Old 09-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #31  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Labor Day! Getting a late start in here today, stayed up late watching movie with dh last night. Then I get up this morning our internet server is down, and still is now! Ggrrrr. I'm using my Blackberry so I will do my best to remember what everyone said, if I don't now please forgive me, its not intentional. Just this stupid thing is very hard to keep scrolling all over the place.

Aqua, how was your tread this morning? I used to love working out super early waaaayy back in the day when I was a lot more fit than now. Something about the peace & quiet, no kiddies running around-no noise! It was Melissa who thought to put measurements, I'm sure. She is big proponent for measurements as I am. I've always said, I would rather "look" smaller and actually weigh more than vice versa! LOL

Mia, how ya doin hon? Girls gave you some good advice about eating, I hope it helps!

Melissa, the honorary chicken with your head cut off. LOL something always about that day right before school starts! And then after they go and don't wind up needing half of what you thought, end up sitting there wondering what all the hoopla was! Of course my thinking always goes to, what if I don't get it and then they end up needing it--always my luck! LOL I hope it goes smoothly today and you get that swim at the lake. What a great way that would be to end the weekend!

SO. I worked out today. I started out with the intention of just doing a WATP 1mile express and then maybe the bike later....well, once the 1mile was done I just started the 2miler that's on the disc and did that too. So + did 3miles walking today. And lemme tell ya that little stretchy band thingy that you use with it is very deceiving! Great upper arm workout for sure! I tried a Jillian dvd last night-OH. MY. GOSH. This is 2 discs, one for frontal and one for the back areas. I barely got thru 1 min and then I quit I was miserable. Jillian's just gonna have to wait along with "miss cardiopilates"! Ugh! I was pretty proud that I tried it though and gave it at least 10.
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #32  

Smile

Amany- Good to see you!!! Wow! I know exacly what you mean about the hubby. Mine can drop 10 pounds if he takes a fiber pill.... It ain't right.
I know what you mean about the money too. Seems like it's always something.
She did act nasty when she was eating. Flav eats nasty too, so I don't know if he would care about that. Mmm mmm mmm, the next episode is going going to be good!

My tread was good, but I didn't do 60 minutes straight. I did 30, then another 30 later...
I hope the time with your family will be great!

Sugar-N-Spice- Hi! My tread was nice, and yes that is a bonus to getting up early. No one to run in the way.... I love the measurements thing. I'm glad she thought of it.

Great job on the workout!!! Wow, 3 miles is really good! I'm giving you a carrot...
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #33  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon everyone!! Well haircuts are done and they turned out fantastic! I'm so happy to have found someone who knows what the heck they are doing. Got shoes and got of easy! I just remember I gotta go to walmart, oh how I hate that store! I cant wait till I'm rich enough that I dont have to shop there. But I dont have anything to put all that fruit in that I gotta cut up! Okay done whining LOL!!

I'm gonna get a walk in today girls...I'm gonna do it!!! If I dont, there must be a consequence. Just not sure what yet!

Mia...I really kinda liked like dat...although I didnt understand her alot LOL! But she seemed like a nice girl, not right for this show though. I didnt like Flav making fun of her size behind her back like that. Next week should be fun with NY coming back!

Aqua..how's your day going? measurements is where its at! thats the proof right there, there is no denying your waist being 2 inches smaller, the scale being down 2 lbs you cant tell.

Sara...way to go on that walk!!! Getting some work done and working out!! couldnt get any better than that! I hope today is going great for you!

Danielle!! You rock that exercise girl!! You need to start kicking my butt into doing it!! I've heard those bands are great! Babysteps and pretty soon you'll be rocking it right along with ol jillian!

Alright, here I go again!! Keep on shining losers! LOL!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #34  

Smile

Hun.e.B- Hi! I love to buy things at Wal Mart- what I hate are the massive crowds of people constantly streaming along. It's hard to even stop and look at something. People want to get by, so you can't just enjoy browsing... erg....
Was that your idea for measuremnts? Brilliant. I am more well behaved now than ever before just knowing I have to re post those. Thank you.
Enjoy your walk!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #35  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, I hope that your visit with the parental units was a good one. There are many days when I'm glad that I live 400+ miles away from mine! My mother usually end up driving me nuts or making me extra angry. I still don't understand how she feels justified talking to me like I'm 12 and don't know anything. Anyways, didn't hear from her on my b-day which is no new news there, but still....sometimes I wonder what makes her tick sometimes! Men drop weight without trying its pathetic. My dh had recently started just cutting portions and nothing else, darnit if he didn't drop about 15lbs in the last 3 weeks! He didn't even have to give anything up! they are the devil those men!
I am SO glad that you joined us on the challenge! You deserve to see those changes to chicky!

Aqua, you are doing great with that walking! I really wish I had a treadmill but have no idea where I'd put it!lol

Mel, glad the haircuts worked out for you! I am so happy to have my Kenny, he's a true talent and I love knowing that he would never send me out of there looking like an idiot. KWIM? He gives the best cuts for your face and is not about the money. You got off easy with the shoes? How on earth did you luck out with that!lol You and wallyworld really have a love/hate relationship don't you! I hope you get everything you need to prep for your breakfast at the school. They're all gonna love it, I just know it!

My internet is not back up and I'm getting highly irritated. Another reason why I HATE living where we do! Being restricted to particular cable & internet providers is not my idea of living my way!

Well, so much for my afternoon. dh was "supposed" to be off today, forgetting that he had to deliver a car to a customer. So he had to be gone a couple hours, then he gets asked by his boss to stay, they are busy.....so he's been there ever since. Bah! Some days I really hope he would switch careers but $ is good, so whatcha gonna do,right?

Anyways, I'm babbling so I'll leave you all here for now. Be good!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #36  

Smile

Hello ladies!

I have a non scale victory I would like to share with you. I have a pair of baby pink sweatpants. My husband hates them (and my gray workout pants too). Well, lucky hubby, ****drumroll**** those pink sweatpants are now too large for me to wear!!! ****game show music****

Sugar-N-Spice- Sorry to hear hubby had to go to work. Money is a good thing too though.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #37  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Congrat's Aqua!! I bet it feels great! "Tell us what she's won, Bob!" *in my best game show host voice*

Dh STILL isn't home. And now after watching the opening episode of Ellen today, I am AGAIN stuck with that song sexyback. Justin was on there singing away and has left me with that tune that's been in my head for weeks now. Just when I thought I was free! LOL Almost as bad as that song Promisqious (sp?)first came out. And too bad for my family that I can't sing! HA!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #38  

Aqua... How awesome is that those pants don't fit any longer... now you have to cut them up for dust rags, so you can never wear them again...

Amanda.... Hopefully the visit went well and you can breathe a sigh of relief that you are home again....

Well, I had a most unproductive day... I went up and visited with my mom. We went food shopping... how fun is that? We did end up with all healthy purchases though. I found the most amazing hot dog if anyone enjoys a hot dog... they are even good in the microwave....if you are interested, they are Hebrew National 97% fat free... only 1.5 fats-- good stuff...Other than that.... i came back to the apartment, cooked out with my neighbors and now I am getting ready for school tomorrow. all but three of the rooms are free of mold. please keep your fingers crossed that mine isn't one that has to be quarantined(spelling??)

oh yeah, i have a question??? i am anticipating (with fingers crossed and breath held) that I actually lost a few pounds, i was wondering how you change your counter... or do I just need to make a new one???? thanks.. have a great night... talk tomorrow...
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #39  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies,

I'm back for the week. I must say when i woke up this morning, i never expected my mentor from the time i was 12 or so to be gone. its been really hard for me. he made me feel okay about being different and loving animals as much as a i do. even when people called me things like crazy, i always knew that there was alteast one other person who would do anything to save and protect the animals. anyways maybe tomorrow ill post. i just wanted to say hey to everyone and hope everyone had a good weekend.
Much Love,
Brittni
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Hey ladies!

I just got back from my trip to Edmonton. It was really really fun. I got to see my brother and he is doing well. He was a little stressed the first few days of university but who isn't right? He also had lost his wallet so he was a bit more stressed than some people. Anyways, I start school tomorrow, I can't believe it! Summer has gone by wayyyyyy too fast for me! I have so much to do tonight, it is unbelievable. I did pretty good with the diet and exercise plan while I was there, I cheated a few times but i went for an hour fast walk afterwards or later on that evening. I am getting Turbo Jam hopefully in the next couple of days and I am really going to fully start, I have just been weening myself off some foods so its not a complete shock to my system when I go to my "healthy lifestyle eating plan." It's good to be back with you gals and hope yall had a safe and fun and healthy long weekend. Talk to u all soon.

Heather
needhelp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #41  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Ma'Ladies.

I promise to do personals in the morning, but I wanted to share my journal entry with you guys:

Today's menu was...

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and 2 turkey sausage patties

Lunch: Salad with turkey taco meat, baby spinach, dab of low- fat sour cream, cheddar and pico degallo

Snack: 30 almonds

Dinner: chicken leg, squash and green beans.

I also ate more salad later in the evening. The name kind as before.

No exercise today, but I'll do it Tuesday - Sunday.

I survived a holiday with my family!!! I didn't have any of the "no-nos"!
I started to get kinda nervous near the end because they were starting to eat the desserts. They had two different types of fruit pies and a cheesecake. I watched my diabetic mother, diabetic brother and my sister who's always on a diet, snarf down all this sweet stuff. I gotta admit, I was tempted by the cheesecake, but I maintained my composure. Then it happened. My mom brought out the ice cream. Yeah, yeah, I'm in control, but it was time to get the **** outta there!

I told my husband, "OK. Let's go. I can smell the sugar in the air.". I'm making light of all this, but I'm actually serious. It's weird. I could literally imagine the relief I'd feel to have a couple of scoops of ice cream over that raspberry cheesecake. And I could literally feel compulsion creeping up. I felt it best to leave. My control is a lot better than it was, but I'm not 100% there yet. I'm not disappointed in myself though. Hey, it's a process. It will take time.

On the way home I was thinking about how I watched my family snarf this stuff down though. It gave me the opportunity to see what I inherited. My brother is over 400 lbs with diabetes and high blood pressure, but he was eating that stuff. My mother is diabetic, has congestive heart failure and high blood pressure and she was eating that stuff. My sister has had eating disorders for as long as I can remember her. They are not what you see in the movies, but I can remember her many times doing dangerous and crazy things to lose weight. Only to then go and binge for weeks. I'm not judging them and I don't feel the need to start preaching to them or anything. But watching them gave me an opportunity to see myself. Because I've been them. Until roughly six weeks ago, I was them.

I'm not saying that they should never have an occasional dessert. I'm not saying I won't. But it was the way they were eating that struck me. It was like they couldn't stop. Like something had just come over them and they couldn't control themselves. My husband, since meeting my family a few years ago, told me that we were all obsessed with food. Not as criticism, but it was what he'd observed. I'm starting to see that more and more clearly as time goes on. What's really interesting to me is that the sweets fest didn't begin until all the guests had left. Like they didn't want the guests to see how we really "get down". Before then they were all neatly wrapped and on the table. Wait, it get's better....

My husband and I get home and what does he do? Break out his caramel apples with peanuts. Good grief! How much is one woman supposed to stand? But I was cool. I actually wasn't even tempted even though I like those things. They smelled great, but I was cool.

All in all it was a good day and I'm proud of myself. I'm learning a lot about myself and overeating. So far, I think I'm pretty stellar.

Last edited by Amany; 09-05-2006 at 06:53 AM.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #42  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, you ARE stellar! I'm glad that you enjoyed being with your family and were able to see the trends that tend to go with food. My family is exactly like yours---my mom waits til she thinks no one is looking and then digs in and then pretends she doesn't know where the food went. And I wonder why I have food issues! I loved reading your journal entry, thanks so much for sharing it with us. Oh. And your husband? He gets 20 lashes with the wet noodle for bringing out those evil foods!

Heather, its great to see you back. I'm so glad you had such a great time with your brother. Looking forward to hearing great things from you!

Nighty-night ladies. See you bright & early!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #43  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

Sugar-N-Spice- Good Morning to you! Sorry hubby didn't make it back home right away. That's a bummer. Everyone seems to get that new song stuck in their head! I say the musicians are trying to brainwash us!
My mom and sister will eat when no one is looking too. I was pretty up front about my ice cream "problem". No need to hide. My mom however, can be tested. Tried, and true. If you bring something, let's say snicker ice cream bars, into the house. You can offer her one and she will say no, those are way too sweet. So, you put them in the freezer. In the middle of the night you will awaken to the sound of the freezer being opened and you will hear *crinkle crinkle*. And when you wake up the whole box has magically disappeared! Yes, this was an actual event. This type of thing happened all the time when I was still young enough to live there and she and my younger sister did it all the time. It used to make me mad because it made you feel you couldn't bring any treats into the house.Or leftover food if you went out with your friends. They didn't want to share, (and sometimes wouldn't even ask if it was okay to eat the stuff in the styrofoam box you brought home)they would wait until they had it alone and eat the whole thing! I am of course not angry over it now, because I truly understand they have a serious eating disorder. But these are the same people that will try to sabotage any healthy eating plan and they claimed I was "anorexic" when I was at my ideal weight...it's sad.

TriciaK- I think making dust rags is a great idea! My husband said he's going to burn my gray ones. He hates those in particular because he says nothing matches right with gray pants.
You gotta make a new weight loss ticker, I think. If I am wrong, please someone correct me. I always make a new one. Congratulations!
I have heard of Hebrew National hot dogs. The commercial says "We answer to a Higher Power". I always liked that.
I hope you don't have to deal with a quarantine.

brat_61886- Hi sweetie! I know it's sad when someone we admire dies. I feel really bad for the Irwin family. Steve Irwin always had the understanding that his job was deadly, and he could end up getting killed. In fact I read this morning his friend said that at one time they had all agreed if it was ever going to happen it would be in the ocean because Steve was to nimble on land. He just didn't have as much control in the ocean.

needhelp27- Glad to hear you had a fun trip! Good to hear you did pretty well on the diet too! Summer always does fly by, doesn't it? Hope you have a good day at school.

Amany- Good Morning! You did such a good job! Wow! I would probably have bailed when I saw the ice cream too. I admit to having an addiction to sugar, and when it's in ice cream form... fuhgetaboutit......
In't it funny how when we start to recognize our own eating problems, and we make consious changes that when we see other people doing things we used to "blindly" do, like for me, eat a whole pint of ice cream without a blink, that we are astounded. I hope someday your family will decide to make the change too. Diabetes it awful, so is congested heart failure. I'm so proud of you. I'm so happy you shared that experience with us.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #44  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Morning!

Having a hard time waking up this morning, too snuggly in the bed I think!

Brittni, I was so saddened about Steve Irwin. He was very popular in our house. He died doing what he loved, I can't think of a better way to go personally. Hang in there kiddo. Its really good to see you, I hope you have a terrific week!

Tricia, I really hope that you finally get to go to school! Have a great week!

Aqua, hello miss early bird. Did you do some :tred: yet? I say you do something creative with your overgrown sweatpants!
Yup, woke up bringin "sexyback" today too!lol What is it about his songs? I did this when Cry me a river came out too. He's brainwashed me,hasn't he?

Ladies have a fabulous morning! I have mucho running around this morning, but I'm gonna try real hard to get a workout in-even if its just a 20 min one! I can feel myself getting stronger everyday. What a lovely thing!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #45  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Danielle - Great job on the workout yesterday! 3 miles is major. You're hitting your stride, aren't you?
I'm with you on the cable issue. After our 5 day ordeal with Comcast last month, I wanted to get rid of them. At least for the internet. I can't yet though. Right now we have VOIP and we can't transfer our number to a landline phone. I want to use AT&T or Talk America for both dsl and phone. But my husband wants to leave his job, so he's searching for a new one. He's got tons of resumes out there with our current phone number.
I know what you mean about living hundreds of miles away from family members. I hope to within the next 5 years or so. Thankfully my husband is of like mind. Neither of us is particularly attached to our families. We love them and wish the best for them, but can go on without them. I wouldn't mind visiting on occasion, but I would have to drive. Since I never know how the visit is going to go, I have to be able to leave immediately if I need to.
20 lashes for my husband.... Hmmm.... Maybe it should also include some type of bondage. Then we'd have ourselves a fun time!
BTW, I hope you and your husband get to spend more time together today.

Aqua Congrats on your nsv!! You're gettin' lean over there mama! Don't be surprised if your husband burns those pink sweat pants now!
You're right. It is strange to see people doing what I once did regularly. There was a time when I ate a brownie sundae almost everyday. I've eaten quite a few pints of ice cream in one sitting too. I've literally eaten myself sick many times. You know that compulsion I wrote about? It feels like it's some type of separate entity. There are times that I can actually feel it creeping up and wanting to take over. Now that I recognize it, I know at that moment that I need to put the plate down.
I hope my family changes their habits too. I have about 10 or 12 nieces and nephews who need their parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents to be healthy.
My mom has improved over the years, but she has more "special occasions" than her doctor likes. When she splurges she goes too far. So, we've got my dad who's an alcoholic and diabetic, my mom who's diabetic with congestive heart failure, my sister with eating disorders, my oldest brother who over indulges in both food and liquor, my second oldest brother who's doing pretty well controlling his bp by keeping his weight down, the one after him who's 400+ lbs and diabetic and has been steadily gaining weight, another brother with congestive heart failure like my mom who, after the last heart scare, cut down on the food and lost weight, but not the drinking, me who is (was?) a binge eater with borderline-high bp and cholesterol in July and, lastly, my younger brother who's got to be around 300 lbs easily. I don't know what his bp is. He won't go to the doctor. We all have a lot to contend with. Yesterday my diabetic brother was slipping a bottle of liquor to the one with congestive heart failure.

Melissa - I'm glad to hear about the haircuts. You'd think with the tons of people that are hair stylists, it would be easier to get good service for reasonable prices. It has taken me two years to find a good person to wax my eyebrows without charging 20+ bucks for it. A few weeks ago, I had to take a chance and relax my own hair. Everyone else wanted to charge like $70 for it! Thankfully my older cousin's best friend has decided to come out of retirement part time. I can go to her every 5 - 6 weeks for a retouch and trim and she'll only charge me about $35 - 40.
I think if I became a millionaire I would still go to Walmart! I love it there. You guys are right about the crowds and lines though. I hate it when I have to go there after 9 in the morning. I try to go as early as possible. I especially love the ones down south. When I visit my aunts and cousins in Arkansas I find a reason to go just about everyday. Good place that Walmart....
Did you get the walk in?

Hi Tricia! - To change your counter, go into the user cp. It's on the top left part of the forum. Click "edit signature" and then change the number for your current weight. Congrats!!
I hope your room is ready for you today. It will be nice to get settled I'm sure. At least the school is addressing the problem before anyone gets sick, right? Look at it that way.
Thanks for the tips. I've never had Hebrew National hotdogs, but I just may try them. I've seen them in quite a few groceries.
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to find out what you've lost!!!

Oh Britt.... Post when you're ready. Even if you need to just really vent, ok? I'm sorry to hear this lose is hitting you so hard.

Hi Heather. It sound like you've been doing a fantastic job! Everyone goes off course on occasion. It's nothing to stress over. I'm glad you didn't throw the towel in. You just kept plugging away at it. Fantastic!
I think weaning yourself is much easier. It's great that you're approaching this as a lifestyle change and not a diet.
Let us know how you like Turbo Jam!

Well, ladies, it's way past time for me to get some clothes on. I don't want to waste this day by just sitting around. I'm going to have to figure out what workout to do first though.

I usually start listening to Christmas music in September. I love, love, love Christmas! I promised my husband that this year I'd wait until November. But I just heard that song from The Nutcracker. I think it's called The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy. I might have a hard time keeping my promise now...

Yesterday I got confirmation that I'm doing pretty good. My jeans kept hanging down on me. My mother who rarely ever compliments any weight loss I've accomplished mentioned to me about 2 or 3 times that I'm going to need new pants. My husband said I looked like one of those guys with the baggy pants. And to think that about 7 weeks ago, those jeans were tight! I had stomach mushrooming all over them.

Ok, I have to workout. BBL!

Last edited by Amany; 09-05-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote