Old 09-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #46  

Hi cows. I'm here listening. Cherry, we love it when you check in, be it about cleaning or exercising or just life. You're one of our most inspiring of the entire herd. I cleaned after work on Wednesday and on Thursday I was sitting in the family room and noticed the big 'ol cobwebs draped from one corner to the other. Now that my kids have moved out, I blame all the dust and dirt on my dogs.

For some reason, and even tho my kids are grown, I always feel like fall is a new beginning time. So these are my goals for the fall (deja vu Perfect1999) -
1. Walk every weekday.
2. Keep a food journal.
3. Start back with the flylady type house cleaning. (but I'm not signing up for the d*mn constant nagging emails.)
4. Get rid of some kind of house junk every week.
5. Work on getting a little more organized at work.

That's it. any more and I won't do any of it.

Bagzie, Labour Day sounds so much classier than plain 'ol Labor Day. I think we're planning on having a BBQ at some point and going out in the boat at some point, but other than that, just hanging out at home.

I wouldn't say I actually sneak food, but I'm aware of being embarassed sometimes at my food intake. Sneaking is the next step..... and how silly b/c no one else cares!!!

p.s. I found an old food journal I started back in 2003. I was within 1 lb. of my present weight. crazy.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #47  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, I have a weight loss notebook I started in 2000. I gained 30 pounds since starting that notebook (I've lost about 16 of what I gained.) Just to put it all into perspective... when I started the notebook, I was 25 pounds heavier than I was when I first started posting at WLB.

Sigh... now I have to find my extension cord and vacuum. I'm tired of cleaning.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #48  
The magic shrinking cow

Dogs are clean. Extension cord is missing. Will have to unplug and replug vacuum in every room. I did not use the extension cord last, but I'm the one who has to deal with it being missing.

Then to mop and pack.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #49  
The magic shrinking cow

Vacuuming is done. Things are on their way back to where they're supposed to be. Guess I should go put away laundry.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I AM TIRED AFTER READING ABOUT CHERRY'S CLEANING-- i had to work all day at the shop and right now i am SICK of stupid people and esp stupid customers---two asian guys were snarky to me cause i wouldn't sell them three cards for 7.50. the cards are three dollars each plus 14 percent tax. SOOO they said "no buy" and i said 'that's fine'. I don't like feeling bullied into giving a "deal"---we are a small shop---like my friend in the next shop said "would they go down to Hallmark Store and expect a deal??"---grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr------kiwonkers----glad you got dd all settled---my dd is settling in this weekend as well---i must call her!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #51  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi Bagzzie!

I guess I'm done. I don't feel all that accomplished though. Sure, it looks great, but by next Tuesday evening, it will look like a garbage dump again. I just get tired of the futility sometimes.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #52  

We shouldn't feel bad, Cherry, just think what damage we could do if we didn't even try to keep the weight off.

Word on the futility of cleaning, but it's nice when you come home to a clean house, so it will be worth it when you come back from Iowa, Cherry.

....and word on the stupid customers, Bagz. Just had a call for service 1/2 hour after my guys day is over, the friday of a 3 day holiday. Do you think they might have called this morning?? When DH gives an estimate and the ppl try to work him down on the price, he always counters back with a price higher than the original estimate, it always makes the customers smile when they realize the price is going up, not down. Of course, he's soooo charming how can they not like him? So next time they try to buy cards for 3/$7.00, say they're on sale, 3/$10 plus tax and see what they say.

Can you imagine how exciting life is for Kiwiette, Peachboy and the Little Bagz's? I want to be young and going off to school!!! Guess that boat's sailed.

Is Schatzi in the middle of a hurricane???? Hope you're ok, girl.

Happy Labor **** Labour Day to all you cowsies!!!!!
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #53  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

good idea wabbs!!! i should try that---usually i am in a better mood and can deal with such things,but i wasn't in a good mood and i have had one of our cow-killer headaches that we all seem to get------------that was the kicker----now---peachers--where are you and did your problem get solved??? what the eff is everyone doing this weekend?
Old 09-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #54  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
So these are my goals for the fall (deja vu Perfect1999) -
1. Walk every weekday.
2. Keep a food journal.
3. Start back with the flylady type house cleaning. (but I'm not signing up for the d*mn constant nagging emails.)
4. Get rid of some kind of house junk every week.
5. Work on getting a little more organized at work.

That's it. any more and I won't do any of it.
That's all? I don't think I can possibly keep up with you. I am such a sloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Cow View Post
Dogs are clean.
OO, that's what I need, a clean dog. Can you come and clean my dog?

I have discovered a cool quoting device here -- have you seen the Multi-Quote button? I asked Suzanne about it and she said it didn't seem to do anything, so she had it fixed. Now if you click it, it turns orange, and you can click as many quotes as you want to use in your reply, then click one of the regular quote buttons and it will give you a reply box with all the quotes in it. Cool, huh?

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #55  
loves kleenex box art

I don't have a multi-quote button. Where is it?

DS has his homework on the computer desk. On top of it is a google map to lcp's school. I hate this.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

DS is home? Why shouldn't he have directions to his gf? Is he preparing to skedaddle? Homework? What's that?

One of our computers has DDbf's photo as wallpaper. Not my puter, DH's--dd always used that one before she got her own. I keep thinking DH is going to change it, but he's probably not even aware that he's looking at it every day. Actually it's a pretty neat photo (below), but it seems somehow inappropriate for it to be the wallpaper on DH's computer, don't you think?

Here's what I don't like about what DD is doing at college: apparently her advisor thinks this is an appropriate course schedule for the first semester of her freshman year:
  • Expository Writing (requirement)
  • Elementary Arabic
  • Intro to Peace & Justice Studies
  • Intro to Islamic Law
  • Kathak Dance (northern Indian style)
  • Faculty Seminar (taught by the advisor) -- entitled "Love Literature in the Arab and Muslim World"
Granted she wants to major in Middle Eastern Studies, but this is ridiculous. Where is the History, Science, Psychology, Economics, Math????? What I think is that she's starting on a road to a 5 or 6 year education.

So that's my rant for the day. I'm hoping this will make Peaches feel like she is not alone.

Hey, I got peectures!!!! In the email!!! from my leetle kid!!! I'll post the one of move-in day.

The multi-quote button is the one right next to the regular quote button, with the giant quote marks. You know what else is cool here now? If you upload a photo and it's too big, the site will automatically resize it for you. I am trying that now, I hope it works right.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006_08Move In Day.jpg (42.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Kiwonk; 09-27-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #57  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am trying this out--if it works,it's a sunset from my friend in nova scotia's cottage {we were there last month} he's the one whose wife is fighting breast cancer................................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8755.jpg (28.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #58  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh i am soooooooooo excited~~~ !!! thank you for telling me that about the pictures kiwonk---i always used to try to upload them but i didn't know how to resize when they requested it~~~!!!!!----my goodness,those courses of dd's sound DAUNTING!!!!---is she happy with them??? if not, i think she should let them know asap---it seems a bit concentrated for first year----my dd took all business courses the first year,regretted it ,changed to sciences cause she wants into Vet School,and is sorry she has all those useless {well,not entirely useless} courses that are keeping her a year behind the others who are applying to Vet School!!! i think---keep your options open!!!---stepdd wants to major in math,but we told her to keep it more general for the first year---take SOME math,but not ALL!!!!----what can you do!!! oh well---what's so bad about being in school for several years--those are the BEST years if i recall!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #59  
Member w/ messiest house

That's a gorgeous pic, Bagz!! Isn't that slick how the program just resizes your photo for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-my goodness,those courses of dd's sound DAUNTING!!!!---is she happy with them??? if not, i think she should let them know asap---it seems a bit concentrated for first year-
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm concerned about. I haven't been able to talk to her about it yet (so what else is new, eh Peachie? ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-what's so bad about being in school for several years--those are the BEST years if i recall!!!
Oh sure, easy for you to say........sounds expensive to me!!

I'm looking forward (not) to a very long 24 hours. I have to go on a liquid fast for a certain procedure/test which shall remain nameless that I have to go in for tomorrow. All because I turned 50 years old in the past year. I do not think this is a very nice way to commemorate such a milestone. I am also not impressed that they called me up to tell me that my blood test for hormone levels says that I have actually gone through menopause (not that I didn't suspect that anyway, but who needs some stinky lab telling you?)

Yes, Ms Kiwi, in honor of your advanced age, we would like to present you with some vile tests for which you can not enjoy anything decent to eat for a day before and then we will put you in a backless seethrough poncho and further humiliate you! Can I offer you a suppository? Perhaps you'd like to invite some friends and relatives to enjoy the festivities? Would you mind if these 12 year olds we are training observe the procedure and take videos?

I think if I prepare myself for the most awful experience my imagination can come up, maybe it won't be so bad. In any case, I plan to spend the rest of the day today watching tv and feeling sorry for myself.

Kiwi
Old 09-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #60  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

awwwwwwwww kiwonkers!!the only good thing about such events is the JOY you feel after they are OVER!!!---i remember the drinking of barium that i enjoyed a while back while the lovely machine took pics of my esophagus and big fat gut.Such enjoyment and no one to share it with. I did manage to dodge the suppository but i hear they want people to start having colonoscopy exams at the age of 50-----then you get to drink cod liver oil styled drinks. This aging is so INteresting!!!!-----i am feeling sorry for you as well---i wish someone would tell me that MY mentalpause is over---i am all blown up like a balloon with an aching back waiting for AUNT DOT. or AUNT FLO or as i like to call it ---THE PLAGUE. This is proof that GOD is indeed NOT a woman!!!!!