Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Happy Saturday to you,

Mary Kate - thank you so much for the card and the bookmark. I really like the quote on the bookmark, and will think of you every time I use it. I hope your doc can get the powers that be to reconsider your request for PT. Why they would deny it is a mystery to me. Hey, could you find a pumpkin dessert recipe that it good for diabetics? Gina is diabetic now, so I'm going to try and help her with desserts.

Cristi - wow, you're a busy lady. I haven't mowed grass for so long, it would probably kill me, lol. I don't even use the riding mower! Josh has to be so proud that you send stuff all the time. We have cooler temps headed our way starting tomorrow, I think. I'm ready for fall, aren't you? Don't have my fall things out yet, though.

Tiffany - thank you for the article about olive oil. Small amounts of it are good for a person, but agree moderation is key. I'd like to know more about your city over in Germany. Are there lots of things to do? I remember how beautiful Kaiserslautern was when I lived there in the '70's. Cobblestone streets, etc.

Sassy - no, don't give up on the exercise. I don't think you really will, though, you've got too much spunk. I bet you have to work this weekend, right?

Today I need to clean. I thought about making vegetable soup, but don't know if that's going to happen. Tomorrow the fam's coming over for a weiner roast. This will be the first one of the season, so we're looking forward to that.

Do any of you work jigsaw puzzles? I bought 2 of them by Gooseberry Patch - 750 pieces. One is of a quilting room, and the other is a kitchen, with canning supplies and tomatoes. Very interesting to me! I don't usually do jigsaws, but I think I'll like these. No place to put them, though, except the dining room table.

Have a good weekend, ladies,
Old 09-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Morning ladies...

My stinking nose is so stopped up, ugh! I can't stand it when I can't breathe. Nothing seems to be workin gthis time. I usually take Tyenol Sever Allergy and it has always worked in the past...now it's not. Oh well...just really drags me down and I don't feel like doing anything.

JANE...I used to love doing jigsaw puzzles...was a challenge for me and kept me buys for sure. I can't remember the last time I did one though. Yours sound interesting and I know you will love doing them. What I've seen some people do is frame them. They put something on them after it is finished so the pieces stick together and then put them in a frame. My cousin had a quilt one on her dining room wall and it looked so pretty. Hope you have lots of fun with them. And YES! I am ready for fall! It is supposed to get up to 92 today and then drop down in the 70's tomorrow and next week. Now if this darn wind would quit blowing 100 mph!

SASSY...you won't quit...I can tell by your posts that you've got a new attitude about exercising. It's okay to take a break once in a while but not for too long. I've learned my lesson about long breaks and then trying to get motivated again. I took the week off this week...wasn't in the mood and I can't work out when I don't feel good, especially when I can't breathe.

MARYKATE...I sure don't understand either why they would turn down the PT, but with insurance companies you never know. I had to fight ours on a couple of things before which is sad because you pay for it. I do hope they give it to you. And yes, thank you. Any and all pumpkin recipes would be great! Especially low-fat ones!

NIXXIE...well, I will be sending good vibes for your interview on Monday! :

TIFFANY...I don't use that much oil...tend to bake and broil lots of stuff. But I do use olive oil once in a while. Thanks for sharing the article...always good to see other points.

SUE...wow, bet you can't wait until closing day! And I am sending goodvibes your way also in the hopes of an offer on your home. It's always good when they come back for a second look! : Glad you are feeling better also.

Not much on the agenda for today. Going to be sort of lazy since the house is clean, the yard is mowed and the laundry is done. So...going to pull the scrapbook stuff out and a book I've been reading and do some on both in between relaxing. I am not going outdoors at all today in the hopes these allergies will get better. If not I am going to have to try something stronger, if there is anything. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!

I have a day off w/the hubby!! How fantastic is that?? Now......to only drag him out of bed so we can spend the day together.

Weather here is bizarre. We had very hot, need the A/C on. weather and then the last couple days it has been pouring and hailing and just plain ugly. Then today. Feels like fall. LOVE the fall. Most favorite season. Sun is out, wind is cool and it smells fresh outside.

Ok.....I need to get my hubby up. I will chat more next time!

Hugs to all!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Short Note:I guys, I can't do individuals now, too busy. My sweetie is like you Cristina, he can't breathe and his nose is on super drip!
I want to brag. I went out and bought some high dollar NewBalance walking shoes recommended by Consumer Reports. I walked from 2pm to 4pm and 5pm to 8pm, just strolling, nothing stressful. I wanted to get used to walking alot. This isn't the bragging part yet. During the 4 to 5 pm pause, my sweetie and I went out to eat. I was a very, very good girl! Now the brag part. The waitress asked us if we would like a basket of hot rolls and honey butter. I told her no thank you. (Those who know me knows I would arm wrestle for the last roll at the table). It gets better. The waitress shows up at our table and sets down a basket of steaming hot rolls and honey butter. The smell was heavenly. I reminded her that we did not want the rolls and she took them away. The fat fairy thought she had my number, but I am woman, hear me roar, no fat fairies evil tricks will keep me from my goal! You may clap now.LOL Stand if you need to.Hahahahahahaha!
Norma
Old 09-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #35  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Short Short note here. Thanks gals. No I won't quit. That is what I was saying. I will go and work out, probably on Monday, when I'm off. Yes I work every single weekend, unless I take off, which is the last week of September for my bday/anniversary.

Hub just told me something scary. He said I started screaming "OH shoot, oh God and something else" and got out of bed and stood at the foot of the bed and he asked me if I was okay and what was wrong and I didn't answer him. Then he said I got back into bed and went to sleep! I don't remember any of it, so I must have been doing this all in my sleep! I have a history of yelling in the middle of the night while I'm asleep (never remember it), but I can only remember once where I have gotten out of bed asleep. I was still living with my parents (was a teenager) and I woke up in the middle of the night standing in front of my closet! I had no idea how I got there! Luckily I had my door to my room closed or who knows where I would have ended up!!!

My mom says I've done the screaming thing since I was very little. They never found out why. I told hub we should set up our video camera while we sleep so maybe we can figure it out.

Anyways. That is all for now. Off to work!

Have a Great Saturday!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

Norma--Congratulations on your ability to stay in control!! I was told once (at a nutrition siminar) that our bodies are like a vehicle. If the vehicle wanted us to put sugar in the tank we wold tell it NO because we know that the car would never run again...or at least not without a good cleaning. Your body requests, begs, and screams for the things it WANTS. YOU are a fountain of strength!! WTG...I'm clapping!!

Jane--a little about where I'm at. I live in an industrial valley. Very shortly after most people's arrival here they have to go to the doctor because the now have allergies (even if they have never had that kind of prob. before) Some people develope asthema (my upstairs neighbor and her 5 year old got this) Our family is blessed because we got allergies the first year but non for any other year after that. There are definitely some beautiful things to look at here, even within walking distance. I DO miss America but I will say this about Europe. It is geared toward padestrians. There is not a place you CAN'T walk to because there are pathways made just for you. There are sidewalks everywhere and if they couldn't put one in they provide a beautiful senic route in a wooded area, that would be more safe. Everyone rides a bike, young, old, zombies....lol I do love that part of being here. However, it (the country) has changed drastically since the 70's. I was here in the early part of the 80's It was clean and beautiful then. But now it is dirty and the people are very mean, even if you try to be nice to them, they hate us. I just smile and say, "look kids! wave at the jerk!" ahahahaha just kidding. I do smile though.

Well, I'm sorry if I have missed anyone. I try to keep up with everyone but it's kind of difficult for me. I will say, Good Saturday to everyone I missed. Please don't take it personally, I'd forget my twin if she wasn't attached to my hip. It makes it quite hard to find a comfy chair...ahahah kidding again.

Blessings to you all
Old 09-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #37  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I did make it back here after all. Rather late, but better than never I've always heard. Hope you all had a great Sat. I did the dreaded housework after weeding. Then I ran errands. Bought pleated fabric blinds for the bedrooms and will see if we like them. They had roman shades which I really liked, but didn't know if we could use them. DH has since said we could, so I might switch.

Jane- The puzzles sound so neat. I like doing them, but haven't worked on one for quite some time. Mom loves them also, so I imagine it is something we will do alot. She even has a board to do them on that you can roll up and move the whole puzzle out of the way. I have a card table that we can use also. You are right, Fall is on the way! I envy you the wiener roast. Yummy.

Cristina- Thanks for the good vibes. I hope a second look means good things. We heard a rumor that we are getting an offer from another showing. We will see what happens next week. That is so neat that you are sending "toys" for the boys over there with Josh. Be sure to tell him and them how much we appreciate their sacrifices for us.

Marti- Hello, hello! Hope you and James had a wonderful day. Enjoy!

Norma- Gal, I sure do envy you your willpower. You kicked that fat fairy's butt for sure! You are truly an inspiration with your walking, weight loss and "just saying NO!" Makes me want to get back on track...and I did. I walked 2 miles today and feel like I got my strength back from being ill.

Sassy- That is scary! Makes you wonder what all you would have done if DH wasn't there to watch over you. My step-son actually walked to the front door and tried to go out one night...thank goodness we had a deadbolt and in his sleeping state he didn't try to un-lock it. Then DD was in high school and actually got in the shower about 3 a.m. I went and asked her what she was doing and she was glassy eyed. Said she was getting ready for school. Scared me to death. She finally woke up and was mad at ME...because I told her to go back to bed and her hair was wet. LOL. I just wrapped her head in a towel and told her to go sleep. We still laugh about that.

Tiffany- My brother spent alot of time in Germany with the Army. He always said he wanted to go back as a civilian, but didn't make it. He liked the fact that he could travel to so many places over there. Sounds like it has changed so much since the 70's though. How long are you over there for?

Nixxie- Good luck on the interview. I hope you assembled an outfit that you are comfortable and confident in.

Mary Kate- I hope like Jane said that the doctor re-considers the PT. I never understand what insurance cos. base their decisions on. Crazy. Years ago ours wouldn't pay for birth control...but you could have a baby every year and they would pay for that. Didn't make sense to me. They finally did start paying for surgical b.c., but paid very little on pills. Now that I am so far past that I don't know what they pay.

Robin- Sure do hope you did well on the garage sale. I hate having those...but I am going to have one here as soon as we move. Just leave things here that we want to sell and then even get rid of some furniture. (and even a car)

Okay..I think I finally caught up here..and if I forgot anyone I do apologize.
Tomorrow is Open House so I have to get up and do the last minute things. May be our last one...I pray! We will spend the afternoon at the new house.

Have a good Sunday all!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #38  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

Sassy_Chick

nope, they don't have that here in Sweden. Great idea though!!!!!!!! I wish they had it here!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #39  

Good Evening ladies....

We are a bunch of busy ones today aren't we?

I didn't do as much as I had planned today. Was feeling "blah" and had no energy. So I did some cleaning and then took a nap. Now I can just see me having issues trying to get to sleep tonight!!

As I was waking from the nap....(I was on the couch) I woke up to some show that I have never seen before. When I went to check the info it just said "To be Announced" but it was these two Doctors trying to get the woman into a better eating/healthy lifestyle. It was such an eye opener by the time it was over. They had put her on a 10wk program and she lost about 25lbs. just changing what she eats and being more active. I'm hoping to learn from it and try and do some of the idea's myself.

I really liked the activity part. They say to get:

30 minutes of exercise a day.
60 minutes of "sweat" exercise a week.
30 minutes of weightlifting a week.

I'm going to try this. Not sure what I'll do but I'm going to try. They also went through her fridge and cleaned it out of all processed foods and other non-healthy foods. That'll be easy.....as I don't have much in my fridge at the moment!

I need to get out of my slump I'm in and rejouvenate myself. Get back some energy I have lost.

So my first step: Take my gym bag to work and going to the gym!

Well hey gals, sorry for not doing individuals tonight. I believe I'm just too far behind to try. Will try to keep up on the next chitchat thread.

You all enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll chat more tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Marti: I sure hope you get out of your "blahs". Are you getting enough sunshine? There is a syndrome, I can't remember its name, where if you don't get enough sunshine you get emotionally down. I'll see if I can find the name of it.
I liked what you said about the program and changing the way you eat. I think that's what has helped me allot with how we are eating. Exercise has been my highest hurdle. I will start with walking and work my way up. When was the last time you laughed? No joke, humor has alot to do with how we feel. Do something that makes you laugh. Couldn't hurt!

Sue:I would love to see pictures of the inside of your new house when you are all done decorating. It sounds exciting and exhausting at the same time. I sure hope you sell your house soon. It must be emotionally draining dealing with two houses. It sounds like when you walk you're able to catch your breath.

Cristina: I sure hope your allergies are better. Look on the bright side, if your nose is stuffed up, everything tastes like cardboard. Now's the time to eat the low cal stuff and not feel cheated. LOL. PM me Josh's address and I'll save you a trip to the post office and postage and filling out the declarations paperwork.

Sassy:How scarey that would be to sleep walk. I've heard of it but didn't know anyone who did it. They say hypnotism helps this problem. I hope it doesn't bother you too much. Happy Birthday/Anniversay!!!!!!

Jane: I love puzzles. We generally put up a card table every winter and keep one going all winter. I like country scenes. I have one that has quilts hanging on the line in front of an old time country house. I'm a avid sewer/quilter. I have a severe fabric addiction. I have patterns from the fifties until now. I had to put them into a spreadsheet program to keep track of them all. I have a dedicated sewing room so all my scrapbook supplies are in the dinning room. I'm what you'd call a jack of all trades, master of none.

Tiffany:Thanks for the EVOO information. I didn't know there was a health difference. I prefer it over veg. oil. I hope your back is better.

Nexxie:What's Sweden like? I lived in Augsburg, Germany for 3 years and we traveled allot through France, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland but never made it that far north. Is it similar?

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for the challenges of a new week and a new chance to get back on track, get your head on straight and be excited about how you are molding a new you. I finally had a dream of me being thinner! I can't even remember what it was like to be thinner but I think my dream was to help me keep going because I want it so badly.

You guys take care!
Norma
Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #41  
Picker and a Grinner

harkeyvalley

hmm...I have only been through Germany so I am not really forsure if it is similar or not. Sweden is...interesting. It is really expensive (but not as expensive as norway), socialized government so there are a lot of rules, but they are easy and very logical. Things grind to a halt around 6pm during the week. It is hard to find a lot things that I am used to having because of their import laws. Very family oriented country. Very relaxed work environment. It is really nice once you get used to it.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #42  
Picker and a Grinner

Interview went well I think. I had on my snazzy new boots:

They are so cool. I have a black pair just like them.

anyway, she said she thinks I am perfect for the job but we will see since she wasn't who I was supposed to interview with. He was out sick
Old 09-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #43  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning Quickie! Sorry work is crazy & the weather stinks! I will post more when I get a break. (shhhhhhh I am "working now" LOL). Happy Monday! We had a beautiful weekend and we are gonna have to pay for it all week it looks like. yucky poo!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

Good Monday morning, ladies,

Marti - omg, I think we saw the same show! I saw Dr. Mahmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roisen working with a woman, cleaning out her cabinets and
fridge, helping her get healthy again. He said lots of things that made an impact, but the main thing was, Would you eat junk if it was prescribed for you? NO! Then he said you have to think of food as a prescription, and eat only what will help you become/stay healthy. I very seldom take pills because of the damage they do to your liver, etc, , and so his statement made me sit up and take notice. As you know, I've been concentrating on whole foods, and that just confimed it for me. The thing is, the book with his food lifestyle was already on my shelf! It's called You - An Owner's Manual, and when I bought it, I just skimmed the diet part in the back.

Cristi - hope your allergies are better today. But with this weather, I doubt that they are. Mine are driving me crazy, and I have a cold coming on, too. Did you make any headway with the scrapbook this weekend? It's fun to do that, isn't it?

Norma - congrats on your NSV!! (non-scale victory) You go girl!! It would have been so easy to just leave the bread on the table, and I'm proud of you for having the waitress take it away. I haven't done any large quilts, but have done some wall hangings. I designed one with my MILs handkerchiefs, and placed them sticking out of small pockets on a wall hanging quilt.

Sassy - I've heard of people sleepwalking, but that's really bizzarre. Bet your DH was freaked, lol. Make sure you keep the doors locked so you don't get out. Have you ever talked to your doc about it?

Tiffany - thanks for sharing about where you live. Once you mentioned it, I remembered that there was a neat little path through a wooded area that I used to take from the bus stop to our apartment. It was safe then, but no way would I even think I going through a deserted place like that today.

Sue - how'd the open house go? The puzzle has been lots of fun. Time sure goes fast while I'm doing it. You really have to check out the Gooseberry Patch ones at Walmart. I'm thinking you and your mom would love them.

Nixxie - love the boots! Hope you get the job, toots.

Robin - hi chicka, glad you had a great weekend. You'll have to tell us all about when you pop back in.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Well, the weiner roast was fun, but the weather was too warm for it, lol. We all had lots of fun in spite of the weather, and the kids started talking about stuff that happened while they were young. We all got to laughing and it was all good. When we were just about ready to call it a day, a storm blew up, so we gathered everything and came inside.

Today I've got laundry to do, and I know I'll be working on the puzzle, too.

What's on your agenda today?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #45  

Morning ladies!!

Jane... I had to get online and look up those doctors names because I had no idea of what the shows was called. And sure enough.....there were the two doctors I was talking about!! What is the name of the show though?? I may look into that book. Anything would help me at this time!

Norma... SAD. I can't think of what it stands for, something like "Seasonal affective Disorder" But no, I don't feel that way w/the weather change. My issues all wrap around my attitude at work. I have to learn that I am not in charge and I can't change things. (as much as I want to) I just take thing to heart sometimes I guess. And w/the situation at work, I wasn't involved at all! Just butted my way in I suppose. (for shame I know!)

Nixxie... LOVE LOVE LOVE the boots!! Send me a pair in size 6 1/2.

Well I have to say, it was SUCH a beautiful day yesterday and I should have washed my car. It's pouring down rain at the moment. CRAZY I tell ya!! What to expect in the winter months. I don't mind rain, just hate driving in it sometimes.

Ok....time to take the dogs to work and find something worth while for breakfast!

Hugs to all!
Closed Thread