Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi SASSY and NORMA!

You ladies snuck in there while I was typing that novel, lol!

SASSY...glad you enjoyed your night and what chick flick did you watch? I love chick flicks!

NORMA...HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY! I think you are doing an awesome job! I too think of myself as the turtle and for the longest time I had a turtle weight tracker and a snail smilie next to my name. I figure I will eventually get there...it may take me forever, but I WILL finish the race, lol! I think that slower is better anyway. I've always read the slower you take it off the liklihood of you putting it back on is less than if you take it off really fast. But WTG!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening...I am still not feeling tip top, although I had several things to do today. I think I am going to try to just lay low tomorrow and not do a thing. Gotta get feeling better.
Things are chugging along house wise..and all is well.
I will check in when I feel more like chatting.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

Father God,
I pray you give wisdom to the doctors that are overseeing Karter's case. Show them the problem and solution it all. Let Karter's condition meraculously progress in healing and wellness that he would be a testament to you great hand. Please, Lord, give both Jen and Karter peace throught the night and day. Let them sleep at the appropriate time and rest while doing so. Please comfort Jen in the middle of the chaos and be an ever present help to Karter's healing and mending. Wash Jen with your love and mercy today.

In Jesus name I pray
Amen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfulldivajackett View Post
My stress level is pretty much at the top of the charts.

We had an appointment with the genetisist yesterday. We got everything from it could be the Phenobarbital causing him to have the choreatic movements, or it could be something called Infantile NCL - which I hope to god it's not. http://www.bdsra.org/batten.htm

Infantile NCL (Santavuori-Haltia disease): begins between about 6 months and 2 years of age and progresses rapidly. Affected children fail to thrive and have abnormally small heads (microcephaly). Also typical are short, sharp muscle contractions called myoclonic jerks. Initial signs of this disorder include delayed psychomotor development with progressive deterioration, other motor disorders, or seizures. The infantile form has the most rapid progression and children live into their mid childhood years.

They don't know. This is just the latest "thing that it might be". Pretty shocking to find out that your child COULD have a fatal result. They drew blood for eleven blood tests and urine for four urine tests. Plus we need MRI, MRS, VEP and EEG tests done. Don't ask me what the MRS and VEP are- I don't know, I just know we need them. So hopefully within the next two weeks we can get all those tests completed so we can get a few more answers. I am so sick of the waiting. Every night Karter flails around and goes crazy - and then sleeps all day. There is nothing I can do about it right now- and it's killing me- I'm telling you. Nothing but wait for the pieces to fall into place. And I'm falling to pieces inside. Kind of freaking out- I would love a tranquilizer.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:10 AM   #19  

Friends,

May we all reach our weight goal for this week. May our steps be lighter and our laughter be infectius to those around us. Let our bones, illnesses, and muscles be mended, healed and rejuvinated. And let our hearts overflow with the love of God.

Have a wonderful weekend
Tiffany
Old 09-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #20  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

Happy Firday to you all!!!

I am actually home with a slight cold. Was running a fever this morning but now I feel MUCH better. I am headin' to the clothing store to try on and hopefully buy a suit for...

dun dun duuuun

a job interview!!! It is sweet! An english speaking advertising agency! No Swedish requirements! I am so jazzed!

Hopefully I will be buying a smaller size too. Clothes here fit weird so I am not sure about that.

Anyhoot....

Going to have to restart that "weight loss" program of mine. been bad the last few weeks. Lack of will power and time. *shakes head at self*

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Enjoy!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Morning!

Morning Ladies.

Yes I did enjoy my night to myself. I watched "Indecent Proposal" with Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson, and Robert Redford. Not sure if that is persay a "chick flick" but I say it is, maybe not as "chicky" as some, but its still a love story. lol.

I made some Pumpkin Bread this morning. I know, I know..........But it could have been something worse and I've been craving pumpkin in the worse way. I did make it with Olive Oil, that should count for something? Anyways I only had one small piece.............

Jane -- Yes I wish I was that woman in my avatar as well. lol. I guess that is why I picked it, inspiration. lol.

Cristina -- I agree, the one who is slow and steady keeps the weight off longer. That is my thinking anyways. As you can see from above, I watched Indecent Proposal. I don't know if that is a "chick flick" persay, but I still say its at least a little bit "chicky". lol. I love chick flicks and I have to be in "the mood" for them and I was Wed. night.

Hey Sue -- I hope you feel better hon! I know I've been battling a cold off and on............

Tiffany -- thanks for the great inspiration!

Nixxie -- WTG! Good Luck with the Job Interview!

To everybody else out there in lurkdomville, HELLO! I hope you all are having a wonderful Morning and enjoy your Friday!

and to all!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #22  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!

Jane... I will type in blue as we are thinking BLUE thoughts for you LOL

Norma... Congrats, Way to go!!!

Cristina... I wish I could haul that beast on my own to still go camping. But I haven't towed it on my own yet much less haven't towed it at all -- I can see it now -- EVERYONE would be getting out of my way on the Hwy LMAO
next year it will be easy as it will be parked so I can just go and take the kids and head on up with no worries when he can't go. So now I will just stay home and have a garage sale -- let's see how good I can clean out the basement

Sue...I hope you are feeling better!!! definite sinus/allergy stuff going on.

Have a super weekend everybody!!! I am gonna get this work done so I can sneak out early & try to get set up for a garage sale tomorrow - I have tons of clothes to get rid of now

Old 09-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #23  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning.. Still feeling pretty rocky this morning. I had to get out though and run to the new house with a message. Never fails. I decided that since I had to go anyway I would stop by the Mall and look at some things I wanted to check out. Wrong. By the time I got to the house I was feeling worse, so I just came back home and laid down for awhile. Shopping will have to wait. AND if I am saying that you know I must feel bad! LOL

Good to see you all this a.m.....I will check back later and do some individuals.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - hope you're feeling better. I see that your "egg" light is on, so we're probably posting at the same time.

Tiffany - what a heartfelt prayer for Jen and Karter, and nice thoughts for all of us. Glad you're feeling better, too.

Nixxie - well, I gotta know! How'd the interview go?

Sassy - I saw that movie when it first came out, and it was good. The premise of it gave people at parties lots to talk about for a long time. "Would you, or wouldn't you" kind of stuff. Very interesting.

Robin - yep, you're gonna be loving it next year when you can just drive to your campsite. LOL for the blue type. That's so cute!! Gina hasn't had much morning sickness, so it's probably a girl. Have fun and make lots of money at the garage sale.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I got the mid-month bills paid. Doing that is such a bummer, lol. I'm headed to town in a little while. Need to go to the library, and also need to go by Walmart. Always need stuff at Walmart, right?

Not much going on.... may bbl.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #25  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TIFFANY...Amen! Wonderful prayer. Hope all is well with you and your little one.

NIXXIE...CONGRAT'S on the job interview. Will keep my fingers crossed that you get it.

SASSY...I like that movie and have seen it several times. If it is on and nothing else is I will watch it again. Mmmmmm, pumkin bread sounds so good right now. As does pumkin pie and cookies. Anyone have a recipe for pumkin cookies?

ROBIN...for some reason I thought it was already parked there. Duh! Probably missed that you said it wasn't somewhere. And hey, at least everyone would get out of your way, lol!

JANE...how was your shopping day with Madison? Bet you girls had fun! I don't know about being the favorite mom but I do know they did appreciate all the goodies. I wish I was there to see their faces. You know it's sad because a lot of the guys think people have forgotten about them and then to receive stuff it just really makes their day and send their self-esteem sky high! Anyway, just feel like I need to do something for the guys to let them know people do care. Know what you mean about doing bills, well, actually I guess I don't...V does them. I think he does a much better job than I would. Did it in my first marriage and this time no way.

SUE...hope you get to feeling better missy. Could it be allergies as Robin mentioned? I know that is what is bothering me, trying to keep on going but what I really want to do is go lay down.

Hi to everyone else

Gotta get going before Jeopardy comes on, lol. Don't feel like I got much done today. I went all over looking for some magazines for Josh and the guys and couldn't even find a Sports Illustrated and...I went to the bookstore! Oh well, there's always next time. I found plenty and I know they will enjoy it. Spent about 1 1/2 hours just going there and then to another store. Got back home and had to pack all the stuff and fill out the forms and get them to the post office to mail. Came home and started on the yard. Took me a while but I got it mowed and watered. It was cool and was doing fine and then the last two days it warmed up and was looking bad. At least it's not in the high 90's and low 100's to where I have to water every day. Needless to say I didn't get my computer time in today except for Josh's banking online. Hopefully I can spend more time on here tomorrow and get the house cleaned, and...start my scrapbook pages. Okay, yakity, yak...

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya's tomorrow! Have a good day!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #26  
a work in progress

Just a quick note...

Went to the Dr. today, and she is resubmitting the request for physical therapy -- she wasn't too happy it was denied the first time, since she really thinks it will help me. I'm still off work, and will see her again 10/27. I will be going back for another EMG test, ugh, but hopefully it will give some good information on how the nerve in my arm is healing.

I found a great site with WW pumpkin recipes, Cristi -- I'll try to get back on this weekend and post a few in the recipe thread.

Sassy...olive oil is a healthier oil than say, regular vegetable oil. Current WW guidelines are to get 2 tsp of a healthy oil every day (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed). 2 tsp isn't much. But, even though olive oil is definitely "healthier", it's still 100% fat, and has the same calories as any other type of fat. One thing you can try is to substitute half of the oil in a quickbread or cake recipe with unsweetened applesauce -- still keeps the recipe moist and sometimes isn't noticeable at all in the finished product. If you like the result, you can try playing around with the proportions -- try swapping out 2/3 of the oil for applesauce, etc.

Jane, congrats on the new g-baby to be!!! Thinking blue, blue, blue...

Jen, my heart goes out to you and your family. I clicked on some of your links and read about all the trials you've been going through with Karter...you are in my prayers.

Nixxie, good luck on the interview!

Gotta cut this short...hubby needs my attention Hugs to everyone...
Old 09-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #27  

Hi ladies,

I respectfully disagree with Katiecat's accessment of olive oil and offer this information as to why. I am NOT trying to be combative, I only wish to provide more than one view of olive oil so that you all may make your own oppinion of it. I will also include the link to the site it came from if you wish to investigate further. Have a healthy weekend.

Relation to human health
In the United States, producers of olive oil may place the following health claim on product labels:

Limited and not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about two tablespoons (23 grams) of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monounsaturated fat in olive oil. To achieve this possible benefit, olive oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day.[5]
This decision was announced November 1, 2004 by the Food and Drug Administration after application was made to the FDA by producers. Similar labels are permitted for omega-3 fatty acids and walnuts which also contain monounsaturated oil[6].

A health study in 2005 compared the effects of different sorts of olive oil on arterial elasticity. Probands were given a serving of 60 grams of white bread and 40 milliliters of olive oil each morning for two consecutive days. The study was conducted in two stages. During the first stage, the probands received polyphenol-rich oil ("extra virgin" oil contains the highest amount of polyphenol antioxidants), during the second, they received oil with only one fifth the phenolic content. The elasticity of the arterial walls of each proband was measured using a pressure sleeve and a Doppler laser. It was discovered that after the probands had consumed olive oil high in polyphenol antioxidants, they exhibited increased arterial elasticity, while after the consumption of olive oil containing less polyphenols, they exhibited no significant change in arterial elasticity. It is supposed that, in the long term, increased elasticity of arterial walls reduces vascular stress and consequentially the risk of two common causes of death - heart attacks and stroke. This could, at least in part, explain the lower incidence of both ailments in regions where olive oil and olives are consumed on a daily basis.

In addition to the internal health benefits of olive oil, topical application is quite popular with fans of natural health remedies. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is the preferred grade for moisturizing the skin, especially when used in the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM). OCM is a method of cleansing and moisturizing the face with a mixture of EVOO, castor oil (or another suitable carrier oil) and a select blend of essential oils.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_oil
Old 09-16-2006, 04:38 AM   #28  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

Thanks girls! interview is monday soooooooooo I have have the whole weekend to hopefully find something "Professional and grown up" to wear. All I have are band t-shirts. hehehehe

Jane congrats on the grandbaby to be!!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #29  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies.

I feel so lazy here lately. I haven't been to the gym and I haven't been doing the WATP either. I guess all I can do is keep trying. Can't give up..........

Jane -- yes the movie was pretty good, nothing else was on so I figured I'd watch it.

Cristina -- Yes the pumpkin bread was good. On the box for the pumpkin bread it had a recipe for pumpkin cookies. You may find it online, it was Pilsbury Brand. I want to make some cookies too, to take to work to share so they are not here for me to eat! lol.

Katie -- Yes I've used applesauce before and it does work just as good, I just didn't even think of it the other morning when I was making the bread, it was very early in the AM and I just had gotten off work, so brain was a bit "fried" lollllllllllllll. I will remember that for when I make the pumpkin cookies for sure, thanks.

Thanks for the article on Olive Oil, JJ. The kind we have is Extra Virgin, Organic.

Nixxie -- not sure if you have this in your area, but have you ever heard of Dress for Success? They are a wonderful Organization that offers FREE professional clothing and yes even make up for women! I went right before graduating college. My career counselor took me there and I got a wonderful professional outfit to use for interviews and even a job. They set me up with EVERYTHING, from top to bottom, including pantyhose, shoes, jewelry and yes make up. Everything there is very nice and they even have a person to help you find what you need.

You also get a second outfit once you get a job. I just have never gotten a chance go back. But it is a wonderful program. If you google it you should be able to find the website to find one close by.

Well Chicks, I hope you have a wonderful Weekend!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Feeling better today so maybe I can get caught up around the house. Then I can come here and get caught up with everyone. I already pulled weeds....

Open house tomorrow and already have a showing booked for Mon. (people who looked at it Thurs. coming back for a second look) *fingers crossed*

Closing on the new house Tues. or Wed. as it stands now. YAY!
Closed Thread