Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening...Was a busy day and am just now catching my breath. Whew! I did all the cleaning early. (as it turned out that was a good thing) I took my computer in for an overhaul. Then DH had me running errands. I was over at the new house 3 times. Had to go buy a mailbox so he can get that together and painted. When I came home I had a message wanting to show the house this evening. They usually give a days notice, but since it was all cleaned up I said ok. DH came home for a quick shower and we left...out to dinner.
I shopped a little also, for a gift to send to DGS in CA who is having surgery in Sept.
We have another showing Mon. I hope we can keep the house clean...well, like I won't go over it anyway.

Jane- Your meeting sounds fun and inspirational. You are doing welltoo!

Marti- I am like you...haven't gotten my bicycle out yet. I keep meaning to. Hope you find time to walk. My gal pal said she wants to walk at 8 a.m. so I guess I will get the lead out and do it.

Sassy- I hate that too...the amazing disappearing post!

Jules- I hope things take a turn for the better for you. Have a good week-end!

Katie- I am so glad it is cooling off a little for you. I have younguns out there and I worry about them. One DS spends alot of time in his car driving for his job and I worry about him breaking down and being in that heat. Hope you stay cool. I am glad you are feeling better and stopping by to see us.

I know I missed Robin...but hope she has fun!

The new kitchen floor is tiled. Next week they will do the utility area and bathroom. Then the wood floors. Thought I should tell you that I have looked at curtains and have some idea of what I want. Cabinets will go in next week.
Sorry, no pictures since my computer died and I use it for my camera. The computer geek said it sounded like I had spywear and possibly a virus. EEK!

Okay, I need to shut-up and go talk to DD on IM.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face

Morning ladies..........*cough, hack, sniff* lol.

I think I'm coming down with something. First it started with hub, now I'm starting! UGH! Don't you love when germs are passed around at work? lol. Hopefully it will go quickly...............

Speaking of work............we got an interesting email today. Saying that our VP and Director of our building want to meet for a "Fireside Chat" with EVERYBODY. Whatever that is??????? Everybody is kinda wondering what it is about because its NEVER happened before!

Anyways. I am going to take some cough meds and off to bed for me!!!!!!!

Have a Great Day!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:15 AM   #18  
ugggg.....

Okay...now you will all see why I hate pictures of me, especially at 214 lbs. This is me, my DD -Teri, my neice -Trish(daughter of SIL), my SIL-Chris, my nephew Ben (who is a twin, on of step-SIL), my psycho MIL- Lee, the new wife Rita and Caleb the son of the Rita and the step-Dad Elvan)

http://www.sonlightdancergalleries.c...84384510-S.jpg

Last edited by jules1216; 07-29-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

Sassy- Hope your feeling better soon!! Didn't one of the presidents give "fireside chats"?

Sue--can the computer geek get your computer fixed? Hope you get some offers soon. The new house sounds nice..I would bet you can't wait to move in!!

Jane--your little group sounds so nice. I am sure you had a fun day with Mackenzie.

MArti--I know what you mean about the weeks that both fly and drag as crazy as that sounds. I am still a little blue but it will pass.
Robin--have fun on vacation!!

Katie--how has your arm been feeling?? the veggies sound good--I may try them...

I just want to thank all of you for your kind words and how supportive you are!! DH & I are going on the motorcycle if it doesn't rain--it looks like it is going to be nice...I need my coffee so I have to go...

Have a wonderful day to all!!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #20  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.

Jules yeah I think your right about one of the pres. giving a "fireside chat".......lol

Jane - I got your Card today, Thanks!

Well its off to work for another fun filled night! lol!

Have a good evening ladies!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - you're gonna be in that house before you know it! And I'll be glad to see more photos of it.

Sassy - yw for the card. Fireside chat? In July? Even though I'm sure it's only symbolic, tell them you want a POOLSIDE chat, lol. Hope you're feeling better, toots. And stop coughing and hacking on my computer, tee hee.

Julie - I think you look very nice! Your whole family does. Too bad it was such a sad occasion. Hope it didn't rain and you and your sweetie got a ride in.

I spent the day with the family. Then Neal and I played 500 rummy. I beat him pretty bad, which is justice for him creaming me the other night, lol. Not much going on, obviously, lol, just "summer stuff".

Have a good weekend.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals!

Just a quicky right today, getting ready to watch a movie. But wanted to say hello.

Also wanted to point out the announcement Suzanne has for 3FC. A weigh in for August. Sounds like an interesting thing and a great motivation grabber for the month of August.

Take a peak and see what you think. "Peaking"

Better get, movie is ready. Anyone see "Fun with Dick and Jane"? That's the movie I'm watching.

chat w/you all later!
Old 07-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #23  
~Believe~

Hey Chics!

Jane -- Poolside chat, yeah I like that a lot better. I'm feeling better today, thanks. Just a little sniffles and some sneezing, but will be sure to aim away from the computer screen! lol..........Also just wanted to add your card really gave me the "umph" I needed today. At least to start out today. I kinda flubbed up for din din but still I give myself a half a star for my first meal of today. 500 Rummy........ah now that brings back memories.......of my mom, my cousins, myself and all sitting around playing.....................fun, fun, fun........

Marti -- funny you should mention weigh ins. Hub and I were looking at scales (no I haven't gotten one yet.......puts out hand to be smacked.....lol!) Anywho, question. Have any of you found any that ummmmmm can weigh people at higher weights? I am going to search the net but thought I would ask you all in case you would know of one right off.

I hope your movie was good, I heard that is a very funny movie. Of course I don't see how it couldn't be funny with Jim Carey in it. lol. You'll have to let me know if you like it.

Have any of you seen Without a Paddle? We're watching it now, seen it before, its hilarious!

Well ya'all take care and I'll talk to ya later!

P.S. -- I forgot to tell you -- Remember that Stray Mama Cat we have that we didn't know if her babies survived or not? Well today leaving for work, we saw them! She has 4! They were in between the bushes right next too where we park our truck. Two are tiger, one is Tuxedo (like her) and one is all black I think. We asked around at work and we have one guy who said he would take the tiger babies once they are weened. I plan on asking another guy tonight who has a "Soft Spot" for animals. We are very worried that her babies will get ran over because they are moving now. But when we got home from work tonight, she must have had them hidden because we didnt' see them. So maybe she will keep them out of harms way........at least until they are older. Anyways Just thought I would let you all know. We have BABIES!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-30-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Not a lot going on today. James got called to work bright and early and then I woke up to no electricity. Have no idea how long it was out, but it's finally back on.

I had a great WI yesterday. I usually WI after the weekend, but I felt the need to do it yesterday. I lost a few pounds and Now...that boosted my motivation. A month of changing little things in my "menu's" sure made a difference! Shocking really because it was only small changes. But I guess that is where it has to start.
So I'm a pretty happy gal. It only has to keep going down right?

James & I went to the farms yesterday to get some fresh veggies. I absolutely LOVE fresh cucumbers and beans from a garden. Got both, and lots of other stuff. I'm a salad junky lately and if I don't have the salad, I just have the veggies that are in them.

Ok...I have some errand to run. I will be back later on to do individuals.

Hugs to you all!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #25  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick peek in...Hope you all had a good week-end. My computer is at the "geek's" getting fixed as we speak. I hope it is ready tomorrow as I hate this laptop.

Wow, Marti- I would like a surprise like that myself. I am afraid my surprise will be the other way since I wasn't too good this week. Tomorrow is another START day for me...and I will weigh in on the 1st for Suzanne.

Hey..I have an idea..let's make the Jaded Ladies the biggest losers for the month. What do ya think ladies? Even if we all lost a couple pounds this month????
(I better worry about myself, huh?)

See you tomorrow...have a showing of the house, so won't be on till evening.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:27 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

Hi chickas!

Robin - hope you're having a blast on vacation.

Marti - YAY for losing a few pounds! I just love the fresh foods from the garden, too. The DGDs are always ready to go pick beans, tomatoes, etc, with grandpa, lol. They even helped plant some of it.

Angie - hope you're having a good day. How's the job coming along?

Julie - did you do anything fun this weekend?

Sassy - aww, I want a kitten! My Mary is allergic, though, so we can't ever have cats around here. There are some wild ones in the shed, though. Little kitties are so sweet! Hope the mama keeps yours out of the driveway.

Sue - good luck with the showing. Hope you get your cmputer fixed. I like the convenience of my laptop, but use the other one when I need to print something. Hey, I'm all for us trying to lose the most for Suzanne's challenge. It will be really hard to compete against the groups that have dozens of members, like the 100 pound club, though.

Katiecat/Mary - I just noticed yesterday that in your bio, you said that friends call you Mary. So is it ok if we call you Mary now? My mom's name was Mary, and my oldest DD is Mary. I like that name. Of course, I like Katie, too, since my sister and younger DD is named that, lol.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

The temps here are near 100 today, with the heat index even higher. Ugh! Makes a person feel lethargic even w/o going outside. I plan to get some laundry done, and do some cleaning. How boring!

Take care, and I'll see you on the flip side.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #27  
ugggg.....

Hi All--break time!!

Well DH cut up some down trees and I stacked them. We are getting quite a pile. A few more times and we should be set for the winter. DH says there are more than a few down trees that need to be cut up. Didn't get to use the chainsaw this time. He keeps telling me that he wants me to split it with the axe but I just can't get myself to do it. I don't swing hard enough because I have a visual of the axe landing in my shin!!

Sue--hope you computer comes back rebuilt better and faster just like the six million dollar man!!

Marti--losing is always a plus. I love all the farmers markets in the area I live. My tomatoes aren't doing very well but my mom's are so she will be bringing me some. The deers have ate a couple blossums from the squash plants but there are more blooms on it now.

Sassy--my son has a copy of "without a paddle" he likes comedym kung fu and horror movies. I need to go and watch a couple more. I used to go over alot more and spend an afternoon with him watching movies, since his gf moved in they do a lot on the weekend. They hit yard sales and flea markets this weekend.

Jane--we used to play alot of cards growing up. DH's family didn't and I could never get him to get into it.

Well I gotta go!! May BBL!!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #28  

Just a quicky as I'm needed to get ready for work.

Got a call last night from a cousin. My grandpa fell from one of his sheds!! (He was on the roof??) Managed to pull himself up and call 911 because his chest hurt.

He broke some ribs, punctured his lung, and has a little bleeding on the brain. But no heart problems.

So....I won't be poppin in tonight, will be seeing him. Sounds like he may be sent home today....seems so soon doesn't it??

Hugs to all!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just wanted to drop by and say HI! And send hugs to Marti...hope your grandpa is okay...that sounds bad.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:22 PM   #30  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies...well, good afternoon, actually...

Marti, hope your grandpa is ok! I'm so glad he was able to call for help after he fell. When you see him, give him a very gentle hug and let him know your friends are hoping and praying for his speedy recovery. Oh and congrats on the weight loss! What are your favorite things on salads?

This was kind of a strange weekend, part of it was great, and part of it was horrible.

Saturday was great -- the concert was awesome, weather was perfect. The Van Halen band (Hot for Teacher) was good, the Aerosmith band was just ok (Rocks)...but the Beatles tribute band Rain was...amazing. It was magical! I feel like I got to see the Beatles! They looked and sounded dead on -- especially Paul, but George has always been my favorite They play this area once in a while, and sometimes Tahoe -- if they come back in concert, I will NOT miss seeing them. They came out in the British Invasion suits, and did songs like "I Saw Her Standing There", "Day Tripper" and "Twist and Shout", then they changed into Sgt. Pepper's costumes, and did a bunch of songs from that era, then at the long note at the end of "Day in the Life" they left the stage, and came back dressed exactly like the Abbey Road album cover and did stuff from that period ("I Am the Walrus", "Revolution", "Give Peace a Chance") -- then when we all begged for an encore, they came out and did "Hey Jude". It was so wonderful! We ate a late lunch and all I had at the concert was an ice cream cone and a ton of water, and I danced with Tim for pretty much the whole time Rain was on stage. And the coolest thing was my 15 year old son loved it, too -- it was so much fun to share the experience with him.

But then Sunday I got a horrible migraine about 11am, and tried to sleep it off, but ended up throwing up all evening -- bleah. So I didn't eat lunch or dinner yesterday...at least I know I didn't go over my points But water didn't stay down either, so I feel really dehydrated and need to get back on track with that today. My weigh in Saturday I was down 3.4 lbs (over two weeks, missed WW on 7/22), and I think all the water I've been drinking has helped.

Jules, I love farmer's markets, too, and just found one that opens at the same time my WW meeting ends, and it's right on the way home I stopped there Saturday morning and bought green beans, grapes, an avocado, tiny red potatoes, and the sweetest, ripest little strawberries I've ever seen. If your son likes comedy and kung fu movies, has he seen "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist"? It is soooo stupid, but really funny.

Shel, I just love baby kittens! I'm glad it looks like you are finding good homes for them already.

Sue, good luck on the showing, as always and hope the geek has your computer up and running better than ever.

Jane, absolutely, you can call me Mary, or Katie, or Mary Kate, I answer to them all, as long as everyone knows who you are talking to

I want to participate in Suzanne's challenge for August -- how do we let her know we are participating? Just wait until the 31st, and then post somewhere how much we lost? Or do we have to let her know on the 1st that we are joining in?

OK, got bills to pay and a checkbook to balance, so I'd better quit stalling.

Edited to say: Hi Cristina! You were posting while I was, too (It still takes me a while to write, and I stop and take breaks...)

Last edited by Katiecat; 07-31-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread