Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #31  
kitty Momo

Ick, I am back.

Gaby and I stopped at Starbucks and bought some coffee (her) and a bagel ( me) and some cream cheese (we shared ). I was almost going to stop at the cemetery to place some flowers on dads grave, but didn't . I figure I can do that Saturday morning.

Michelle, Cristi, Ginny,Shawna, Kathy,Mari, June C. Hello Just wanted to say good morning to you!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #32  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default howdy

hi yall,
ok so i weighed in and im down to 252 woohooo!!! bep, your walk with the kids is great and is probably doing you more good exercise wise!!! well i need to get sydney, youngest dd to get her haircut then hit the road. ill talk to yall soon,
shawna
Old 06-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #33  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--you gotta love those old Billy Jack movies!! There is a drive-in that I went to as a teenager opening back up for the summer season. DH & I want to go!! DOes Mike still need to be restrained?? Can you restrain yourself from his lankiness??? Does he even attempt to see the Gabster? How are Rach and Rebecca doing?? Is Rach staying away from her old friend that has the mother that buys smokes for her? Did the friend ever come back after running away?? DD's friend pregnant Brooke and her hubby are moving to Oregon in mid-July. When the baby is born she is thinking she will want to go for a visit--who knows maybe I can go with her and see all the Oregon girls!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #34  
kitty Momo

SuzyQ--you gotta love those old Billy Jack movies!! - ok..... I don't know what Billy ever saw in that lady. She seemed kind of wooden to me or was that her acting?
Does Mike still need to be restrained?? gawd, you sound like Rocky!! lol....I think without an order he will run amok again.Also it gives me something to do at the courthouse.
Can you restrain yourself from his lankiness??? ....... did I say he reminds me of Napoleon?? *sigh* YES, I can!! Bob the builder says I can, I can. Actually Bob is kind of cute. Remember my crush on him??
Does he even attempt to see the Gabster? No attempts in a year.
How are Rach and Rebecca doing?? They are good, school is over Wednesday.
Is Rach staying away from her old friend that has the mother that buys smokes for her? So far!!
Did the friend ever come back after running away?? Yes.
Who knows maybe I can go with her and see all the Oregon girls!! oh, come see us!!!! Would LOVE to meet you !!!!

ShawnaHi
Old 06-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #35  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Wow, I knew I should have gotten on last night. Darn it, I miss all the fun!

Was busy this morning too. Visited with my neighbor, Wanda. Her SIL just passed away Sunday and I just found out. He had lung cancer and from the start never did well with anything, chemo etc. The guy never smoked a day in his life either, sad, he was a nice guy too. He always came over and mowed her yard and took care of anything that needed to be done. After that though, I went to It Figures...skipped yesterday because I just didn't feel like going but thought I am paying for it so I am going today! I'll get my three days in and then walk the rest of the days. Since I didn't do anything yesterday, will take it as a free day.

SUSAN...glad you got your chili. I like chili but I am weird. I only like it in the winter time, the same with any kind of soup. The summer time I like to eat a lot of salads and fruits. That is all I would eat if I were the only one here and didn't have to cook. My hair frizzes with the humidity and rain too! And man it has been humid here.

KATY...you are welcome for the card! I was going to look up the word too but then saw that BEP did! YGG! Hope you guys have a GREAT anniversary/BD/Fathers Day get away! Just realized that Father's Day is this weekend. Hey, I thought you were the one shoveling manure, lol! Did you ever get all that done? I can't remember...

JULES...isn't it great having a hubby that can do stuff like that? I'm tellin' ya we have saved lots of money over the years. I am very proud of you for giving blood! Now tell me...was it bad? I have wanted to do it for so long and am such a big chicken. I volunteered at a hospital for years and once in a while helped with special projects. One of those was a blood drive and I watched the people give blood. It cracked me up how for some it was fast and others it went very slowly. I think that is why I am a chicken...afraid it will take too long and I will pass out. I don't like needles and can't even stand it when they take a little bit of blood-I really should go do it though. I think that is cool that DH adopted DS and all that matters as you said is it all worked out in the end, doesn't matter how you do it.

BEP...yes, my youngest son is in the ARMY and YES, I am very proud of him! I too support the troops and am very thankful for them...I think more so since my son joined. I love dogs but there are a few I pass when walking that I am glad they are in a fence. But good for you for not letting it stop you from walking, just be careful. And speaking of walking...you are doing an awesome job with it!

SHAWNA...such a cute dog! I have been wanting another one for so long...but then I think about house training and all that. We never really had a problem with chewing but that's something else I worry about. So needless to say, we haven't gotten that second dog yet. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner sound good! And WTG to 252!

MICHELLE...how's it going in your little corner of the world? Hope you are having a good day today.

HI to everyone else

Well ladies, not much on the agenda today. Already did my vacuuming, dusting done and a load of laundry done as well. Do one load a day at least to keep on top of it. So now just waiting until 3 to go pick V up from work.

Take care ladies and have a great day!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #36  
kitty Momo

Amy If you made it this far you are at the right spot!!! whew,,,,,,now you can rest!!

Cristi You missed all the fun!!! I am sure we will do it again though!! lol Sorry about your neighbors SIL. You had to go get Vince from work??

Gaby and I stopped for a slurpee last night. My mom thinks it will rot her teeth. I think I will go get my OA a going away card and pick up a salad at Trader Joes. I walked 1 mile on the treadmill this AM before Gaby woke up. I am NEVER going to get back on my old schedule. I use to get up at 5AM!!! ugh, that is going to be torture.

Ok, decided to let the order expire. I think it is the right thing and if he decides to get wacky again I can always get another one. I shouldn't live in fear.

k- late lunch!! chat later.

MichelleWhere are you?? Always miss seeing you post.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #37  
kitty Momo

tick, tock,tick, tock.......

Time to post again!!!:

I went to Trader Joes and picked up this yummy greek salad. I bought a spendy packet (3.99 - ouch) of turkey. I took the 2 purchases and went to the back of a parking lot and ate. lol.......When completed I had this horrible onion breath and so I got out and opened my car trunk and took 2 pieces of gum out of an orbit box.
I don't always keep my orbit gum in the trunk - honest.
When getting back in the car I noticed Gabys powdered donuts (they go with the slurpee - lol) on the back window thingie.
I passed them right by!!! yay.....

Now I feel sick and am going to head to get Gaby and start the long drive home. It took me 2 hours yesterday!!

My former supervisor just offered me his HUGE cactus. *cough*....never mind - a REAL cactus!!! I said sure.....because I can sell it *cough*....don't tell him that though......yay. I love money.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-13-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #38  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--yes for passing the donuts and not stopping to eat--great NSV for you!!!!

Cristina--after the initial stick there is no pain--the trick to getting done faster is to drink water and not be dehydrated--at least that's what someone told me. I hate needles and DD hates them so much she has fillings done without them!!

Shawna--your doing great--what is your secret????

Hi to all!!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

Did ya miss me, lol! Took me a while today to read everything I didn't have much posting time and did it in a hurry. So I am back for a few minutes. V is watching a basketball game on the telly...I don't mind going to the games but not a fan of watching it on t.v. The same with baseball...love going, but seems so boring on t.v. About the only thing/sport I like watching on t.v. is football. Still, I haven't seen much in the past few years. Used to be HUGE Cowboys fan. Now they are okay but my favs are the Broncos, 49'ers, Raiders, and the Rams. Been a Rams fan since they were in L.A.

OMG JULES! Kuddos to your daughter! I hate needles too but would never have the dentist touch my mouth until it is completely numb. I get so tense and stressed about going I don't go as often as I should. By the way how is she holding up? I'll have to remember your tip...and not be afraid of donating blood. They are always needing my type and have blood drives at DH's work. I remember growing up my mom always gave blood at work when they had their drives.

SUSAN...WTG missy on passing on the donuts. You'll get back on your schedule soon enough. It will be hard at first but once you get used to it again you will be fine. So what exactly is in a greek salad? Don't think I have ever had one. Yes, I had to go pick V up from work. Jason has classes M-F and has to be there at 9 a.m. and he hasn't found a car yet. Thinking about driving Josh's truck, V that is. We just don't like to drive except once in a while even though he told us to. Seems a waste sitting in the drive way though.

Hey, I remember those Billy Jack movies...went to the drive-in and saw them. Man does that make me feel old! High Velocity and Orange County are two of our favs too Jules! And School of Rock...that was cute. I haven't seen the King Kong one yet. Jack Black has a new movie coming out (can't remember the name of it) that looks so stupid that I am going to have to see it! He cracks me up for some reason. You know, he can actually sing too. Anyway...

Hi to everyone

Guess I best get going...want to read some before falling asleep. Read some while I waited on V to come out today and the book is getting better. It's one of those that you don't want to put down until you are finished...but I had to. Have a good night ladies! See ya tomorrow
Old 06-13-2006, 10:51 PM   #40  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina04

KATY...you are welcome for the card! I was going to look up the word too but then saw that BEP did! YGG!

Actually...Jules is the bwainy one here who looked it up in her dictionary. Cwedit where cwedit is due!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #41  
bep

Oh my goodness!!! This afternoon & tonight I felt COMPLETELY sapped! I normally keep to about 1200 cals in a day, but today I upped it to 1400 hoping that would help me. I have been getting a lot of exercise lately and I think I just needed some extra cals in today. I hope I have my 'zip' back tomorrow...tons to do!

G'night all!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

Good evening

Michelle - THANKS so much for the Napoleon pens, paper and magnet mirror!!!! They will go in my office so I can space looking at them. That was very sweet of you!!!! Hope you are having a good day, you brightened mine up!!!

Cristi- We aren't old!! We were just little kids - do you remember 7 Alone? I remember watching that as a child.

Hi Jules & Bep!!! Where are you Ginny & Kathy??

It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home!! Argh......chat tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #43  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I had a kidney stone a few years back---very painful--I was rolling around on the floor it hurt so bad!!! I'm "O" positive blood type which they always need.

Bep--if I was the bwainy one I wouldn't have had to look it up!!! no cwedit necessary!!

Had a flat tire this morning--hope it's not a sign of things to come today and an omen that I should have stayed home!!! Hi to all, gotta go!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #44  
bep

Good morning everyone!

I am suffering from burnout today. Not a "I am sick of eating healthy & low-cal" kind of a burnout, but my body feels burned out. I will not be exercising today. I don't know if I would have had time to exercise today anyway...I have to do my 'top to bottom' house cleaning today (someone remind me exactly WHY I have 3 full bathrooms??? ) Then tonight, I am going to be cleaning my carpets in the living room. So...I will be getting a form of exercise, but not my normal kind.

Do any of you get blisters on your feet from serious walking? I have been wearing out socks by the bucketfull and my feet get blisters. I can't tie my right shoe any tighter because I have a broken pinky toe that is not healing well. I can walk on it in my tennis shoes but it is really painful if my shoe is too tight. I have had this broken toe issue since December. It never completely healed and then about a month ago, I broke it again. I think it is never going to heal right (there isn't anything they can do for a broken toe), so I am not going to let it keep me from exercising. Anyway...why do my toes and balls of my feet keep getting blisters and why are my socks all wearing out on the balls of my feet???
Old 06-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #45  
ugggg.....

Bep--go to a sporting goods store and get the type of socks worn by hikers that wick the moisture away from your feet--we used to hike some hard trails on the local spots on the Appalachian Trail when the kids were younger. I got blisters until I got some good socks for the whole family. The socks are not the cheapest but the hold up well and have more cushion too. I am not sure but the moisture from feet sweating and then the sock moving may be what's causing the blisters.
Closed Thread