Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #46  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Morning All! I survived the weekend Luau! LOL

Marti.... Feeling better today?

Michelle... how is your migraine doing? Unfortunately I get those often and have a running Motrin 800 RX for them as I refuse the shots.

Katie... Is your candle party(ies) like Partylite? I have one of those - those babies are $$$ --- I get most of mine from Yankee or BullFrog Candle (love those candles that glow!)

Jane... Glad your dinner party went well -- how was the reunion? I don't really have a family of my own anymore (other than my DH parents and our kids) -- his side of the family NEVER get together. That must be fun though!

WELCOME F LADY

Cristina... I have a pergola & I LOVE MINE! My dh built it last year - it is HUGE. I am sorry about your son having to go back so soon, I don't know what that is like yet but I do know about missing that family as being a military brat myself we moved every year when I was little if not every 6 months - that is so hard!

Sue... OUCHY! Are you ok? ICY steps? How did they get icy? I know we had hail on Sat afternoon did you?

Jules... how do you like the ball? I love mine! I am waiting patiently (ok not really patient) for my ab assult tape I got off of ebay to arrive

Sorry for anyone I missed!

The luau was a HUGE success! The weather held and we had an absolute fabulous time. I had 16 8-9 year olds running everywhere LOL. I ended up have 3 stay the night (just because they are good kids and I am good friends with their moms). It was from 12-3 and I cannot believe how many cool gifts she got. She got her most wanted toy from her "bf" have to laugh as they have been "buddies" since pre-school. Her parents & I are hooking them up LOL. But really he got her the Bratz Magic Genie Doll and he said he knew she wanted it and he had to get it for her. Is he a cutie or what? We ran out of time and didn't get to make the grass skirts but we were never lacking for anything to do that is for sure. The balloon stomp was a total hit and we had to play that 2 times, it was a riot to watch.

Then the weather hit right after the party (thank goodness) -- pink & green cloud over my house - YIKES! The next town had a ton of hail, we only got about 2 min of a downpour & then nothing & then the clouds blew over. I thought for sure by the scary clouds we were in for a nasty storm. Got lucky on that one!

Ok I should probably get some work done, yea like I feel like working but you know.... I am only here until Thursday as I am off Fri & Mon so we can go camping on Lake Michigan

I am a bit worried for my WI today -- I have to admit, I snuck a teeny peice of cake and a chocolate kiss and funny how I feel miserable from it unless the majority of it is my own guilt!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone. So much to catch up on here!! So forgive me if I don't do individuals today.

Had a great weekend. James decided to buy Jhanai's birthday gift early since his schedule is crazy and he doesn't see her that often. She was wanting an IPod Shuffle, but he decided to get her an IPod Nano. Sheesh!! Talk about a nice gift!

The next weekend she's w/me I'm taking her to the coast to go have lunch and roam the beach, rain or shine. She decided to stay w/her dad the next weekend she's here because it's fathers day...totally understandable. She'll be over the next few weekends afterwards. Plan to also get her some birthday gifts in San Fran!

Which...is only a month away!! I'm so ready to go!!

As for the house, we're still in the thinking stages. I'm very reluctant because it's SO much money!! It's a huge responsibility and want to make sure we do it right!

Ok...that's it for now. Must hit the showers!

You all have a great Monday!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #48  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SUE...Glad you got your house all sparkling; that is such a great feeling!

JANE...It sounds like you had a really nice party. Hope you can relax now and take some time just for yourself! My sister is trying to handle my mom's stuff now, but she just called me and said that she was awake on and off all night long crying and worrying how all of this is going to work out with her account.

ROBIN...The luau sounded like it was lots of fun! Great that you had good weather too! I do have a prescription for 800mg motrins that I keep filled and take for my migraines.

MARTI...Does your daughter not live with you? The gift your husband bought her for her B-Day sounds so nice and I'm sure she'll be so happy with it! I think house shopping would be a very stressful situation.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

We're getting so close to 50 posts, let's hop over to #195. See you there.
Closed Thread