Old 12-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #46  
ugggg.....

Aw SuzyQ, finally somebody right beside you that sees what we see!!

Oh and by the way, update on DD's love life--the first Nick is gone, turned out to be very jealous and controlling--she had to actually change her number to get him to stop calling and texting her (creepy thing was he even had his Mom and ex-wife calling her) she saw Jason but they decided to stay just friends. There is a new Nick who just got out of the military--he was special ops, did a tour in Iraq and is getting ready to go to the police academy at the beginning of the year. He looks like a younger & thinner Jesses James (Mr Sandra Bullock, star of Monster Garage and bike builder) The girl makes my head spin, but as long as she is happy that's all I want.
We really had fun shopping this morning!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #47  
RosieKate

Default Ho Ho Ho!

Ok - my shoppings' all done and I am feeling festive...probably because I do not have to get in my car and go anywhere I take that back - I do have to go in at 7:30 for my mammogram tonight, but I don't think the traffic will be too bad for that one!

My produce delivery had sugarloaf squash in it and I am trying a squash pie recipe. Should come out like pumpkin pie, but lighter in taste, I think. I started up the organic produce delivery again because I need to work up to 9-12 fruits and vegetables a day. The only hope I have of doing that is to keep the fridge stocked and the delivery service is helping with that immensely. It's also inspiring me to try new things and new recipes. I tried a persimmon last week...ever had one of those? I thought it tasted like a really rich banana.

The research group is going well...a great group of women I must say. I've lost about 7 pounds since starting....I am very happy about that! I think it has a lot to do with keeping food diaries and getting the accountability from the support group. Particularly the food diaries...I know I have to turn those suckers in, so I am really good about writing everything down...and that keeps me from doing things like sampling while I'm cooking, cleaning the kids' plates yada yada

Susan - You have found your knight in shining armor! I'm sure Rocky will be bummed for awhile, but he's a nice guy who wants you to be happy. I'm sure he's aware that the geographic distance was going to be very hard to overcome for the long haul. This guy just sounds so great! I'm so happy for you!

Jules - Who'da thunk that nice young kid would go stalker on her? I'm glad your DD has the sense to get out and move on with her life...the new guy sounds pretty nice.

Cristina - good luck with your home sale...and congrats on already having found a new house! Do you have pictures?
I bet your house looks so nice - I remember the pictures of your holiday decorating last year...it was so pretty.

Hi Michelle, Sue, Sassy, Bep, and anyone else who may be reading this...Merry Christmas!

As of today, our new bathroom is hooked up. However, it has no doors, so I'm not terribly motivated to use it just yet That doesn't seem to bother the children however, who think the new bathroom is their shiny new toy. They are asking for baths - imagine! Now the guys are working on trims, lights and doors. We are getting bids on floors...David paints the kitchen next week! We are so close!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas..I'm so glad we are all here and checking in with each other - it means alot to me and I am glad I know each and every one of you!
Old 12-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #48  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies ~~~ Sorry I've been MIA, but just having an extremely hard time with being down right now. I just don't feel like doing much of anything, sorry to be such a downer when everyone else is so happy.

SUSAN...I'm very happy for you with your new hunny bunny! I think that it's great that you finally have someone who shows you the attention you should have been getting for a long time now. The necklace sounds so pretty, and of course, it's for a pretty lady!

I will come back and write more tomorrow, I promise!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #49  
ugggg.....

Katy--I sure didn't think a nice boy that got along good with his mom would turn stalker!! I guess you can never tell.
Congrats on the 7 pounds after maintaining a weight for so long. What an inspiration you are!! Hate to say it but I have gained weight instead of losing or staying put. I really have to do something and get it moving in the right direction.

Michelle--sorry you are feeling down, I hope things get better. Start preparing yourself for the empty nest thing when your youngest goes to Nursing school. It's terribly hard when you are close to your kids. Sign up for some classes or take up a craft.

Cristina--I hope you are not too down either with DS back in Iraq. Miss your posts!!

SuzyQ--enjoy the girls and the new guy!!

Not doing much for Christmas Eve, everyone is coming here tomorrow. Will bake some cookies and my lemon dessert today and do some laundry and housecleaning. The kids books didn't make it in time for Christmas. They said they could wait for them, I went ahead and told them the titles.

Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #50  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!

JULES...awww, I am sorry things didn't work our with DD and Nick. Wow, who would have thought he was a stalker, creepy. Hoping the New Year brings a "new" love for DD and one that will last a lifetime! We are still waiting on an Amazon shipment too, lol! Can't even access the account online either to see what's up with it-guess they are just way too busy.

KATY...thank you! I feel the same way. You ladies have been a part of my life for so long and I don't know what I would do without ya. Glad to hear the program is going well for ya. And...CONGRAT'S on the 7 pounds! I answered an e-mail (if you will) about reviewing one of two diet books for the local newspaper and following the diet for 30 days and then they will interview you after to see the results, if you liked it, etc. I am so hoping they pick me. I think it would be the motivation I really need right now. My eating is sooo out of control. No pictures of the new house (I assume that is what you are talking about)...don't even want to talk about it for fear of jinxing everything, lol. I am so paranoid sometimes I swear, lol. V has already got the address down and planning things, lol. I am trying not to get attached but for some reason I feel very confident that we are going to sell this pretty fast this time. I do have pictures of this house decorated but have to wait for the film to be developed. I swear a digital camera will be on our list of things to get.

SUSAN...he is right, you don't deserve to be treated the way the ex's treat you. He is a sweetie for sure!

MICHELLE...loving your new siggy, the design before your name...that is cute! As is your avatar. Where do you find them all? I am always looking for the "right" one for me but don't think I have yet. Sorry, you are feeling down. And I know there are not words that will help but I do hope it helps knowing we care and we are here for you. I know this is a sad time for you without you mom and I wish there was something I could do for you. I hope tomorrow you will be surrounded by family to help ease the pain of missing your mom.

Ms BEP...are ya out there? Come out, come out wherever you are...lol. Hoping to see you posting soon.

Well, ladies...I thought I would stop in and say Hi and wish you all a Merry Christmas since I was doing nothing. I am supposed to be doing some prep work for tomorrow and some baking but really don't feel like it. It is definitely going to be weird with one of us missing tomorrow but I am happy that we at least had some time this month with Josh...that meant so much to me and him. A little sad today but I will be okay. More feeling sick than anything else. V had something last week, not sure what but some guys at work told him about some medicine you take for 4 days and it knocks it out. He called his doc and it worked whatever it was. Now I feel like I am coming down with it. So not sure we will make Midnight Mass tonight, a little sad about that. May feel better later but I don't know. I really do need to do some baking and laundry. We are going to the movies tomorrow and then will have a small Christmas dinner when we get back. Not sure what we are seeing but will try to catch an early matinee. So...take care ladies and I hope you all have a blessed day with the ones you love!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #51  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

JULES...I know it will be hard when DD goes to college, but atleast it's in Portland, and only about 45 minutes away, and she can come home on weekends if she wants to.

CRISTINA...Thank you for your kind words and hugs. My avatar is one off my Yahoo mail account. There are so many you can create there, and then you have to size it down with the paint accessory program with your computer.

I HOPE ALL OF YOU LADIES ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH ALL YOUR FAMILIES, AND THAT YOU HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:42 AM   #52  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I think part of the problem is DD doesn't know what she really wants. I will wait until Friday for my Amazon package and then if it's not here I want a refund and I will go to Borderd and get the books. The kids say that I am more upset than they are.

Well Merry Christmas everyone!! I will try to get back this evening.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:44 AM   #53  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Merry Christmas Everybody!

So Has Santa come to visit????
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #54  
One day at a time

MERRY CHRISTMAS and !

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

SASSY...we haven't even opened gifts yet, lol. DD & DS decided they were going to sleep in...very late. Didn't go to the show with us. I felt bad leaving them but it was their choice so...we went anyway. Went to see The Pursuit of Happiness and I really liked it. I am so sensitive I swear...it made me cry. Anytime I see lots of homeless people it breaks my heart. So are you enjoying your day?

JULES...think we will wait a few days...I figure it's the mail but V is going to check our account and see if the money has been taken out. I am not sure about Amazon but the majority of places I've ordered from before don't charge you until the order is being shipped. So...since we can't find out anything online thru amazon this will help. At least we will know it was shipped, I think. I think it sounds like DD is just protecting herself from possibly being hurt again, and she's young so... Does anyone know what they want? I sure don't, lol. She'll know when the right one comes along and she finds out he's not a creepy stalker.

MICHELLE...you're lucky your DD will be close enough to home to come home on the weekends. What would we do without our kids? I know I would be lost.

Hi ya everyone else! Hope you all are enjoying your day.

As I said above...we went to the movie and now been back and got the ham in the oven and everything ready to be cooked as soon as the ham is almost done. We don't normally eat until 6 so it will probably be around that time. And then we'll open gifts after. I remember the days when the kids couldn't wait toopen gifts...getting up at the crack of dawn...now we are lucky if we can drag them up before noon. It's like it's an all day sleep fest for them, lol. Anywhoo...take care ladies!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #55  
ugggg.....

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say HI!!!! Hope everyone stays safe over the next Holiday!!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #56  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,
My head hurts!! Step dad gave me some brandy last night to sleep,,,,,,,hmmm, wow. I don't think I have ever been more drunk - lol I called Michael and chatted away , I thought I was slurring my words...and this morning he asked how much I had drunk and I said "little, little bit" ......swear......he just said I seemed chatty, never seen me that way and said he would go out and buy me some brandy now,,,,lol

I have lost 2 pounds this week!

Lovely avatar Michelle I thought of you on Christmas when I went to see my fathers gravesite. It is so hard, I hope you are hanging in there. HUGS

I better go. Chat more later!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #57  
One day at a time

Howdy Chickies!

SUSAN...brandy? Ick! Lol...I don't think I have ever tired the stuff. Funny Michael thought you were a little chatty...maybe you did have a little too much, lol. I know if I were to drink anything it doesn't take much for me to get a buzz. Hey...WTG on the 2 pounds!

Hi ya JULES!hope you are not working too hard.

Yeppers, MICHELLE...like your new avatar too! You always find such cute ones!

Not much going on with me...running errands and getting stuff done around the house. Supposed to get some icky weather later this evening, or tonight-rain and snow sometime. Think the snow was coming later, like Friday or Saturday...don't know. Anyway...better get going. Need to go help V...he's painting Jason's room and man that stuff is stinking bad. Don't remember paint smelling this bad before, really strong. Okay, starting to babble.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day. Lots of hugs to you all!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #58  
ugggg.....

Susan--brandy--ick--my nanny used to use Rock-n-Rye whiskey as cough syrup and I believe she put brandy in her coffee.....hugs to you missing your Dad during the holiday season

Michelle--I have to agree you and Sassy both find great avatars and I love both of your signatures....

Sassy--Where are you girlie!!!

Cristina--should be off until Monday but I am going in some in the morning, there are a couple of things that have to be done for the start of the new year....

Katy--how did dh like his sweater??

Bep--have you left us forever like Shawna and SusanNYC and the rest.....
Old 12-29-2006, 06:39 AM   #59  
ugggg.....

Closing this one and moving to #20--Hope to see you there!!