Old 09-23-2006, 08:57 PM   #286  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

PW ~ I did have one more thought on the MOG dress... I did buy something in a color that I absolutely adored if that helps. And I was happy with how much I paid for it. It was almost a last minute purchase, but I declared what color I was going to wear and stuck to it. Took all the stress out of it for everybody. Does that help?
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:36 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning all

Happy-did you get storms or just rain? We got rain and lots of it.

Mel--Thanks for the report on the paxil. I'm thinking it may be the stress of the job that is making me feel this way. I sometimes think I'm a little paranoid ( ms). T has told me several times that he doesn't want me to quit. We shall see what the paxil does for me. Hope your day goes better than yesterday.

Tig--I understand about the over time and stress eating.

Suzi and painterwoman hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #288  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Next Stop Brisbane For Shaddie

After the woman came here 3 more times...finally the office will have to deal with this Monday. The DD is well aware of what her mother is doing too...sigh. I did the best I could.
The little kids are back in Florida. Jen took a nap and woke up vomiting. Called them downstairs and had a long talk with her and the BF that ended about 11pm. Something has to give. But she looks much better now.
In all the excitement she had forgotten to take her stomach meds. Insert another sigh here.
I refuse to send the grandson back to them till they calm down. He loves me anyway! roflmao
I need to do some serious laundry and will get it all bagged and sorted today for the upcoming week. Bad Mel!
Happy Sunday!! And good morning Brisbane!!

Ceejay~ trust me when I say it helped Jen a lot. She was in the midst of facing retirement at such an early age and fighting it every step of the way. When she was calmer...it was easy for her to see she weighed 95lbs and needed to quit. Wasn't easy but the drug helped immensely(sp). I think as the days/weeks go by you will find less to think about and get back on track. Think positive thoughts.

Shad~ HEY!!! I thought you were home already! Thank God you listen to signs! Very hard to pull one out of a croc's mouth once he's got a hold on you!!
Having said that....looking forward to the pics though!! LOL

Tig~ Hello stranger. Think of you and wondered how work was going. Stay well!!! I can see a good rest-up for you in the future.....lots of rides and down time.
Wind in the hair stuff.

Happy~ I have been pretty good with keeping my distance from the office. You had the same weather we had. Hot and humid! It was awful. A/C has sionce been turned back on!!! Pick a very thin book for your December club!!! Christmas with the Kranks..... Farmer's market...YUM YUM YUM!

Suzi~ You have a good idea about the old friend. Don't think, just enjoy the time. When I moved...many times.... some friends felt deserted. They either do or don't get over it. So have a good visit when the time comes. and thanks for the understanding.

Holly~

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #289  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chick-a-dee dee dee dees

Gorgeous morning here - from 90's yesterday to mid 70's today after yesterday's storms. We didn't get much in the way of thunder and lightning CeeJay but we did get did the winds and the torrential downpours that they call rain here all day and occasionally into the evening. Good soak for everything.

I did get to the Farmers Market yesterday. Got lots of fresh and very tasty veggies - corn on the cob, green beans, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, some really LONG golden potatoes and green peppers. I picked up some picture perfect looking peaches - they didn't have much else in the way of fruit. I also got some Walla Walla onions that smelled soooo strong I couldn't keep them in the house. They are on the back porch keeping the monsters at bay. I have a feeling I'm not going to like those onions - good thing I only got 2 of them. My favorites are the sweet Vidalias but they are past the season.

On the list today is getting the toes done, shopping will be easy - just some meat and a bit of dairy stuff. Come back, get the laundry and housecleaning out of the way.

Last night I stayed up until 2am reading - finished my book club selection - first time I actually FINISHED the book. DH was sitting in the room with me playing games on the computer. While it was late for me, it was REALLY late for him to stay up. Must have been a fun game.

Going to go hit the bricks now and get busy. Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #290  

HI Ladies!!!

Susie- in the banana bread I sub 1/2c apple sauce for 1/2c butter. So that helps.
For the stuffed peppers use ground turkey. Other wise they are very healthy and yummy.

Mel- hope today will be relaxing.

Bet Shad is happy to be home.

Happy- I loaded up at ther market yesterday too. Apples this time of year are dreamy.

Hi Tig, Meadow, PW, MRS Mad, Linus,Teel................HUGS!!!

Everything that was planned for the morning is done. Went over to chat with new neighbour and his DD who is 6 today, just 2 days younger than my DD. Hubby popped over too. They have the same name.It was fun to introduce them. Then they both said HI "Joe" at the same time. His DD is here twice a week. Cool.

30 min til we go the the jungle gym place. I get to sit and read and have a coffee for 2 hours while they play. $40 well spent , let me tell ya. Beats having a house full here and then having to entertain them.

HUGS!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #291  

Good grief 3fc is SLOW this morning. All the football widows must be posting!

Thanks all for the support of rationality about MOG dress. I had an email from the future DIL saying that champagne would be fine with her, since that's the bridesmakd's colors... so in a pinch I can wear the dress I was married in... it'll still be a challenge to get into it... which is fine... but it's doable. Surprisingly, DH did NOT want me to consider dying it pink! Men-- who can predict what they'll care about. so that's a good back up plan. And I'll check out Penney's... or even Nordstroms/Macy/s or Dillards. Who knows, maybe the spring Coldwater Creek stuff is a possibility.

Must get on bike... Do you think if I do it TWICE today, It'll make up for missing yesterday AND Friday?

CeeJay... I bet your headache is caffeine withdrawal. Asprin or Advill can really help. I had a terrible Starbucks withdrawal when i went to a Yoga center a few years ago. Thought I was gonna die... or go blind... or both... So I got into my rental car and had carrot cake and coffee... fixed it right up!

Maybe we'll try local farmer's market today... The "Big one" downtown is inconvenient to say the least... as is Central Market and Whole Foods. Plus does it seem to anybody else that the folks who go to "healthy food" markets are clueless, slow, IN THE WAY and rude? Maybe I just get hungry and cranky and they SEEM that way.

Talk to y'all later.
Off to the bike.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #292  

Home from the jungle gym. DD said it was the BEST birthday ever.

It is a TV night for me. I feel as tho I have done enough for the week. Desperate Housewives and Studio 60 are on!!!

DD now has 4 different part to the My Little Pony world. I set it up on here dresser. She adores it all.
DS is out of sorts about all the new stuff. 6 weeks til his Bday. Seems like an eternity to him.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:28 PM   #293  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Home again, home again jiggety jig. Now what fairy tale rhyme was that from. I think it started off as - to market, to market to buy a fat pig. (no need actually - I am here) Anyway............... Jeez you lot will think I am suffering from Jetlag.

Behold a pic - Last sunset I saw on Weipa

Seems that spring has sprung while I have been away and the Hippeastrums are in full flower. I'll pick some for the house later on. Meantime I better get my head screwed back on the right way and go do a few things like looking for a haircut appointment and some grocery shopping'

Nice to see you back Tig. Now I wonder where is Carla and Linus and a few others I have been missing.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #294  
Happy September

GOLDEN PORK AND APPRICOT CASSEROLE
SERVES 4 (OR 2 HUNGRY PEOPLE)
4 LEAN LOIN PORK CHOPS
1 MED. ONION THINLY SLICED
2 YELLOW BELL PEPPERS SEEDED AND SLICED
2 TSP CURRY POWDER (MEDIUM HOT)
1 TBLSP FLOUR
1 C CHICKEN BROTH
2/3 C DRIED APRICOTS
2 TBLSP WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
1~TRIM CHOPS AND COOK IN A NONSTICK OR HEAVY PAN UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWNED. USE LITTLE OR NO FAT.
2~ ADD THE ONION AND PEPPERS AND STIR OVER MEDIUM HEAT FOR 5 MINUTES. STIR IN THE CURRY POWDER AND THE FLOUR.
3~ADD THE BROTH, STIRRING, THEN ADD THE APRICOTS AND MUSTARD. COVER AND SIMMER 25-30 MINUTES UNTIL TENDER. ADJUST THE SEASONINGS WITH SALT AND PEPPER. SERVE OVER RICE OR NEW POTATOES

I LOVED THIS!!! I USED GREEN PEPPERS, ADDED THE SPICES, FLOUR AND MUSTARD TO THE BROTH BEFORE ADDING IT ALL, ADDED 3 STALKS OF CUT UP CELERY, AND USED DIJON MUSTARD. IT WAS VERY DELICIOUS. THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT.
**I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT JEN HAS TO GO TO SOCIAL SECURITY SO I MIGHT NOT BE HERE. I NEED THE PHONE LINE FOR THEM TO CALL AND CONFIRM MY DOCUMENTS I HAD TO FILL OUT FOR HER. SO MAYBE TUEDSAY!!!

HOLLY~ SO GLAD THE DD WAS HAPPY WITH THE PARTY!! NICE WHEN MOM GETS SOMETHING RIGHT HUH?

SHAD~ HOME!!
IT'S A MOTHER GOOSE RHYME

To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home again, dancing a jig;
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog;
Home again, home again, jiggety-jog;
To market, to market, to buy a plum bun,
Home again, home again, market is done.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #295  
Suzi in Auz

HI shad I see that light of yours glowing .. home! I bet it is nice to be back. Was it hot at your place yesterday or on the way there? Here is was 36! HOT and really windy. The bush fires have started already in Sydney , really scary. They say we are in for a long hot summer. Weipa looks lovely. How special!

Thanks Holly for the tip. I have heard about putting apple sauce in things instead of butter. I must try it for myself. I LOVE banana bread. The DD birthday sounded fun, happy birthday to her, how special. I know what you mean about the green eyed monster with DS, my kids used to do that too.
PW I LOVE the champagne colour. I think it would be a lovely choice. Now get on that bike!
HappyIsn't it great to indulge and be able to stay up late reading/ I haven't been able to keep my eyes open lately to do so. I get so sleepy. i think it's the early morning exercise. Your temps sound like ours yesterday and today they are the same. I hope your toes are sparkling at you!
Mel 3 times eeek. I guess the DD is aware and realises too that she doesn't have to deal with it daily...you do...sad! I do hope jen is feeling MUCH better> I think someone has become quite attached to her little "grandson"!

ceejay Tig

I am off to get into this day. I was at the Gym this morning and the sun was coming up. I don't think i will ever get sick of that view! Weights this morning, I changed a few as I couldn't complete the reps. I know there are no medals here so i have to do what is right for me!
Today i have carpet man here and the bottom of the house is sparkling with floors cleaned. The laundry is done. I have DS home playing the piano. He is unwell with allergies! Shopping later. I think i will make a Chicken green curry for tea and I have a new recipe book which I am going to peek at.
My friends come Wednesday !!!! Yaaay!
i am looking forward to it.
Ok must fly

Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #296  

I did the bike today. And told myself "I can do without" Much more empowering way to talk to myself about food. :-)
DIL says her mother might be "expecting" to do all the rehearsal dinner arranging, if we on the groom's side will pay. Cool, huh?
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:37 AM   #297  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Aaah what??!!! PW. I feel for you.

My kids got told that weddings were family affairs and we were prepared to do somethings towards a family style wedding. Anything over the top of an agreed family style wedding was their problem. We were not paying for the society wedding of the year. Maybe elopement should be brought back into fashion!!!

If you are to pay for the arranging - ensure you know what the 'arranging' consists of!!! Set the rules early. Many mothers of the bride tend to organise a royal coronation where no expense is to be spared because "they should have everything I wanted and did have'.

I could go on about weddings. I won't - it will spare you the embarrassment.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:28 AM   #298  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi kids,

Oh oh. The great wedding debate. Not sure what makes kids think that their parents OWE them a fancy wedding or a car or a college education for that matter. I paid for all those things myself. And I didn't resent my parents because they couldn't afford it. That's all I will say.

Keep it up with the bike Painter. Good for you No, I'm not sure you make up for a missed session by going twice - the bigger issue is that you start to erode those good reinforcing habits. So get the peddlin' young woman!

Hi Suzi - wow not only do you get that awesome view but you get a sunrise too? I used to get in very early at one of my jobs. Tho it was hard getting up in the dark - particularly in the bitter winter cold, the reward was getting into my office and watching the sun rise over the lake. It was so energizing! How did the new recipe come out?

Mel, thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds quite interesting - lots of nice flavors. Hope things work out well for Jen

Shad, that sunset is breathtaking. What a fabulous shot. I have always been a bit leary of sunsets and sunrises - they say you aren't supposed to stare at the sun but isn't that exactly what you doing? Why is it that while in your head you say - don't look - your eyes keep fixing back on the sun? Or is that just me and my wacky brain? Glad you're back home. Hope you had a productive day.

Holly - so nice that DD had a fabulous birthday - The best EVER Mom! They are so sweet at that age. And you are right about the apples too - crisp and juicy - yum yum. The green peppers I got at the farmers market were wonderful too. Smelled great and tasted just as good.

I'm sipping a nice coffee here flavored Pumpkin Spice. Just the right thing for a cool fall morning.

Ok - on with the day. It's Monday already.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #299  
Radiate self!

Default I'm surrounded!

Both kids are home sick from school today. My oldest the worst for a cough that makes her stomach hurt. My youngest because she has a fever and stuffed up nose and isn't a morning person so she gets to have a lie in too
It hasn't caught me yet, I've been taking my vitamins and nawing on broccoli

Shad-ah, home sweet home. Must be such a relief to be with your own things and comforts. Good luck finding that hair cut will you go for red highlights too? Your picture was a treat, such glorious colour!

Mel-gulp, Jen is going to social services to get the bird back?! Pork chops, that is something I haven't had in a while. Thank you for the idea I hope everything is calmer and the folks with the issues stay away from your door

Suzi-that must have been a neat experience, exercising while the sun starts its day. wow! Poor DS, I hope he feels better soon Have fun experimenting with the new recipe. Your home must be feeling brand new with all this shiney flooring and carpets. You will want to paint next

Holly-ah, lovely. Kids birthdays are so fun! Well done on making her a nice memory day.

PainterWoman-and so it begins! Smile and say "I don't think so" and say no more How they can expect you to pay for something and have no input in how it goes is beyond me. I hope you are feeling better about your dress situation, just make sure you get some comfy shoes too

Happy-pumpkin spiced coffee? That sounds very decadent! I hope your Monday is a smooth one

Ceejay-has it stopped raining your way? Been one day off, one day on here. The lady at the bank was pining for summer already and it has just turned fall! I told her I was looking forward to seeing the leaves change and she gave me a pinched look. Oh well

Tig-so work is still testing your patience? I hope these next few weeks fly by and you get some good motorcycle rides in to clear your head.

My adapted version of Zucchini chocolate cake:

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups grated zucchini
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla or rum
1/2 cup sour milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Cream together the margarine and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and sour milk. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Beat well. Add zucchini last and mix evenly. Put in a 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until done.

I made rum frosting but they say it is good with cream cheese frosting but my kids would never touch it with that on top

Rum frosting

2 tblsp margarine
1 tsp Navy rum
2 cups icing sugar
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #300  
Happy September

MEADOW THANKS FOR THE RECIPE. I FORGOT TO ASK IF YOU WOULD POST IT. I MIGHT SURPRISE JEN NEXT WEEKEND WITH ONE.
AM SO SORRY THE KIDS ARE STILL SICK AND GLAD YOU HAVEN'T SUCCUMBED TO THE GERMS!
PW AND SUZI ARE OUT THERE EXERCISING THEIR LITTLE BUNS OFF!! WTG! PW THE GREAT WEDDING DEBATE BEGINS!!! AND I AM STEALINJG SUZI'S HIGHLIGHTING NAMES IDEA FROM HER TODAY. TIMESAVING. I WANT TO GO OUT AND PLAY!
SHAD THE PIC WAS AS BEAUTIFUL AS EVER. WE HAVE COME TO EXPECT PERFECTION FROM YOU!
HAPPYYUM ON THE PUMPKIN COFFEE!!! I COULD ALMOST SMELL IT FROM HERE!! SUCH A LOVELY FALL DAY OUT TOO!
JEN DID WELL AT THE SS OFFICE. SHE EVEN GOT GOOD ADVICE FOR GETTING HER MEDICAL INS. STRAIGHTENED OUT. SHE'S STILL DOWN IN HOBOKEN WAITING TO SEE THE EX-EMPLOYER. MAYBE SHE CAN GET IT ALL DONE IN ONE DAY. AFTER ALL THIS HOOPLA THE $$ WILL PROBABLY BE THE SAME. SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO FIT INTO THEIR HIGHER INCOME PROGRAM. SO WTF WAS THIS ALL ABOUT? PROGRAMS CHANGED AND SHE NEEDS TO GET CHECKS FRO 2 AGENCIES INSTEAD OF ONE!! DO YOU BELIEVE IT??? WELL ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL. IT'S GETTING CLOUDY AND I WANT A QUICK RIDE TO BLOW OFF STEAM. LOVEYA!