Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies...

JANE...feeling a little better today. Don't know what happened...seems like a stomach virus but not sure. Decided to mow the front yard last night since it was a little cooler and the wind was blowing. Was fine until I came in and sat down...thought I was getting a migraine (they always start with me behind the eyes) so had to go to bed with a cold, wet, cloth on my eyes and forehead and sleep it off. Never was a full blown migraine but worse than a normal headache. You know, I've done that before (went shopping late)...and it always seemed like everyone else had the same idea-how dare they, lol.

SUE...your house is purdy! I love the bay windows and the porch. The lawnmower house is cute too! At first I thought it was a play house-don't tell DH that. Glad you got your computer up and running.

MARTI...hope your grandpa is well.

Hi to everyone else

No special plans for today...grocery shopping, a couple of errands and laundry. Didn't have much grocery shopping to do so just went to the local store around the corner. I was a little shocked though when she told me the total because I hardly got anything...it adds up though. It just reminded me though why I go to Wal-Mart. Their prices may be rising a little, but they are still the better choice, in my mind anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #47  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5'1"

Default This and That

Hello Everyone,
Christina - One mustn't overdue - be careful mowing the lawn.
Wallmart sounds like a winner.

Today was volunteer day. 10:00 to 1:00 is my time to assist the street people and those who have more month than pay-check. I usually get there by 9:15 or so and straighten up the shelves and take an inventory of what we have to give out.

The weather is much much better. There is a cool breeze.
Little Lucy is runing around having a fit because I won't let her out to do her lizard hunting. I wouldn't mind but she is very vocal.
Take care everyone
joan fay
Old 08-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #48  
GmaTo8

Hello hello hello hello .... Yikes, it's so empty there's an echo in here, lol.

Cristina - I like to give the local hometown grocers my business once in awhile, but agree the prices are too high. Our town only has 2 local ones left since Walmart moved in. Sad. Hope your headache is gone now. When I get a sinus headache, they sometimes start behind the eyes, and I know how bad that hurts!

Joan Fay - good to see you again! Yay for you doing a good deed to help out. Is this for a food pantry?

Marti - I'm worried that you not being here might mean that something worse has happened to your grandpa. Say it isn't so....

And Julie - it's been DAYS since you've checked in.... hope all is well, sweetie.

Where is everyone else?? Hope you're all out having fun somewhere. Well, we know Robin is having fun!

My meeting was today, and as usual, was a good one. We talked about stress, and I feel very blessed that right now (knock wood) I don't have much of that in my life. There have been times, though, that stress has just about been the end of me, lol. You gals here have helped me through many, many crisis in the past few years. Btw, I invited a new member, Lana, to join us, and I hope she does.

Gotta run, but I'll try to bbl.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #49  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Good Afternoon Everyone

Just got home from bible study. A friend reminded me it started today.
Well, it was the summer session which I had not planned to attend. Normally I would have started in the fall with my walk through the bible sponsered by LOGOS. I'm in my third year I think. Takes about five to seven years.
Anyway - back to the subject at hand - the summer session which lasts a month is about women in the bible. Turns out I think I will enjoy it.

Jane -- My volunteer work with CCSA is a food pantry and a lot more.
Counciling is provided, leads to jobs, help with housing when possible and at our other facilitiy nurshing care for the homeless. Clothings is also available.
It is rewarding and most of the time people are helped. There are those who work the system. But, that's just part of life.

We are having some heavy mist. Can't really call it rain. Just enough to foul up the freeways. Californians don't know how to act in the rain.
Being a native I can say that.
Everyone have a good evening.
joan fay
Old 08-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #50  
GmaTo8

Exclamation

Near 50 posts.. see you at Weight Loss and Chit Chat #206!
Closed Thread