Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 07:54 AM   #1  
Working My Way Happy!

Default Humpday Wednesday

Hi ladies how are we all doing today?

I will be very busy today. I am going to curves after I drop megan off for school. I can hardly talk. I have what megan had last week. I have to be at school this afternoon. I have decided that along with working on the letter C today we will start writing their names today. There are only a few kids that can write their name. I printed each childs name on a sheet of paper off the computer. They are big letters and in the type they can copy. So this way the ones that don't know how to write their name or recognize it can just copy the letters off the top of the page. I figured I will start doing this each week along with the next letter of the alphabet until they can all write their names. Once they can all write their first and last name without have to copy it then I will switch names. I will let one child practice writing someone else's name. Then they can practice other letters. I hope this goes over well. We have one little boy in the afternoon that refuses to do anything in the group setting. I have no idea how he will do next year when he will be made to do it in kindergarten. But that isn't bad one out of 9 kids. They love working with me and doing the different pages. Then before I let them go we count as a group to 20. When they can't go any farther then they repeat after me. That way they are learning to count as well.
So at least I won't be home to eat today. My scale is up this morning 1 lb but I am sure it is from the cheese I ate last night. I made homemade mac and cheese last night for dinner with ham steak and corn on cob. The cheese has a lot of salt in it and I retain water from it all the time. That is why I try to stay away from it. So I have different goals today.

1. Go to curves this morning
2. Drink at least 96 oz of water (summer you with me girl?)
3. Stay focused and on plan today

I have made it 2 days counting points and writing down everything so I am on a roll. It has not been easy though. I was way off base before this. Now I am writing down everything.

Have a great day everyone.

Summer good luck on weigh in today. Let us all know how you did.

Sherri
Old 10-02-2002, 08:57 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Sounds like an awsome plan Sherri
Keep up the great work!
Old 10-02-2002, 10:55 AM   #3  

Default Hump Day

Hi Ladies
Not much happening here. Kinda cloudy. Not suppose to rain until Fri. But the way it looks could rain. Kinda muggy also. Went to TOPS last night. I lost 3/4 lb. Was surprised. Didnt figure I would have a loss. But even though it was a little one. I will take it. Hope everyone is having good weigh ins.

Sherri We must have been thinking alike last night. I also had mac and cheese. And the scale is up today. Will have to drink extra water and a extra cup of tea today. Hope your cold gets better. So far we havent got it. But I am waiting. Hubby gets colds easy. Keep up the good work. You are doing great.

To everyone else I am thinking of you. Hoping that everyone is having good OP days. And drinking their water. We can do this together. You ladies all give great advice. I forget who posted on yesterdays thread about the list. That sounds like a really good idea. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:20 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

Penny, How far are you from where hurricane is headed. Stay safe.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:08 PM   #5  
Working My Way Happy!

Coco,

Way to go girl. I am so proud of you. You pulled off a loss.
The cheese sure does play havoc with the scale doesn't it? But it tasted great. I haven't had that in a long time. How was yours?LOL
You are on the right track.

Hey I did great today. I am hoping to have some kind of loss tomorrow. My daughter just bought me a dounut from dunkin dounuts and I thanked her and praised her for thinking of me but explained that I couldn't eat it. So she is taking it out to daddy to eat. They bought it for me. I felt bad because she was so excited but I couldn't eat it.LOL
I met all my goals today. I worked out at curves, I drank 96 oz of water and I am working on the other 32 oz making it a total of 128 oz of water for me today. Help I am floating away.
Also I am very low on points today. I didn't even make the min pts today. Which is okay for one day. I had enough over the weekend to make up for it. So I am hoping that with all the water coming out the scale will be down tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies.
I will set my goals for tomorrow in the morning. I really like doing the daily goals it is working for me. It makes me think of today and not the future. It is hard enough to get through one day at times we don't need the added stress about the future as well or tomorrow for that fact.
I made a break through with one of the kids at school today. He is the only one that when we work in a group won't participate. Well today I worked one on one with him and had him write his name. He doesn't know the letters nor did he recognize his name but when I helped him write the letters he actually sat there and tried and did make some of the letters. I praised him up and down. When we were done (he was the last one the others were down to the pond swimming) he wanted to do it some more instead of going out to play. I was amazed and immediately got up and got a new sheet of paper for us to work with. He loved it and really wanted to learn to write. I was so proud of him it was a great feeling. I love teaching these kids it is great. He ended up giving me 2 flowers. The one was a dandolion the kind with the fuzzy tops that blow off in the wind. He gave it to me and told me to make a wish then he picked me a dandalion. Today was a special day. I informed the teacher that if he is going to learn anything we should do one on one with him. At least it works and that is all that matters. He doesn't concentrate when the others are around. So I will start to work with him seperately when I am done with me two groups of kids.

Summer,

How did you do at weigh in today?

Eleni,

How are you doing and your daughter? Did you get your practice in this week like you wanted to?

Have a great night everyone.

Christie tomorrow is weigh in you ready for the scale to go south girl?LOL Keep up the great work you and marissa.
She is still in my prayers.

Sherri
Closed Thread