Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Afternoon Ladies!

Afternoon Ladies!

Well its a bit warmer now, a whole whopping 25 Degrees F. lol. Heat wave.......lmao.

Hi Jane -- I hope Neal has a Happy Bday too! Yeah it probably is a good time to buy a new coat. I hope like you said they aren't all picked over. So what did you get Neal for his bday? I have no idea what to get DH. My mom lives about an hour and a half away, in Indiana. So not too far, but far enough as she doesn't drive that far. So we usually have to go and pick her up.

Awwww sorry to hear about the flat tire doesn't it seem like it always happens that way? When its the worst weather outside! Have fun @ your family Christmas Party.

Hi Marti! I am right there with ya, I have NO idea what to get my husband either! I think my co worker and I are going to go shopping on our lunch breaks, maybe he can help me get some ideas!!!!!!! I need some male input! lmaooooo. Hope you had a great day. I feel groggy too. I think I need some caffenine!

Hi Cristina! I hope you and Josh enjoy your Christmas dinner together. I know its going to be really hard come Monday.

Hey Sue. Mmmmmmmm Fudge That sounds sooooo good. Maybe I will make some...... I hope you have a wonderful time and a safe trip!

Have a Great Weekend Everybody!

Old 12-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello Sassy...Good luck shopping. My DH is hard to buy for also. He is so into tools...which I have no clue about. I did buy him a weather station for Christmas. I hope he likes it. It tells the outside temp., inside temp., atomic clock and a few other goodies. I have no idea how it works...lol. I was going to buy him a stool for his workbench, but he went and got it. Grrrr. Then our anniversary is in Jan. so there is another gift I have no idea about.
I have a question for you about this site. I know where to go for signatures and avatars...but how do you change the printing under your name? Where your says Happy Holidays? And where do you get the sparkly Sassy? I have had to teach myself this puter stuff...but that one I can't figure out.
Mom's fudge is great..and I had a hard time eating just one very small sliver. I tried the peppermint bark too, and it is so easy and pretty good. I just was not happy that the candy cane crunchies don't stick very well. Think next time I will drizzle white chocolate over the candy cane...or something different. Yummy though. When we get to Vegas I think I will make choc. and white choc. covered pretzels and almonds. Already promised DH some old fashioned fudge too. Thinking of fixing a box and sending to my son. He is homesick right now.

Okay...hello to all you JL's. Cristina- Will be thinking of you as Monday approaches. :hugs
Marti- Good luck also with the shopping. Men are pretty hard to buy for aren't they?
Jane- Have fun with your family and Happy Birthday to Neal!

Gotta scoot for an early night. Brunch for the family in the morning.

Sue....
Old 12-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

Hi Marti and Sue

Cristi - yes, it must seem like Thanksgiving all over to you. We usually have a ham for Christmas, but I haven't bought one yet. I didn't know Josh would be going back so soon! I know you'll be very sad about that, and I'll be thinking of you. But as soon as he's gone, you can start planning his spring visit.

Sassy - I'm giving Neal $$ for his birthday, because there are some new tools he wants, and I'd rather he pick them out himself. He usually gives me $$ for my birthday, too because I usually have a trip planned in the fall, and like to have extra fun money, lol. The man is hard to buy for, I'll tell ya that! I usually buy anything he needs when he needs it, and he doesn't have many "wants" (like I do, tee hee).

Hi all.

Neal's watching an episode of CSI that he recorded earlier in the week, and I have to be in the right mood to watch that show. I miss my ABC. The local Dish Network dealer said we may get it back on the 12th of Dec. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been working on my menu for next Thursday when I have my Mind, Body and Soul group in for dinner. I've been checking out some recipes online. It's easy to get in a rut, you know?

In the meantime, tomorrow is my family Christmas party, as I mentioned earlier, and will be a busy day. Have a good weekend, ladies.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Hi Sue, you posted while I was still composing, lol. The fudge sounds de-lish! Save me a piece, lol.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #20  
a work in progress

Hi ladies

We went out to look at Christmas lights tonight, and were going to come home and put up the tree, but Tim zonked in the car. Poor dear, he leaves for work at about 5 am, so I understand why he konked out. Ah well, the lights were beautiful, and he got to see most of them. Hopefully we'll get the tree up tomorrow. We might go to a matinee of "Happy Feet", and Tim and I have tickets to a Christmas concert for tomorrow night, a choral group called Chanticleer -- they are from SF, but sing all over the world.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done, just need a few more things. Didn't get anything extravagant for Tim...a book by an author he loves, some nice dress shirts for work, stuff like that. And I love doing stockings for Tim and the boys, finding cool fun little stuff to surprise them

Sassy, I was reading about how you sometimes feel overwhelmed by housework, etc. I feel that way a lot, too. Have you ever read anything on flylady.net? She is so encouraging, and bubbly, cheerful, upbeat, and very motivational. I go there for a refresher when I'm feeling down and overwhelmed. It's all free, unless you want to order a book or something, but all the free stuff and advice on the whole site is really good. You can even sign up to get motivational emails. And she's all about babysteps...doing just a little bit at a time...and that's just about my speed And hon, I've gotta agree with Jane -- you need to see your doctor. Seriously. If you've had your cycle since October, and it's been even occassionally heavy like it was, you could be very deficient in iron, or have a lot of other problems. I don't know if it could affect your diabetes, but it's really important to talk to your doctor and get that under control. Just my .02 cents, dear...but you better listen!!! Or...you know what will happen: BTW, I really like the Christmas quote you have right now about the best gifts to give.

Jane, ack, what a rotten time for a flat tire! Well, I guess no time is good for one, but 14 degrees with a car full of little ones is especially bad. Bet the Christmas program was just darling; I love little kids' programs like that And

Happy Birthday to Neal and Sassy's DH!

Cristi, hope you have a wonderful "Christmas" weekend with Josh Yeah, those turkey dinners are a lot of work, but I bet he appreciates your home cooking -- especially since he didn't get it on Thanksgiving. Erik was invited to a friend's house, and we were glad because we didn't want him eating Thanksgiving dinner alone or at the chow hall on base. I don't usually do a turkey at Christmas since we just had one in November. I used to always buy a spiral ham, but the last two years I've found really good sales on standing rib roast, and that was a big hit. Hopefully I'll find something like that this year. Oh, and I found a recipe for what sounds like a killer lowfat tiramisu from Cooking Light magazine, so that may be dessert for Christmas dinner (hope it's as good as it sounds!) We will have our big dinner Christmas Eve with Noah and Mike, and then after breakfast on Christmas morning, they will go to their dad's house to spend Christmas Day with his family, and Tim and I will have the day to ourselves.

Sue, that peppermint bark sounds like it would be very pretty and festive -- I think the white chocolate drizzled on top might help to "glue" the peppermint in place a bit I'm experimenting with some "lightened up" versions of treats this year; if any of them come out especially good, I'll post the recipes in the recipe thread. Bet you are getting excited about going to sunny LV!

Marti, yeah guys can be a puzzle to buy for. Is there any movies he'd want? Several new ones are out on DVD, like the second Pirates of the Carribean movie. Tools are always good, especially if you can think of any he's mentioned would be handy (Tim mentioned a cordless screwdriver, now that I'm done shopping for him -- sheesh, babe, you should have said something a month ago!) Warm gloves if he works outside at all, or drives in the cold. Or CD's, or a book if he's a reader...a computer game, if he likes those. Tim's really been into Prince of Persia lately. Or...of course you could always buy sexy lingerie for yourself, and put it in his Christmas stocking, heehee... Now, that's a present every fella appreciates unwrapping

OK...I guess this book is long enough Man, I just love playing with smilies...

Michelle, I had to come back and add this because I just saw your last post on the last thread. I am sorry you've been hurting, and hope the Dr. finds everything to be OK. I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago, and was able to keep my ovaries, so I know how important that is, to not have to worry about taking hormones and stuff. So let us know how you are doing, ok? (((hugs)))

Hi to Jules, and anyone else lurking out there!

Last edited by Katiecat; 12-09-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

JANE...not sure how I missed that you had a flat. Guess I didn't read the posts yesterday as well as I thought I did. Sorry you guys had a flat but glad the program was good. I love to see the little kids programs...so cute. I'll add the pictures again at the bottom. Wasn't thinking when I took them off the other day...thought everyone had seen them. Of course I wasn't wide awake at that time so I'm going with that, lol. Tell NEAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Hope he has a fun day! And hope the party tonight is a blast!

SASSY...yeah, pretty much already know Monday morning is going to suck big time! I always cry but not in front of Josh, or at least I try my best. I am kind of looking forward to our dinner tonight. I guess I am in a mood where I don't mind cooking. I've been cooking his favs the past two weeks and he loves turkey! Have you come up with any thing for DH yet? Tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! I know I won't be here tomorrow and Monday morning, maybe sometime. Not sure. V is taking the day off so we can take Josh to the airport and I'm not sure what we will do after. Josh has to be there by 6:45 so we will have the whole day to do something, or nothing,lol.

MARTI...I know you will find the perfect gift for James. I have a hard time with V too. But he loves tools, lol. So when we are at Lowes or Home Depot he will be looking and say I want to get this one of these days. So I try to remember what it was, if not he gets a gift card to Lowes. He actually does love getting them. Men and their tools, lol.

SUE...I like your avatar, of course I like your house too! The peppermint bark sounds so good. I may have to try it. I had a peppermint blizzard from DQ a week ago and OMG! That was so good. Had just the right amount of choc. chips and peppermint in it. I know, I should have gotten one but my diet has gone out the window since Josh has been home. Luckily, I've not gained. I gained the one pound but have since lost it so...

MARY KATE...V is like that too...konking out. He tried to watch a movie and ends up sleeping thru it. Of course he gets up at 3:20 and has been doing that for months now. Hope you guys have fun decorating the tree today, if you get to it. I love the smell of a live tree but not the hassle. Fake ones are so convenient,lol. Of course next year I plan on going even simpler and doing a small 2 foot tree that I already bought at Hobby Lobby...(nothing like planning for next year, lol) and some smaller tabletop trees. Never thought I would get tired of all the decorating and I hope I don't. So, maybe if I do it this way every other year I won't lose it.

HI to everyone else

Cowtown was so nice, cold, but nice. I love going to that place anyway but there's something different about it at Christmas time and going at night. I really could see myself living back in those days. Then we went to this place that decorates big time. It's a place that helps people but they call their display Lights on the Lake and it was awesome! Going to go again and take pictures this time. It was so pretty and they really put in a lot of work. We had a nice time. Anyway, I need to get going. I have to get the turkey in at 1. We are having turkey and ham and all the fixins'...made Josh's cake last night and a pumpkin pie. I have a store bought pumpkin cheesecake that I hope tastes good and just a plain cheesecake for DD. Anyway, lots to do and I want to get in the shower and put something festive on. It is our Christmas dinner after all.

Here's the pictures of the snow ladies...I'll leave them up for a few days this time. The last one was of the deck and boy did Ernie have fun going out there to go potty, lol. Funny dog, hates the rain but loves the snow.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-11-2006 at 05:22 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies...

Not a whole lot of time to spare but I haven't done individuals so I'm going to try and catch up a little bit!

Cristi--Love the photos! The snow just adds to the holiday feeling of it all! We didn't have near that much snow. At least not in my particular area.....where James work....he said there were 4ft of snow! Crazy. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS tomorrow w/your family!!

MaryKate--I'm not sure what James wants. He really enjoys electronic toys. He just bought a remote control helicopter. (darn man flys that in the house!!) I'm going to head up to Eugene today and check out some sales that are going on. I'm thinking a coat would be great. JC Penny's is having a sale......they seem to be constantly having sales!

Jane--Hope you have a wonderful time w/your family christmas party! I remember you getting your room reserves earlier in the year.....great that you got it rented! 60 people is a lot! I think about 20 family members get together w/my family. If they actually all showed up it would be closer to 35 or so.

Sue--My hubby just bought one of those weather things! I wake up to the time on the ceiling...which I love so I don't have to actually get up on one arm and look over James for the time. See...the man buys what he wants....so hard to shop for!

Sassy--Does your hubby like to cook?? I'm thinking of getting my sweetie some cookbooks from the FoodNetwork channel. He's always printing them out. Also would like to find a manly apron! He probably won't wear it but I'm going to get it for him anyway.

Michelle--How did your visit w/the doctor go?? Everything turn out ok? I hope so. The pain you described sounded unbearable!! Hope all is well.

Jules--How are you???

Hello to everyone I have missed!

Well I better get myself out the door. I want to get some shopping done in the day time. Night time traffic during the holidays is scarey!

Hugs to you all!
Old 12-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #23  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies.

This is a quickie, as I got up late today.

I'll do individuals later.

Its warmer here today, 40 degrees! HEATWAVE!

Guess what? My Winter coat's Zipper broke last night! So now I really have to buy a NEW coat! YIPPEE! I HATE that coat! I know my mil gave it to me, so I couldn't really complain because it was FREE but I never have liked it! lol.

I'm definately going to make fudge! I have been very good with the cookies and only had a few, so I think I can handle a couple small pieces of fudge and share the rest! lol.

Oh and last night they ordered Pizza for us 3rd shifters! All because once again we got left out because they had a chocolate fondue foutain with fruit and veggie trays during the day! But I didn't eat any pizza, they didn't order enough for people to have enough for a meal, only enough for a "Snack" which to me is totally stupid, why couldn't we have the fruit and veggies? So I left the pizza for the men folk, I didn't need any of that anyways.

Well I guess I should get off of here and go to work now. *sigh* Only 2 more nights (including tonight) and we get a week off.........

TTYL

Old 12-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #24  
~Believe~

Talking Started New Thread -- JL's Fitness & Exercise 101!

Hey Ladies! I started a new Thread called Jaded Ladies Fitness & Exercise 101. I hope we call can benefit from it, its a place where we can all keep track of our daily exercise, help each other out with fitness tips, exercise help, fitness myths & facts, etc. So here is the link to the thread, I hope to see you all there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post1493200

Old 12-10-2006, 04:29 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls....

It's 1:30am and I'm still up!!

Got some shopping done today. It was really hard to shop for James. But I did get him a couple things. I also got some things for Jhanai. I need to get some stocking stuffers and I'm done. I even wrapped everything tonight!! Amazing.

Spent a couple hours at my sisters house. I picked up Jhanai on the way. She got the book "You on a Diet" I asked her if I could read it once she was done. I did glance through it and was surprised at the layout. It's for easy reading! I don't know why I find that so shocking?! But I did.

Ok....enough babble from me....I'm going to take a shower and get to bed.

Hugs to all!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:38 AM   #26  
~Believe~

Talking Morning!!!!!

Morning!

Well another night/morning down and only one to go and then ONE week off!

I got DH's Bday gift. A coworker went with me to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and I amazed myself! It took the longest trying to search for DH's Twinkies that he wanted because and you'll love this part -- because I never buy them, so I had no idea where they were! And my co-worker's wife buys them for his kids so he didn't know either! lmao. We finally found those and OH we wandered down the "Seasonal" Aisle and I got DH an Orange County Chopper Mug with candy in it and get this -- they only put a teeny tiny little bag of candy on the top of the mug and put a piece of plastic under it! Didn't even give a FULL mug's worth of candy! PHHHHHT! So I got DH some Mini Reese's Cups to fill it with. (it is his bday after all!)

After that we wandered over to the NON-Food side and I went down the massaging things aisle, as DH hinted that he wanted one of those, my co worker knew exactly which one DH wanted so I got it and a small battery operated one that is made of that Squoosh stuff (Google it if you don't know what it is) but its really really soft and its a massager too, I figured he could use the smaller one at work and the bigger one at home. The bigger one is really really nice, it is advertised on tv, the one where it says, "After your massage you will feel Human again".

I also got him some Untamed Cologne and some Chai Tea Latte (I gave him the Tea already). I know I went a bit overboard, but I really wanted too as his bday is SO close to Christmas, I wanted to make a big deal out of it and this year we had extra money from working over time and all, so I splurged.

Now what to get him for Christmas? lmao. But we were in and out of Wal-Mart and I even picked out a Bday card for DH! Usually I take FOREVER picking out cards! But since I was with my co-worker, I didn't want to make him wait and we had to get back to work. (went on lunch break) so maybe that is my answer to shopping, shop with a co worker and on our lunch breaks! That is the fastest I've ever shopped, esp. for a gift!!!!!!!! And esp. since I had NO clue of what to get him!

Oh and DH discovered we have our first scratch on our new car. He is very bummed about it, its not a big one, at all, but still a scratch. I said we could go by the Dealership and get some touch up paint and who knows they may even touch it up for us.

Okay enough babbling. Off to Individuals:

Sue -- My DH has a clock just like the one you got your DH. He LOVES it! It shows the outside and inside temp, the weather, the time and geez I don't even know what all! lol. Its an Atomic Clock like you said you got yours.

The Signature, the sparkly one, I got from Glittermaker.com, go there and you can make one for yourself, then go to User CP, Edit Signature, then you either link it to the URL (website) or upload it from your computer, then click insert signature, then it will show up in your signature. Lemme know if you need more help with this, as its kinda hard to explain. lol.

The one under my avatar that says Happy Holidays, go to User CP again, but go to Edit Profile, then you can insert whatever message you want (as long as its within so many characters) under Custom User Title.

There ya go girlie! I hope that helps! PS -- I'm planning on making PB Fudge on my week off!

Mary Kate -- I love looking at Christmas lights........
Yeah I've looked at Fly Lady before, but really hadn't really seriously read it, just kinda glanced over it, so maybe I will check it out. Yeah I know I should go to the Dr. even though I do have PCOS and it can be "normal" to have Heavy AF's, this one is way different. I won't go into details, but you all understand I'm sure as women we all just KNOW when things are different than "normal". My biggest problem is my Gyn. I was seeing, isn't there anymore and I LOVED her. She wasn't a Dr. then, but was a PA (Physican's Assitant) and they can do everything a Dr. can do, only they cannot prescribe Narcotics, anyways, she must have gotten her "time" in and moved on, because she is no longer there anymore. So I'm going to have to see a new dr and I'm considering changing because this office is a bit farther away and the only reason I went because I loved this lady so much (she was SO nice!) So I'm thinking of going to some place local in town or closer at least. The only thing I have to check out is to be sure whatever place I do go too, that they do High Risk Pregnancy's because since I am a diabetic, if and when I ever get pregnant, I will be automatically considered "High Risk" and my last Gyn. that I had seen for years and years (before the previous one) told me that once I got pregnant she would have to ship me off to another practice as they didn't deal with High Risk Pregnancies. So that is when I went to this new practice, that DOES see High Risk Pregnancies.

Wow I rambled there, sorry Mary Kate! lol.

Cristina -- I'm sure you will be very on Monday, but just remember all the great fun you had together and know that you will get to make even more memories once he returns. I know its going to be tough though! Thanks for the Bday Wishes for DH. I did find him stuff, as you probably read above!

Hi Marti -- Yes my DH loves to cook AND the apron is a good idea because he wants an Alton Brown one! So that maybe a great Christmas Gift Idea! So I may wander over to the Food Network's site and see what all they have over there! Did you see that Paula Deen has a Toaster now????? It has a place where you can cook an egg on the side too! I saw it at Wal-Mart! And wow you got most of your shopping done AND Wrapped too? Wow......your WAY ahead of me! lol.

Oh and Thanks for the Christmas Card, Michelle!

I hope you all have a Great Sunday today!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:05 AM   #27  
ugggg.....

DS & his gf are coming out today. They didn't make it last week. He's requested baked chicken breasts (I season w/lemon pepper & real lemon juice), potatoes cubed and baked with onion soup mix and olive oil and asparagus. All very easy to make--gotta love my boy!! Alicia wants me to show her how to make the potatoes. DS keeps going on about them.

I am done Christmas shopping for the gf. She has the pink crockpot, a Southern Living Crockpot cookbook, a pink scarf I knitted myself, some tarts for her tart warmer (strawberry margarita so they are pink), and a bracelet (pink & silver)..ds has two zombie movies a Zombie book, and a hoodie so far and dd has a over the earpiece for her cell phone because she has the very bad habit of talking while she is driving and a blue and silver bracelet. I may do goodie baskets for both the kids, razors, shaving cream, lotions, body spray for her, spray and deodorant fromt he axe line for him and other neccessities along with some of their favorite candy. The bracelets for the girls are really neat. One of the ladies who works in a different department had daughter in law come in and show us what she does. Her friend and her have formed a company making watches with beads and stones. They were all really beautiful. She does bracelets too, so I ordered one for each of the girls in the colors they like and even got to pick out the silver beads and each will have a small flat heart charm. Hubby gets clothes and I make him circle several tools in the Sears sale flyer and I go get something from the items he picked. He has asked for a windup flashlight from L & L Bean. I need to get on that fast, I am stopping by the LL Bean store at the outlets beside work over lunch on Monday to see if it's there, if not I will have to order it online. I got a few other things for others but I still have alot to do.

It's been busy at work again and they are transferring a lady from our department to another and I went to a meeting on Thursday to find out that I will be getting more work--I am just thankful that I will not be getting ALL of it. I have been promised that I can keep my two temps as long as I need them which will probably be all year this year. Luckily January through March is the slow time so I can learn the stuff from her and give some of my stuff away. Hubby hasn't been happy but I have been having to go in on Fridays and bring some stuff home.

Last edited by jules1216; 12-10-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #28  
ugggg.....

Sassy--Happy bday to your hubby. You did good with the gifts. I think he will love them. Good luck on your coat shopping and great NSV for passing on the pizza. The new thread sounds great.

Marti-Very good for you being done and wrapped!! I am slowly getting there. I need to go get some gift tags and some more paper. Holiday traffic is scary--it's almost as bad as when it snows....

Cristina--The pictures are so pretty with the snow and the lights. I like the white icicle lights for outside especially in the snow. We got a light dusting on Thursday night. What was really funny is that they hardly ever salt and plow the back roads but the salted this time

Katiecat--I enjoyed your pictures, your sons remind me of mine with the clothes, hair and stance. We are going to go out and look at lights next weekend. There are a couple of spots that really do it up!!

Jane--Happy bday to Neal!! Hubby doesn't shop he gives the money to DD to go for him or just gives it to me. He used to go with the kids on Christmas Eve day to shop for my gift and stop and get ice cream or some other treat. The kids loved it. Then the kids would wrap it for him when they got home and would go on and on about how they knew what my gift was. Fun times...

Sue-My problem with buying dh tools is I can never remember what he has or doesn't have since he has a whole shop full. My mom gets him a new little gadget from Sears every year. The one he liked the best was a magnetic tray that you could put bolts and stuff in while working of the car without worrying about them getting knocked over and lost. He hates to go shopping so Christmas and his birthday is when I get him new shirts, socks, jeans and boxers. He jokes about his Christmas Levi's.

Michelle-Thanks for the pretty card!!

well I have to get motivated and get some stuff done before the kids get here!!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #29  
~Believe~

Talking Hi Ladies!

Hi Ladies!

We are having a HEATWAVE here! Again in the 40's!!!!!! Weird weather for December! lol.

Jules - Your dinner sounds yummy! Well all except the Aspargus, I'm not a fan, but the rest sounds good. All the gifts you picked out sounds really nice! Thanks for the Bday Wishes for DH. I SO wanted to give him his gifts when we got home early this morning after work, but I didn't! He'll get them tonight and not sure if I'll make him wait until Midnight or not. (His bday is tomorrow (Monday) lol.

Where is everybody????? Enjoying their Sunday I hope!

TTYL!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies...

First, Sassy, thank you...you explained very well and I did it! Kind of a combination Christmas/Vegas theme...LOL. I hope you and DH had a great evening and hope he enjoyed his gifts. You did good! I got Mom a massager that sits on her chair and also has heat. She loves it and it loosens her back while she relaxes. She has had it for a few years now. I need to think of something else for my DH, but he is so hard to buy for. We had a heatwave here today also...48 degrees.

Jules- There is no way I could ever remember what toold DH has either. He just built a huge workshop and has lots of woodworking things. And the bad thing, he buys what he wants, so leaves little for me to even think about buying. One year I took a catalouge he had marked some things in and placed an order. He was going to order after the holidays, so was quite surprised. Otherwise I just try to listen or ASK what he needs. I also buy him clothes since he HATES to shop. I love all the gifts you bought. I am feeling robbed by giving the "grands" gift cards and money this year...and I think I will buy gifts next year. (And start early) I really have noticed good prices on jewelry and think I will buy my daughters and granddaughters some next year. WHat gal doesn't like jewelry? I will make sure to notice this year what the DGD's like to wear.

Marti- I know what you mean about men buying what they want. Mine also. But then we both do, and he can't think of things for me either. Good job on getting shopping done AND wrapped. Cool! I have "You on a Diet" but haven't started reading it yet. Now I am wondering if I should just leave it here until Spring.....I know I won't diet in Vegas. Most likely will gain again. UGH.

Cristina- Hugs to you chickie. Ummm..peppermint blizzard. The candy cane bark was/is good. We have only had a dusting of snow so far and hopefully we will get out of here before more comes.

Jane- Hope you had a nice week-end...I know it was busy!

I am totally packed except for make-up... but now I don't know what I will wear for 2 days. LOL Today I hemmed fabric for DH 's shop windows. Got tired of that real quickly since I had to do 8 panels.(on 3 sides each) Otherwise, I read the papers and was lazy.
Tomorrow I will wash sheets and all the laundry, which isn't much. Going to see my BFF....we'll "do lunch."
Tuesday I clean out the fridge and any perishable foods. Take Mom to get her hair done and get mine cut. Then just make cure all the last minute things are done. DH does most everything concerning the house. (heat, water, etc.)
Getting excited to get to Vegas.....
Closed Thread