Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #16  
RosieKate

Hi ya

I can't weigh 'cause I gots no scale However, it is on order and should arrive any day now. I used my visa points.....yay freebies. Been feeling pretty good about food and exercise overall, but I did indulge in some pizza this weekend and I working hard to stay on track today. It's a hard day...I stayed up way too late last night, watching the Tonys. Then it was up at 5am and off to the gym.. Now I am crashing big time and it is so hard for me to stay OP when that happens. I've had some graham crackers with a little frosting - leftovers from the Sunday School party..yuck. I haven't had many and the calories for the day still aren't too bad, so I am clamping down on dinner.

Congrats to all the big losers.....and of course I mean that in the best possible way It's remnant from my TOPS days when we would award the Loser of the Week every week. Only support group around that wants everyone to be a big loser, hee hee

Today has been pretty schizo...have lots of little things to do and I am running from this to that and not much is getting done. I am finishing up the 5th load of laundry (yikes); I think I'll start loading up goodwill donations. I'm tripping over stuff, so it's time to purge.

Susan- that chili sounds good. I make a pretty good chili... I should make up some and freeze it.

Proud Grandma - care to identify youself? I don't think you are being very appropriate in a forum as welcoming as this one....save your vitriol for another board, please. I understand the admins read this board - so I hope they address your flaming.

Cristina- Thank you for the lovely BD card... I can't beleive it's coming up so soon. I've been focused on my anniversary getaway this weekend, and completely spaced the birthday

Last edited by RosieKate; 06-12-2006 at 05:44 PM.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

awwwwww. The MODS waved their magic wand...so cool.

Katy You want to make me some chili?? Or give me the recipe...I love chili!! I did make it down to Wendys and ate a bowl...so good, especially on a gloomy day like today.
lol
I cleaned my apt by shoving things in black bags....presto!! Cleaned.....looks so nice.

HUGS to you Katy - when is your birthday??

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-12-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:45 PM   #18  
RosieKate

The 15th - my anny is the 16th...AND its the end of the school year....could I have picked a busier time to have a birthday - I think not, lol

Old 06-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #19  
kitty Momo

I won't scare you and come pounding on your door Katy on your birthday but I will send you something.
The 15th is promotion for Rachel we found her a summery dress at Meier & Frank - need to get her some shoes. I was going to go out with my baby sister afterwards and get a bite to eat, if she makes it.

ugh,,,,,,,,I have these fruit flies flying around.....ugh - .....just one thing after another!!!!

Anyway....Cristi - yes the children were polite. They were showing all that they had learned through the year , I guess. Very well mannered children.....I was almost thinking we were all going to brush our teeth after the meal......lol

chat later!!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

I am going home now!!! You all can come out now and chat!!
My office assistant just said that there are FRESH bagels in the kitchen! omg...I think I am a carb addict. I love breads.
It is raining again and my hair is POOFED up like a poodle.

Thought I would share. lol.........chat tomorrow or maybe after dinner.....
Old 06-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #21  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default howdy

hi yall,
sorry im so late posting today.....busy busy busy. i havent made it to the gym today to weigh in.....so i will do it tomorrow. congrats to everyone for losses and maintainings......and wtg bep on the 5 lbs!!
ive had a pretty good food day, oatmeal for breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch, and baked chicken with green beans for dinner.
we got the puppy today, and dh has named her bebe, i will post a picture of her, she is so little!! the cat just looks at her meows and then runs off .... im sure they will make friends soon.
i am going out of town tomorrow for a managers meeting, so ive been trying on clothes to figure out what to where lol......im finally getting back in to some of these pants wooohooo. well im outta here i have to get packed.
night night,
shawna
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

Night Shawna!

That was exciting about Bep! I can't do smilies on this MAC!

I am taking Gab home. I feel down because my best female friend is moving to Everett, WA with her boyfriend in a month - he finally got a job! yay....bf. lol He writes grants, some high paying position. She is talking about planning for a retirement in 5 years and I am talking about my garnishment.....lol
Anyway, she won't be going to camp now!! argh......

k- bummed. I think I will get Gabster to bed and chat with Rocky - listen to him wheeze,,,,,,, poor thing.

chat tomorrow!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #23  
ugggg.....

Cristina--we were having phone troubles last week too--luckily DH is really handy--of course he is maintenace/machinist. Another thing with this wellnes program at work on Mondays and Wednesdays there will be a 20 minute video of WATP shown for anyone who wants to join in--DH says he will stay for me to do it one day each week or he will just drive separate that day.

Michelle ma belle--how's the headaches? My daughter was so bad her junior year in high school the doctor actually tried the shots in the back of her head--DD hates shots but was willing to try it--but she says the shots were as bad as the actual headaches--a homopathic doctor then told her that her blood sugar was out of whack--not diabetic but she had the potential to be (not to mention all four grandparents either have it (my Dad & MIL) or diabetes problems in family (my mom's aunt and FIL's aunt)) DD finds if she eats small meals or has a snack and doesn't skip eating she doesn't get the migranes as often--sleep is another factor for her--if she doesn't get enough (I am the same way--have to have at least 6 hours and I am better with 8)

Bep--good on the walk--pushing the double stroller should help burn more calories even if you are not jogging!!

Katy--you made me get my dictionary out--for those of you that also need to know..."vitriol":virulence (extreme bitterness of temper) of feeling or of speech. I used to do pretty good with the Readers Digest word/meaning section due to a really cool English class in high school and all the reading I do. I can usual figure out the overall meaning of a word but I love my dictionary--drove my kids nuts that I made them look words up instead of just telling them what the meaning was--my DS is a dictionary fanatic now too & reads alot --BTW Happy BDAY & Anniversary early!!! My DD's bday is the 20th she will be a whole 19!! I hate when the babies grow up!! What is your anniversary getaway???

SuzyQ--I guess the MODS want this to be a happy place!! My son loved Napolean Dynamite and now the director of it made the new Jack Black movie (who my son also loves) It looks really funny....DS says I have to come see Napolean!!

Shawna--your puppy is too cute!!!

Morning to Ginny and everyone else--gotta get to work!!

Last edited by jules1216; 06-13-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #24  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!!! And what a lovely morning it is!!! Beautiful!!!

Well...I did get to take my regular walk last night. I walked for just over an hour for just under 4 miles. YOWCHERZ!!!! I was stinkin' sore when I finished! Then I made the mistake of sitting down for a couple minutes...then I was REALLY sore. It's gotta be doing something good if I feel that sore!

There is this dog that always comes barking and growling and running up to the road when I am walking. Well...I have finally figured out that he won't actually go onto the road, so I 'probably' won't get bit if I walk on the road while going past that house. I always dread walking past that house, but I am getting used to it now. No stupid mutt is going to rain on my walk!!!

I won't be able to get my long walk in tonight because we will all be gone, so I hope to get the kiddos out for a bit of a walk this morning. I can't see wasting this beautiful weather!!!

Susan I am sorry your buddy is leaving! It's a bummer for a good friend to move away.

Shawna Congrats on the new little one in your house! I hope he is a sweet pup...and that he doesn't eat tooooooo many shoes!

Katy I think you had better bring a whole pot of chili with you next time you log on...that sounds SOOOOO good right now! Hmmmmm...chili in the mornin'....who'd a thunk it??? Laundry...pooooo....I did PILES of that yesterday too! What fun!!!!!

Christina Your son is serving our country? YAY for your son!!!!!! I am so thankful for our troops! I feel a huge burst of pride when I see someone in their uniform! You must be so proud of him!

Hello to everyone else!!!! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!!! Give someone a big ole hug today!!!

Last edited by bep; 06-13-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #25  
bep

Jules Good morning! We must have been posting at the same time and I missed you. Thanks for explaining vitriol! When I saw what everyone had written, I figured that someone had been on here and the post was deleted, but I never saw it. I just figured vitriol was some kind of drug that someone was on here trying to sell! Duh to me! I guess I should have pulled out that dictionary too, eh? Do we know who this person is that hopped on or was it some random vigilante?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #26  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Well, I was heading off to the 6am yoga class, but then I just decided a cup of coffee sounded better, lol! I'll go in later this morning and put my DD in the child care...she'll enjoy that more than sitting at home watching me clean. I really need to get a carload over to goodwill, so I'll most likely do that after the gym.

I've been tracking calories for the last two days and it isn't pretty..yeah I ate the chili, but I put some cheese and goldfish crackers on it - yum! but not good news calorie-wise. Today is a new day thank goodness

Bep - yeah I had all the laundry piled on my bed and there was so much of it it kept falling off! Good news - don't have to do any today. Congrats on the 5 lbs - you are doing such a great job! Keep up the good work!

Susan- How was Rocky - is he feeling any better? Sorry about your pal. Some of my gal pals have moved away in the last few years - I miss them but try to send off an email and pictures every now and then...

Jules - hee hee - really I just typed the words that came into my head - I have a vocabulary and I'm not afraid to use it, lol! JK But really I was online when the comments were coming and I just couldn't let it pass... BTW - we just had Jack Black two-fer. Saw King Kong and School of Rock in the last week or so. I liked them both. I've seen SoR before and got a big kick out of those kids, so I let my son watch it.

Shawna - you are making really good food choices - I need to look at your list more often - I'm sure your weigh in will be a good one. Have a safe trip.

For our anniversary, We are going to Ashland ( Southern OR) to see some plays at the Shakespearean Festival...will be gone Fri-Sun. We've been together for (gulp) 20 years, married for 16. I have been so slammed between sewing the drapes for the ILS and getting ready for VBS and finishing the vest for DH - I need to get away! BTW - I finished the vest - It looks good and just in time for Father's Day! I'll try to get a picture of him in it. My next knitting project is to use up all these leftover balls of wool from various projects. I enjoyed felting that little skull tote, so I think I'll knit up a big multi-colored satchel with all these leftovers and felt it. I could use a big knitting bag. It will be a good project work on during the drive to Ashland.

Hope everyone has a good day...Hi to Cristina, Ginny, Kathy, Michelle, and anyone else reading this...I have a busy day but might get back this evening to chat some more.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #27  
RosieKate

Hey Bep! You posted while I was typing my novel, lol!

The poster has been banned - just someone trying to rile people up. Worked on me, obviously. Vitriol does sound like a drug name, doesn't it?

Have a good day!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #28  
bep

I did it!!! I lugged that double stroller out again and pushed those kids all over! I took my typical route this time which is 2.6 miles. I normally do it in 45 minutes, but it took about 50 minutes pushing that tandem stroller around. The kiddos really enjoy looking all around though. It is a great morning distraction for them. I think I will try to do it more often. Boy...sure am wishing I had one of those jogging strollers about now! MUCH easier to push those things outside than my tandem. Oh well...a walk is a walk!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:34 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

It's lunchtime!!! Be proud of me girls I gave blood today, the Red Cross comes to my work 4 times a year. With the combination of vitamins with iron and raisins I was able to give for the second time this year after being turned down 3 out of 4 times last year. The one time I was at an anemic level!! This time my iron level was high!!

Bep--are minds must think alike--at first I was thinking Vitroil was a drug too... You are doing excellent on the walking!!

Katy--DS has both those Jack Black movies and some others--his two favorites are "High Velocity" with John Cusack and Orange County. Hubby and I have been together for 20 years too-since May and married 18 on June 7th. I did it all backwards, had DS with a total idiot, met DH, moved in, had DD, got married at the courthouse with both kids and my Mom & DH adopted DS. It all worked out in the end. Sounds like you will be having a fun weekend!!

Well I gotta go!! Hi to everyone else!!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

Jules- Do you mean Billy Jack or Jack Black? I remember my dad taking us kids to the drive in and watching the Billy Jack movie. We would pop a bag of popcorn and spend the evening watching bad acting. lol

Edited: ok, I saw where jack Black is an actor - oops, I guess I should read more carefully!!

ewwwww, someone just came in smelling like smoke.I HATE that....I can't breathe!!!

Bep I have lugged those strollers too! What a work out, I only did it once. I am sure pushing the kids means more of a calorie burning thing....lol,,,,,,eww, can't even think with stinking smoke....

Katy You can take the Goodwill bag over to my house. What kind of things are you throwing away?? Homemade chili would be delish on a day like this. Do you soak your beans?? .....is that a personal question?? lol *sigh* Rocky is fine. We chatted last night about something.....he is always nice. We talked about my restraining order on Mike and my needing to renew it by the 19th,,,,and him wondering if I really needed it because I haven't heard from Mike in a year and me thinking I did and him thinking I didn't....and we did that for awhile.... my reasoning ( HUSH....I have reasoning!!! lol) is that the restraining order has,,,,,umm, restrained him.....lmao....you are so cool that you know BIG words Katy!!
Anyway, I need to figure out with the I am going to do PRONTO!

I really need to get to work!! chat in a bit!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-13-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Closed Thread