Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:07 AM   #31  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hey Sue! HUGS for Cristina.....

Hey Sue!

I'm glad that I explained it well! It looks good! Yeah DH LOVED everything and the massagers were a HUGE hit! Infact the coworker that went with me tried it out and is going to get one for his wife for Christmas! I said all you need now is one of those foot massagers that you put your feet into water? So his wife shall be very very happy!

I bought DH a Bday cake @ Wally World and it was Chocolate with Buttercream Icing, it was very good but very very rich! I only had a small piece myself and we shared the rest with our co workers.

I hope you have a lot of fun in Vegas, which I'm sure you will! I hope to someday go there myself! DH has been already and had a great time. (before we met)

Well have a Great Day!!!!!

EXTRA EXTRA for Cristina today!

Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Default Yowza! Lots to catch up on!

Happy Monday, ladies,

Mary Kate - did you get your tree up? I have to admit, I'm the one who falls asleep during movies here at the house, lol. Katie and Neal tease me about it. Neal and I are going to take the 3 oldest DGDs to see Charlotte's Web next week. I want to go during the week so the theater won't be so packed. I've heard Happy Feet is really cute.

Cristi - I'm thinking of you today, friend. I've edited and retyped this sentence several times, but there's just nothing I can say to help you get over the sadness you're feeling right now. Just know that I'm here for you, ok? About the trees, I truly think I'm going smaller next year, too. We just don't need a big tree anymore.

Marti - did you make it to Eugene yesterday? Get any good buys? If you think you might want to follow the Oz diet, let me know. I'm following it, to a certain extent, and counting calories. Well, I'm just trying to make it through the holidays right now, iykwim.

Sassy - 1 more night and you'll have a nice vacation! Did you ever hear about the 17th and 18th? Hopefully, you got it off. You got a lot of nice things for your DH's birthday. I hope he has a good day today. Neal had a good one yesterday.

Jules - mmmm, lemon chicken sounds good. I take it your son's gf loves pink, haha. All the gifts you've bought/gonna buy for everyone sound very thoughful. I think Neal would like one of those magnetic trays. I didn't even know they made such a thing!

Sue - have fun today at lunch with your bff. My sister who goes to Vegas all the time just won 10 grand on a scratch off locally. She's won big in Vegas before, too. Glad you're all packed and hope you aren't running around naked today, lol.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, Neal's birthday celebration was fun. We went out by ourselves for lunch after church, and that was nice. Then the kids and grands and I all spoiled him, of course.

I'm going grocery shopping today for the dinner for my church group friends that will be here Thursday. I'm looking forward to that. There will be 10 of us, and we don't act like church ladies, lol. I wish I could have a dinner with all of you Jaded Ladies.

Later.....
Old 12-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning.....

I have to be in to work early today since I'm leaving early. Jhanai's band/choir recital tonight!! I wish they wouldn't have schedule me an 8hr day....I like coming in at 11:00. But I suppose it save my PTO for other time off!

Sassy--I DID see that toaster thing, but had no idea it was a Paula Deen thing. I thought the contraption was a bit much. I didn't get James an apron like I had wanted, but I did find some nice knives for chopping! Two in a package. Silly gift isn't it?

Jules--The gifts you bought sound great. James was having a hard time thinking of something for Jhanai, he decided to get her a gift certificate to Hot Topic's since he would have no idea what to buy her from there. I didn't even think of that!

Sue--Just how long will you be in Vegas?? I would be excited too. My grandparents had neighbors that travel to Arizona or Mexico every winter. I believe they leave in Janauary though. Do you drive or fly to Vegas??

Jane--We did make it to Eugene. We found a cute dog store. Caters to only dogs. No cats. We bought our pups so treats. I hope you have a great time w/the Church group. And I think it's great that you're all still acting like school girls!!

Ok...half an hour before I need to be out the door and I still have to do my hair.

Chat w/you all tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #34  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies...Sorry I've been MIA for awhile! I always subscribe to the thread, and every day I kept thinking nobody was posting, but then realized I still had the other thread that has been closed for awhile. Sometimes I feel like my mind goes a little crazy! Jane, Cristina, Jules and Sassy, you're all welcome for the cards, I don't have the other addresses, except for Mary Kate just exchanging with me. Our weather has warmed up so much from what we were having. It's actually supposed to get up to 55F today and heavy rains, which doesn't bother me. My doctor appointment went okay. The ultrasound showed that my overy looks really good and no cysts are showing. My doctor said the pain I have experienced through the year, and then the horrible pain I had last Monday, was probably cysts that had burst, and if the cyst has burst, then it won't show anything on the ultrasound. She said that if I want to have surgery and get the only ovary I have left removed, she will do that, but I will have to be on hormones afterwards. She is totally booked up, unless it's an emergency, and cannot do my surgery until February, and I said I mise well wait until March for spring break, so my DH and DD would be off. She said this would be a regular surgery meaning that she would first try and go in through laprascopically?? where she inserts the camera, but if that didn't work, she would have to cut into my abdomen, and it will still involve a 4-6 week healing process. She said I could book my appointment, and then if I decide to change my mind, I can cancel, but atleast I will have time to think about it. So that's my whole story. Sorry I'm not doing individuals, but as you can see, I'm so far behind on the posts lol! I hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #35  
~Believe~

Red face YEY! My mini vacation begins!

YEY! My Mini-Vacation begins today!

Unfortunately it started to me waking up sick. I don't think its the flu though, I think it may have either been something I ate or that I just got to coughing and well I'm sure you get the rest........

I went to check the mail today, thinking that DH would have at least a Bday card from his parents? NO Bday cards at all! He is going to be SO bummed! His mother did call him at 1 a.m. today when we were at work, gave us a heart attack though! We thought something was wrong with her calling that late! But she just wanted to wish him Happy Birthday. I guess at least she did that much. Its just so weird, she NEVER ever doesn't send him a bday card! He was bummed on Friday and Sat. when he didn't get any cards, so I thought, well maybe he'll get them today, but none! At least he got one from me!!!!!!!

Oh and Thanks Mary Kate for the very pretty card! I will be sending mine out probably tomorrow I would imagine.

Jane -- Yup today starts our mini vacation! Nope we didn't get off the 16th & 17th. We would have but our co-worker/friend's Grandmother died so he is going to be off this coming weekend as well and of course nobody wants to cover for our shifts. So we have to go back on Saturday. Our boss is going to find coverage for Friday since we requested that off a long time ago. I just wish we would have requested off Sat & Sun too back then. Oh well......Glad you had fun celebrating Neal's bday! Have fun @ your dinner!

Marti -- Yeah she actually has a toaster with her name on it and her picture is on the box! lol. Knives are a good gift, my DH wants a good set, but I'm not good at picking them out, so I won't get him knives. He can pick those out himself. But I think most men like sharp shiny objects! lol

Hey Michelle -- NP hon, we understand being busy and getting behind on posts. It has been unusally warm here too. Today its 52!!!!!!!! I even turned the heat off this morning as it was HOT in here! lol. My mom had a Cyst burst and she said it was very very painful. She had a hysterectomy years ago too, but she still has her ovaries as well as she didn't want to be on the hormones either. Either way, we'll be here for ya and thinking of ya.

I hope you all have a fabulous day! As for me I feel like a let down to my DH since I am ill today, well at the very least, not feeling 100% today, so I doubt I will feel up to going out to eat @ the steakhouse tonight that we have the $100 gift card too from the car dealership for filling out the survey. So maybe tomorrow night or Wed. At least we have two extra days off this week!

Well DH is up now and he asked about the mail. I had to tell him there was only Christmas Cards and bills. I still cannot beleive his own mother did not send him a bday card! She ALWAYS sends him one! What is wrong with her here lately???? She is certainly not acting like herself that is for sure!

Well TTYL!

Old 12-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/248/170

Height: 5'5"

Newbie here! I'd like to introduce myself, and tell you that I have read a bunch of your posts, and think you're a great bunch of gals!!

I posted my bio, and have had a good morning, fitness-wise. That's really the goal, isn't it?..to be fit, and healthy and live the good life?

Thanks for being here...we all need support to get through the challenges that we face in getting healthy and fit!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #37  

Hello everyone -- Im new to this and wasn't sure exactly how to post my message or anything. Anyway I was just wondering ...
I have frozen yogurt everyday, I LOVE IT! It's really my fix of the day. I live on Long Island new york and have a variety of places offering sugarfree/nonfat/low carb yogurts or I visit TCBY for their nonfat/no sugar added flavors. TCBY IS AWESOME ! and actually the ingredients and calories ( i always get a kiddie which is a pretty decent size, 6oz. cup) are not bad at all. The only carbs and sugar come from the nonfat milk. What do you all think? Any nutritionists?

this is for the vanilla but all the flavors are the same ingredients
Vanilla No Sugar Added/Nonfat
Nonfat Milk, Maltodextrin, Polydextrose, Sorbitol, Live Active Yogurt Cultures, Stabilizer (Cellulose Gel, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum and Carrageenan), Artificial Flavor, Aspartame, Annatto Color. Phenylketonurics: contains Phenylalanin
Old 12-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #38  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

browneyedgrl0 & LCharvon! This group of ladies are all absolutely wonderful!!!

Mary Kate...Thank you so much for the pretty card, you're a sweetheart!

Sassy...I'm so sorry everyone, especially his mom, has to let him down on his one special day out of the whole year! I also have a dad that's pretty much the same way, and he even does it with his granddaughters too, and it really makes me mad! Hope you feel better soon so you and hubby can use your $100 card, WOW, what a nice little, I mean big, gift for filling out the survey! We have done many of those, but never received anything except for many phone calls to make sure we had done it!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #39  
ugggg.....

Hi Michelle!! Hope you are feeling better!

Browneyedgrl--Welcome!! Just start posting, this site is great filled with lots of useful info and very supportive people!!

LCharvon--Welcome to you too...just start posting!! fit, healthy and living the good life sounds pretty great to me!!

Sassy-My mom is the only one that remembers my birthday (besides hubby & the kids) ...You need to pm me with your Hubby's name and I will send him one!!!! Oh and BTW I LOVE your AVATAR!!!

Marti--I have bought many a gift from Hot Topic--DD loves Jack and Sally stuff from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jane--yes, she likes pink just a little--she had her pink Barbie hat on yesterday, she likes Rainbow Brite too--DD was a Strawberry Shortcake girl but is not into pink. Mom does great at finding little gadgets for DH.

Sue--My kids love getting gift cards. DD likes to take her cards and cash and shop the day after Christmas sales.

Cristina--Hope everything is okay.

MaryKate--Thanks for the pretty card. There are several deer on our property. We put out a salt lick and deer corn for them.

Well, gotta go...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Red face Hello from the sickie!!

Hello from the Sickie!

I slept for like hours and I feel a tad bit better. DH let me sleep cuz he knew I was feeling under the weather. I told him I was so sorry that I ruined his Bday. But he said, "Its just a day, we can celebrate it any day, don't worry about it." Isn't he great?

to Jaded Ladies, browneyedgrl0 & LCharvon! This is a WONDERFUL, AWESOME, TERRIFIC group of caring, and fun ladies! They are like my extended family! Jump right in whenever you want!!!

Michelle -- Yeah it really surprised me that his mom forgot to send him a card this year! She ALWAYS sends him a card! Maybe she is late in sending it or plans on just giving it to him, I can hope!!!! Yeah we were totally shocked to get a $100 Gift Card to a very very nice steakhouse just for filling out the customer service survey from Nissan. But the dealership told us when we were buying our car that Nissan is very very BIG on customer service and it shows! Hub and I discussed this and said if we go to buy a 2nd car or something, it is going to be a Nissan for sure! They treated us very very well and we are 110% satisfied!

Also here is another little tip for getting free stuff: look on the back of your products, there is usually always either a 1-800 # or a website to go too to let them know how you like or dislike the product, call or go to the website and let them know, either way, they will usually send you coupons, free samples, etc! Before I started working outside the home, I used to fill out online surveys and some would give cash, others would send you samples of new products to try out!!! I never "struck it rich" with them, but it was nice to have a little extra cash or some free stuff! I'll have to see if I still have the sites saved somewhere to share with you all!

Jules -- My mom & my mil and of course my hubby always remember mine, that is why I'm so confused! MIL NEVER EVER forgets to send a card! She is very very good about it and my mom usually sends him one as well! All I can say is maybe they are late in sending or something! I'm hoping! But DH was very very bummed. Especially since there were so many lovely Christmas Cards in the mail for me. (Thanks Everybody!!!!)

Well all I hope you all you all have a great night!

Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone and Welcome to the newbies. I am sure you will like it here. Lots of super nice and friendly ladies.
Had a nice lunch and did a little shopping with BFF. Later visited with an aunt and cousin and showed off the house.
We got Mom's tv and got it hooked up for her...she gets to use it for a whole day. LOL. (her Christmas gift, early since we are leaving)
No time for individuals right now...but I will be online tomorrow.
However, Marti asked about our time in Vegas. We bought one way tickets so we can come back whenever..but plan to stay until the first week of April. The last two years we had to come home early, in Feb., so hope to stay longer this year.
I'm still reading Dr. Oz and hope to take You, the Diet with me. I doubt I get through the other one. But, as for actually starting his plan....don't know if that will happen while in Vegas. LOL.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Hi all, with a big Welcome to LC and Browneyedgrl0.

Mary Kate - thanks for the card. It looks like a scene from around here, and is just beautiful!

Cristina - I'm still thinking of you, and know you're sad. I wish there was some way I could make it better.

Jules - I think it's cool how you can find all the retro toy products now. Both of my girls like Hello Kitty and Pretty Ponies, Cabbage Patch dolls, etc that are back (still?) on the shelves.

Marti - I'd LOVE to find a dog store. The only pet store we have around here caters to fish and birds. How'd the recital go?

Sassy - awww, I hope your DH does get a card or something from his mom tomorrow. Glad you're feeling better.

Sue - one more day, then you're off! I'm gonna save a snowball for you. Well, if we ever get any snow, that is!

Well, I'm about ready to catch some z's. Today's been a long day, and tomorrow I have to brave the crowds at Wally World. Pray for me, lol.

Have a good evening!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:50 AM   #43  
~Believe~

Red face Morning!

Morning!

Well its official, my schedule is all screwed up, but that is okay as I don't have to be back at work until Saturday Night!

I went back to bed around 1 a.m. and just now woke up again so oh well. lol. Not like I have to do anything major. I can always take a cat nap later on today!

I feel better, I guess sleep really does help you feel better. Not still quite 100%, yet, but I think by mid day I should be okay again. I've just been keeping up with drinking lots of liquids. Haven't ate much.

Sue -- Wow in Vegas until April! Cool! I hope you get to stay all the way until April this time. Have a Great Time!

Jane -- Yeah I hope he gets something today too........Good Luck with the crowds at Wally World!

I hope everybody has a great Tuesday!

Old 12-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chickadee's!

Jhanai's program was great. What a difference a year makes when it comes to band! I didn't have my camera w/me. James had brought it when he come to get me, but he left it in the truck. (he drove up and parked his truck while we rode together) The place was really dark except on stage so I wouldn't have been able to get a shot anyway.

I will have to make her put on her dress and I'll take pictures here at home.

A big hearty welcome to the new girls!

Michelle--Glad to hear that you're looking good inside. Also that you have lots of time to think over surgery. We are definately having a wet Christmas aren't we?? I'm not sure I have your address....would you like to PM it to me??? I have a card w/your name, just no address!

Sassy--Sleep can be a miracle worker! I hope you feel much better and that you're able to have that dinner date!

Sue--Ahhh...flying. And here I thought you two drove! I was thinking "wow.....that'll be a long drive in this kind of weather, should they be going??" The protective mother in me!

Jules--So that's the name of the characters! I haven't watched the movie yet, so I didn't have any idea. I did get Jhanai some Jack slippers and a hat from this girly store. (not sure what it's called, Claires I think) I'm afraid of the size though,,,,,hope they fit.

Jane--Hope the crowds aren't too crazy for you at Wally world! Maybe it won't be since many people will be at work. I need to get a couple more things and stocking stuffers and I'm done. I still have to mail out my Christmas cards! I need to finish addressing them. I will be sending those out by this Friday!

LC--Welcome to Jaded Ladies! I will have to go check out your Bio. Hope you like this area and that we get to know and hear more about you!
EDIT: I just ead your Bio....I have a 12yr old DD. What a great age isn't it?? I'm finding that this is the age where they're discovering who they are and who they want to be!! Will be fun to hear more about your DD!

Browneye--Not a nutritionist here, but it sounds like you have a tasty treat that you're able to indulge in healthily. I like frozen yogurt, but I don't think I could eat it everyday. As for posting...you're posting just fine. Hope to hear more from you also!

Hello to everyone else out there. I Need to get my day started. Vacation starts next week for me on the 22nd. I have 6days off!! Lots of time to spend w/the family. And I really like the extra days off w/Jhanai. She's w/me every Christmas, but she goes home that night to spend it w/her dad too (only fair) so this will be good!

Chat w/you girls later!!

Last edited by Marti; 12-12-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sassy - glad you're feeling better.

Marti - wow, you've got some nice time off to look forward to. Hard to believe Jhanai will be a teen on her next bd.

The new ones are welcome to just jump right in. Tell us what's going on in your lives, if you want to share that.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I went shopping early, and the crowd was beginning to get bad by the time I left. Seems like nobody works, lol, they're all at Walmart.

It's so windy here, and rainy. My umbrella turned wrong-side out going to the car as I left the store, and I didn't know it, but my silk scarf blew away! It was red, with snowmen all over it. I called Wally World when I got home and found that it was gone, but nobody turned it in. That scarf will make a nice gift for whoever finds it. But if losing it is the least of my worries, I'm a lucky woman, right?

Have a good day!
Closed Thread