Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:18 AM   #166  

Diet still a bit dodgy, but managing to keep sugar to a minimum - except for with my strawberries! Did 10kms on the bike last night and will aim for 15kms tonight. Not sure what's for supper, but it may be curry and veg. Got some lovelly baby gem squash (they're round and green with pips in the middle and quite a watery texture) and they were really good! I just boiled them up and ate them with a bit of salt. A friend is visiting from the UK so she's coming for supper tomorrow, and I'm thinking pizza! I don't want to have to run around like a headless chicken cooking before she comes.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:30 AM   #167  

i am a bit run down. i got out of the house today and did some stuff in town but it was hard going. glad to be back home

right now i am trying to relax with a book - 12 sharp by janet evanovich. i needed something totally different to relax. the other book i am reading is a memoir on self harm and that is a bit hard going. i get quite ill when i read about her cutting herself!

meg - i adore strawberries. i have put a whole lot of plants in my vege garden. i am so looking forward to getting strawberries in a few months! i might have to put some netting over them so i can beat the birds and snails to them. greedy sods get at them if i am not careful

nothing wrong with pizza for dinner if you also have a salad to balance it and don't have one of those deep dish fried ones. the thin crusts are supposed to be more authentically italian. i like the topping better anyway!

wendy hope you're doing ok

what happened to that chap you dated a couple of times? is he still around
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #168  

Sweet - I wish I had that book! I got the new Kathy Reichs, but will have to wait until payday for the Stephanie one! Damn! Dit has been ditched for the day and didn't cycle last night. My wrist is still giving my jip and I'm going to have a chat with a nurse friend today to hear what she says. It feels constantly like it been twisted/sprained but isn't swollen or hot. Very confusing and irritating as I'm starting to favour it and it makes life difficult. (Pout, pout)

Otherwise, I'll be off to the library tomorrow as the books from last week were really dire and have also managed to misplace one! Given the amount of books lying around it's not really surprising, but would like to not do that twice in two weeks! (I found the last one under my bed!!)

mwah

(Wendy - Where are you??)
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I'm here!!! I'm just getting carried away with some Geneology stuff! You know, I think we are all related..... LOL!

Nothing new on the diet front, teehee, I've been eating like food is going out of style just a phase I'm going through
Oh, that guy got scared away by a 2 year old, we don't need people like that around anyway, I mean who in their right mind would say "hey, lets go to Mexico for a week!" and me say" I can't go because RJ can't leave Canada", then he says" can't you leave him with your parents?"
and I say" he's not a pet that you can just leave you know, like it takes more than putting freash food and water out and letting him go outside to pee!!!He's a little boy who needs stability in his life and I'm the one to provide that since his father is a freakin' CRACKHEAD!!!!!!"

Huh....Maybe it was my *****iness that scared him away...LOL!
Oh well, many more men out there for me to scare with my ethics,teehee!!
Off to bed,nite!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #170  

i've been on a reading binge - i finished 12 sharp (evanovich) and today i read judge & jury (patterson).

i was a bit disappointed with 12 sharp. it was less of a mystery and more or a love story. altho there was a kidnapping and other "danger" the main story was her being torn between 2 lovers and wanting both ranger and morelli. there was some good humour in that and i was faintly jealous that she had 2 hotties in pursuit but i was really looking forward to the twists of a mystery. and at the end well don't want to give the plot away but the bad guy that almost killed her is on the loose and they let her go home alone . i mean honestly. of course it wouldn't be safe. it was like one of those movies where you're screaming don't go in the dark room with the bodies that have just been carved up. sheesh!

my health is still not great. getting strange hot and cold feelings in my hands and feet and still a bit dizzy. haven't picked my prescription yet for iron pills. as for the hypertension... i guess i just have to slow down and relax a bit.

am a bit sad about my birthday. no party. in fact looks like i'll be alone on my 40th. i just wanted to run out tonight and get pizza. i still might haven't quite decided. i had a healthy lunch if you don't count having dessert before and after. if it was possible to get delivery in the country i'd have ordered pizza up in a flash. now i am thinking i'd like pasta but i don't have any cream for the sauce.

interesting on the dating wendy. still an invite to mexico that does sound nice
Old 08-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #171  

Wendy - sheesh, what a man! They don't think before they speak do they? Being a ***** is never bad, in fact, I have a key ring that says, 'You say I'm a *****, like it's a bad thing!' I call it honesty! My diet has ground to a halt, two boxes of smarties and a pie for lunch and the much anticipated pizza for supper. Will be getting a veggie one as well as chilli doesn't agree with brother dearest! Looking forward to it.

Sweet - my birthdays always end up being an anti-climax. Mostly because most people forget about it! Comes from being an almost-Christmas baby! We'll just have to have a party in various places for you! I know the feeling about ordering the pizza in! It is quite expensive to do it here, so I only do it rarely. Now that I have transport, I can just drive there and get it!

Waiting with bated breath for the day to finish especially as by book is nearly gone as well.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:36 AM   #172  

Always forget that it's like a day ahead there so...
Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #173  

thanks wendy!!! you're okay. it's not until sunday

thanks for the birthday wishes

it's just that it's my 40th so it's not like a "normal" bday but meg you're so right a birthday around xmas is often forgotten or combined into xmas so i guess that's one good thing for me

eating leftover pizza today for breakfast. and lollies. ugh

as for wendy's date - i can see both sides of it. if you've only dated a couple of times i don't know that i would expect to do "family" things together. to me taking a child on a holiday is a serious thing and as a child who has been taken on holidays by dating parents i would rather NOT have been there. it was disturbing for me to see my father with another woman and have to act like i liked her and sit down and have meals together and live in close proximity for a weekend or a week. they bought me gifts and stuff but i think it's pretty heavy duty and it was hard for me thinking it might be a family and then they stop dating.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #174  

Ya, I would never put my son in a position like that at this age! Can you imagine.."come on son, lets go to a foriegn country with this guy that neither one of us know worth ****, and have what would most likely be a horrible time".
Nope I'm not that kind of mom And Ryan comes first not some nutjob who thinks I'm just going to drop my kid off on the neighbors door step and go have a good time and forget about my responsibilities...
Anyway, I know I'm early with the B-day thing, but I figure by the time you read it your B-day would be here!
Have a good one and I'll catch ya all tomorrow,I'm off to bed!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #175  

thanks wendy. yep it's my bday today. jsut deciding what to do. i hear french toast with bananas bacon and maple syrup calling me, but i'm a bit lethargic. can't be bothered hopping in the shower and driving into town
]
it's an incredibly nice day. hard to believe it's winter. lovely warm sunshine. forecast was for rain but hey the sungods said no rain on my 40th
Old 08-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #176  

Glad theres no rain...what r u going to do today????
Old 08-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #177  

ha did big fat nothing. was a disappointing day. place i wanted to go for breakfast was closed and i was listless. napped for a few hours this afternoon and ate junkfood. that was about it

tmrw have to snap out of this and start looking after myself
Old 08-21-2006, 02:50 AM   #178  

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETPEA!!

Hope that you have and AMAZING 40th year and that it's your best ever!

I'm at the moment microwave-less. Seems to be problem with the magnetron so had to take it back to the shop on Saturday and will have to wait two weeks for it! Can see myself popping in with my brother a few times a night to heat up my food!

My weight is up, but hopefully my motivation is as well. I'm off to the doc tomorrow to have my wrist seen to. A nursing frieng gave me a consult over the phone and said that it sounded like carpal tunnel syndrome. If they do have to operate, it must be done soon, as our other draughtslady is pregnant and goes off at the end of September! I don't think that I could wait until Dec (when we close) and don't want to make it worse by waiting too long. Not very keen on the idea of surgery though

Chat tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #179  

So Ladies, off to bed soon,early to bed, early to rise and go to the lake for a few days!!!
I'll catch ya all when I get home! Take care now!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #180  

Hey Ladies,

Another day comes with a bit of work and now nothing. The doc says that I don't have carpal tunnel, just a flare up of my arthritis! She has given me a splint that I have to wear while driving and sleeping. I work it last night and seemed to spend the night dreaming of being bound! It's uncomfortable to wear in the car and I'm a bit worried that I'll do more damage to my thumb while wearing it. Will just see how it goes. Diet going well so far and the exercise plan for the month starts tonight!
Closed Thread