Old 11-14-2006, 02:19 AM   #106  
fatter than U

Cool if life gives you lemons...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KIWI!!!!!!!!!! You'd think after all this time I would write these things down on my calendar, but noooooo. Very amusing that your mom thought you were 53. When we were in Vancouver someone asked my dad how old I was and he said "Hmmm, let's see. About 29, I think". And he meant it! Gotta love the guy.

Random thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
You've been blowing us off for real life??? Gee whiz.
If you believe that, I've got some swamp land in Florida to show you. Peaches knows where it is.

Quote:
I'm not putting up with this (see below) for the rest of my natural life, regardless of how much DH enjoys the squalor look. Horrifying, isn't it? Yes, that really is our kitchen ceiling.
That is REALLY scary. Amazing how long men will just let things go, pretending not to notice. We've got SO many repair projects around here to do. I'd do them myself if I could, but some of them are just physically out of my league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
My house is so so so messy. How do we clean up? I missed that lesson completely. Does it involve builiding on extra rooms for storage? Is that what Sugar's doing? Building on extra kitchens? Such a good idea. I once lived in a house that had been owned and occupied by two unmarried sisters. The house was ranch style and long and they had kitchens at each end.
I don't know how we clean up. My house is just a disaster area and when I look at the piles of stuff I want to run away. Or shovel it all out with a bulldozer and start over. Two kitchens would mean more mess for me - I'll stick to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
I miss so much being a new cow in the herd... Lush and peach are related???? I didnot know dis!!!
Well, in their own minds they are. Schatz, did you ever make the aquaintance of Letty and Marcella? They used to drop by from time to time, but I think they must have forgotten their passwords by now.

Kiwi...Time to pull a TAWANDA!!! on that ceiling! You with a hatchet... DH far away..

Quote:
Sugar a new kitchen!!! How FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the demolition picks! Sugarfamily roasting food outside on the hibatchi!!! in snowsuits!!!
I'm hoping it won't come to that! But there will be pics for sure. If I can ever find the battery charger for the bigger, better camera. It's been AWOL for weeks now and I haven't a clue where to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Urban sprawl is on the move!!!! The annexation passed! Whooo-hooooo, -----------------------I think, now did I really want to move? ------------ I'm sure I'll be doing a little boo-hooing too when they mow down my house.
Oooh, Wabs, how exciting! Yes, you'll be sad to see the house go, but a new start will put wind into your sails. Or something. And moving gives you a chance to get rid of tons of crap.

Quote:
I I have bursitis in my hip (I already knew that) and some tendonitis thing in my elbow with a long name. Tennis elbow, I'm sure...
Ouchy! I had that elbow thing once and it HURT. DH gets it from playing tennis and working around the house and he finds one of those stretchy bandage/support things really helps. What does bursitis feel like? One of my hips acts up now and then and I have no idea what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Cow
Still sparking. Weighed in at 83-even today.
I was aiming for 83 on Monday, but now I'm kind of hoping to be under that number by Monday.
Way to go, Cherry! You're getting there. I still love getting your little Perfect messages once in a while. Reminds me to keep going.

Quote:
Ezzackly. I understand how they feel, my parents are in a similar position with my brother. He is always in financial straits and they have helped him a lot, but they don't want to just keep shovelling money to him.
Ahh, where have I heard this before? My parents do the same thing with one of my brothers and his family. My dad just fumes sometimes at how they handle their money.

Quote:
I'm a month ahead of schedule with school. There are 4 tests in this course, and I've already completed all the reading, assignments and lectures and got 100 on 2 of the tests ..
Gahhh! You are just toooo smart. Could you please come over and give me a lesson in time management and prioritizing of tasks? And whooo! on the 4 lbs! Smart AND slim!

Bagzie! They should have used me a as a guinea pig in that alcohol study - EVERY kind of alcohol gives me a hangover/headache. Even alcohol free beer!

Must go now. Did anyone notice that I somehow lost 10 whole lbs? I can't believe it, mostly because it doesn't really show. The lard flaps just somehow get flappier. I guess they're turning into skin flaps now. Ewww. I've been exercising my big butt off lately, not really worrying about calorie intake. I seem to have to eat next to nothing if I do diet only and that's not good.

Later, cowies!
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #107  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Ten Pounds!!!! You Will Have To Get Back Here And Explain That Right Away------------that Is Only A Dream For This Herd!!!---------except For Wabbs------------you Lost That Much Lately Right?????? Start Explaining Yourselves Or You May Face Eviction From The Compound!!!!! Strap On Those Feedbags And Get Talking!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #108  
The magic shrinking cow

Look at skinny Sugar P! It must be the Perfect messages!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #109  

OMG! I missed Kiwi's birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Kiwi!!!!!! There goes that memory again......

I'm a proud loser of 13 pounds. 'course I was a mortified gainer of 20 in the not too distant past, so I don't know if it counts. Sugar, very impressive that you lost it exercising. I've been hardly eating a thing and not exercising at all. I'm probably screwing up my metabolism, but I'm basically lazy so that's how I lose. I eat very little carbs (whole wheat mostly), some protein and fruit, and tons of veggies. How are you doing it Schatzi? still hanging around that South Beach? ........and about those lard flaps ---- as I lose weight, I'm getting a turkey gobbler....bwaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Schatz, you are just tooooo smart! You sound like yer lovin' being a school girl!

Quote:
And moving gives you a chance to get rid of tons of crap.
Sugar, they've told us that anything we don't want, we can leave and they'll throw it into the tub grinder along w/ the rest of our house. Maybe I'll just pack a suitcase and my toothbrush and walk away from the mess. Actually I don't want to think of my house pulverized into a little pile of debris.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #110  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I think I'll start my 21 day challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Kiwi!!!!!!
Thanks m'dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
Sugar, they've told us that anything we don't want, we can leave and they'll throw it into the tub grinder along w/ the rest of our house. Maybe I'll just pack a suitcase and my toothbrush and walk away from the mess. Actually I don't want to think of my house pulverized into a little pile of debris.
Wow, what a concept! Imagine moving and not having to clean out and clean up behind you. I wonder how much it costs to rent a tub grinder... I know what you mean though, about your poor house! Bad enough knowing that no one will live in it after you leave, but total destruction? It's so final! You'll have to take a few structural things that you like from the house, either to re-use or even just as a memory collage. The great thing is you don't have to take one single thing you don't like! Do you think you'll be able to take some of your garden with you?

Tonight is flyball class. I hope Jet is better behaved this week than last. Last week all she wanted to do was check out the cats in cages they have at the pet store. I didn't even realize they were there for a while until she had pestered the heck out of them. I thought she was just sniffing the merchandise. Then she just wanted to leave the store. She almost did too, because she got away from me once and headed to the door which opened automatically!! Fortunately I was able to step on the leash before she actually got out. I don't know how to calm her down before we get there. Riding in the car gets her so excited she's like a wound spring when we finally get out. I guess maybe I should go earlier to give her a chance to settle down. I'm not at all sure that would work though. We could run up and down the food aisles at the pet store.

Of course it's pouring today so a really good run outside isn't going to happen either. Yesterday we tried to walk down by the lake and the water had come up enough that all we could walk on were slippery rocks. It was not fun.

Also we have all the materials for the roof to be fixed, but our roofer can't do anything because of the pouring rain. Meanwhile we have 4 tubs catching drips in the kitchen. I would love to pulverize this place.

I am very impressed with everyone's progress!! Except mine!! I've got to get going on the exercise. DH is applying to a job...Everyone cross your fingers and think jobbish thoughts! It's almost enough to make me religious, how much I want him to get this job. What does his employment have to do with me exercising? Good question... Well, as long as the weather's decent I can take walks, but if it's going to do nothing but rain (and soon, snow) I'll need to exercise indoors. There's only one place in my house where this is even remotely possible; in the living room. Guess who's watching tv in the living room at this very moment? Now, don't get me wrong, he is very accommodating and would happily give up the living room to me if I want to exercise in there. However he would then be in the computer room and back and forth through the living room every 5 minutes to go to the bathroom or the kitchen or what have you. This does not work for me, I can tell you. I used to try to time my exercise tapes to do while he was out of the house, but I gave up.

Have a good day, y'all.

Kiwet, very wet
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #111  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I have started a new thread

and for the impaired, all you have to do is Click Here. Isn't that accommodating of me?

It seems that I am going to have to remind myself every single day that I am doing a 21 day challenge or I will completely forget it. If I hadn't come back to this thread to let you know I started a new thread, I think the challenge would never have crossed my mind again.

So anyway, new thread. Be there or be square.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote