Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 02:39 AM   #1  
On the right path

Smile Thursday 10-11

Good morning ladies,

It's been a month today that our country got rocked and my heart continues to be saddened by the 'animals' that can't live in peace. We all need to count our blessings that we have been born into the freedom of democratic countries. A belated 'Happy Thanksgiving' to my Canadian relatives and fellow board members. Hope your Monday was peaceful and full of thanks for the good lives we live.

Yes, I have only been able to post only once a week lately. I was gone 2 days for a rally and then my back went out for 3 days and there was no way I could sit in the computer chair....and don't even think of bending over.

Went to the chiropractor yesterday and I couldn't believe what a relief I felt in a few hours. Hard to believe that I had the same back that I woke up with. Back problems scare the life out of me....had back surgury 17 yrs ago and I don't want to go that route again. Taking care of my 90 pound kiddo does put a tremendous stress on it. Hate using the lift, but I had to do it and even that pulled into my back and made me shed a tear or two.

The rally was nice. About 70 members. One lady has not had a gain all year so far and has lost about 60 lbs. I asked her what she is doing and she said really nothing different from the past....except.....doing a little more physical activity and drinking ALOT of water everyday. She thinks the water is the big factor. I believe she is trying to be a century winner [losing 100lbs]. I think she will succeed....and I look forward to seeing her at IRD next year. I have another rally in 3 weeks and that will be more mine. We will be doing the 'Round-Up' theme and the host chapter got permission to combine the rally with an Open House. I'm hoping we get about 50 people. The chapters in this area are small.

Hope the snow stays away that weekend. Wednesday at 7:30am, when my hubby went to work, it was 6 degrees....yes, you read that correctly ..... and at 12:15am Thursday, it is 8!!!!! Our high Wed was 30 and I thought of you Eleni when my fingers were freezing while I was hanging out the laundry. Wish I were in that warm swimming pool with you.

My eating hasn't been too bad, but there is always room for improvement. Had a small gain tonight, .25#'s and now I am back at the very top of my leeway. I can tell a huge difference when I can't move very much and help work anything off. I would hate to be wheelchair bound and trying to lose weight. My hat is off to those that are in those situations and succeed. The next week has got to be better for me and I am really going to try to drink more water....I KNOW it helps.

Sherri, glad to hear that you are going back to your WW ways. You know that works for you and gimmicks don't. Yes, you hit the nail on the head, you were losing water weight with that hollywood diet and when you went off it, the weight didn't stay off. If something like that really worked, everyone would be doing it and we would all be slim. Just another item in the billion dollar diet industry. I get SOOOOO MAD at how we keep getting ripped off. We are so vulnerable because we want quick cures and we know they don't work. Go back to the basics dear......you know what has worked for you.....now here's a little kick in the butt to get you going.

Eleni, I had to chuckle when you said that Sherri caught you with the ice cream. I've been in that scenerio more than a time or two. Glad you are swimming. Are you walking anymore? I remember that you used to post about going walking. Wish I could get out more. And the typing???? Keep up your 'never stop' attitude.....I LOVE it!!!!

Mickey, I hope you have a great Open House. What will your speaker be talking about? Is there a theme to the OH?

Christie, You're still close to that goal and you will be there soon getting your KOPS status back.

Yes, there are alot of folks that we haven't heard from for awhile and to add to the list of those that Sherri mentioned yesterday, I want to put a call out for Cbabe, Jinky, Motivation and others I am spacing out. How are we doing??? Remember, everyone here cares....we all have the same struggles .....and let's not forget the successes we do have, no matter how small.

Well, I sure got on a roll. Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to those that have your meetings today. Take care of yourselves, you are important to those that love you and to all of us here on this great board!!!!!

TOPS Hugs,
Summer
Old 10-11-2001, 04:59 AM   #2  
Mother Hen

Good Morning Summer-brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I actually was thinking about you when I went in the pool. I do not like being cool. Goes back to the days I lived in NC. I was always cold in winter time. Sorry you had back pain. When I worked in the power plant and doing physical work I hurt my back too many times and it is no fun. It makes you where you just can't function.
Have to go as I do not get up as early now so only have a few minutes. Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-11-2001, 11:46 AM   #3  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Summer,

Sorry about all your pain you have been endearing lately. Hopefully it will get better. Do you go back to the chiroprator at all?
You do have to start drinking more water and stay away from the junk. You can do it. You can't afford to eat the junk this week and lose your status that you have worked so hard to get.
Sounds like you had a good time at the rally. You will be very busy this month it sounds like it. Our area captain will be at our meeting tonight. It will be a year in nov. when I joined tops and I have never met her. Only heard her name. So it will be nice to actually meet her.
Did the rally get you motivated? You didn't say. Hopefully they do. That is great that the woman has not had a gain all year. I wish I could say that to.
I knew from the start that I was losing water weight with the hollywood diet. But it did bring the scale down and it still isn't as high as it was when I first started. But now I have to buy more food. I was used to not eating for 2 days.LOL
I feel good about getting back to the WW because I know it works for me and it is healthy. So here goes nothing.
I hate the cold to. I am glad it isn't that cold here though. We have been getting down to below freezing and in the adirondacks they did have some snow last week. Better them then us. I hate the cold and the snow. I wish I were living with eleni right now and still be able to use the pool.

Mickey,

Sounds like you are doing great. I am sure you will have a loss this week. That is great that you do good over the weekends. They are the hardest for me because we don't have a routine on the weekends like we do during the week. Keep up the great work.

Christie,

How did you do yesterday? I know you must have done good working and all. Unless you got into the food after work. Hopefully you will get your status back tonight. You are so close. You will do it girl don't give up.

Eleni,

I am glad that you are back to the swimming and I wish I were there with you. Our pool is covered for the year. We finally closed it last weekend. We hadn't used it since we left to go to florida. It got too cold here to use it. Keep up your great attitude and you will do fine. You are a winner no matter what because you are not giving up on you.

I have to go get megan from school. Have a great day everyone.

Sherri
Closed Thread