Old 09-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #16  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good grief am I sore! Oh that Leslie Sansone 4 Mile.

I'm kind of sleepy. I didn't get to bed until after ten, kept waking up until around 1 and then I woke up at 4:05. I hadn't planned on getting so early. I went back to sleep around 4:25 and then managed to peel myself out of bed around 4:5-something. *sigh*

I'm glad I got up though. I'm glad to be back in the game. I've been thinking a lot lately about my physical, spiritual and financial conditions. I'm of the opinion that a generation should always be a little better than the one before it. As you've read from my posts, I have also been thinking a lot about kids lately.

My parents were not wealthy by any means when I was growing up, but I was a tad bit better off than the other kids in my neighborhood. I only went to public school for two years in high school. And that was because I wanted to. I was only allowed to go because it was one of the schools of choice. All seven of us had the opportunity to go to college. I remember some of the other kids I grew up with having had some of their utilities cut off at one time or another. I never experienced that.

Both my parents grew up poor. My father ran away when he was around 13 or 14 and was homeless for 4 or 5 years. He still managed to later acquire property, save my grandmother from losing her house and raise 7 children under one roof. Plus he always worked for himself. I may have some issues with my father, but there's no denying that he's a great man. I may have some issues with my mom, but there's no denying that she's a diligent hard worker.

So my goal is to be a have a better impact on my children than my parents had on us. Healthwise, emotionally and financially. I'm convinced that my physical health ties in with my spiritual and financial health. There all impacted by my strength of commitment and discipline.

Ok, so that's my morning's rant. I hope everyone is ok today.

Aqua - I have a pack of Newports. What kinda smokes you got?

I have to admit that I was sort of disappointed that Angie turned it around on CFC. I was enjoying watching her wig out. It was a guilty pleasure. Oh well. It looks like some things are about get intense with Carnie. So that's great. Maybe Erica and Tina really will get into it. BTW, Harvey seems so subdued this season. Maybe Dr Ian will lose it instead. Or Dr. Linda! Wouldn't be great if the psychiatrist actually lost it?!! I'm so awful...

Last edited by Amany; 09-18-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #17  

Hi Melissa missed your post like always. I hope you have a fantastic day.
Maybe you can give yourself half the day off on Sunday. Or just dinner time. I'm sure you'll come up with something.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #18  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning Ladies , I hope that everyones weekend has went well. So far I have eaten my Breakfast and wanted to check in before I went andstarteed my workout. I am soo excited that BL is comming on Wed I have goined the BL group . Hoping that it will give me alot of encouragment to keep it going I loved to watch that last year I would watch it and ride my Bike while it was on.
I see that everyone is doing good.
Britt I know what you are going threw my son jest turned 17 and I have been telling him about buckling down in school and get it over with. He has already taken the exit exam in 10 grade and passed it now all he has to do is get the credits to get out of school. With his joint disease I have been telling him he needs to have a good education his meds(shots) cost 1500 a month and no fly by night job will pay for that.
Amanda 4 mile I have been looking for it and cannot find it where did you find it? I have so many of them I can do them all day. I love Leslie I think it is because she doent do alot of hard stuff it is all simple and you dont fell like you arent able to keep up with her.
Hun.e.B I have to get on my water goal to I want to make a chart and keep it on the freg when I get a bottle write it down I have a short memory sometimes and i forget where I am.
Aqua I know what you mean I cleaned for my sons Bday and it doesnt look like I have done anything today.
sugar-n-spice I hope things are going well for you. everyone needs some RR at times.
Mia I think your goal is great I will have to try it.
Well I better be going I jest want to say hello to anyone I missed and hope everyone is having a great day.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #19  

Morning Bonnie!

I found Leslie's 4 Mile Fat Burning dvd on either Half.com or I bought it used on Amazon. I don't remember. But I only paid about $6 for it and that included shipping.
I like Leslie's workouts too. They're simple, effective and your joints won't hurt afterwards. What makes her even better is that she's not annoying! There's a lot to be said for that.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies!

It's Monday....grrr......or at least that's what I was thinking until I got on here and read everybody's posts. There are so many wonderful spiritual revelations going on around here and I think it's amazing. It's really inspiring lady girls!

Melissa: How cute and supportive is your family? What a wonderful treat.

Mia: Thanks for starting the thread this week! I really like the "quality decision" concept that you discussed and I think I'm really going to try and abide by it. Like you, if I mess up slightly, I use it as an excuse to go completely haywire.

Amanda: You are so back on the wagon....though I don't think you were ever off the wagon! I think we hit plateaus, both physically and mentally. It can be really exhausting to constantly be thinking about what you're eating/not eating, how much you're exercising, etc.. But, I think we're all just getting used to new habits. After years of not worrying about food and "justifying" eating like a moose, I find myself thinking a lot more about this stuff. But, I feel like it will all become old hat at some point and it will once again be unconscious choices......but this time they'll be better choices.

Now, on to hilarity......I LOVE NY'S BLOG! Hahahahaha! I almost fell out of my rolly chair here at work because I was laughing so much. She is so crazy. But man, I'm definitely going to take her diet tips. I'm off to buy my first pack of Virginia Slims right now.

Sara: I love your tattoo! It's so pretty! I have a teeny little butterfly tattoo on my right hip. Like you, I wasn't really a butterfly person, but I had recently decided to change my career course and felt very liberated, so I went with the butterfly.

Brittni: It's good to see you lady! That is horrible about the dentist, but I am glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Danielle: I'm glad to hear that kiddies are feeling better. I still can't believe you had all of them home at once! As I told Amanda, I completely dig NY's diet plan and I think we should all jump on board. I just finished my cup of coffee (NO SUGAR!) and will be moving on to a cigarette to "boost my metabolism." That woman is insane!

Aqua: Good morning, buddy! Good to see you!

Bonnie: Good to see you too! It sounds like this is going to be a great start to the week for you.

Yeah ladies....I slept like poop last night. I woke up around 1, woke up again at 4, woke up again at 6......I hate feeling like this on Mondays. But, my Mondays are always really busy (I have rehearsal immediately after work), so I usually find the energy to keep going! And I was particularly invigorated this morning when I opened my front door and found that my new pilates DVD had been delivered! Hooray!

Alright girls, carrot dances abound.

You know what time it is,
Liz
iwantnewpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #21  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Amanda I will have to check out half.com never heard of it. I did 60 minutes of leslie this morning and it has gotten me so motivated when I first went in their I was thinking well I will jest give it a try and before it I knew it was over and then I put another video in and Did that I want to do more but I want to take in into steps not overload all at once. At least now I feel LIke I have a little more energy then I did before I started. Since it is lunch time I was considering on have a chicken burito Nothing but Chicken and Lettuce for me on a whole wheat Burito wrap. May will do more after Lunch.

Liz I hope that you have a wonderful day.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #22  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Not to get off on the FOL rampage again, but what I dont understand after reading NY's blog about how basically Flav disgusts her in how she treats his children and women then why is she back fighting for him? Was all that said out of anger because she was upset? I dunno but if I were flav and I knew she put those things out there for everyone to read I dunno that I'd want her around. Some of the thing she said while true were harsh! yet there she is sucking face with him again! Gotta wonder about some people! I still want her to win! LOL!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #23  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick for now. Dh is home so we're running errands. Got the kids all safely shipped to school today. I shudder to think of all the homework that's gonna be going on tonight!

Will get tp personals later, not home right now. Just wanted to write and wave and tell you guys that I'm behaving myself today. I did exceptionally well at the grocery and bought yummy good foods! Also, to tell Melissa I made my tree last night!!!! It is so pretty! I put it on my fridge. What a better place to remind me before I go foraging! If I can figure out how to put a picture up I will tonight. I'm gonna shoot for 20lbs but there are 30 leaves in case I get inspired.

Have a beautiful afternoon girls, I will see you later!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #24  

Liz - It's so good to see you!
I don't think I hit a plateau. I think I hit a wall! I have always had a very bad habit of making things way too big to digest at once. Not just with weight loss; but with everything. Then it becomes too overwhelming. That's why I loved your dad's analogy about the elephant. You know how some people have to be reminded to look at the big picture? I have to be reminded to stop looking at it!

Melissa - NY is one strange potata. She definitely has moments of clarity and likability. But she's obviously unstable. She and Flav would be like a scaled down version of Bobby and Whitney, I think. I hope he picks her too. VH-1 should be able to get at least two seasons out of just the those two getting together. Factor in her mom, his kids and the kids' mothers and we've got ourselves a train wreck! Yipppeee!!!
Can you guys tell it's slow around here? Ford is our bread and butter. A lot of our stuff for GM has been pushed to the back to mid 2007. Considering what both those companies are going through, it's very scary around here lately. Ever get the feeling that you really need to be working on a back up plan? That's me right now. I'm not panicked but I definitely feel a sense of urgency.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #25  

Hi Danielle. Missed ya chicky! I'm glad you went ahead and put your tree on the fridge. I don't think you'll regret it. Congrats on the grocery store victory!!
Have fun with your husband.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #26  

Life is not fair! 7 weeks ago, my husband decided he wanted to lose a little weight. So he cut down on his beer consumption, went from eating fast food 5 days to a week to 1 or 2 days, shadow boxes 30 minutes a day and stopped eating seconds. He's lost 30 pounds. 30 pounds in 7 weeks! Now he says he's right where he wants to be. Damn man!

Here's another man-ism:
My husband will not refill the water pitcher. He will drink the last of the refrigerated water and then put the empty pitcher back into the refrigerator. I told him to at least wash it since he's not going to refill it. The man looked at me like he was a deer caught in headlights.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:52 AM   #27  

Smile

Good Morning Ladoes!!!

I can't do personals right now, but I will get back to do them. I just wanted to say good morning!!!
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #28  
Melissa

Good Morning lovelies!! Ready to have a fantastic tuesday! I didnt make my water goal yesterday but still managed 71 oz. Not too bad but we'll go for that 100 oz today! I did great on plan though! Sunday is almost flushed away!

Amanda...how ya feeling today? Still sore? Did you get some better sleep last night? I hope so! Last night was my night to be up and down all night! My dh is the same as yours he drops weight like nothing and he's not even big to begin with. I always hate when he says he's 'dieting' he does it all wrong!! So unhealthy about it, never a wonder it never stays off! Ah well! What can we do!?

Bonnie...I'm glad you've got your quiet house back! 1 more day till BL! Its great to see you so excited and ready to go! How'd you do on your water?

Liz...another one that didnt sleep great! How did last night go? I hope you got the rest you needed after monday!

Danielle...Cant wait to see your tree!!! I'm glad you are gonna let the leaves drop with me! Did you survive errands? I know how those days can be!

Aqua....GOOD MORNING Sunshine!!!

Its getting quiet around here again....where did you go ladies!! Give us an update on how everything is going for you!

Have a fantastic day today everyone!!

~melissa
Old 09-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #29  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! I'm here! Good morning ladies! Phew, yesterday was a complete blur! My days are usually like that when dh is home, but we got a lot of things done. Poor guy gets hit with a honey-do list every day off but what can I say, even I need to give my cape a rest and let him be super daddy!

Melissa, I know you'll get that water in today! How can I not do a challenge with you??!! We do better together. BTW, when are you officially counting leaves?? This weeks weigh in??

Everyone have a super day! I've got some running around this morning. Ugh, the dreaded orthodontist with DS and those evil evil waiting room chairs!

BBL!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #30  
Melissa

Good morning Danielle!!! My leaves dont start falling until the weigh in after next. Since Fall doesnt officially start until saturday. All the weightloss after that will be in fall though!

Ugh the orthodontist I need to make dd an appointment! Thanks for the reminder!

~melissa