Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #46  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Susan ~~ I should also tell you that they are actually called "Walk Away The Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. The dvd at Walmart is back in the electronics area with the special interest dvds. Also, you can order them off Amazon.com and get really good deals, with free shipping if you spend $25 or more. Leslie also has her own site, but the shipping is very expensive!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:21 PM   #47  
RosieKate

Hi chickies
Had a yummy lunch today - fresh fruit salad with canned chicken and almonds - tasty and filling....dinner will be bbq chicken breast, green salad and some lentils and bulgur I simmered up in chicken broth for last night's dinner.

Ok - diving in here - I am 5'4", weigh ( as of this morning) 183 ( yay). size 9 shoes. Approx 38-35-43 Right now I am wearing 16s, but I flirt with 14s. I am in a very frustrating place where many of my 16s are too big, but the 14s are too small. I have a what you would call an typical hourglass, leaning toward a pear shape I guess. I have wide shoulders which make me look more hourglass. I look real good at 150 especially when toned because I carry a fair amount of muscle. I will get there again - I know I will. I used to weigh 220 and was a size 20...so I have come a long way, slowly but surely.

Hi Chimara - welcome to our group - we are very chatty I enjoy checking in with everyone - we are all very supportive.

Bep - welcome - and congrats on your 25 lb loss

Hi Michelle - I've heard good thiings about the WATP videos - This week I've been using the recumbent bike at the gym - it's easier on my knees

Susan- can you get up early and use the treadmill while she's sleeping? Maybe her sitter can watch her for an extra 45 minutes so you can get a quick workout in before you pick her up...I know it's hard with kids. That's why I go to the gym at the crack of dawn 'cause DH is home and everyone is sleeping. Lunchtime walking is an idea - A friend from TOPS used to do that - she had no time to do any other way.

Jules - check out www.knittinghelp.com they had videos of all the techniques - that could help in addition to taking a class. I've never taken a class, just learned on my own and from other knitters here and there ( like Grandma) I love it! I always have a few projects going - keeps me calm, like meditating.

Hi to everyone else! I had big plans to clean house and get groceries but my knitting buddy called up and talked me into spending the morning gabbing and knitting instead. Such a deal - she didn't have to twist my arm too hard. Managed to get home, vacuum, eat lunch, then off to pick up Leigh from preschool. Now we are relaxing and wating for James to get home...dunno what we will do next - maybe those pesky groceries...

Hope you are all having a good day.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #48  
kitty Momo

Chimara No, Mr Jingles is not allowed to date or go outside. He is the only one that follows that rule - the others scatter as soon as the door opens!! lol
I have a 14.5, 13.5 and a 4.5. I came to Oregon when I was 6. It is beautiful!! I wouldn't live anywhere else, unless it was Hawaii maybe.....curious about your Bed and Breakfast - how long have you had that?? Sounds interesting! Would love to do that too someday.
Katy You are eating rather well!!! Lentils sounds good to me Amazing on your weight because you don't look at all like 180!! You look smaller to me Thanks to you and Michelle for the exercise ideas!! I will check out the dvds when payday rolls around again! I enjoyed getting outside this last weekend. Maybe I will walk outside with Gaby on Sat/Sun and doing something inside during the week?? The idea of a workout after work is too tiring...I have to drive so much and *wah *wah...lol something though, right?? Need to get a plan in place!!

yay, 1 more hour and I can go home!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-17-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #49  
Ginny

Good evening ladies,
Welcome Bep and Chimara, nice to have you aboard. Will be fun getting to know you.

Chimara the bed and breakfast sounds so nice. Would be so interesting to meet all the people. But I'm sure it's a lot of work and to do it yourself is admirable. I am a mother of 5 boys, all grown. Have 6 grandchildren, the youngest being just a month. Three live 5 min. away from me, the other 3 are in Calif. I am in Michigan. Dh and I own and operate a commercial greenhouse and retail center. We are in our businest time of year.
My youngest son is getting married in Aug. His name is Josh. I have all J's, dh, sons and grandkids.

Jules
you and I could be twins. I used to be 5'5", but I shrunk quarter of an inch. I wear a 14-16 pants, XL tops, 38B bra, and a 8.5 shoe. I have small boobs and big feet.

Christina
, just enjoy your Josh while he is home, don't think about his leaving until the last minute. It will be hard for you. My ds#2 had to go to Okinawa twice for a yr. he missed his brother's wedding cause he was gone. It wasn't Iraq but still he was gone a long time. You and he will both be in my prayers when he leaves. We will all try to keep you amused so the time will pass quickly and he'll be back in the states before you know it.

Susan, I bet you are nervous about Rachel coming home tomorrow. But I am sure it will work out, good thing her dad has agreed to show a joined front with you. You two need to stick together on this. Walking around the block 3 times sounds like exercise to me. So does walking up 15 flights of stairs. You sound like you are on the right track. They say everything helps.

Well, I ended up going into work at 12:30 today. My sisters were there at the time so I went in early. why didn't I meet with them, why can't I leave the other girls in charge.. they just don't get it. I got most of what I wanted to do done, but I didn't enjoy my time off. I had wanted to go do some shopping for my grandson's birthday which is coming up, but I just didn't have it in me. I am tired of having to rationalize my taking off time once in a while to those two. They act like if I don't go with them then I should be working. Or since I am the boss I can just leave anytime. In reality I can, but if I go I have to pay someone to take my place while I am gone. And it takes two to do what I do. I run both sides of our business, but they are only trained in the retail side, but my sisters just like to make me feel quilty. And it's not cause they miss me. Whoever said that. They are both gone for 6 months in the winter in Florida and neither one even so much as emails me more than once or twice.

Well, I have to go up and ride tonight, I missed it last night, had to much to do.

I noticed one of you has a ticker.com tracker on their post. How did you get yours to work. I tried to get on to keep track of my miles on my bike, but it wouldnt' work and I couldn't get a moderator to assist me.. so I just deleted it...

Hello to everyone I missed. I am tired, so after my ride I'll be going to bed.
Goodnight all and see you in the morning.

Ginny
Old 05-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #50  
kitty Momo

Just dropping in to say good night!!

Chimara - Ten years is a long time! Are you near water?? It is so pretty up north, bet it is just beautiful.
Teens are exhausting, toughest years, no doubt!! Gaby is a dream and is always funny. When I smile she says "I make you happy." Of course I say "yes, you do!"
I went to the Big Island in Nov 05. Looking to go back in Aug, I hope. My co worker is taking 2 weeks off late Aug so I might have to go in Sept. I don't see going before that time. Need to get the girls stable and I have camp in July with my work.

Ginny - wow on 5 boys!! I am very nervous about Rach and upset her father told her he was picking up instead of me, like we planned. I told him " I just want to parent her, I want to be her mother"....he never seems to let me. We are suppose to be united but right now I don't feel we are. I hope you have a good bike ride!!! Pooh on your sisters!!!

I had 10 strawberries, chicken and steamed veggies for dinner. Stuffed. Think I will give Gaby a bath and do a load of laundry before I call it a day.

Night all.......

Shawna & Deb!! Check in and tell us how your day was
Old 05-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #51  
ugggg.....

Hi girls--I am up later than usual but DD came over tonight and just left. She so getting back to the old Teri--divorce day is a week and a day away, but she says she's ready for it--just scared to see him--that it will bring all the feelings back when she feels she is finally ready to move on. She'll be 19 June 20th--too young for all this stuff.

Chimara--my son's paternal grandparents owned a Bed & Breakfast near Harpers Ferry WV until my son was 6 and he stayed with them every third weekend. It was so beautiful-I stayed several times too--they wanted me to wait for their son forever to grow up--I am 40, son is 21 and their son is 45--got busted a few years ago for marijuna--I'd still be waiting...maybe it will take him forever to grow up..

SuzyQ--hope all goes well with Rach's homecoming

Ginny--sorry your sisters upset you..

Katy--that's a neat website--how is your skull tote coming along?

Michelle ma belle--I have seen those tapes and wondered if I would like them or not..

Well it's time for me to go to bed!! Goodnight all!!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #52  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default welcome bep and chimara

Bip and Chimara!!!
OK, today I had to go watch my daughter in her play fiddler on the roof at school at 9, then I went to work out, I did cardio, legs and abs today. Breakfast was a protein shake with banana and nutmeg....yummy. Lunch, I had a salad with a boca chicken cut up in it, first time ive done that it was purdy good. Dinner I had some scrambled egg on half of a whole wheat english muffin. I worked 12-9 today, blah....we were pretty busy, and i have noticed that i have more energy, so i am able to get more work stuff done around there without wearing myself out. i just got a box of flavored triscuits, rosemary and olive oil......love them, and they have alot of fiber!!! My asst manager asked me yesterday how much weight ive lost, i told him 16 lbs...he said "keep it up girl"....hes a 58 year old man, that we think is gay but not sure.....it was so funny hearing him say that.....lol. Well, I am off work tomorrow woohooo, so i get to sleep in.....yeah!!
Good night all,
Shawna
Old 05-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #53  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies...

Up late for some reason...kind of waiting for Jason to get home from work. he thought it would be about midnight so trying to stay awake. Not sure how long that will happen since taking a benedryl. Those things never used to knock me out but now...let's just say I know what to take if I want a good nights sleep, lol!

MS SUSAN...I can totally understand about Rachel coming home. Hopefully she learned something while there and will be good, at least for a little while. How's Rebecca doing with being grounded, and just in general? Hey, I'm with Michelle on the wATP pound videos...you do get a good workout with them, might want to try them.

GINNY...sorry your sisters make you angry. I can definitely relate to that with having two. You know...I try not to think about Josh leaving but for someone that is what's on my mind. I just want him to stay here when he comes home but I know I have to let them be their own person-I still worry though and always will.

JULES...glad to hear Teri is getting back to her old self. Of course come next week it will all probably come back and thank goodness she has her family by her side. And yes, she is definitely too young to be going through that. (((((HUGS))))) to her.

MICHELLE...I too like the WATP videos, and the book is good too! I bought one and did the challenge, if you will, and lost 13 pounds. But have since gained some of that back. Bought the book again to do it again but this time just couldn't get through it. So, it does work. OF course most of me following in the book was actual walking outdoors and on the treadmill. But you definitely get a good workout with them.

KATY...question: what exactly is bulgur and how do you prepare it? I have seen it and seen recipes with it but for the life of me I have no clue as to how to prepare it or what it taste like. You dinner sounds good!

CHIMARA! Glad to have you here and looking forward to getting to know more about you.

SHAWNA...how nice of your boss to notice! Bet your DD was GREAT in The Fiddler on the Roof!

Hi to everyone else

Okay, starting to get sleepy now. Hope I can still get up at 6 like planned. I doubt it but will definitely be up by 7, 7:30. Have a long full day ahead. Nighty, night ladies!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #54  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Cristina ~~ Last year when I lost 40 pounds, the only exercise I did was the WATP dvds and I got so addicted to them! I wish my mind would revert that way again, because I've been lacking very much lately with exercising! The heat has really gotten to me and just drug me down! Tomorrow it's supposed to start cooling down, and I think I really need to get back on track again! Try to get some sleep and have a good evening...
Old 05-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #55  
ugggg.....

Good Morning girls!Boy this is too early to be up before the alarm even rings!! My poor dog has allergies--we are going to have to go get him tested and upgrade the stuff he is on. It works for awhile and then he's miserable again.

Shawna--compliments are always nice--you are doing so good!

Cristina--DD's friend said it was hard to go back after the two week leave too. He did say it is not as bad as the media makes it seem. No fun to be there though.

Michelle ma belle--if you do your watp in the heat make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:13 AM   #56  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

Another day another dollar as they say. I am frustrated today. I am back up a pound. Don't know why other than I haven't been getting in much water, cept I got in 6 glasses yesterday. It's just so cold to be drinking lately. I rode my bike last night, ate healthily all day, just don't get it.

Shawna, how nice for your boss to have noticed. Makes you feel good don't it?

Christina, Benadry effects me the same way. Knocks me out cold. Maybe I should take some at night.. all though I slept till 7 this morning, that is unusual for me. I am usually awake by 6 at least.

My son Josh and his fiance got in last night around 11:30. They have to meet with the minister today. And yes I am helping to plan the wedding. His fiance's mom and I are very close friends. She even works part time for us.

Hi to Jules, Deb, Michelle, Laura, Chimara and everyone else.

My sisters did upset me, but now that I have had their visit I know I won't see them for a while so I can just settle down in my own life. They do this every so often. Then they forget about me and all is well again.

Susan, you going to Hawaii? Did I miss something somewhere? I thought you said your ex was seeing things your way on Rachel. That just makes it extra hard on you if he isnt'.. sorry to hear that. You sure have your plate full. Even though I have 5 sons, you are going thru a heck of a lot more difficulties with your two girls than I ever did with all my boys. And I always thought little girls were so sweet and innocent.

Well, I better scoot. It looks like rain again. I'll check back later.

Have a good one all,
Ginny
Old 05-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #57  
ugggg.....

Ginny--I don't care how careful I eat, how much water I drink and I can exercise my heart out--if I am stressed I gain. I hope you have a sunshine filled & less stressful day & with lots of fun, happy customers buying lots of stuff!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #58  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

*yawn* *streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch* Oh yeah! It is a beautiful day here!!! A few clouds here and there, but that sun is bright! I really hope I get to take a long walk sometime today. I so badly wanted to yesterday, but dh had to help my grandparents with something and didn't get home until after dark. I DON'T walk after dark anymore because I had a dog come after me that I didn't see and scared the stink out of me. I have 2 toddlers so I couldn't leave the house until he got home. Anyway...hopefully I will get a chance to make up for it tonight! I hope this weather stays this beautiful all day! Top O' the mornin' to you all!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:54 AM   #59  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

PS....do tons of repetitions of 'pony girl' and 'pony boy' count as exercise?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #60  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bep
PS....do tons of repetitions of 'pony girl' and 'pony boy' count as exercise?

Isn't Richard Simmons or maybe it was Susan Powter that says -- just move!!
Closed Thread