Old 06-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #91  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Red, to answer your question... ...nothing is going on... with the exercise, I mean! ops:
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #92  

Good morning all. Red, sorry to hear about your Uncle. Glad you were able to get some walking and your crunches in. And the piggies were not meant to be cute - that is how I was eating and feeling.

JCT - glad to see you back. Good luck with your challenges. Everyone else, good job on your challenges!!

OK. So, back to business, again.

Challenges, start 6/19/06. All level 3's.
1) Follow menu, under 2000 calories.
2) NO SODA
3) do ab/core work daily at home.

I think I am going to add in a money goal too. Not directly related to weight loss, but I want to become financially healthy too. And let's face it, most of what I blow money on is food that is bad for me

Have a good day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #93  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, it's Monday and time to get back into my routine of logging my food and working out. Since we started on this new flooring in our house (still not done), I have not been logging my food into fitday and my working out has been sporadic at best! Traveling to California topped everything off! I'm scared to even get on the scale. Oh well, I've taken breaks before and had a couple of backslides and I always managed to get back on track and here I go again!

My new challenges are meant to just get me back into the swing of things.

1. log all food in fitday, Level 1

2. At least 30 minutes of some sort of exercise everyday, Level 3.
I'm going to count any kind of exercise that is beyond the everyday activities such as normal house cleaning. Definitely will count laying flooring as exercise, it's hard work!

Both these challenges are normally routine for me, but since I've slacked off lately, I will use these 21 days to get me out of this rut I've fallen into.

Red - sorry to hear about your uncle! Hope you got a hold of your father. I know how hard it is to live away from your family. I'm not as far as Japan, but even traveling to California for me is hard financially.

Good job on your challenges!

Jolly - I hear you on the That's about how I feel right now! Let's both get back into it!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm still trying to catch up with all your posts but I'll get back into reading and posting myself.

djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #94  

Good Monday Morning Everyone-
Ohhhh I miss the weekend already!

Red- I am so sorry about your uncle and you missing your father! I know exactly how it feels to live far away from people you love. It can be very hard but I am sure he is proud of you making it in Japan!!! Parts of him will always be with you dont matter where you are!

I am not sure what challenges to do, i dont want to get too fancy with it and not being able to complete it!

1) 64oz water daily Level 1
2) 30min of exercise daily Level 2
3) 50 crunches daily Level 3
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #95  
Friend to Little Doggies

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'1"

Default First Weigh In

Since I'm not sure if we have a group weigh in, I'm calling Monday my own Weigh In Day [it keeps me on track for the weekend]. So my first weigh in I'm down 2 pounds. Hot Diggety!!! A whole week of success!

Sunday we had a 2 1/2 mile procession for our Church so I called that my exercise for the day. I fell on a sewer topper and gashed my knee so I can't do my video this week cuz you're on your knees for a part of it--so I'll just be walking this week.

Today I did a really fast 30 min walk. That's it so far...

Sounds like we're all up for the coming week--YAY!

Red, my condolences on your uncle's passing.

Diana
ChicCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #96  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Default Monday......

Today is the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!! So......... I spent the morning sleeping in.... HotSpotting my kids' room, making up math and reading flash cards, and pulling weeds! YAY!!!!!!

Red, I am so sorry about your Uncle. Were he and your father close? Memorials are no fun, we just had on for a young neighbor kid this weekend. Keep your chin up and know that we are here for you.

My challenges are going well... did my yard workout today.... squat, pull, stand, throw, squat, pull, ect... and I am CHUGGING the water LOL

Well ladies. I have to go make sure my little monsters aren't into things they shouldn't be. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 H2O : Day 2 complete
#2 Walk/Yardwork : Day 2 complete
JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #97  

Hey all. Day 1, all three challenges successfully met.

Sorry keeping this short. I am very tired and heading to bed. Have a great one everyone
Old 06-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #98  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Red, so very sorry about your Uncle.

Let’s see day four… successful with my daily exercise… definitely a pause day with the water.

What an emotional day, the best and the worst…

I guess I really am in a turning point in my life and getting back to a healthy lifestyle and weight are just what I need to ‘start fresh;. I ended… although I knew it was going to months back… a relationship I had been in for years today. First love, but was never the happiest relationship. He was with me during someone of my roughest times, but it just would never of worked. I stayed with him forever it seems because I honestly didn’t believe I deserved him or anyone else, and he knew that and played on it. But I do deserve more, no matter what weight I am, how messy my situation may be or how much time I have. But it’s over and it’s time for some much needed me time.

On a happier note I also got to spend some time with my most dear friend in the world. We grew up together, lived across the street from one another, worked our first jobs across the street from one another and were inseparable. Time and school physically separated us but tonight it felt like a day had never passed. It’s funny with real friends, you can pick up just where you left off… no matter how much has happened in-between. We had some much need laughs, smiles and memories.

It’s kinda crazy that I’m pouring all this out to all you women but I have found more comfort and understanding on 3FC then I have in years and I hope you all will join with me in my weight loss and life journey into a new me. And I hope you all too will share your successes, slip ups and courage with me as we are all beautiful women, inside and out no matter how hard it is to find sometimes.
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #99  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello, everyone and thank all of you who expressed your condolences. That was really sweet of you.. I am doing a flyby here because I just got in and now am rushing to get out and catch a bus up to the racehorse training center, where I'll stay over night and watch the trackwork tomorrow morning. So, I won't be on here for another 24 hours or so. Everyone take care and good luck with your challenges! I'll get back to you all later!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:35 AM   #100  

hi all
really tired and struggling but did day 20 exercise
very stressed with the law case. it was fairly traumatic in court today but i am hanging in there. 7 days until i move

JCT - that's a cute pic, what is it??
red and everyone else - take care of yourselves!

i have to go. i can't keep my eyes open and it's only 730pm
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #101  

Good Morning Everyone-
I have not started my challenge yet! This weeks is going to be very eventful so i wll take it off and officially start it on Monday!

Pink-Great job on breaking that off! Its better to be alone than in bad company! If i hadnt broken off with this guy who I thought was the greatest but didnt do much for me or for our future, i wouldnt have met my husband! So, there is no reason for you to be with someone who is taking up the spot for "THE ONE"!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #102  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good morning all!

Day 1 challenges met. I logged every bite in fitday and did 1/2 hour stepping and 1/2 hour gardening. It really felt good to get moving again, so hopefully, I'll pick right back up on my old workout habits.

PinkSnow - sorry to hear about the relationship, but it sounds like you made a good decision for yourself! We really do deserve more!

JCT - keep up the good work!

Everyone have a great day!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #103  

I just have to drop in a quick mid-day growl. Grrrrrrr. I am having a real hard time with following my menu challenge. Even though I know it is due to stress etc., and I am not even hungry, I am having a real difficult time avoiding the I really, really want some And not in any shape or form of moderation. This is not good. YIKES!!!!

My Karma seems to have come back, but if anyone can find my friend Will Power, please tell him I miss him. Will, are you out there???
Old 06-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #104  

jolly - good vibes sent your way honey...drink some tea or a cup of coffee and think about something else...do you have a fruit at hand? that will help too...
Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #105  

Hey all.

I have officially fallen off the wagon. Again. Not even dragging behind it at this point. I am sitting on the side of the road, feeling ill from all I ate, and feeling sorry for myself. Poor me. Why is this so hard. Why does THIS always happen to me. Like I have no say in the matter, and am just a victim of circumstance. Honestly, Officer Red Balloon - the food jumped me man, and shoved itself into my mouth. I wasn't looking for it. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is pitiful. Eating healthy is not too difficult. Eating a normal portion size (or heck, even two vs enough for the football team) is not deprivation. I can enjoy all the foods I like, feel full, and feel healthy. I can not continue this way. I need to get a handle on my stress, and on this emotional eating, before I make myself truly ill.

Help.