Old 11-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #36

Good Evening, Flowers! It is getting colder as the evening goes on and the wind has started blowing. I guess they are predicting snow for northeastern Iowa tonight and into tomorrow . . . like
8"+! Talk about a shock after several really nice 70 - 80 degree days! I stayed after school to help some students with math -- the teacher they have now for pre-algebra is teaching it in a different way than the algebra teacher for next year teaches it. I feel sorry for the kids who struggle with math because they never will "get" it.

Maggie -- Yes, we have IPERS for public employees when they retire. I was offered early retirement last year which is available after 15 years with the district. I do like my job for the most part and have a feeling I might become an on-call long distance babysitter if I retired right now. Congratulations on losing a pound! We only have one inside cat now . . . "Mom." We have no way of knowing why, but both Maggie and Leonard developed masses of some sort last year about this time, and that's about the time we decided to start filtering our drinking water. We also have a HUGE black tom cat who has chased everyone else out of the neighborhood. He is really spooky and comes to eat right at dawn or dusk. This spring we moved two pregnant females to the farm. I hated doing it but our cat hating neighbor was setting the live trap again.

Gail -- It sounds like you are retirement busy! That's what our friends who have retired keep telling us. Bob says he is going to quit working but not tell anyone at the office, so he can get paid for a year or two afterwards. Congratulations on losing .6 pound this week! Every ten tenths adds up to a pound and you're almost there. Do both of your daughters live close by? I don't think we are having any more babies. I love the baby stages!

"Gma" -- Well, I totally ignored Eric today in study hall. He kept trying to catch my eye and I was busy helping others. I kept a running total of how many times he was told to turn around, be quiet, get busy, etc., by the other teacher. With 5 min. left in the period she offered to walk him out to his "new" room but he declined. When I got out there 8th hour, he had been in the "room" 7th period and was staying for 8th. The asst. principal came out to talk to him and slammed the door shut. Then the yelling started. The kid I was helping looked at me and asked if "that guy" could shut the door and be alone with the student. I laughed and said, "well, he did and I'm not going to open it!" The BD teacher kept him until 4:30 (we get out at 3:27) and he kept saying he was going to leave. She stood in the doorway and he'd back away. She did say he was really mad. Maybe he will behave better tomorrow. I'm not really afraid of him but wouldn't especially want to meet him one-on-one outside of school. With special ed. students the only way you can get rid of them is to file assault charges against them. He has 7 other teachers and 3 aides who have documented his behavior for 9+ weeks so I don't think he would target me in particular except that I don't argue with him; I give him two warnings and then I either remove him from the room or give him detention. The special ed. director thinks we should give him more warnings and I invited her to come and spend a couple days with him. Haven't seen her yet. He never makes up detention so then I can turn the time into the office and they have to deal with him. He is a piece of work for sure.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! I am ready!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies! We are getting Jean's nice warm weather yesterday and today then it dips back into the
50's. It did this last year too and everyone was walking around with colds because of it I think. Hopefully we won't get sick this season, but we haven't gotten flu shots yet either, which we should hunt them up and get.

You are NOT going to believe this. Jack's foot pad under his big toe swelled up like a balloon last night. He has only been off the prednisone, Wed and Thurs. He had to change his allery appt because he has no sick time, has to take the day off because the testing is like 4 hours long, and if he takes it without pay, they will write him up and he gets disciplined. He doesn't want that so he is waiting until the 29th and will have a sick day earned by then. We are going to have a time of it with his sick days and such with this allergy thing I am afraid. I hope we can work it out so that we can get his appts in the afternoon because his cardiologist appts have to be in the morning. He earns a sick day a month and has a cardiologist appt in Feb again so at least he will have time then. We tried to get it on MLK day, but the doctor is only seeing NEW patients that day, darn it!

I have half a sleeve to go on T's brown tweed sweater than sew up the right seam and sleeve in and it is done. I need to go out tonight and get the black and white yarn for his Beatles cardigan. I hope the buttons are here by the end of next week because I can't make the buttonholes without them. The pattern uses 1 1/4 inch buttons and the Beatle buttons are 1 inch so I have to adjust, which I have never done. Actually, have never done buttonholes so we shall see. I don't think it is hard, though just yarnovers and increases I think.

Jean: I take it this kid isn't old enough to just quit school or his parents are demanding he stay in school? He does sound like a corker though. I don't understand why the Algebra teachers don't have to coordinate to make sure the kids are being taught the same way. The stuff can be confusing anyway without having to learn a couple different ways. At this stage of the game, I am sure I wouldn't be able to get past a very very simple equation. Give me literature, vocabulary, grammer and I can still run with the big guns, but I am sunk with upper math skills! I had lousy teachers for one thing.

I have all my morning chores and weekly cleaning done so I get to piddle around and do nothing today. I am waiting for several books from my book club and they may get here today so I may take a breather from the knitting this afternoon if they come.

Have a good Friday and good weekend!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #3  

Good Morning, Flowers! NO SCHOOL in my neighborhood today! :flow: When I got up it was raining turning to snow and by 8:00 we couldn't see across the street. We have a phone calling tree at school and at 7 I got the call for a two hour late start. Of course I'm ready to walk out the door pretty much. I just got the "no school" call so now I'm all ready and no place to go! I have plenty of things I should be doing -- ironing, more catalogs to sort through, hunt up Ian's birthday gifts and wrap them, read my book, etc., etc. A fresh cup of coffee and the book sound like the best options right now.

"Gma" -- I sure hope the allergist can figure out what is causing Jack's swelling, and hopefully it will be something simple that he can eliminate from his life. I can use sick days for doctor's appts. if I have to, and Bob is pretty much his own boss so he can come and go if/when necessary. I know there are people who take advantage, but I feel for someone like Jack who is trying to take care of his health in spite of the employer's rules. The math teachers do coordinate their so called methods except two teachers can teach exactly the same thing and it comes across as different to the kids. The algebra teacher got her masters in special ed. so she has much more patience and seems to explain in more detail than the pre-algebra teacher who is first and foremost a pe teacher with a math minor. I look for this co-teaching to last another year or two before they decide to try something different again. I think the basic algebra concept is sort of like riding a bike -- it will come back to you. Our teachers require the students to take notes and of course they'd rather ask for help than look at their notes.

My first load of laundry is done so I had better keep moving. Maybe I will get most of my Saturday chores done today. Hope your day is a good one!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 11-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! Boy, we went from the 80's to the 50's! Of course Jean went from the 80's to SNOW so who am I to complain!

I finally got the second sweater finished. It was bugging me so I looked at it, wasn't happy with the seaming and ripped the sleeve and right seam out and redid it yesterday. I was having trouble with the way I was supposed to seam it so it took me most of the day to figure it out. I think I ripped it out 4 times! Well, I wasn't stupid enough to do the whole thing. I would do a small section and look at it. I belong to a knit forum where the lady that is the forum owner has videos of pretty much anything you need to learn. I kept watching how to do it and never caught on to why I couldn't figure it out. Well, around 1 PM yesterday afternoon after watching it a bazillion times a light bulb moment This finishing stitch you do right side to right side NOT inside out. Once I started that it did fine! I think for my first attempt at a sweater that you pieced together I did a fair job.

It is going to be quiet here today. I think we are just going to hang out at the house. I can now continue on the baby sweater I had started before I started T's sweaters until my Beatles buttons get here and I can go get the yarn for the cardigan.

Thomas is going to have sweater overload this year, but the first two were started when I wasn't sure whether Jack would be back to work and I needed something to give him for Christmas in case Jack hadn't started drawing paychecks again. The Beatles sweater was just something I wanted to do for him because he loves the Beatles so much.

Jean: How did you eventually come out in the snow war? I know you were saying they were predicting 8". At least you got a snow day and no babysitting teenagers. How was the book, or did you end up doing sorting and Christmas wrapping and such? I have to get boxes before I can start wrapping. I haven't bought much except some books for Thomas. Luckily, most of his stuff is square and easy to wrap. I have to SHIP gifts to son and dil this year and I dread that. I am kind of at a loss what to even buy the adult kids this year.

Well, I need to do some chores, read or knit for awhile then I may sneak back up to bed for a couple hours. I got tired of sharing my side of the bed with the cat and dog this morning. They cling to me at night like Saran Wrap and push me right to the edge. We bought this big beautiful king sized bed in January and all I get is the edge. I push them over and pretty soon I am back on the edge again!

Have a wonderful Saturday and do something fun this weekend!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-30-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #5  

Good Morning, Flowers! I'm online to look for a recipe, but also wanted to check in with you. The sun is shining brightly . . . I hope the snow melts today! I need to make a grocery list and head for the store. Should have done that yesterday and put it off thinking of all the crazy drivers who would be out and about. I don't know why, but the OLD (no offense intended ) senior citizens wait until Friday afternoon to do their errands and they hold everyone back who is in a hurry. I hope I can remember that when I am OLD and I will shop some other time!

"Gma" -- Bob thinks we got around 4 - 5" of snow; it is the wet heavy kind that bends the tree branches way down and snaps power lines if the wind is blowing very hard. I did end up reading for awhile yesterday, did some laundry, and rounded up Ian's birthday gifts. I'm hoping to get them wrapped today. The sweater looks GREAT! Thank you for sharing the picture with us. What would be the difference if you finished the sweater seams wrong size out or right sides together? I am confused now! I think we are going to give the "big" kids gift cards to places like WM, Sears, Penneys, etc., and then wrap up something small for them to open. I always wrap the gift cards and cash in different sized boxes to keep them guessing. "Mom" likes it when I turn on the electric blanket before I go to bed. I preheat my side and then turn it off when I settle in. Bob usually leaves his side on low and can't figure out why Mom is always tangled up in his feet.

I need to keep moving! Have a GRREEEAAAATTTTT day as Tony the Tiger would say!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #6  

It is a brrrrrr morning in my part of the world this morning and I imagine it is pretty cold in all of your parts of the world too! I took the cat litter out to the garbage and walked out to the trash can in my bare feet and it was certainly chilly!

Jean: Knitting seams that don't show is exactly opposite of hand sewing. To make seams that don't show you sew right side to right side. The stitches make a "V" and inbetween each "V" is a sort of straight line of yarn. What you do is pick up that straight piece of yarn with the yarn needle and pull the yarn underneath it then do it on the exact other side. If you do it correctly when you get to the bottom or top depending on where you started, you can pull the piece of yarn you used to sew it up with and it pulls all the stitches together making an invisible seam. I am hardly proficient at this yet, so I just do each side and pull them as I go. I got a laugh out of your "old" exlanation because anyone under about 30 would think WE old! Today I kind of feel old. The cold has gotten into my bones this morning in my shoulder and it is aching a bit. I don't suppose it could be from rolling out a double portion of egg noodles, cutting them etc and then having knit like a fiend for the last 3-4 days. I also had to take out part of the baby sweater I am now knitting about 3 times and start back. If I am doing knitting where I need to pay attention, I shouldn't have the tv on, even on something I could care less about like college football, which is what dominates on Saturdays here. I kept hearing stuff then asking ??? of Jack and then finding I goofed up something!

My poor husband! His body has gone on the offensive! Like I said before, his last steroid pill was on Tuesday and he had a swelling episode on Thursday, but all broke loose yesterday. His tongue swelled up in the morning, then in the afternoon his right foot, then his right hand, then in the middle of the night his heel and it looks like there is a tennis ball sitting on his heel and it is bright red and HOT. He has a little over 2 weeks until he goes to the allergist so we just have to buck up until then. Unfortunately, nothing but the steroids helped, not heat or ice, no anti-inflammatory, not any histamine blockers, nothing!

Well, I need to get us some breakfast.
Have a good Sunday ladies!

Faye
Old 11-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun has been playing hide and seek, but it is warm enough that the snow is melting! Yippee! I was up at 5 and out the door at 7, played bells at church then home to make another grocery list because I couldn't find the one I made yesterday and never did make it to the store, headed out to check out a "horse" for Kolby -- ugly, so I'm still looking, grocery shopped with Bob so brought home all kinds of things that weren't on my list, fixed breakfast or lunch, and here I am! I need to go to the Hallmark store and turn in my invitation to get a "free gift" plus look for a couple cards that I need to send out.

"Gma" -- You lost me on the knitting seams together explanation! I'm glad that it turned out and you had the patience to do it right. I laugh at kids because if someone has a birthday, invariably they will ask how old I am. They have guessed anywhere between 25 and 42!! I just tell them I am 72 and have been for the last few years. Then they ask how old my kids are and I also tell them I have grandchildren. Some still have no clue that if Jason is 33, I would have to be older than 25! I turned gray early, but when I was a kid I always pictured gray haired people as "old!" Is there some reason that Jack can't be on the steroids for the swelling? I sure feel for him, and you too!

Have a nice afternoon and do something nice for yourselves. Tomorrow is marvelous Monday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies! Hope your Monday has started out well. I am up early trying to get a good start on the cleaning today. I really need to get out onto the deck and blow out the first batch of leaves because the landscaper people come tomorrow and I would like to have them at the corner for them to pick up. I also want to get the patio furniture put up in the garage for the winter. I doubt I get it done, though as I have a lot I want to get done in the house today.

Jean: Sorry if I confused you on the seaming issue. It is just that if you use a whip stitch or a back stitch on knitting, the seam shows and if you do it this other way, it doesn't. Are you looking for the big "hobby" horses that have the springs that connect them to the base or one of those plastic riding ones, or what? What does Bob take for his hives? The steroids were given to him in the hospital and they gave him just enough for the tongue issue to abate and wanted him to then see an allergist. Besides, Jack does NOT want to be on steroids long term. His mom took steroids for years for a brain tumor that was removed when he was in high school and it finally damaged her heart and killed her. He is too leery of doing it long term. I am almost positive he has a form of hives that was caused by the trauma/extreme stress of having his heart operation. Everything I have read about hives/angioedemia urticaria and it pretty much fits the bill. I imagine Bob can't do a whole lot for it when he has an attack because everything I have read kind of indicates no one knows exactly what to do for them. Jack has 4 different areas swell up between Friday night and Saturday night. It just is the oddest thing.

I guess I better get out of here for now. Jack is about ready to leave for work and I have the kitchen to clean up after his breakfast.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Faye
Old 11-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #9  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Happy Monday! I love Mondays now. I also like Sunday evenings because I don't have to go to work on Monday!

I haven't been around because my eyes give me problems sometimes. Over the weekend I tried a new brand of eyeliner. I should have known better--my eyes got irritated, red, and just plain felt awful so I've stayed away from the computer and reading. I've knitted a little bit but not much. I've started a new project--pink fingerless gloves. I love the name of the pattern: What Happened to My Fingers Fingerless Gloves.

Jean, I had to take early retirement and I couldn't have done that if I hadn't been over 55 with 15 years service. (I'll be 56 in March and I have almost 20 years of service.) Which means I took a pension reduction which isn't too bad. I'm just thankful I have a pension!

Faye, I was thinking about your husband and wondering how he's doing and then I read in your last post he's not doing well at all! He must feel miserable.

I'm scared...no, I feel intimidated to knit a sweater. Even a tiny sweater. Seamming doesn't sound like fun at all. But Faye, you make it sound easy to do!

Thank goodness we didn't get snow Jean but we certainly have had a lot of rain. It's still raining as a matter of fact. Very dreary.

I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving! Where has the time gone to? And I thought I was doing so well with Christmas present buying this year--I think I've fallen behind. I'll probably be one of those crazy people out on Black Friday shopping. We crazy people must be amongst out own kind, I guess!
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailR View Post

I'm scared...no, I feel intimidated to knit a sweater. Even a tiny sweater. Seamming doesn't sound like fun at all. But Faye, you make it sound easy to do!
I laughed right out loud at this. I ripped out the brown sweater FOUR TIMES before I halfway figured it out and thank goodness it isn't a 4-H project or I would get drummed out of the 4-H! The ladies on knitting forum just keep encouraging me to keep trying new stuff. One of the problems I had was the sweater was such a dark color it was hard to see where to stitch it. I am going to be making him a black and white Beatles one so that may go a bit better. All I can do is try my best.

I have half my housework done that I wanted to accomplish but have to take a breather. I went out for 90 minutes and cleaned the deck, put away the patio furniture, put away the bbq grill and blew out the bazillion leaves that have accumulated so far. Now my hands, arms, and shoulders hurt from that dumb blower. The thing is heavy for one thing and vibrates so much from the air blowing through. I am giving myself a break than back at the housework for me. At least I have that outside job done.

You gals all have a wonderful day. Gail, hope your eyes get to feeling better. Jack is doing fine today. All swelling have gone. His tongue swelled up again yesterday morning and that is really the only thing that ever worries us about this.

Faye
Old 11-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #11  

Hello, ladies. Cold and dreary Monday here...of course that is relative to where you are (51 degrees here at noon).

Good news for a change - my husband walked on his prosthesis for the first time today and insurance approval finally came through so all is paid for. Now I have to fight with the hospital because they are saying we owe $5000 on his hospital bill but they never turned in the whole bill to insurance. We've never had to pay more than $100 before so I think they have messed up again.

We rented the Cars DVD over the weekend - really cute movie. Also Lake House which I loved - definitely a chick flick!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:06 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Default Good Morning

It is over cast here this day and will miss a good chance if it doesn't rain. I love the pitter patter of the rain on the roof. I am in here for a quickie before we need to go to townl. Seems like our "top down" days have come to an end this year. I think next year we just may trade the Mustang in for a Jeep. It has over a hundred thousand miles on it and is still running great. They use the Mustang convertibles out here for the drivers training courses. They drive so nicely and still keep going with the high mileage. Plus they are a great looking plastic car. Of late we have been eating out less and less and I am trying some of those delicious looking recipies I have saved for "one day." Glad I did for I belive that "one day" has arrived. I have been having fun making up recipe cards for gals at WW meeting.

JEAN 72! Kids dont have a clue what older folks have as a number, except if you tell them a number in the three didgets. I hope you find that rocking horse. There is a man around here that makes the most beautiful rocking things I have ever seen out of wood. He makes rocking airplanes, trains and has a beautiful Cinderella pumpkin. Other things also. His yard has a 3" tall wooden train winding op the hill. Talented. BTW at what age did you turn gray? I had a friend that turned gray at 16 and she had the most luscuous head of hair.

FAYE I can imagine that the tongue swelling would cause the most concern but the other swellings can sure be a nuisance for sure. I hope he is able to work with all this going on. I love your seamless sweater thing. I rememger years ago doing that and was so jazzed at how it worked out. I have not knitted in a couple of decades.

GAIL Ouch with the eyes. Alergies can sure cause misery. You don't feel old and I am much older than you and I don't feel old. When I was a little girl folks my age were old. And those kids driving around now don't look like they are old enough to be driving. As I get older those younger look younger. Funny how that works. But I am not old. Thanksgiving is next week? WOW I need to start planning.

SUSANWhat a neat thing that your main squeez can walk again. It will take some getting used to but he will be on his way in no time. Some adjustments will probably have to be made but it will all come together. I know you are happy.

Well ladies I gotta go. Cowboy is loading up Ragg Mopp as I type. RM loves to "go with." Type at you when I get the chance.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #13  

Good Evening from Iowa! My day started off with a "see me" letter from the "***"t. principal! Basically it says that we are supposed to be trained to deal with behavior problems and will be expected to do so. He is in PA for the week which is a good thing for both of us. Enough said about that! I haven't decided my plan of action yet but there will be one. I already know what Bob will say when I tell him.

"Gma" -- I'm looking for the big plastic horse w/springs. I have found several but they either have yarn manes and tails, are ugly and all one color, or else have a sound box for an extra $75! I figure Kolby can make his own sound! Bob took the prescriptions Singulair @ 10mg @ bedtime, Fexofenadine @180mg in the morning (generic for Allegra), and otc Loratadine @ 10mg which is an antihistamine. We are pretty sure that his hives were coming from the part of the root canal that had to be redone since he has not had a hive since July when he had the dental work done. The specialist said it was possible that the hidden root could be sending bacteria into his system and causing the hives. Isn't it warm enough to sit outside during the winter? I guess I thought you were warmer than you are.

Gail -- I hope your eyes are feeling better. I won't be shopping on Black Friday; there is nothing I want bad enough to battle the crowds.

Susan -- I'll bet both you and Stan are excited about the new prosthesis! I'm sure you both are ready for him to be "up and about" again. I hope you can get the insurance straightened out without too much trouble. That is a pain for sure. I would like to see the Cars movie too. I think the kids' movies are much better than some of the adult ones coming out.

Maggie -- I started having a few gray hairs around age 30 and got alot more after having a hysterectomy at age 45. I wouldn't say it is particularly pretty but I don't want the hassle of perms and color. My hair is pretty limp w/o a perm, and I hate spending so much time at the beauty (?) shop.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening. I have to help with the birthday coffee at 7:15 tomorrow morning. I wanted to do egg casserole, fruit, etc., but everyone else on the committee voted for sweet rolls, donuts, muffins, etc. So I'm taking bagels and cream cheese. I also have to take a gallon of oj so think I will haul it all back up to school tonight since they are predicting rain tonight and tomorrow.

Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Arrow

OH JEAN Sorry but I got a chuckle about your having to have "behavior" training. I would think that would be an ongoing thing where you work with all those "ill behavior" kids. We had training and more training all the time to deal with the ones I worked with and so did Will when he was a Behavior Specialist for the State of California ~ now that was a mouth full! Will even wrote some of the "behavior" programs. What happened to Iowa, who once was the leader in education. Ah, but times do change don't they. Training is good ~ all the tools you can get to deal with your charges is better for you. And might even help them. In fact why not ask your boss for some in service training from the "experts" in behavior? Might cost them some money ~ lots in fact.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #15  

Good morning gals! I am now in a foul mood! I got an email from the Better Business Bureau about the complaint I lodged with the company that came out and did the vent cleaning for our dryer. The president of the company LIED in her response. I told you all that my son and dil called to have them come out and do it and that they were going to bill my son. Well she says we stiffed them and refused to pay and there was no conversation with our son! Brother! I was allowed a response and I basically called her a liar and said in my response if they could provide a signed invoice that showed that we excepted the work that was done, we would pay the bill. She says the technicians told us we needed a plumber, which they did not, she said there was never any agreement with our son, she said the techs checked the vent line, which they didn't and on and on. I said in my response this was a he said she said situation and could not be resolved, but until they provided something that indicated I approved of the work with a signature I wasn't paying for substandard work. (they have nothing to prove they were even out here as we weren't even given an UNSIGNED invoice) GRRRRR!

So other than that, how is everyone this morning?

Susan: Oh, that is spectacular news about Stan! Here's hoping you can get the insurance situation cleared up! We have only received the anesthesiology bill from his surgery and we owe $1000 on that.

Maggie: Don't you just love those behaviour programs? I had to use a lot of them when I worked in the mental health industry and each program was written especially for that person so you lugged around this big three ring binder so that you would be sure and do the correct procedure with the correct person. Gets a little hairy when you have a woman who is trying to attack you and you are looking through the book to see how they want it handled! You wanted to use the binder as protection most of the time!

Jean: I know if I was Bob I would say, "Woman, why do you not just tell them to take a hike and retire?" Thanks for the info on Bob. The hospital had Jack on Benadryl, Zantac (same thing basically as the Loratadine, it is a Cox2 inhibitor, which is just fancy for more powerful histamine blocker) and the steroids. He can't take the Benadryl as it makes him sleepy and the Zantac does nothing to relieve anything, so we will just have to wait and find out. Hope you can find Kolby his horse. I am surprised they even make them nowadays since today's toys take all the imagination away from kids. I saw this toy on tv the other day where the mom was all excited about it because it made "real" sounds! Whoopdeedo, the kid can't make the airplane sound himself?

I read the cutest book last night called Blue Christmas. It was about a southern woman who owned an antiques store and things kept coming up missing in her shop or her home, etc, but something would be left behind to replace whatever was taken. It was a nice holiday book. It was a small book and I read it all in one sitting. I am getting in the holiday spirit and I guess we will put up the decorations over the Thanksgiving weekend since we aren't going to Indiana. I still want to get those stockings and mantal hooks I saw in the Penney's catalogue though. They are just fabulous looking and you can't beat it for $10 including monogram.

Well, this is not getting my housework done. I think I am pretty much over the soreness of the workout on the deck. Oh and Jean, it can get pretty cold here in the winter and we usually have at least one little thing of snow. It is in the 50's here right now. I always put away the patio stuff because once it gets into the 50's we don't sit outside.

Have a super Tuesday today gals!

Faye