3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #9! :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/86714-back-kindergarten-9-a.html)

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 01:12 PM

Back In Kindergarten #9! :)

:welcome2: WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #9 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~Jules:df:

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!! :comp: :df:

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 01:15 PM

Shawna--though my hair gradually turned darker I had auburn hair until high school--in the summer it would get the auburn highlights through it--I dye it now and tend to stick with a dark auburn/dark brown. I have the red head complexion and burn before I tan and the freckles multiply--not to be confused with the dreaded age spots which I am also gettting!! I love the pic of you and your hubby--the one with the girls and the volleyball shot were great too. You have a such a beautiful family!!

Bep--you are pretty too!!! I am so proud of your 5 lb loss!!!

Ginny--1 lb--Congrats to you too!!! You are doing so well!!

Michelle ma belle--Good morning to you!!

SuzyQ--I hate panty hose--in the summer I use the sunless tanner by Jergens instead of wearing them--of course it means having to actually shave them and use powder to keep the thighs from sticking together--I have had thigh issues since puberty there's just alot more powder used these days--I should buy stock!! Thankfully my DD inherited her skinny thighs and long legs from my DH's family--she doesn't have MIL's chicken legs though!!

Cristina, Katy and everyone else--HI!!!! I am at a big "0" loss of course I didn't keep track of my calories last week while on vacation. I will try to be better this week. They are doing a biggest loser here at work for the next 14weeks--the team I am on weighed in this morning at 2092. They are also doing a wellness program where if you drink water, get enough sleep etc you get points and if you get enough points you will get a $20 bonus each month.

Well, it seems I have a bigger pile of work on my desk than when I left..better get at it!! My talkative coworker is on vacation for the next 2 1/2weeks--I may be able to get more done than usual!!
Jules

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Congrats bep.. whoopee way to go..

I am down 1 more pound.. but I don't believe it till it shows for a couple days.

The little bunny is still around, in fact there are several more little bunnies around. Haven't seen the lady turkey in a while though. And the babies in the basket at work, well we lost a couple. The bigger ones cleaned out the nest. Nature is so cruel sometimes..

Have to get ready for work. Don't have much time this morning. Got busy elsewhere. So have a good one everybody.

Ginny

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 01:24 PM

Cristi!! ugh, don't maime me!! I closed the thread.......oops. Cut and paste over here :) I think if you do it it will look nicer. I am sooooooory.

FrouFrou 06-12-2006 01:31 PM

HIYA SUSAN :wave: Was posting away and then hit submit and saw that you said NO MORE POSTING! :nono: :lol: So deleted the post and pasted it here. Don't worry, I won't maime you, lol! But I might take Napoleon away from you! That'll show you! Kidding...made me think of Rescue Me last night. The one guy found out his brother is seeing his soon to be ex...a BIG nono in my book. :nono: So you don't have to worry about me taking Napoleon from you, not that I couldn't, lol. And who was it that said he was ugly and the movie was stupid? Bite your tongue! I admit you have to have a dry sense of humor when watching it but it cracks me up everytime I see it! Vote for Pedro! Anyway...here's my post...

Hello ladies...

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days...computer problems. Actually, it wasn't the computer but rather the phone line. I had V plant some day lilies in a corner in the back to hide the telephone thingy (it's about 2 or 3 feet tall) and while digging he cut into the telephone line, oopsie! Anyway, thankfully he knows how to fix those things. Of course he couldn't do it until last night, he's been working. We didn't know we had a problem until I tried to get on the computer Saturday evening. Anyway, it's fixed and we didn't have to call the telephone company thank god!

BEP...isn't it funny how hard we are on ourselves? I think you are pretty and I don't see a fat face at all! If you want to see a fat face I'll have to show you mine! And WTG on losing 5 pounds this week!

SHAWNA...another nice picture of you and DH also.

JULES...hope you are getting the pile down some. How dare they continue working while you are gone! I think that is great about your job having a biggest loser.

SUSAN...how did your Saturday go?

MICHELLE...hope you are feeling well today.

GINNY...that is so gross about BumbleBee tuna...I just bought a big box of them at SAMS a couple of weeks ago. It is gross but I will eat some, just be careful and will definitely let DH know. I found a BIG wad of hair once in a can of pork and beans...figured it was just an isolated incidence and still buy that brand today. But it is GROSS! About Ellen...there were some other things going on with her and apparently that wasn't the first thing that happened with her. Of course I found out first hand how she really is when she turned on me for NO reason and I thought we were friends. But then I thought a lot of us were friends and found out different so...a lot of ignoring going on which is kind of funny and very immature. Oh well, I guess that's life and we just deal with it. Anyway...

Not much going on today, doing some laundry and going to vacuum in a few minutes. Didn't WI today wasn't in the mood. I am thinking about weighing in only once a month again. Has anyone read the book Fit from Within? Good book. I've read it twice already and starting it again because I need to take the focus off of dieting and just living. Anyway, that's about all I have for now. Think this weather is making me gloomy, lol!

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! Chat with ya later.

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 01:34 PM

Bep Congrats to you!! Awesome on the 5 pounds :bravo: :woo: :cheer: :dance: !!!! Thanks so much for putting back up the photo!! :)

Ginny Congrats to you!!:woo: :dance: :dancer: :encore: :ebike:

JulesCongrats on maintaining!!:D :hat: :dance: :cheer: :woo: I love my nylons...*sniff*...I could try what you do though. I want to just get back to where I can wear some of my cute clothes,,,,,,I love the idea that your work place is doing!! Or maybe I just love money??? :o :D

Cristi - I AM sorry....I know you put so much into those post. Hope you can cut and paste ......:hug:

I am down 1 pound!! yay...... I have to get to work,,,,,,chat in a bit!!,,,,,,,,,,,,omg, am I down 10 total??? YAY.....

Michelle 06-12-2006 01:41 PM

Good Morning Girlies:sunny:

JULES --- Sorry that you come back to work, which is hard enough to begin with, and you have a big pile of work sitting there!:devil: How dare them! Hope you still have a good day and are able to get back here soon!:hug:

CRISTI --- I'm doing laundry and dishes, then to get my shower and ready for the day. I have been putting off my WATP, but I told myself that I will never get this weight off if I just don't do anything about it, so I did 1 mile this morning. I'm feeling much better today and happy to say that the headache is gone!;) :hug:

SUSAN --- Hope your day is going great and that co-worker stays away from you today!;)

FrouFrou 06-12-2006 01:43 PM

SUSAN...yay to the 1 pound and the whole 10! :bravo:

JULES...WTG on maintaining! :bravo: Like I always say...maintaining is just as hard, if not harder than losing and so much better than gaining so you did well!

GINNY...WTG on your pound also! :bravo:

You ladies have done a GREAT job! Keep it up and off! :cheer: :woo: :cheer:

Okay, gotta go...DS, Jason is waiting for me to take him to the bank. Chat with you ladies later. Have a good one! :wave:

EDITED to say HI to MICHELLE: Hi MICHELLE! :wave: We were posting at the same time. I may do my WATP today rather than walk...I have to do something since I didn't go to It Figures...I will go my three days this week though. Have a good day!

Michelle 06-12-2006 01:43 PM

OH --- I forgot to say ~ CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU LOSERS!!!:cp: :hat: :dance: :twirly: :encore: :cheer:

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 01:45 PM

Cristi :boxing: :boxing: I will fight my MaMa for Napoleon!! lol Naw, jk. I was soooooo excited because I got to turn over from May to June on my ND calendar....it is a cute picture of him on the chicken farm. *sigh*:o
I am glad you got the telephone lines back up and working!
My Saturday was fine. The party picnic was cute.They had those....pinata's ????.....can't spell, is that right?? Anyway, where the kids whack the thing with a baseball bat and all the candy comes spilling out. They had 3 of those....the kids were soooooo cute and polite.

yikes....really need to get to work!! Chat after I look busy for awhile...lol :D ;)

edited for Michelle You sure sneak in!! lol Hi to you and hope your Monday is going well so far?? I was out in Gladstone this AM for the sitter. Gloomy out and my hair has fizzled......waaa, waaa. Chat in a bit!!!

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 02:55 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I did something really bad:(

I ate 3 raisin bagels - gobbled alive......they didn't even have a chance! They didn't even have cream cheese on em!!! :dizzy:

I feel icky. .........I will dump the other 3 that I have.......:hug: :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou 06-12-2006 03:17 PM

Back for a few minutes ladies...wassup?

SUSAN...step away from the bagels! :coach: :drill: You heard me missy! Throw them away or give them to someone. If I was there I would take them off you hands, lol! Like I need them...glad you guys had a fun time at the party at the park. The kids were polite?! Wow, that would have been worth filming...never see kids polite where candy is concerned, lol! And ye that is how you spell pinata minus the little mark over the 'n'...know what it is called but for the life of me I do not know how to spell it. And if I looked hard enough I could even figure how how to insert it...used to know where all that stuff was on the 'puter but got lazy since I don't use it. So how's the Rock man doing? Made me think of V when he was in High School...they called him Rock because of his last name, some of the people still do. Anyway...

I probably should get going...took Jason to the bank and store...no one drives my car but V once in a while and DD when she is in the mood. When she drives it though I am usually with her. But I won't let the boys drive it, especially Jason-he is hard on his cars and drives like a fool! Well, I am going to go look at some other threads and look check my e-mail. Chat with you ladies later. :wave:

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 03:24 PM

*sigh* It isn't like I ENJOYED the bagels Cristi....no cream cheese. lol

Kind of thinking about some chili now:hun: , sounds yummy. I don't think I have any room with this skirt on - starting to feel tight as all the bagel dough EXPANDS in my stomache - how do I get in these messes!! :bb:

Rock is fine.,,,some holiday in Hawaii, honoring some long ago king of the islands. He was sick yesterday and hacking in my ear *grrrrrrrr, hate men when they are sick.......hmmm, think I will get away from co worker and go to Wendys for chili....

chat in a bit!!

bep 06-12-2006 03:27 PM

Hi everyone! I celebrated my 5 lb loss by taking my kiddos for a 45 minute walk this morning. :lol: I couldn't walk as fast as I normally would because I had to push that big ole' double stroller. I wish I had one of those double jogging strollers so I could go faster...oh well. :p I still plan on going for my regular walk tonight. After this weigh in, I REALLY want another good one! I would love to be in the 'teens' next weigh in!!!

Well...the rest of my day I am spending cleaning up from the weekend! :p Every now and then, I will have a busy weekend that leaves the house in shambles. :p

FrouFrou 06-12-2006 03:54 PM

And I'm back again, lol! What can I say..I have no life and am bored out of my mind today!

BEP...keeping my fingers crossed that you have a good WI on Monday and that you get down in the teens! :crossed: And such a GREAT reward/celebration by walking! :carrot:

SUSAN...I too hate when men are sick...they are such BIG babies! Or at least DH#1 was, as is V. Hope he's not too bad though. Enjoy that chili if you get some...hopefully the skirt waist band is elastic, lol.

Anyway, better get going for the umpteenth time. I am just so bored. Was going to go and try to find a group of mothers somewhere that have a son or daughter in the service. Don't even know where to start to look. Started once and there were so many it was very overwhelming. But some there were only a few posts and they were old. Want something that someone posts on at least daily. I know when Josh goes to Kuwait/Iraq I am going to need to talk to someone who can relate.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 04:38 PM

Hi Miss Cristi Let me know if you need combat pay!! hehe.
ummm, I did get my chili- soooo good. I think I will drink tons of water tonight and maybe have a salad for dinner.
Men that are sick is soooo annoying - lol I don't know why just gets on my nerves.
Hope you find a support system for discussing your son and all the worries you must have as a parent!!!

Miss Bep You rock!!!! So inspiring to us all -

RosieKate 06-12-2006 05:23 PM

Hi ya

I can't weigh 'cause I gots no scale :( However, it is on order and should arrive any day now. I used my visa points.....yay freebies. Been feeling pretty good about food and exercise overall, but I did indulge in some pizza this weekend and I working hard to stay on track today. It's a hard day...I stayed up way too late last night, watching the Tonys. Then it was up at 5am and off to the gym.. Now I am crashing big time and it is so hard for me to stay OP when that happens. I've had some graham crackers with a little frosting - leftovers from the Sunday School party..yuck. I haven't had many and the calories for the day still aren't too bad, so I am clamping down on dinner.

Congrats to all the big losers.....and of course I mean that in the best possible way ;) It's remnant from my TOPS days when we would award the Loser of the Week every week. Only support group around that wants everyone to be a big loser, hee hee

Today has been pretty schizo...have lots of little things to do and I am running from this to that and not much is getting done. I am finishing up the 5th load of laundry (yikes); I think I'll start loading up goodwill donations. I'm tripping over stuff, so it's time to purge.

Susan- that chili sounds good. I make a pretty good chili... I should make up some and freeze it.

Proud Grandma - care to identify youself? I don't think you are being very appropriate in a forum as welcoming as this one....save your vitriol for another board, please. I understand the admins read this board - so I hope they address your flaming.

Cristina- Thank you for the lovely BD card... I can't beleive it's coming up so soon. I've been focused on my anniversary getaway this weekend, and completely spaced the birthday

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 05:28 PM

awwwwww. The MODS waved their magic wand...so cool.

Katy You want to make me some chili?? Or give me the recipe...I love chili!! I did make it down to Wendys and ate a bowl...so good, especially on a gloomy day like today.
lol
I cleaned my apt by shoving things in black bags....presto!! Cleaned.....looks so nice.

HUGS to you Katy - when is your birthday??

RosieKate 06-12-2006 05:45 PM

The 15th - my anny is the 16th...AND its the end of the school year....could I have picked a busier time to have a birthday - I think not, lol

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 05:55 PM

I won't scare you and come pounding on your door Katy on your birthday but I will send you something. :D
The 15th is promotion for Rachel we found her a summery dress at Meier & Frank - need to get her some shoes. I was going to go out with my baby sister afterwards and get a bite to eat, if she makes it.

ugh,,,,,,,,I have these fruit flies flying around.....ugh - .....just one thing after another!!!!

Anyway....Cristi - yes the children were polite. They were showing all that they had learned through the year , I guess. Very well mannered children.....I was almost thinking we were all going to brush our teeth after the meal......lol

chat later!!

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 06:59 PM

:preg: I am going home now!!!:dancer: You all can come out now and chat!!:gossip: :gossip: :gossip:
My office assistant just said that there are FRESH bagels in the kitchen! omg...I think I am a carb addict. I love breads.
:rain: It is raining again and my hair is POOFED up like a poodle.

Thought I would share. lol.........chat tomorrow or maybe after dinner.....

chickiemama67 06-12-2006 07:58 PM

howdy

hi yall,
sorry im so late posting today.....busy busy busy. i havent made it to the gym today to weigh in.....so i will do it tomorrow. congrats to everyone for losses and maintainings......and wtg bep on the 5 lbs!! :carrot:
ive had a pretty good food day, oatmeal for breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch, and baked chicken with green beans for dinner.
we got the puppy today, and dh has named her bebe, i will post a picture of her, she is so little!! the cat just looks at her meows and then runs off ....:rofl: im sure they will make friends soon.
i am going out of town tomorrow for a managers meeting, so ive been trying on clothes to figure out what to where lol......im finally getting back in to some of these pants wooohooo. well im outta here i have to get packed.
night night,
shawna

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2006 11:34 PM

Night Shawna!

That was exciting about Bep! I can't do smilies on this MAC!

I am taking Gab home. I feel down because my best female friend is moving to Everett, WA with her boyfriend in a month - he finally got a job! yay....bf. lol He writes grants, some high paying position. She is talking about planning for a retirement in 5 years and I am talking about my garnishment.....lol
Anyway, she won't be going to camp now!! argh......

k- bummed. I think I will get Gabster to bed and chat with Rocky - listen to him wheeze,,,,,,,:p poor thing.

chat tomorrow!

jules1216 06-13-2006 08:44 AM

Cristina--we were having phone troubles last week too--luckily DH is really handy--of course he is maintenace/machinist. Another thing with this wellnes program at work on Mondays and Wednesdays there will be a 20 minute video of WATP shown for anyone who wants to join in--DH says he will stay for me to do it one day each week or he will just drive separate that day.

Michelle ma belle--how's the headaches? My daughter was so bad her junior year in high school the doctor actually tried the shots in the back of her head--DD hates shots but was willing to try it--but she says the shots were as bad as the actual headaches--a homopathic doctor then told her that her blood sugar was out of whack--not diabetic but she had the potential to be (not to mention all four grandparents either have it (my Dad & MIL) or diabetes problems in family (my mom's aunt and FIL's aunt)) DD finds if she eats small meals or has a snack and doesn't skip eating she doesn't get the migranes as often--sleep is another factor for her--if she doesn't get enough (I am the same way--have to have at least 6 hours and I am better with 8)

Bep--good on the walk--pushing the double stroller should help burn more calories even if you are not jogging!!

Katy--you made me get my dictionary out--for those of you that also need to know..."vitriol":virulence (extreme bitterness of temper) of feeling or of speech. I used to do pretty good with the Readers Digest word/meaning section due to a really cool English class in high school and all the reading I do. I can usual figure out the overall meaning of a word but I love my dictionary--drove my kids nuts that I made them look words up instead of just telling them what the meaning was--my DS is a dictionary fanatic now too & reads alot --BTW Happy BDAY & Anniversary early!!! My DD's bday is the 20th she will be a whole 19!! I hate when the babies grow up!! What is your anniversary getaway???

SuzyQ--I guess the MODS want this to be a happy place!! My son loved Napolean Dynamite and now the director of it made the new Jack Black movie (who my son also loves) It looks really funny....DS says I have to come see Napolean!!

Shawna--your puppy is too cute!!!

Morning to Ginny and everyone else--gotta get to work!!

bep 06-13-2006 08:54 AM

Good morning everyone!!! And what a lovely morning it is!!! Beautiful!!!

Well...I did get to take my regular walk last night. I walked for just over an hour for just under 4 miles. YOWCHERZ!!!! I was stinkin' sore when I finished! Then I made the mistake of sitting down for a couple minutes...then I was REALLY sore. It's gotta be doing something good if I feel that sore! :lol:

There is this dog that always comes barking and growling and running up to the road when I am walking. Well...I have finally figured out that he won't actually go onto the road, so I 'probably' won't get bit if I walk on the road while going past that house. :p I always dread walking past that house, but I am getting used to it now. No stupid mutt is going to rain on my walk!!!

I won't be able to get my long walk in tonight because we will all be gone, so I hope to get the kiddos out for a bit of a walk this morning. I can't see wasting this beautiful weather!!!

Susan I am sorry your buddy is leaving! It's a bummer for a good friend to move away.

Shawna Congrats on the new little one in your house! I hope he is a sweet pup...and that he doesn't eat tooooooo many shoes! :lol:

Katy I think you had better bring a whole pot of chili with you next time you log on...that sounds SOOOOO good right now! Hmmmmm...chili in the mornin'....who'd a thunk it??? Laundry...pooooo....I did PILES of that yesterday too! What fun!!!!!

Christina Your son is serving our country? YAY for your son!!!!!! I am so thankful for our troops! I feel a huge burst of pride when I see someone in their uniform! You must be so proud of him!

Hello to everyone else!!!! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!!! Give someone a big ole hug today!!!

bep 06-13-2006 09:02 AM

Jules Good morning! We must have been posting at the same time and I missed you. Thanks for explaining vitriol! When I saw what everyone had written, I figured that someone had been on here and the post was deleted, but I never saw it. I just figured vitriol was some kind of drug that someone was on here trying to sell! :lol: :lol: :lol: Duh to me! I guess I should have pulled out that dictionary too, eh? ;) Do we know who this person is that hopped on or was it some random vigilante? :(

RosieKate 06-13-2006 09:24 AM

Good morning!

Well, I was heading off to the 6am yoga class, but then I just decided a cup of coffee sounded better, lol! I'll go in later this morning and put my DD in the child care...she'll enjoy that more than sitting at home watching me clean. I really need to get a carload over to goodwill, so I'll most likely do that after the gym.

I've been tracking calories for the last two days and it isn't pretty..yeah I ate the chili, but I put some cheese and goldfish crackers on it - yum! but not good news calorie-wise. Today is a new day :) thank goodness

Bep - yeah I had all the laundry piled on my bed and there was so much of it it kept falling off! Good news - don't have to do any today. Congrats on the 5 lbs - you are doing such a great job! Keep up the good work!

Susan- How was Rocky - is he feeling any better? Sorry about your pal. Some of my gal pals have moved away in the last few years - :( I miss them but try to send off an email and pictures every now and then...

Jules - hee hee - really I just typed the words that came into my head - I have a vocabulary and I'm not afraid to use it, lol! JK But really I was online when the comments were coming and I just couldn't let it pass...:mad: BTW - we just had Jack Black two-fer. Saw King Kong and School of Rock in the last week or so. I liked them both. I've seen SoR before and got a big kick out of those kids, so I let my son watch it.

Shawna - you are making really good food choices - I need to look at your list more often - I'm sure your weigh in will be a good one. Have a safe trip.

For our anniversary, We are going to Ashland ( Southern OR) to see some plays at the Shakespearean Festival...will be gone Fri-Sun. We've been together for (gulp) 20 years, married for 16. I have been so slammed between sewing the drapes for the ILS and getting ready for VBS and finishing the vest for DH - I need to get away! BTW - I finished the vest - It looks good and just in time for Father's Day! I'll try to get a picture of him in it. My next knitting project is to use up all these leftover balls of wool from various projects. I enjoyed felting that little skull tote, so I think I'll knit up a big multi-colored satchel with all these leftovers and felt it. I could use a big knitting bag. It will be a good project work on during the drive to Ashland.

Hope everyone has a good day...Hi to Cristina, Ginny, Kathy, Michelle, and anyone else reading this...I have a busy day but might get back this evening to chat some more.

RosieKate 06-13-2006 09:29 AM

Hey Bep! You posted while I was typing my novel, lol!

The poster has been banned - just someone trying to rile people up. Worked on me, obviously. Vitriol does sound like a drug name, doesn't it?

Have a good day!

bep 06-13-2006 10:57 AM

I did it!!! I lugged that double stroller out again and pushed those kids all over! I took my typical route this time which is 2.6 miles. I normally do it in 45 minutes, but it took about 50 minutes pushing that tandem stroller around. The kiddos really enjoy looking all around though. It is a great morning distraction for them. I think I will try to do it more often. Boy...sure am wishing I had one of those jogging strollers about now! MUCH easier to push those things outside than my tandem. Oh well...a walk is a walk!

jules1216 06-13-2006 12:34 PM

It's lunchtime!!! Be proud of me girls I gave blood today, the Red Cross comes to my work 4 times a year. With the combination of vitamins with iron and raisins I was able to give for the second time this year after being turned down 3 out of 4 times last year. The one time I was at an anemic level!! This time my iron level was high!!

Bep--are minds must think alike--at first I was thinking Vitroil was a drug too... You are doing excellent on the walking!!

Katy--DS has both those Jack Black movies and some others--his two favorites are "High Velocity" with John Cusack and Orange County. Hubby and I have been together for 20 years too-since May and married 18 on June 7th. I did it all backwards, had DS with a total idiot, met DH, moved in, had DD, got married at the courthouse with both kids and my Mom & DH adopted DS. It all worked out in the end. Sounds like you will be having a fun weekend!!

Well I gotta go!! Hi to everyone else!!

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2006 12:57 PM

Good Morning

Jules- Do you mean Billy Jack or Jack Black? I remember my dad taking us kids to the drive in and watching the Billy Jack movie. We would pop a bag of popcorn and spend the evening watching bad acting. lol

Edited: ok, I saw where jack Black is an actor - oops, I guess I should read more carefully!!

ewwwww, someone just came in smelling like smoke.I HATE that....I can't breathe!!! :smoking:

Bep I have lugged those strollers too! What a work out, I only did it once. :D I am sure pushing the kids means more of a calorie burning thing....lol,,,,,,eww, can't even think with stinking :smoking: smoke....

Katy You can take the Goodwill bag over to my house. What kind of things are you throwing away?? Homemade chili would be delish on a day like this. Do you soak your beans??:o ;) .....is that a personal question?? lol *sigh* Rocky is fine. We chatted last night about something.....he is always nice. We talked about my restraining order on Mike and my needing to renew it by the 19th,,,,and him wondering if I really needed it because I haven't heard from Mike in a year and me thinking I did and him thinking I didn't....and we did that for awhile....:shrug: :headache: :faint: :chin: :tired: my reasoning ( HUSH....I have reasoning!!! lol) is that the restraining order has,,,,,umm, restrained him.....lmao....you are so cool that you know BIG words Katy!!
Anyway, I need to figure out with the :censored: I am going to do PRONTO!:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

I really need to get to work!! chat in a bit!!!

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2006 01:13 PM

Ick, I am back.

Gaby and I stopped at Starbucks and bought some coffee (her) and a bagel ( me) and some cream cheese (we shared ). I was almost going to stop at the cemetery to place some flowers on dads grave, but didn't . I figure I can do that Saturday morning.

Michelle, Cristi, Ginny,Shawna, Kathy,Mari, June C. Hello:wave: Just wanted to say good morning to you!!

chickiemama67 06-13-2006 01:32 PM

howdy

hi yall,
ok so i weighed in and im down to 252 woohooo!!! bep, your walk with the kids is great and is probably doing you more good exercise wise!!! well i need to get sydney, youngest dd to get her haircut then hit the road. ill talk to yall soon,
shawna

jules1216 06-13-2006 01:36 PM

SuzyQ--you gotta love those old Billy Jack movies!! There is a drive-in that I went to as a teenager opening back up for the summer season. DH & I want to go!! DOes Mike still need to be restrained?? Can you restrain yourself from his lankiness??? Does he even attempt to see the Gabster? How are Rach and Rebecca doing?? Is Rach staying away from her old friend that has the mother that buys smokes for her? Did the friend ever come back after running away?? DD's friend pregnant Brooke and her hubby are moving to Oregon in mid-July. When the baby is born she is thinking she will want to go for a visit--who knows maybe I can go with her and see all the Oregon girls!!

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2006 01:49 PM

SuzyQ--you gotta love those old Billy Jack movies!! - ok..... I don't know what Billy ever saw in that lady. She seemed kind of wooden to me or was that her acting?
Does Mike still need to be restrained?? gawd, you sound like Rocky!! lol....I think without an order he will run amok again.Also it gives me something to do at the courthouse.
Can you restrain yourself from his lankiness??? .......:o did I say he reminds me of Napoleon?? *sigh* YES, I can!! Bob the builder says I can, I can. Actually Bob is kind of cute. Remember my crush on him??
Does he even attempt to see the Gabster? No attempts in a year.
How are Rach and Rebecca doing?? They are good, school is over Wednesday.
Is Rach staying away from her old friend that has the mother that buys smokes for her? So far!!
Did the friend ever come back after running away?? Yes.
Who knows maybe I can go with her and see all the Oregon girls!! oh, come see us!!!! Would LOVE :o to meet you !!!!

ShawnaHi :D ;)

FrouFrou 06-13-2006 03:24 PM

Hello ladies...

Wow, I knew I should have gotten on last night. Darn it, I miss all the fun!

Was busy this morning too. Visited with my neighbor, Wanda. Her SIL just passed away Sunday and I just found out. He had lung cancer and from the start never did well with anything, chemo etc. The guy never smoked a day in his life either, sad, he was a nice guy too. He always came over and mowed her yard and took care of anything that needed to be done. After that though, I went to It Figures...skipped yesterday because I just didn't feel like going but thought I am paying for it so I am going today! I'll get my three days in and then walk the rest of the days. Since I didn't do anything yesterday, will take it as a free day.

SUSAN...glad you got your chili. I like chili but I am weird. I only like it in the winter time, the same with any kind of soup. The summer time I like to eat a lot of salads and fruits. That is all I would eat if I were the only one here and didn't have to cook. My hair frizzes with the humidity and rain too! And man it has been humid here.

KATY...you are welcome for the card! I was going to look up the word too but then saw that BEP did! YGG! Hope you guys have a GREAT anniversary/BD/Fathers Day get away! Just realized that Father's Day is this weekend. Hey, I thought you were the one shoveling manure, lol! Did you ever get all that done? I can't remember...:dizzy:

JULES...isn't it great having a hubby that can do stuff like that? I'm tellin' ya we have saved lots of money over the years. I am very proud of you for giving blood! Now tell me...was it bad? I have wanted to do it for so long and am such a big chicken. I volunteered at a hospital for years and once in a while helped with special projects. One of those was a blood drive and I watched the people give blood. It cracked me up how for some it was fast and others it went very slowly. I think that is why I am a chicken...afraid it will take too long and I will pass out. I don't like needles and can't even stand it when they take a little bit of blood-I really should go do it though. I think that is cool that DH adopted DS and all that matters as you said is it all worked out in the end, doesn't matter how you do it.

BEP...yes, my youngest son is in the ARMY and YES, I am very proud of him! I too support the troops and am very thankful for them...I think more so since my son joined. I love dogs but there are a few I pass when walking that I am glad they are in a fence. But good for you for not letting it stop you from walking, just be careful. And speaking of walking...you are doing an awesome job with it! :carrot:

SHAWNA...such a cute dog! I have been wanting another one for so long...but then I think about house training and all that. We never really had a problem with chewing but that's something else I worry about. So needless to say, we haven't gotten that second dog yet. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner sound good! :T And WTG to 252! :bravo:

MICHELLE...how's it going in your little corner of the world? Hope you are having a good day today.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Well ladies, not much on the agenda today. Already did my vacuuming, dusting done and a load of laundry done as well. Do one load a day at least to keep on top of it. So now just waiting until 3 to go pick V up from work.

Take care ladies and have a great day!

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2006 05:18 PM

:welcome2: Amy If you made it this far you are at the right spot!!! whew,,,,,,now you can rest!!:D

Cristi You missed all the fun!!! I am sure we will do it again though!! lol :dance: Sorry about your neighbors SIL. You had to go get Vince from work??

Gaby and I stopped for a slurpee last night. My mom thinks it will rot her teeth.:D I think I will go get my OA a going away card and pick up a salad at Trader Joes. I walked 1 mile on the treadmill this AM before Gaby woke up. I am NEVER going to get back on my old schedule. I use to get up at 5AM!!! ugh, that is going to be torture.

Ok, decided to let the order expire. I think it is the right thing and if he decides to get wacky again I can always get another one. I shouldn't live in fear.

k- late lunch!! chat later.

MichelleWhere are you?? Always miss seeing you post. :D

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2006 06:55 PM

tick, tock,tick, tock.......

Time to post again!!!: :bravo: :comp:

I went to Trader Joes and picked up this yummy greek salad. I bought a spendy packet (3.99 - ouch) of turkey. I took the 2 purchases and went to the back of a parking lot and ate. lol.......When completed I had this horrible onion breath and so I got out and opened my car trunk and took 2 pieces of gum out of an orbit box.
I don't always keep my orbit gum in the trunk - honest.
When getting back in the car I noticed Gabys powdered donuts (they go with the slurpee - lol) on the back window thingie.
I passed them right by!!! yay.....

Now I feel sick and am going to head to get Gaby and start the long drive home. It took me 2 hours yesterday!!

My former supervisor just offered me his HUGE cactus. *cough*....never mind - a REAL cactus!!! I said sure.....because I can sell it *cough*....don't tell him that though......yay. I love money.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

jules1216 06-13-2006 07:11 PM

SuzyQ--yes for passing the donuts and not stopping to eat--great NSV for you!!!!

Cristina--after the initial stick there is no pain--the trick to getting done faster is to drink water and not be dehydrated--at least that's what someone told me. I hate needles and DD hates them so much she has fillings done without them!!

Shawna--your doing great--what is your secret????

Hi to all!!

FrouFrou 06-13-2006 10:39 PM

Hello ladies :wave:

Did ya miss me, lol! :p Took me a while today to read everything I didn't have much posting time and did it in a hurry. So I am back for a few minutes. V is watching a basketball game on the telly...I don't mind going to the games but not a fan of watching it on t.v. The same with baseball...love going, but seems so boring on t.v. About the only thing/sport I like watching on t.v. is football. Still, I haven't seen much in the past few years. Used to be HUGE Cowboys fan. Now they are okay but my favs are the Broncos, 49'ers, Raiders, and the Rams. Been a Rams fan since they were in L.A.

OMG JULES! Kuddos to your daughter! I hate needles too but would never have the dentist touch my mouth until it is completely numb. I get so tense and stressed about going I don't go as often as I should. By the way how is she holding up? I'll have to remember your tip...and not be afraid of donating blood. They are always needing my type and have blood drives at DH's work. I remember growing up my mom always gave blood at work when they had their drives.

SUSAN...WTG missy on passing on the donuts. :carrot: You'll get back on your schedule soon enough. It will be hard at first but once you get used to it again you will be fine. So what exactly is in a greek salad? Don't think I have ever had one. Yes, I had to go pick V up from work. Jason has classes M-F and has to be there at 9 a.m. and he hasn't found a car yet. Thinking about driving Josh's truck, V that is. We just don't like to drive except once in a while even though he told us to. Seems a waste sitting in the drive way though.

Hey, I remember those Billy Jack movies...went to the drive-in and saw them. Man does that make me feel old! High Velocity and Orange County are two of our favs too Jules! And School of Rock...that was cute. I haven't seen the King Kong one yet. Jack Black has a new movie coming out (can't remember the name of it) that looks so stupid that I am going to have to see it! He cracks me up for some reason. You know, he can actually sing too. Anyway...

Hi to everyone :wave:

Guess I best get going...want to read some before falling asleep. Read some while I waited on V to come out today and the book is getting better. It's one of those that you don't want to put down until you are finished...but I had to. Have a good night ladies! See ya tomorrow :wave:

bep 06-13-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristina04

KATY...you are welcome for the card! I was going to look up the word too but then saw that BEP did! YGG!

Actually...Jules is the bwainy one here who looked it up in her dictionary. ;) Cwedit where cwedit is due! :D