Old 12-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #16  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

HI CRISTINA...Yes, my DD said the tattoo on the foot is a very sensitive place to get the tattoo, but she loves it, and it is very cute. I have a butterfly with some flowers that go down into a v-shape on my right ankle, and thumper and a band around by left ankle. Your tattoo sounds so nice and what a loving thing to do in memory of your son, and your DH's tattoo also. I know your time is coming to an end with Josh, and I'm sure he's not tired of you at all! You're such a loving and kind person to everyone! I had the dreadful ultrasound done yesterday, and the technician said my doctor would definitely have the results back for my appointment late today. I just don't want to have to go on hormone pills, and someone on another thread already said they are horrible to be on too, which doesn't make me feel any better. Well I hope you have fun at Wally World, and I'll talk to you again soon!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:29 AM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all!

Hope your all staying warm!!!!!!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

MICHELLE...your tattoos sound pretty. Hoping the ultra sound went well and you don't have to take the pills. I've only know two people who took them and not sure, but I don't think I've seen a change in them. My mother has taken them for quite a few years now. Maybe it just depends on the person and how it affects each one. I don't know...I'm no doctor for sure.

Hiya SASSY! Trying to stay warm here...it is so cold here too. Supposed to warm up some later today and especially tomorrow.

Well, I have tons to do today to prepare for tomorrow. We are having our Christmas Dinner since Josh is home. Can't believe it is here already and Josh will be leaving Monday morning, early. I've got some prep work to do, took the turkey out (probably should have done that yesterday) and have a cake to make and a pumpkin pie as well. I don't look forward to all this cooking...seems like Thanksgiving was just yesterday and I think I am still tired from that, lol! Later on we are headed to Old Cowtown...hoping it's not a muddy mess and all the snow has melted. We still have a little left in the back by the fence and in the front close to the house.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all are staying warm.

Take care and I hope everyone has a good weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #19  

Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to let you all know what my doctor had to say. Thank you all for your concerns and prayers! My doctor said that the ultrasound showed my ovary looked really good and nothing wrong with it then. She said the horrible pain I've had off and on could have been cysts that I've had, but when they rupture, then the pain goes away. She said that the horrible pain I had on Monday, and then that it just all the sudden went away, could have been a cyst that had burst, and it wouldn't show up in the ultrasound unless it hadn't burst yet. She said she will still do surgery on me to remove the ovary if I want to, it's my choice. She said cysts can keep coming and going. She's so booked up that she cannot even do surgery until Feb or March, so I can always change my mind if I decide to, but I would have to be on hormone pills after surgery. Also, she said the surgery isn't done vaginally, but she first tries to go through where she inserts the camera lapriscopically?? and if that won't work, she would then have to make an incision through my abdomen, which is still a very long healing process of atleast 4-6 weeks. I've got times to think about it, but when the pain does come, it's absolutely horrible!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #20  
ugggg.....

Michelle--I like your new avatar!! When I was 30 I had more severe TOM's than usual and even had pain in between times. They did the ultrasound and it showed nothing. I had the out patient procedure with the scope to see if maybe it was endometriosis (sp?). He told me that if there were problems he would take out up to one ovary but not do a hysterectomy without waking me up to talk about it. Well it turned out that what they had thought was just a large ovary was a cyst the size of a lemon wrapped around my ovary and they removed my right ovary and the cyst. The recovery time wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had heard horror stories but because the incision is very small it isn't as bad as when they used to make a large one. I ended up with a few small incisions since they did remove the ovary. It did slow down my walking. I had been up to four miles a day and I just couldn't make it. I was tired longer than the 4-6 weeks but I was actually back to work in 4. They didn't have to remove everything so I didn't need any hormones. They did say if it was endometriosis that it would continue to be painful and there was not much they could do except remove everything. My dd has problems with cysts too. It is really painful for her, but she gets a lot of little ones that either disolve on their own or burst but don't grow large enough to have to remove.They do cause her alot of pain though.
I say do the procedure, it may be something easily fixed or at least you will know what is causing the pain and the recovery time was well worth it. The pain would double me over. I hope this relieves some of your worries. I will be thinking of you.

Cristina--enjoy Josh! We will be here for you when he goes back!!

Hi Sassy!!

Katy-I am knitting scarves and hoping DH goes and pays for my January knitting class soon, if not I am just going to take care of it myself!! We went with friends on Friday to the mall to hear their daughter sing. It was fun and brought back memories!!

Hey there Miss SuzyQ!! Hope you come back soon!!

gotta go--ds and his gf are coming out to eat today.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #21  

JULES...Thanks for the compliment on my avatar! WOW, you have had to go through a lot too, and I also feel so sorry for your DD. The pain can sometimes be just so unbearable. When my doctor did my hysterectomy last year, she did take my left ovary out, because it had many cysts on it and it was very enlarged, but she said the right ovary was perfect and had nothing wrong with it. These past couple of days, I've still had just a little pain here and there, but NOTHING like it was on Monday! That day was horrible! I hope you and DH have lots of fun with your DD and her BF today!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #22  
ugggg.....

Michelle--I hope you start feeling better soon!! We had a great time today, though I probably ate more than I should have!!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Gurls!

Hi Gurls!

Its been warm here lately! In the 40's! HEATWAVE!

Michelle - I'm glad that everything turned out okay for ya. My mom had a Cyst Rupture and she said it was EXTREMELY painful. She also has had a hysterectomy, but they kept her Ovaries in as well, as she didn't want to be on the hormones either.

Jules -- You don't like my new Avatar? LOL! Just teasin. I like everybodys holiday Avatars, they all are pretty.

Hi Cristina -- Hope your enjoying your time with Josh. I know time is running out, but we will be here for ya hon!

Hi Everybody else!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #24  

SASSY...Thank you for your kind words. I like your avatar, kinda sexy there!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #25  
ugggg.....

Sassy--yes, I LOVE your avatar, Tinkerbell rocks!!

Hi Michelle and everyone else!!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #26  
RosieKate

Hi Everyone!
Ditto what everyone else said about Tink - cute!

I finished knitting the sweater- whew! Now I need to sew it up, knit a neckband, and block it......

Week's going pretty well foodwise - we'll see what happens when I weigh in on Thursday

Have a great day gals
Old 12-15-2006, 06:54 AM   #27  
ugggg.....

Hi Katy!! Good luck with the weigh in!!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #28  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick note. I started not feeling very well early last night, and I was up most of the night sick, I guess with a flu bug. When I weighed myself, I have lost four pounds, but I'm not changing my ticker, because I know it's from being sick and isn't my true weight. My hubby is on his way to Kaiser, because he thinks he broke his left middle finger. Tonight we have his department's Christmas dinner to go to so I will be making my homemade chocolate chip cookies and cheese augratin potatoes today. I hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #29  
ugggg.....

Hi!! I hope everyone is okay. I am doing some housework and then off to the gym!!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #30  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies!

KATY...WTG on getting the sweater done! And glad the food is going well. How are you doing with the program? Are you liking it?

MICHELLE...ouch! sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and about DH's finger. Hope it wasn't broken and hope you are feeling better. How was the Christmas party? The potatoes and cookies sound yummy.

JULES...hope you got in a good workout!

MS SUZYQ...where the heck are ya? Hope all is well with you and Miss Gaby.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm not, lol! Just wanting it to be over already, sort of. Wasn't really in the Christmas spirit this year.

I hadn't been to It Figures in three weeks now and I decide this morning I need to get my arse back in there and stop at the post office on the way first (thank goodness-they were horrible and even worse when I finally got out of there) so when I got to where I turn to go to It Figures Charlotte was going to her car to leave. What? This was at 10:30 and she is usually open until noon at which time she closes and comes back at 3:00. Kind of pissed me off because this is a business and she doesn't run as such. She went in with another lady and that woman has nothing to do with it now because she needs the money and has to work another job so when Charlotte has errands to run she tries to get someone to fill in for her or she closes whenever. Ummm, okay...I didn't know this was how she ran the place until I joined. Anyway...so much for that. I am just going to get a work out at home today I guess. Well...

HAPPY MONDAY LADIES! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote