for a few days!! Enjoy them. Sorry that Frank was adopted, that is too bad.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Talking

Morning All!!!!

Today is shaping up to be a purty one again, although the forecast is calling for storms later, I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear him with his message of doom. I've been kinda lazy so far this morning, the tornado spent the night at his g-ma's and Lil Sis didn't have p-school this morning so she and I slept in. My older DD was not happy about that, she looks at me as more of a human alarm clock than a person. So we've only been up for a little over an hour, ooooowee it was nice to sleep in! I've got a lot to do though today, we have soooo much yard work to do it makes my head spin thinking about it, my womens small group decided to start a "Bible in 90 days" program so I need to get started on that today. I also plan to get in two separate workouts today aside from taking the spoiled pooches on a walk. DH may have to go with me to walk the hairy ones, he needs some exercise too.

Lauren, sorry about "Frank", but look at it this way maybe you're meant for another dog, you'll find the right one at the right time.

GG, I feel for you hon, I used to run a dock full of people who must have thought that their jobs were to see who could piss and moan the loudest everyday. You would think that helping someones pet to feel better would be rewarding enough that they would shut up and enjoy the bright side of the job.

Momof4, the Y is a great place to go, I really, really miss my membership. I found it so much easier to get my workouts in when I was paying for the membership. If you pay for it, you gotta use it, right?

Gonna get off here and go start my reading, I think I'll break it up into two sections today, if I get outside and the dreaded rain returns I can curl up with some coffee and finish it then. Hope everyone has a fantastic day wherever you are. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Mom ~ you are just zipping around here like an old pro;-). It's great having new people join us. Fantastic to read how involved you and your family is at the Y! You are setting one heck of a fine example for those girls of yours. Regarding facial hair ~ let us NOT even go there!!!! Scary stuff happening in that area... I'm just grateful that I can see it LOL. My aunts have all sorts of stuff sproutin' and can't see it to pluck it off....

GG ~ 6 more days... you can do it... It's a shame that you are pretty much living for your days off as of late. You are such an EXCELLENT vet. Don't lose sight of that.

Stephanie ~ hey, we're having that same dinner here tonight:-). I'm making a roast and veggies today. DH loves to work with dough and makes a big batch of yeast rolls once a month or so, partially bakes them and freezes them. All I have to do is pop them out of the freezer and bake them. He is one in a million:-).

Lauren ~ LOL at Peter's response. My kids were pretty much indifferent to our getting a dog. Mike and I were far more excited than they were. Good thing too since all of the chores fell upon me... I love dogs but I won't be getting one in this house until the kids are teenagers. I've gotten too practical and pets are costly. We just have a cat now and they're a piece of cake compared to a dog. Not as fun though:-(.

It's been an excellent couple of days here. Busy weekend and then yesterday was Liam's actual birthday. Lots of fun and lots of food.... I didn't do too bad with the "real" food but DH made homemade ice cream and that stuff is deadly! Thankfully, it's all gone now and today is a brand new start. I've done great with my exercise so hopefully that will help. One of our presents to Liam was a badminton/volleyball set. Mike set it up yesterday and the two of us played for over an hour. It has been years since I've played badminton but we were having fun and I can see this becoming a summertime past-time for us instead of the kids. It was really cute though as all three kids sat on the sidelines cheering us on. My arms and shoulders are so sore today. Happy Tuesday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #8  

Hiya Trish ~ we were posting at the same time. Enjoy the quiet. Sounds like we're having the same kind of weather as you are. Rain all last week, but the last three days have been absolutely gorgeous. More rain expected today:-(...
Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone. I'm the opposite of Lauren today, I thought for sure it was almost noon. I just looked at the clock and it's not even 10:30 yet .
I haven't gotten much done today, I've been lazy!

I got rid of two things from the Craigslist last night! I already have better luck than the garage sale! LOL. Lots of people have asked about the two remaining things, but they don't answer when I email them back! Oh well, anyone want a train table cheap ?

I have to make a run to the bank so I think we are going to get going. Maybe I will take the kids to the park!

Have a great day ladies!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen, why are you getting rid of the train table?! They don't play with it? Peter doesn't really "do" Thomas trains anymore, but Robby is completely obsessed with them. We have a table they don't use either! The trains are stored on it, and they build tracks on the floor.

have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies,

Steph the roast sounds yummy, unfortunately for me, I'm the only one here who will eat it.

Trish, any word on you bike? We have alot of yard work too!

Momof4, sounds like you have a great Y there. I should check out the one here, just don't want to be obligated to paying for something else every month right now. BTW, no facial hair yet.

Lauren, how is the job going?

Joan, happy birthday to Liam. The badmitton sounds like fun. Makes you feel like a kid again... I wanted to get some outdoor activity for the kids but the way our land slants not sure if it would work out.

The gloom is still hanging around here. No rain, but thick clouds. It really affects my mood.

I think I'm going to go walk on the track early today since schools out it should be okay. Gott make some phone calls first.

Hope all are having a wonderful day! Talk later
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6

HI LADIES!!

Finally got a little sun here today...temp is going up a bit too!! YAY!!
Well, the mattress kicks butt...I woke up for the first time in months not really in pain. My shoulder & neck still hurt, but it seems that activity is aggravating them today, they weren't bothering me from the minute I woke up as usual!! YAY AGAIN!!

Mom, WTG on your workout yesterday...it sounds like it was a great one!! that party sounds like Tastefully Simple...I love their stuff!! oh, and I have about 4 hairs that occassionally need to be plucked from my chin...I would only tell you guys that. Thank God for magnifying mirrors!!

Patricia, man, I hope things smooth out for you. Maybe you should get rid of them?? Or at least threaten it...then maybe they'll get their acts together, KWIM?

Steph, your pot roast sounds delish...like Alicia, though, no one around here would eat it. There are so many things I enjoy that I don't make cause I'm the only one who likes them.

Trish, that bible program sounds really interesting. I have no idea how I would get through it in 90 days...let me know what you think of it!! BTW...do you go to a Calvary Chapel?

Joan, glad Liam had a great time!! I picked up a badminton/volleyball set on clearance last year...the kids loved the badminton, and Frankie recently played volleyball at school & loved it, so he's gald we have that too. I'm thinking of getting Frankie a "swingball" for his b-day next month. Ever see them? They're like tetherball, but with paddles...looks like fun.

Karen...good for you selling the stuff!! I really need to get on Craigslist, I've only glanced at it once...hear it's great fun. Good luck getting rid of the rest!

Lauren..sorry about the pup I think it's a great idea to check out petsmart...you'll definitely find the right dog that way!!

alicia...I'm so jealous you have a track. I would love to be able ot run on a track. Hope your soreness goes away!! we ahd the thick clouds here yesterday...it does start to wear on you, you know?? Hope the sun comes your way soon!!

Okay, girls, gotta go do some stuff. I want to practice my bellydancing as I have class tonight and have not practiced all week!!! shame on me!!

Later!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone

Lauren sorry about the dog I am sure you will find the perfect one!

GG that is so bad about your emplyees, they should be thrilled the have a job, there is so much unemplyeement and people desperet to make ends meet, I can't believe they would not want to make the best out the day specially when the spend such a big part of it together, sorry! I have not read the posts in the last few days, what is happening in 6 days??? just curious

Karen I never done anything on Craigslist, good luck to you! I love ebay!

Pam what kind of matters did you get, I need a good one too! I am very happy for you to have a nice sleep!!!

Alicia enjoy your day, how is it going w/the job search?

Joan happy birthday to Liam! your icecream sounds yummo!!!

Trish enjoy the day, it is nice to get the day started all rested! Are you teaching the Bible study?

Mom I am glad you had a nice time out, I have heard of those dips but never gone to one of the parties. Glad you enjoyed it!

It has been crazy around here, I have not been able to do anything, I have been in a lot of pain. I can hardly sit in by the computer, I can't find anything that is really confortable to sit on or lay on. I am getting really frustrated and worried at the same time. I am going to talk to my doctor and I may concider the new medication for fibromyalgia, it is called Lyrica they are advertising it a lot on tv. but one of the big side effects is weight gain and I am not sure I want to do that, cause I know if I gain weight not only I will not be too happy about it but also my back will hurt, so I really need to go to the doctor.
The dudes are all doing great! they are finally all getting along and the newest adition Bailey is afraid of going up the stairs today is the first time he comes upstair all by himself!!!
Sean has been VERY stable! I am so happy!!!!
Well I got to get in the shower, I will talk to you guys later

H
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #14  

Hanna ~ I'm so sorry that your fibromyalgia is acting up. Seeing weight gain on any medication would scare me too! It is wonderful though to hear that Sean is stable these days. What a relief for the whole family.

Pam ~ We bought a Sealy Posturepedic pillowtop when we moved here last summer. Our old mattress looked like a pancake compared to the new one LOL. We went from a double to a King ~ so cool:-). The only thing that I don't like about that is buying sheets! Why does everything have to be so expensive?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Joan, I hear ya!! We actually have a queen sleigh bed that we bought a few years ago, so we stuck with a queen. Sometimes you can get a good sale on sheets...usually black friday is when I get mine, I find some really great prices. Our old mattress was embarrassing to look at, and it was so worn out, they could have folded it in half to take it down the stairs!!

Hanna, hey girl!! First, so glad to hear that Sean and the "dudes" are well. I guess his new med. is working, huh? As for you, I'm sorry to hear about the pain. I would be scared of weight gain as a side effect, too. Is there a way you could try it without it messing you up too badly? I don't know anything about going on/coming off meds, so I would have no clue. Hoe you find a solution though.

Well, my class was cancelled tonight, so I think I'm gonna go with the family to Frankie's baseball practice, I haven't seen him play this year yet. The season starts on Sat., so I'm glad for the chance to check him out before then. Also, Cadence has made friends with one of the boys' sisters, so I get to meet her too. should be a nice night.

Gotta go start homework before dinner.

Later all!!

pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote