Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #1  

Default Thursday

Hi Everyone
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Went to TOPS Tues eve. Had a gain. Gained 2 1/4 lbs. Didnt get to stay for the meeting. Someone was coming to look at the camper. They said they would be here at 6:30. They didnt come until after 7:00. So hubby could have went. But he stayed home in case they came early. Didnt have to worry about that. But the couple did buy the camper. We had to pop it up and show them how it worked. They are either coming back tonight or Sat to get it. I will miss it.
Yesterday our TOPS group sponsered a blood drive. It was from 1:00 to 7:00 pm. But we didnt get home until after 9:00. Was kinda tried. We had 46 donors. So that wasnt bad. They school where had the blood drive will get $250. Son is mad at us. I didnt think I would have to stay for the whole thing. Thought we would get to come home early. But didnt have enough help. He said you could have call. Told him the office was locked I couldnt get in to use the phone. Said there was a pay phone. Told him I didnt have any change. Had cleaned it out. He said well you could have called 1-800-collect. So he said to make up for it I could take him out to eat. So I guess we are going out for dinner tonight.

FLGAL How are you doing. Did you have a loss this week. I am sure you did.

SHERRI That is great you are going to get contacts. And the haircut. I am trying to let my hair grow. I want to donate it to Locks of Love. But slow going. Was good to see you posting. Have missed you.

SUMMER Hope the knee gets to feeling better.

To everyone else I am thinking of you. Hope you all have a loss this week. Welcome to all the newbies.

As for my Uncle not real sure what is going on. They are running some test. He had to go for a CAT scan of his head today. Then goes Monday or Tues for a cat scan of his stomach. So I guess once they get these results we will know for sure what is going on. But if what they said Tues is true It isnt very good. So we will just wait and pray. Well ladies I better get off here. Went and wrote a book. Sorry. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
A TOPS PAL
Old 05-15-2003, 02:07 PM   #2  

Hi, I am starting TOPS this evening. I am concerned that there is not that much success with this program, as you guys don't have very many posts. Am I worried for nothing?

I have 100 plus to lose. I need encouragement. What type of eating plans are you on?
Old 05-15-2003, 03:06 PM   #3  
senior chick

Hi Renee....Yes, TOPS does have a lot of success. Our state queen for 2001 lost 159.75 lbs. to goal. And every year we have Queens and Kings who have big losses like that. Congratulations on making the decision to join. I enjoy being a part of TOPS.
The diet you try is up to you. TOPS does recommend the exchange diet, and some of us use the WW point system, but I have been counting calories and not going over my 1460 per day. Most days, I eat around 1200 to 1300 calories. I would encourage you to get active in the TOPS chapter that you join. It helps to have an interest in what is going on. And come and post with us often. I think it would be nice to have more people posting.

Coco...Sorry that you had a gain, but I'm glad that you came and posted. You will do better next week. My weigh-in is tomorrow. My scale shows a loss, but it has been wrong before.
BTW, what is "Locks of Love"?

Good luck to those that weigh-in tonight.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Nita
Old 05-15-2003, 04:41 PM   #4  
Working My Way Happy!

Renee,

Tops is a great program and like all plans you get out of it what you put into it. As you know life throws us curve balls and we are not always strong enough to stick with our plans during those times. There are a lot of success stories from tops and those that succeed are those that don't let anything stand in their way. I am one that go up and down myself. But I really think it is important to find an active group and get involved as much as possible. Even though you are new it doesn't matter. It is nice to have the views of new people and new motivation. Tops is what you make of it and if you put 110% into your program no matter what it is then you will be the next success story.

I have had the best results from keeping points on the WW 123 plan. Although I have not done it in awhile and it shows I have been going through a lot of personal issues at home trying to deal with them. So the weight is kinda on the back burner but I do want to succeed and I will in time.
Others are counting calories, doing sugar busters, the low carb plans and just cutting back on junk and exercising. Your plan is up to you which is why the TOPS program is great you can do what you want and you will have the support.

Post here often so we can get to know you and I hope to get to know you better. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to join us anytime.

Coco,

I hope you have a good time at dinner. Just remember to order sensibly. You are doing great getting back on track. That is great that you had so many sponsers for the blood drive. Don't you love it when the kids are mad at us. It is like life and death isn't it?LOL

Nita,

Good luck in weigh in tomorrow. Locks of love is where people donate their hair so that wigs can be made for cancer patients. My neice cut her hair off and gave it to them. It is a great idea and people do need it. But my hair isn't that long.

I am on my way to get megan. She is at gymnastics I am at work just playing passing the time here. Then we have to get her to her practice and game of Tee ball tonight at 5:30 and it is almost 5 now and I have a 1/2 hour drive home. So we will be late. She sure is a busy little girl for 4 but she didn't want to miss gymnastics so she wanted to go to both. I was only going to have her go to the game. Oh well. The games are a lot of fun.

Talk to you all later.

Sherri
Old 05-15-2003, 08:24 PM   #5  
Mother Hen

I had a 4# loss. I have really worked hard this week. It feels good to have a loss for 2 weeks.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:12 PM   #6  
Opening a whole new world

Default Oh what a good day

Not much happening here. I had my upper gi today, and found acid reflux. No tumors or anything this is good. Didn't say about the ulcer. Find out about that next Thursday.
Renee- Losing weight is a personnal issue. Modivation and help from others sure does help encourage us. But it's up to us. We are here for encouragement. Our Queen this years lost over 100 pounds. It took her a long time, because she kept making excuses. She finally realized that if it's going to be done it's up to her. I know how she feels. We keep taking it one day at a time. A few of us are close to goal, some of us are longer away than we wish, and others are inbetween. The main thing is we are all here for support, and so is your Tops Chapter. Take advantage of everything they offer.
Coco-sorry to hear about your gain. You can get it off girl, you know it.
Eleni- awesome 2 weeks in a row. It's working for you gir.
Well gotta go
Old 05-15-2003, 10:02 PM   #7  
senior chick

WOOHOO, Eleni..Way to go, girl.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:40 AM   #8  

Default It's just me!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I have been out of town most of the week, just got in this PM.

I went to TOPS tonight and turtled. I have been trying so hard. But I feel like a have a lot of water retention...so maybe next week it will show.

Yea! Eleni, way to go girl! I am so PROUD of you! You are on the way!!! Congratulations!

Hope you are all doing good. Remember to take one day at a time and that we are all in this journey together. And that we each have support from all the others! (You certainly have mine...even though I am not on much this time of year.) I think about you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

to everyone.

Need to get to bed...will check in tomorrow.

Love to all, Wanda
Closed Thread