Old 09-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #301  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Swoop... saved us from bumping over to the next page.

Happy sneezy mornin' to you. It's 59 degrees right now. Pillows were cool, blanket warm - optimum conditions for the mattress monster to keep me in his grip but everyone insisted I get up.

Good to hear that things settled for Jen Mel. I don't understand the screwy system myself. Hope you had a good ride. Get out and enjoy the weather while you can - the calendar is flying by - soon it will be blustery and cold.

Meadow - stay well, keep up with the brocolli, avoid the germs that are building force. Thanks for the recipe - I shall have to try it - they had some nice looking zuchinnis at the farmers market - not those little fellers they have in the stores. Big strapping guys just begging to be made into something tasty Cream cheese frosting sounds yummy to me

Interesting how different foods make you feel when you pay attention there. Last night for supper we had grilled fish - wild salmon for me, swordfish for DH, pasta salad with lots of fresh veggies, corn on the cob and some fabulous fresh pineapple for dessert. Supper was very good and I was fine - satisfied but not stuffed. The other night I made a batch of spaghetti sauce and we had pasta with Italian Sausage. Lordy, that stuff just sat in my gut and even 3 hours later I still felt bloated. Or maybe it was that pineapple that they say has enzymes that kick start the digestive process.

Nose is stuffy right now. A symptom of the cooler mornings. It was terrible when we used to go camping and sleep outside - we only liked camping when the temperatures got to a high of 70. Otherwise the tent got too hot during the day and it was uncomfortable at night. If the days were cooler, consequently the nights were too. I'm glad it was DH who got up in the cool dampness and started the fire to set the coffee on. Not sure I could sleep outside in the cold anymore. You'd have to roll me out of the tent and into the sun where my old stiff bones could warm up before I could get unstiff and stand up.

Watched Oprah last night. Her guest was Janet Jackson. She lost 60 pounds in 4 months - had gained weight for a movie role she was excited about and then they changed the production schedule on her so she had to reluctantly bow out due to conflicts. Lost the weight, looks fabulous. Even at 40 it can be done. Yep, very inspiring but would I have to give up my pumpkin spiced coffee - well no, just the flavored creamer that goes in it. Seems like alot of people who have lost a great deal of weight do the same thing - healthy food - no fried or white stuff, mini meals - 5 to 6 times a day - tiny portions, eat even if not hungry to keep the metabolism up. And exercise - they say a minimum of 30 minutes a day but I personally think 30 minutes won't do it if you're 100 pounds over weight. But 30 minutes is a good start - better than 30 minutes on the couch. Build the muscles to burn the calories, increase the frequency and lower the amount of food to keep the metabolism stoked.

Ok, I'm going off in search of an allergy pill. Have a good one peeps.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a quick check in--No trainee or trainer this afternoon. It's so peacful.

Still have the headache which I think is due to the training session that's been going on. I've taken a couple of pain aids this morning but it's still with me. I've had a regular dr pepper. Maybe the caffiene from that will perk me up a little later.

Mel I got the book yesterday. I've glanced at it. This is a doable plan. I almost laughed when I saw one of the diagrams. It was exactly like one of the algebra formula's that I use.

Shad Enjoy those flowers. We're about to see fall colors here.

Happy I agree that children expect to much from their parents. I had to work and pay for what I have also, college included.

Meadow I'll be trying that zuchinni cake recipe. My mom used to bake that. It's yummy.

SuziHow's the new car?

PWWhen my niece got married her mother in law wanted to do the decorating for the rehersal dinner.

The paxil is making me feel a lot more relaxed. My brain is not as cloudy as it once was either.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #303  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

I just realised I didn't get back here yesterday. Never mind. I'm here today. And the news is that I am once again unemployed. Good or bad, I haven't worked it out yet. However the agencies are getting on the case and I have spoken to a couple of people who could find me work as well. There is one lady who is stressing to get me into a job she thinks I am 'just perfect' for. I decided not to tell her I am not perfect!!!

Mel - before I forget again. The book arrived while I was away. Apparently a note fell through the letterbox and DB2 did the brotherly thing and went down to the Post Office to rescue it. I just have to read it now.

I have to admit DB2 has been a real good guy while I was away, he has watered the pot plants including the inside ones and generally kept things alive. The DS2 has mowed and tidied as well. It could be a lot worse than it is. I just have to find out who has the spare car key. I know DB2 borrowed the car to take niece and himself to a company do one night. I presume he still has it as I can't see it.

Miss Puss is not happy with me being away so long. It seems that a short period of time is fine but the 6 weeks was not short!!! Anyway when I went to get her, she dug in the claws, drew blood and then hopped into the cage and squawked all the way home. She still yowls if I go missing around the house and tends to follow me around. Life will return to normal sometime soon I hope.

Glad you liked the photo. Not much else to photograph at Weipa. I'll put some of them up on webshots today or tomorrow - they will be mostly sunsets and sunrises with the occasional interesting subject in between.

Today is clean the bedroom end of the house day. I have unpacked and have some washing to do as well. But first it is time to go to the gym and do a bit of a work out. Then some shopping for garden mulch etc.

Mel - I am going to try that recipe for the pork. I bought a pork fillet the other day. Now I shall get some peppers today and some more dried apricots and will make it

Ceejay - good to hear you are feeling better

Happy - That meal sound very much like what I had for dinner last night - Salmon rubbed with Greek seasoning and grilled, mesclun salad with grape tomatoes, roasted red pepper, goat cheese and red onion - very colourful. I don't like pineapple so I just had an orange and a glass of rose wine. Very nice it was too. Similar tonight.

Gotta rush. Should be at the gym already. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #304  

It should be a quite day on my part. I'll have to get used to do things for myself again here at work.

More later.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #305  
Choose your hard

Morning chicks,

Hi CeeJay - I see your light a shinin' We are taking a road trip to our Jonesboro plant on October 9th. I'm not driving and it's a pretty busy schedule they have planned for the day so I'll just wave to you from there.

Well 6 weeks at the cattery. No wonder Sunday was upset. It does make things difficult being away that long. You have to remind her that you were away for that long too. Hope something comes through quickly for you on the job front. I know you're not worried about it.

Well I guess everyone was very busy yesterday. I guess I'd better go do the same. See you later...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #306  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM FINE BUT INSANITY HAS HIT MY WORLD. WILL EXPLAIN LATER OR TOMORROW. LOVE TO ALL
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #307  
Smackin' into a Wall

Honeys, I'm home. Oh, we had a great time. We saw two plays ("Spamalot" and "The Drowsy Chaperone") and ate and drank and caroused and looked at art and walked until my feet were raw. I'm afraid to step on the scales, but I'm hoping the walking offsets other not so positive behaviour.

Mel~ Hang in there! Don't let the insanity win. just keep your head down.

Shad ~ Hope your period of unemployment is brief yet enjoyable. I'm sure something will come along shortly. Poor Sunday. I had cats all over me yesterday and I was only gone 4 days, I can only imagine what it would be like after 6 weeks.

Ceejay~ I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Relaxed is good.

Happy~ I watched a bit of the Oprah interview too. Of course, it helps that she had someone to walk her through all her workouts and personal chefs and all that, the approach did seem to make a lot of sense. 30 minutes would probably do it if it was the right 30 minutes. And heck, most people have to start somewhere.

Meadow~ Hope your kids are feeling better.

PW ~ Maybe you could get someone to make you something for the wedding? You could probably get something much nicer that way. I'd vote for something reusable too. So many MOG dresses look, well, too MOG. No need to spend a fortune. I've never really understood the need to spend a down payment on a house on a wedding day, but it's hard to say no when everyone keeps saying "You should" and "you must do this and that". I really like this new approach you are taking.

Hi to every one Holly and Tig and Suzi and everyone else…
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #308  
Choose your hard

Oh, poor Mel - come on down to my side of town. Not only is it sane here - well relatively speaking and they ain't in no hurry to do nuttin' fast either. (Purposely using bad grammar here Shad, don't cringe).

Welcome back Madcat. How did you like the plays? I saw a bit of the Drowsy Chaperone on The View TV Show. Rosie O'Donnell is big into Broadway. They did one song and had Georgia Engel as a special guest. I'm not so sure I could handle Spamalot myself. I need to take Monty Python in small doses. Sounds like you very quite active, hope you had fun.

Just peeked in here - I'm off to bed. Got to get up earlier, I am dawdling too much in the morning. 'Night all...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 AM   #309  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Thursday already. Where has the week gone. Well nowhere much really. I've been having a fairly lazy time. Weeding in the garden, washing, picking the roses and the lavender, bit of this and that and some time at the gym.

Speaking of the gym, has anyone had sessions with the Fitball sometimes known as the Swiss Ball?? Before I left Weipa, the stand-in trainer there introduced me to a pilates session with the ball. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did some more yesterday at the gym but unfortunately can't remember all the moves. I'm thinking I might get one for here at home so I can really give the abs a bit of an extra workout. It tends to give you a bigger workout than you think you are getting and works the abs mostly - you need to keep them active to achieve balance on the ball. I must admit that the tops of the thighs were somewhat stiff the next day as well.

Been working on the job front. It seems I will be interviewing for another Government position here in Brisbane. Finance again!!! Still it will keep me here for the next six months and that means holiday time. There were two agencies trying to get me to send my cv. I've given it to the one who has done the most work for me. It works both ways. I'll let you know how it goes.

Madcat - glad to hear that you had such a good time. Two plays huh?!!! Last time that happened here was when I shouted the ex to a weekend in Sydney to see Phantom of the Opera and Miss Saigon. He wasn't ex then of course. Love the photo of the taxis. Look forward to seeing them myself next year.
When is the new car coming?? Have you got a parking space in the building for the little darling???

Ceejay - quiet times at work are to be treasured. Usually the phones ring, the boss wants something, the slaves want something, and then to top it all off someone does something completely wrong.

Mel - we need to organise a speak session. I better ring Happy too because she is probably still recovering from the last bill. Heck I should send her some $$$ to help pay for it. My 1/2 blocks are $5 each. I think the highest I have ever had is $20.00 or maybe one of the phone calls to Teel was a bit higher come to think about it. I might even try to get hold of Linus one of these days.

Rung my sister tonight to discuss travel arrangements and accommodation + food and transport. I now have a calendar on the wall detailing the times and dates. Then DB2 rung to talk about dinner tomorrow night. Now my friend Chris from down the road is on the phone to borrow the Weber for her sons 18th Birthday party. It's all go round here. Maybe Weipa wasn't such a bad place after all - at least it was quiet.

Better go do some ironing and finish folding up the washing. Later I may put some photos on Webshots. See you all tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #310  
Choose your hard

Shaddie - don't worry about the phone bill. That's "tuition in the school of experience". I thought since my long distance within the U.S. was cheap, so would my "really long distance" calling. Now I know better and Mel gave me some suggestions. We'll sort it out and get it right yet.

Ok, I've only had time to lurk this morning. Didn't sleep well so I'm kind of dragging. Got to get myself ready and out the door soon. I'll be back tonight.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #311  
Smackin' into a Wall

Moring darlings... re the phone bill, has anyone tried any of those "Call over the Internet" services (VOIP)?? I know in the early days the sound quality and lag was really bad, but I think the technology has improved. It might require some additional equipment like a mic or a sound card, but in the long run it could be useful. Not sure how it works other than that - it might be $$$ for all I know. Could be worth looking at though.

Back later.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #312  

Morning all
This is the last day of over time and I'll have a well deserved 3 day week end.
I''m ready to get out of town.

Not much going on. Still quite.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #313  

Default Morning All

Hi everyone, Shad is back to the home front with Sunday and all is right with the world for the time being. Mel I hope the sanity has returned it is better to have a little insanity to keep your humor intacted.
Happy when my friend was alive we phoned each other all the time and I found some great deals on international phone cards that were very inexpensive.
I had a great weekend my mom and Andy came down and helped me tackle a few odds and ends around the house. It was great to see them and they are so cute and happy. My mom's hand is doing well it isn't and will never look right but she has decent function.
Ladies thank you for your prayers and thoughts about my friend.... she phoned the sunday before last when I had company but I could tell her voice was just like before and I felt so much better. We spoke this week and had a great conversation it was so good. Answered prayer that one!
I am going to take care of a home patient one night a week to stay in tune with his care and be in the loop, so if one of his care givers gets sick I can help out.
The morning sun is so beautiful and I have a day off in front of me with things to get done. The morning coffee is yummy and feel content. Hope everyone has a great day and the weekend is almost upon us....
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #314  
Happy September

Lightbulb Please God stop the INSANITY

Although I am laughing about it now, the last 2 days were not funny. The woman losing her mind spent all her time, both days and nights, between ringing mine and Jen's doorbell while we were all still trying to get the family to respond. Then "she" called the cops to report us abusing her on her roof (office staff and maint. staff included) and sent them down the street to another house! There were 3 cop cars with search lights looking on all roof tops at 1 AM......by chance I ran into one of the neighbors and began to figure it all out. Called the cops to tell them the puzzle was solved and we finally got the family to respond. Of course they are blaming all of us. Typical. Yesterday morning I spent from 4 to almost 8 AM with her until someone from the office could relieve me. Yesterday was filled with the paperwork that goes along with it etc.
Feeling more myself after a good nights sleep BUT I am taking a 4 day weekend and the office can worry about the rest of it. I am going to the food store tomorrow and buying some greens, fruit and a rotisserie chicken. If it's raining I'll order Chinese food!!
No cooking or work for Mellie this entire weekend.

Madcat~ home!!! So glad it was a good trip and hope you feel renewed!!!!

Ceejay~ enjoy your long weekend also!! Have a great time!! Do something wonderful for yourself! New book, new candle, new scent?????? WOW the book got there fast. Enjoy.

Shad~ busy is good....keeps you out of trouble!!
Very glad to hear that you are in demand and the $$$ will keep on rolling in!!! Let me know when a good time to call is...it's my turn!!

Happy~ if I could....I would retire in the South and become a Southern Belle too Build a cabana by the pool and I will come!!!

to everyone else.
Have to go start my day. Better late than not at all

Old 09-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #315  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING MISS NAE!! SORRY WE MISSED EACH OTHER. GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIEND, THE VISIT AND THE USE OF MOM'S HAND. THANK GOD FOR SMALL FAVORS!!!! HOPE THIS WEEKEND IS AS GREAT FOR YOU AGAIN!