3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #9! :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/86714-back-kindergarten-9-a.html)

Mom2Gaby 06-14-2006 05:31 PM

awwww, thanks Michelle You did something with your tracker & siggy?? It looks colorful!! Looks nice.

Gaby wanted everything you sent! I had to explain that Napoleon was her future daddy and I wanted to *show* him off at work because all the ladies would be jealous..and of course the guys too and if the guys were jealous maybe I would get an actual *date* and actually *go* out and I would find someone that made lots of $$$$ and have no *garnishments* (like mommy) and be able to afford slurpee's. She finally *got it* and handed the goods over. *sigh*......what I have to do as a mommy.

yay, school is out! Rach has her promotion tomorrow night and Beck was getting out her bike and putting air in the tires last night. I love summer. ....and did I say it was payday!! yay,..thank gawd.....

Congrats to Brittany!!:bravo: :dance: :woo:

edited How long did it take you to learn all that Bep?? Would love to learn. I was going to voluteer to scan the other pictures. It would be great to have pic's and music all on one disc. Exhausting the other way.

bep 06-14-2006 06:59 PM

I pretty much learned it in one night. When it comes to software, I hate sitting there with directions. I prefer just to start playing with it to figure it all out, then if I need help with something, I just look it up. There are all kinds of software out there to do this. Just pop into a Best Buy, Circuit City, etc and they will be able to show you what kind of software to use.

Oh yeah....if I ever get really stuck with a question on ANYTHING computer, I just ask DH....he talks 'puter' language. :lol:

OOOOO...I smell brownies baking!!! DH wanted some and I didn't have a mix so I had to make them from scratch...they smell...um....REAL. :lol:

Mom2Gaby 06-14-2006 09:29 PM

You are just a computer/brownie baking wonder Bep :) Can you eat a brownie and be *ok* or do you have an urge to eat the whole pan? I am curious. Sweets sometimes are my craving but it is breads and rice (carbs) that are always my downfall. How can I find myself eating 3 bagels when surely 1 would have been goood enough. I can only guess that I eat when I am sad and trying to fill the emotional hole that never seems full. deep, huh?? and you were only making brownies .....haha :hug: :hug:

Computer stuff kind of scares me, I guess I should get over that and tinker with it. Kind of like going on a date. :o

I will visit a Circuit City and see what is all involved. I am sure I can do brain surgery a heck of a lot easier. :dizzy:

hmmm, I am tired. It took me forever to get home! 90 minutes today. It is from Sellwood to the SW area that bogs down and it is one stop sign after another!! I can't stand it! Drives me bonkers! Stupid, stupid cars - they won't get out of my way! waaaa.

Have a training in the morning so HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!!! I will do it proper tomorrow with smilies, color and fonts. Darn, should have done that before I left work.

So how are you all doing?? It is HUMP day already!!! The week is going so fast.

k- chat later or tomorrow - going to take a fast walk around the neighborhood with the girls. They are sooooo happy school is out!!

chickiemama67 06-14-2006 10:56 PM

hi yall

well made it home from the managers meeting. didnt do too bad on eating while i was away. we went to the outback last night, i shared a meal with one of the other managers and we got the porterhouse steak, with shrimp and salad. today for breakfast i had eggs with half a waffle, a luna bar for snack, lunch we went to a restaurant called demos, i had one of their dishes that comes with chicken breast with salsa and cheese on it with green beans for my side, instead of salad i got their specialty soup, baked chicken rice ......yummy!!! so i got my cheat meal out of the way for the week by eating the steak, but i didnt eat very much of it i get full so fast.
jules, i dont have a secret..............just healthy food choices and i work out 5 to 6 days a week. alot of discipline on both parts......i know my bodies limits and if i feel like im doing too much i slow down. i give myself a cheat meal a week, but most of the time i dont even do that. i eat alot of fiber and protein. i drink 120-130 ounces of water a day. from everything that i have read about water, for it to help you with weight loss, you are suppose to divide your weight in half and thats how many ounces of water you need to drink a day. it helps clean your liver out so it can do its job, so the kidneys arent picking up the slack for it and they can do their job properly. i read something everyday on nutrition and exercise to keep myself motivated. any kind of new idea or trick to help take off the pounds that sounds like its real i will try. anyway, its late and im sure everyone else is in bed ......so im outta here for the night.
goodnight everybody,
shawna

bep 06-14-2006 11:12 PM

Susan I did have a brownie...just one. It was about 1" x 1". I don't have a problem limiting things when I want to. We ALWAYS have chocolate and sweets and junk food around (DH & kiddos don't have weight problems), so I am used to the stuff being around. I am not the type of person that has to clear the house of junk food while I am losing weight...I can do just fine even with it sitting all around. I want to lose this weight more than I want to eat 3 whole brownies. :p

bep 06-14-2006 11:29 PM

YAY...I got my living room carpets cleaned tonight!

I think this week I only want to lose 1 - 1 1/2 lbs since I lost 5 last week. I 'feel' I need to take it easier this week too. Ok...so that is my goal for this week.

*yawn* it's late and I am getting pooped! 'see' you all in the mornin'!

jules1216 06-15-2006 07:52 AM

Bep--you are so energetic!! and talented!!

Shawna--you are doing so well!! I know when I keep up with more water I lose contrary to what some think. I think everyones different so it does work for some while not for others.

SuzyQ--hope you had fun on your walk!

Happy Birthday to KATY!!!

Good morning to everyone else!! Hope you will have a great day!

RosieKate 06-15-2006 08:56 AM

Good morning!

Thanks for the birthday wishes...it kind of snuck up on me. Told DH that my birthday wish was to not cook...so we'll see. I defrosted some chicken breasts, so I'm holding our for some BBQ chicken tonight - yum.

I'm a bit depressed. I got my new scale...and it says I weigh 188! I know I'm bloated and pmsing, so I'll try to put it in perspective, but darn it. :( I'll weigh in "officially" on Monday, and adjust my tracker.... I resolve to think good thoughts on my birthday!

Hi Jules - hope you have a good day!

Bep - I'm envious...I have a hard time with sweets in the house. I'm working on it. If I can cut out all sugar for a while and just get it out of my system, then it is less of a temptation.

Shawna - WTG on your program...I find I feel better when I drink all my water. I've heard that half-your-weight calculation before, too. I think I get close. I drink 8-10 glasses a day.

Michelle - hope you had fun at your niece's graduation....it is a busy time of year, isn't it? Now, did your DD just graduate? Or does she have one more year..can't remember. What are her summer plans?

Susan- Hope you have a sun-shiney day :) I like your sense of humor. Your post got me thinking about a TOPS meeting I attended years ago. The topic was " What do you do for fun" So I took my tap shoes and did a little dance, lol. (Yes I did tap dance at the time) The point of the program was that the weight loss journey will go alot better when we can see the fun and humor along the way. Well, apparently, several members complained about the topics...weight loss is not funny you know! They felt their issues were not being taken seriously. Talk about missing the point! When we discussed it as a board, someone brought up a good point that I try to remember. She said that some people are in constant shock over the way their lives have turned out - they are stuck and the concept of fun is almost offensive. They are so mired in their issues ( the ones that made them fat) that they almost feel that they don't desrve fun or humor until they can get their lives together...so humor is a scary and unsafe thing for them. That touched me and I felt a little more sympathetic...but personally - I go for the funny...laughter is the best medicine, right? Maybe the person who sent you that email is in that kind of place.....but don't let her sadness get you down....

BTW - your commute is yucky - do you listen to audiobooks? Hopefully you'll get a little break this summer when Rachel can babysit for you a bit.

Well, I'm off---the paper just arrived, so I've decided to skip yoga and relax withe the paper and a cup of coffee. Today I am hoping to settle on a knitting project for moi! ( Happy birthday to me) I'm thinking about knitting this
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTtubey.html
What do you think? I kind of like the chick's hair, too.. In fact, I may just move to New York and pub crawl, and pretend I'm 31, instead of 41, and and and - get a hold of yourself woman!

Ok -really I am spending the day packing for our trip tomorrow, then I take the kids for haircuts. Sigh.

Hi to Cristina, Ginny, Kathy!

Have a great day everyone! I'll try to get back on the computer this afternoon....

bep 06-15-2006 09:11 AM

Ya know...even the Bible says "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken spirit drieth up the bones." Our attitude really does have a big effect on our health. It's been proven over and over again. (and...in my personal non-professional opinion...an effect on the health of others)! Since that is the case, I say "laugh it up!" :lol: Have yourself a merry heart!

Hmmm...anyone have a really great joke today???

bep 06-15-2006 09:14 AM

Katy that mean ole' scale!!! I wouldn't doubt that it just weighs a little different than the other one you weighed on before so I wouldn't say that you for sure gained anything. When I bought the new scale I am using now, I put it side by side with my old one and weighed several times a day on both for a couple days. Sure enough...the new one registered at 5 lbs heavier each time, so I didn't let it bother me. Hey...what's a measley 5 more lbs when you already have to lose 100? :p

Oh yes....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle 06-15-2006 11:08 AM

KATY... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:hb: :hat: :dance: :cheer: :woo: :balloons: I hope you do get to relax and enjoy a BBQ dinner cooked for you! My daughter will be a Senior this fall; just out for the summer. Have a GREAT day!!!;) :hug:

Mom2Gaby 06-15-2006 11:35 AM

Happy Birthday Katy!!! grrrrr don't weigh yourself on your birthday! grrrrrrr My weight watcher scale is in the kitchen because my other one broke (I think because of kitty litter flying around - must have lodged somewhere in the scale - thus broke and thus another scale. - blah - blah....who gives a rip, right?? lol)Cute TOP story and thanks :) I will look at the knitting project when I get to work. No long drive today, Rach will watch her.......promotion tonight! yay

anyway, I came out this morning and kitty was sitting on it!! ugh...get off my scale!! Nutty cat.

I weighed and I am UP a healthy amount (we always want to be healthy, remember??? hehe) so have the rest of the week to get back down.

Which brought me to another thought (scary??? yes?? no??) that maybe I don't want to lose weight. I mean......I know I should be exercising but do I do it?? no.......little walk here, little walk there....I am not lazy. Maybe I like feeling sorry for myself and wallow in my bagels and candy bars (yes - king size - only one last night - I have self control-lol)??? Maybe food is the comfort zone and I don't want to get too far from it??

I feel mentally depressed with the kids, job and my fathers death. I did walk 1 mile on the treadmill . Yay.....lets do it again tomorrow too Susan. Lets get inspiration from Shawna - who has way too much energy!!! lol wow....you go!! I will lag behind you :)

BRAVO on the brownie Bep!! I was curious. I could disapline myself too and not mind that type of food in the house while losing. I am glad it is not hard for you.

Jules ((HUGS)) . It was (the walk)just around the churches here. Figured I needed to get close to God after cussing all the way home. argh......

Michelle - Hey......how are you?? :)

I better go. Good Morning to Ginny, Kathy and Cristi and anyone that I have missed!! so sorry......
And if you are just passing through,,,,STOP and join us in our chit chat!!

Michelle 06-15-2006 01:09 PM

:wave: SUSAN -- I'm doing fine today, just that my joints are so sore from doing WATP that I had to take a break from it today. I'm getting ready for the day. I have to take DD up to Vancouver for her teeth cleaning, x-rays appointment, then we're going out to lunch and then to Walmart to get some pictures developed. If you just keep doing your treadmill, you will still feel really good and then you will be getting in your exercise for the day!:cp: :yes: :coach: :woops: :tantrum: I know YOU CAN do it and you do want to lose your weight and wear all of those cute clothes you have talked about.;) I hope you are having a good day, and that's great that you don't have to make the commute today since Rachel can babysit.:hug:

FrouFrou 06-15-2006 02:21 PM

Hiya Chickies!

SUSAN...why the long commute? Is it going to the babysitter's? Sorry, can't remember if you mentioned it. Hope you guys have a nice time tonight at Rachel's promotion. I think you are just grieving...I know from all I've read they say that people either turn to food or they won't eat at all. With DH#1 I didn't eat at all and lost about 35 pounds and I stayed with that weight for years, until I met and married V. I gained a little but then when we lost the baby...boy, that is when I turned to the food and gained about 25 pounds, yikes! Never felt like I was a stress eater but have found out that I definitely am. And sweets are my downfall so the only sweets I buy are the low cal snacks, those 100 calorie snacks, graham cracker stix and rice cakes. That seems to appease my sweet tooth.

SHAWNA...was wondering where you were missy. I think you did well with your meal at The Outback and I think it is a great idea to have a free day of eating what you want. I know some people think you shouldn't even have a cookie or brownie, etc...but I think it is okay to indulge once in a while. I think it keeps one from binging when they don't completely cut out everything that they like. Anyway, you are doing an awesome job!

BEP...I am impressed! I don't have a digital camera, yet! But I do know what a pain it is to scan pictures, ugh! That's what I do now. I think that is great that you did that for the day care kids parents, how sweet. And I know that they really appreciated it. I know some feel guilty for missing out on things their kids do and that is something they will treasure for life! The CD that they made for DH's funeral had music that played to it, it was really nice. At the time I never thought about ordering one for the kids to have and now I wish I had. The thing cost $175 15 years ago, yikes! Of course it didn't matter what it cost i woul dhave had it done anyway but now I have to find someone to make three copies of it for the kids, maybe four. I will one day. Good for you for only having one brownie! :carrot: Sorry I don't have a joke...could probably go find one though. I have always been a terrible joke teller...get things all messed up, lol. That's good about aiming for 1-1 1/2 pounds this week. I've always heard it's not good losing more that 2 pounds a week and the faster you take it off the more likely you will gain it all back. Of course I think with everything, everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another.

KATY...I wouldn't worry so much about the new scales...like someone said, it's probably just the difference between the two. That happened to me...I think my new ones were 3 pounds higher and they haven't moved much since! I've lost one pound, lol. You know...I never thought about laughing at myself, weightloss, etc. in that perspective. I totally understand how someone else can see it that way, thanks for sharing that with us. And I took a look at the site..I actually like both of them, the one to the left also. Geez, woman, you are so crafty! Did you get a picture of the vest? When you do I would love to see it and the skeleton bag. Hope you have an awesome birthday today! And anniversary tomorrow!

MICHELLE...I too noticed you siggy and I like how you did your name in red and blue. Thought about copying you, lol. But with different colors of course. Okay now, is that a new avatar or the one that has been there a while? You were changing so often for a while I had to do a double take after signing on...but I like this one. Glad you are keeping up with the WATP. I too always feel better after exercising. There are days I just DON'T want to do it and I force myself to and feel better and more energized for doing so. I am sorry that you aren't feel so good though. :hug: :hug: Sometimes it helps to if you come here and talk about it, we ARE here for you missy, just remember that. :hug: :grouphug:

GINNY...what's up with you missy? We are missing you here. I still haven't tried that bumblebee tuna yet, but did have a tuna sandwich a couple of days ago.

HI JULES & KATHY...hope all is well with you and yours.

I was up a little earlier than usual for the week. Did get a 2 mile walk in, grocery shopping and errands done this morning and got back early enough to do a few things around the house before getting on the computer. And...I have more time here. :cp: Feeling pretty good about that. Last week I didn't have much to get so went to the local grocery store and checked out their prices. Well, this week I went back to Wal-Mart and noticed that a LOT of their prices have gone up. I think in the end it equaled about the same as the local store so thinking maybe I will go back to them. I used to like Wal-Mart because you can get everything you need under one roof and especially stuff like shampoo, deodorant, etc. is or rather was a little cheaper. But if it is about the same in the end I guess it doesn't really matter. I may check out Target next week and just deal with them not having some of the brands I buy, probably time for a change anyway. I never used to comparison shop but with everything going up in price I am getting cheap in my old age, lol! Anywho...did my walk, took my vitamins, have half my water drank and doing good with the food. Thinking I HAVE to weigh in Monday. Forget about weighing in once a month...it's killing me, lol! I'm so afraid of gaining an ounce. I am surprised I haven't gotten frustrated yet with not losing. It is a little bit...but I know I am doing good so for now that is all that matters to me. I'm feeling good and energized. And Shawna, I may try that water drinking tip...right now I am drinking 4 16.9 oz bottles of water a day, some days I do 5 and very rare but I have had 6 so maybe if I drink more water it will help. Honestly, I don't think I can get more than that but will try.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Michelle 06-15-2006 02:31 PM

CRISTI -- It's the same picture that I've had up for about a week now. I may put another one up after I get my hair done tomorrow, but I've been a little frustrated lately with my avatar shrinking down, but it only does it here.:?: I think the colorful name in the siggy area is neat. I saw someone else do it on another thread, and I LOVE red, white and blue stuff; they're my favorite! You should do a colorful siggy, I think it just add's a little something to brighten the area up!;) You have been one busy girlie today! We will be going to Walmart when we go to my DD's appointment today, because I want to get some pictures printed off of my camera. I know I should come here and talk when I get in a downer mood, but sometimes I feel that people don't want to here that stuff, so I usually just keep it to myself. Hope you have a wonderful day!:hug: