3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 08-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #16
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii------------------------------thought about you all day long--you and peachers----------------------------you are having a 44 calorie meal by yourself---i would be into the cream pies by now----or the biscuits and jam---when i am down i make a whole pan of tea biscuits and eat them ALL----i think i better make some now before wabby gets back and puts us all on a diet------hi shatz~~ that interview sounded PAINful!!! forget it!!! xoxox i am zonked---think i am getting a cold ---good night dears~
Old 08-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
Member w/ messiest house

Have a great road trip, Wabs. Don't feel you have to eat everything just because you're going on a diet when you get back....you wouldn't do that, would you? Heh. I would.

Don't worry, Bagz, I added a chunk of kielbasa to balance out all those vitamins and stuff...

I am so lethargic today. I blame the fact that I was motivated enough to go get my routine blood test thingamig done this morning. Had to fast 12 hours for the cholesterol test, and then they drew 3 vials of blood. Sheesh. Had a chocolate bar and a chicken pot pie for lunch. Well, at least I'm done with that.

I fixed my piano bench and my vacuum last night. How ambitious of me. Now if I can rustle up enough energy, I'll finish tuning my piano and actually be able to use it. That would be nice.

Everything I do makes me feel sad, though. What a bore I am. Maybe instead of tuning the piano, I'll go get drunk with my dog friend up the lake.... Not a dog actually, a person who has dogs that play with Jet. Just in case you were worried about a dog drinking..

Where's Peachie poo? Did she get a sub job yet?

Oh yeah, heard from the kids yesterday. DDbf called me after he left DD at school. She called at 11 PM while waiting for the shower. They spent a couple of hours wandering around the campus before she had to check in with her program. She finally learned what she'll be doing this week. They are sleeping in a church hall not far from the campus and working in a nursing home -- anything from painting some rooms to taking residents out on errands to organizing activities with them.

Kiwi
Old 08-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #18
The magic shrinking cow

I can't post. When I hit backspace, my post goes away. I can't type without hitting backspace. Grr.

Veg*n/Spark/Bellydance/Yoga/Weights/Jogging/Tae Kwon Do
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:04 AM   #19

I think I found a mate for Kiwi's Rosie... meet Robbie! http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=128

I'm sorry yer feelin bleu Kiwi.. While they say alcohol is a depressant I say go have some margies on the lake this weekend! Glad that DD arrived safely. She's probably soooo exxxcited!

I'm sure Wabbo is having a wonderful time... PEACHERS WHERE ART THOU!! Baggysaggypants feel better darlin ... Cherry cow Whose been messin with that backspace!!!

I may be related to Lulu and Ray... Here's one exchange to amuse..
Here's the scene: My gfren and I were taking a walk after lunch around the Corporate grounds in the Fall...
Act 1
Shatz: I love the Fall, the autumn foilage is so beautiful!
gfren: what, like the when the trees get all tin foily?
Schatz: Whaddaya mean?
gfren: It's Folliage .... we

Act 2
We continue our walk, which in Jersey includes dodging those bloody spitting, pooping mean Canada Geese..

Schatz: Hmmpf, I wish these things would immigrate already
gfren: Oooh, I didn't know that geese have passports....
!

I like to make up words too. surprised?
Old 08-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #20
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

shatzi--you are insane---that is exactly why you fit in so well!!---KIWI---- drinking is certainly a distraction that in my opinion is well worth the effort at the time and maybe "not so much" later on {the next morning}---go for it---i do remember the only thing that made me feel "okay" about the nest vacating situation was the fact that the 'evacuee' was having such a GRAND time----that does help i think---i wonder how peachds is making out---he's been there for a week right???---drink up,me darlin!!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #21
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Cow View Post
I can't post. When I hit backspace, my post goes away. I can't type without hitting backspace. Grr.
I've had weird things like that happen to me too. I'm pretty sure it has to do with some web page or software resetting my keyboard options temporarily because it always clears up after rebooting.

Schatzi, I love the immigration of the goose population, or in this case I guess we should encourage them to emigrate. When we had a trailerable sailboat, sometimes we used to go launch it in Moosehead Lake about an hour away from here and the boat ramp area and parking area were some sort of magnet for geese. Every inch of the grassy areas was covered with nasty goose poop (for those who haven't had the pleasure: it's the size of cat poop but much more disgusting). It would have been such a nice place to hang out if not for that. I've heard of some places where they hire herding dogs to keep the place clear of wild geese. Jet would love that! We don't get geese in any quantity around here though for some reason

Bagz, you're such a bad influence... I did go visit and waste the rest of the day on the beach watching the dogs chase each other and getting comfortably numb. Sometimes you just have to follow your instincts, eh?

Yesterday we went to the American Folk Festival in the big city. That was very good as usual, saw some killer piano players, and Throat Singing which was fascinating.

Talked to DD last night. She had spent the day gardening at the nursing home they are working at. That's a first! Today they will be exploring Boston.

Apparently the first night when they were still at the college gym, they had a visit from the weirdos who were heading out on the wilderness trip the next day -- a parade au naturel in the dark. Yes, I am serious. I do not know how you convince that many 18 year olds to streak, but hey, I'm glad mine was a spectator and not a participant. It is so comforting to know that the old traditions are held up for the next generation -- in 1973 on the very same campus in my freshman year we were treated to one of the first streakers any had ever of. Of course he was in broad daylight. How proud am I...

Kiwi
Old 08-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #22
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

THAT PROGRAM CERTAINLY SOUNDS INTERESTING KIWONKERS!!!!--- i am not quite sure how this works---what is the reasoning behind the nursing home assignment??? it is a wonderful thing to do,but i have never heard of such a thing around here----do ALL freshmen have to partake?? certain faculties???--how is it listed on the cirriculum??? DO TELL!!!---all the kids around here do is party and maybe stand on the sidewalk selling shoe shines and buttons for some charity-----{shinerama for Cystic Fibrosis---dd22 just tole me}sooooooooooo ---this is the big week around here----step dd 20 leaves for Scotland tomorrow---step dd starts first year ,dd starts third year,dd22 starts 3 and a half year {she took time off}----the house will be empty by next sunday except for the ds and dh and dd22 who is here sporadically----------------the washing machine may even get a twenty-four hour respite---that thing deserves a medal for all the work it's done this summer-------------speaking of the washer,the clothes need a foldin and the bed needs a makin----CARRY ON COWS.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #23

no cow is in the pasture... cept me.....
word for the day

"Scalloping"

used as following: WOW , this is Scalloping hot!

Genus: a mix of the words Scald and Gallop.

Meaning: When something is so hot that by touch causes one to hop around to try, unsuccessfully to cool oneselfs fingers tongue or throat.

DISCUSS
Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #24
loves kleenex box art

scalloped edges on sheets and blouses were started by a seamstress who was so hot she couldn't cut/sew straight.

scallops from the sea were invented when God got too hot to make anything I'd like to eat like broccolini.

This man I know got email from me about my computer problem and responded with "sounds like you want male company." I didn't answer for a week but finally told him I'd get back to him when DS comes home to give me more info. Told him I was depressed. He called to "cheer" me up. I learned all sorts of stuff about him but was not cheered up.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #25

PEEEEEEEEACHERS Ive Misssssed you

I think scalloped edging was "invented" by tailors who couldn't sew straight.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #26
loves kleenex box art

Everyone who does not post on Tuesday must gain two extra lbs as a fine.

I would like scalloped taters.

I have this ex-sil who was paying child support for ex as he couldn't remember to do so. So confusing that it's apparently her own money she's been sending. I dont' get that at all so I asked one of the aunt's to explain. She forwarded my email to the exsil who had already told me she was stopping the check business this month. I emailed exsil to tell her that the check did not come ... I thought she'd want to know it was lost somewhere. She said that when I emailed her aunt, her responsibility to me ended. Can you believe that?

I mean this. She had no responsiblity to MMEEEEEE but to DS. Still, no one has explained why she has been sending her money and not his and no one will tell me why I'm not allowed to speak to the aunt. They are so jealous!! Both DS and his sis do not want me to speak to others in that family. There was nothing in the email to p*ss her off so .. she's just ... weird and I'm out the money.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #27
The magic shrinking cow

I'm here! Can't afford to gain two extra pounds!

(Oh, now I can backspace. Odd.)

I'm all excited because I'm going to get some cute new lunchboxes. I've been bringing my lunch to school lately, and it seems to be working out. So now, I need one of these.

Peaches, that's so strange about your ex-SIL.

I like scalloping hot! A few years ago, my boss and I invented a new term while IM-ing. "Snuckle." A combination of a snicker and a chuckle.

Gotta go. Weights at 5:30am. This is my second week of getting up at 5:30am to exercise, but now I don't have to get up at 3:00am to work.

Veg*n/Spark/Bellydance/Yoga/Weights/Jogging/Tae Kwon Do
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #28
loves kleenex box art

That's a WONDERFUL site, Cherry. I want one, too. They make lunch-taking sound appetitzing.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:53 AM   #29

Surprise!
It finally rained here a bit yesterday and today. It would be nice if it rained tomorrow, too. The temperature is FINALLY below 80. Even at 2 am. (I have no idea WHY I am still up at 2 am... maybe the iced tea after dinner.)

I saw a new therapist. She zeroed in on self-esteem and "worth" issues. I like her. Nevertheless, it's going to be a challenge to find comfort that isn't chocolate covered.

DS passed his state teaching licensing exam in MA and starts teaching next week. His fiance started work today.
If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. - W. Beran Wolfe
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #30
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yay painty!!---good for ds and fiance----nothing like starting new jobs!!!---fresh young people--they are so lovely!!!--and your therapist---can she come to the cowshed and help us all out????----i have friends who live in Texas--they come up here to run in marathons cause it's alot cooler!!----CHERRY!!!---could you please get us doing weights again!!!--i keep looking at them in the corner and willing them to appear in my hands!!!---imagine thinking that getting up at five thirty is "late" haha!!! love it---i want one of those laptops for ds to take to school but i don't want to get slapped with duties---i must see if they have them in Canada---they look great--i think Tupperware might have something like that------WHERE IS KIWI??? I HOPE SHE HAS RECOVERED FROM HER MARGIE-FEST!!!! COME BACK HERE AND REPORT WHAT IS UP!!!----AND OF COURSE PEACHERS--THAT TWO POUND FINE HAS EVERYONE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK---- child support issues!!! i hear ya!!!----in canada they stop at 19 years----ds isn't 19 yet----what are the legal ramifications of her nutty remarks???? is there an agreement??? pain in the arse that is!!