Old 05-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #46  

Hi Angie,

I read your post and had to respond. I think every person that's had/has a weight problem can relate to what you're going through. IT's the "all or nothing" mentality. Once you've blown it, it's all over. I know, I'll do well for a long time, and then I'll lose control and eat everything in sight. This last episode of losing control has lasted three years. Now, I'm having the hardest time getting it off, so I decided to work on one bad habit at a time. Unfortunately, there's wwaaayyy toooo many bad habits to work on all of them together.

Angie, you need to remember also that your worth is not in your size. It's in who you are. What's inside of you. That's what your wonderful husband sees. I know, because I can be/feel the grossest ever, and my husband will tell me how beautiful I am. Believe in yourself, Angie. I now sometimes it's hard. When you wake in the morning (and all day if you have to) repeat "I BELIEVE IN MYSELF". Okay, now repeat after me: "I believe in myself. I believe in myself." That's great. I've been reading a book by Shad Helmsteder called "The Gift". It works on all those things. Get rid of the stinkin' thinkin' and replace it with good positve thoughts.

I'm sorry for being so long winded, but I can feel your pain, and these are just a few of the things that have helped me. I'll be praying for you.

Hello to everyone else, and I hope you're having a great day.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #47  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thank you CW. That is good advice. I definately have the all or nothing mentality. I will work on that.

I am not sure we have met so here is a little about me.

I am 33 and a married mom to 3 kids ages 12,12 and 14. My husband and I have a bakery at our house where we make donuts and pastries for my MIL bakery and the surrounding convenience stores in our area. I have been posting here forever with these girls.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #48  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Hi all!

Angie - We haven't really ' met' yet, but I read your post this morning, and have been thinking about it all day really. I think you have done the right thing by posting. The reality is, this is what the forum, and thread are all about. So we can cheer each others sucesses, and help one another through the though spots. Today you feel you have given up. That is OK. You might feel the same way tomorrow. But one day you will feel like giving it another chance. One thing you can count on is that the ladies who have supported you through giving up, will cheer you on the loudest when you give it another go! I'm not trying to come across as preachy, or anything. I just want you to know that I have felt similar to what you are feeling, and probably will again. I think it helps to know that you are accepted for who you are, not what you weigh. That is the feeling I get by posting here, even though it has only been for a few days. I hope that helps And here is a to cheer you up!

I love the memorial you got for Tinky, she did a fantastic job!

Noelle - I hope your ankle is feeling better!

Julie - An engraved stepping stone for the garden sounds like a great Mother's Day gift! And "Hi!"

cal - What book are you reading with your class? My uncle is an elementary/junior high school principal, I know he is *counting* the days until the end of his school year! LOL!

cw - I think your post to Angie was awesome, and don't worry about the few brownies. It was a "whoopsie"!

Hi to everyone else! I haven't done anything much exciting today to post about... <sigh>
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #49  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I guess I'm done running around for the afternoon. *sigh* Finally a moment to breathe! Well, I flaked out on my weigh-in today...partly because of work, but mostly because I know I am up a few pounds . (I know I'm a hyprocrite ) I am not yet in the "giving up" mentality though, so fear not I may go in on Saturday to WI, but if not, I'll be back there Tuesday. My ankle is still gimpy, it's more swollen than it was yesterday but I'm keeping it wrapped with a neoprene brace during the day. I don't know what it is or how it happened, I just know that this "sprain" has happened twice before for no reason--other than I weigh too much and my joints and everything are just taking a beating. It's weird though, because it "feels" better than it did yesterday. I'm supposed to help out with a school fun-run thing tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll be up for it.

Angie, that was a great pep-talk you got from cw I know we have all felt the way you do, and I do hope that by getting it off your chest you feel so much better. We really miss you when you're not around If it's any consolation at all to ya, I've not been doing so well myself . I love that urn, it's really nice and personal. It looks just like Tinky I will have to remember that ebay seller.

LadyT, I have to give you props for your exercise weekend . I had to laugh at your instructor's description of how "done" you are when training...what does she think you are, a steak? I'm not laughing at you, just at the visual of your description. I think it's so great that you can do this horse riding thing with your family, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Julie, trying not to eat your kids' l.o.'s is really hard--especially if it's like chicken nuggets (for me!) or something like that. Thanks for the reminder about Mother's Day, I've got to get something as well.

Cal, you didn't have to correct yourself (re: heathens)...we know exactly what you meant

Dips, are you tied up with finals? Good luck with that, I know you'll do great!

Kempy, what's shakin' with you girl?

Maggzs, I was so happy for the 2 miners that got rescued, walking out, no less. It was such a long, drawn out process but at least it had a positive outcome.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Me and Alicia just got back from a walk. I have taken 2 walks a day yesterday and today. Yesterday I did so well and then a commercial came on with chocolate chip cookies and since we have a bakery just sitting there I caved and made cookies...but at least I got in some exercise I guess.

LT, Hi Thanks for the kind words. I know what I need to do it is just the doing it that seems to be teasing me. These girls are my best friends in the whole world. I love them all. You have definately got the right feeling about them, they are the best. I look forward to getting to know you and CW as well.

Noelle, My knee used to do what your ankle is doing. I hate it when that happens. I havent had that happen for along time though. You have been doing such an awesome job with your weightloss. I want you to know how proud of you I am. You are my inspiration
Old 05-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #51  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hey My GURLZ Wassuuuuuppp!!

Everything is sweet! Angie is back (WHAT UP GIRL!) Whe got some new people and school is out. HOLLLAAAA!

Angie- You know my blood pressure goes up when you disappear like that! I missed you girl. **** yeah I am gonna tell you not to give up. You will beat this weight. We all will. We will fail many times before we succeed, that's life. You still inspire me no matter what size you are. Remember I was there with you when you got to goal I saw the picture and I rooted for you and I'll be ready to root for you again once you get back to your goal and together we'll make sure you stay there! It's worth it Angie. Get back on that horse baby!

CW & LT- Here is my very late intro: I am a 24 yr old New Yorker, The baby of the crew for like 3 years running YEAH!I am single with no kids but I have a Yorkie named Niko and he's quite the handfull. I work and attend school full time (so I'm in and out a lot)These girls are my world and I feel blessed to have met them. I hope you guys will stay and become one of my special friends as well (so sappy, I know) Seriously, though I welcome you with open arms and I look forward to getting to know you both.

Kempy- Don't sweat those little pounds. You were on vacation girl! It was worth it. You are still a hottie and you'll get right back on track so forget about those pounds already.

Noelle- You know as well as I do that sometimes those pesky pounds have bungee cords that pull them right back up after we think we've lost them. Don't worry! Look how much you've accomplished, you'll be fine just like Kempy and angie will!

J- What's happening babe! Haven't heard from you in forever. Let's catch up

Cal- Classes are officially over now but we have to go back next week for finals. We get a whole week to study WooHoo

Red- I swear I will never wait til the last minute to do a term paper. Just meeting a deadline is enough to give you heart probelems. I know YOU knwo what I mean! Hope all is well with you

Maggz- How's it going. Good to see you

I have been so active. I did the Revlon walk for breast cancer and I'm going to do the aids walk on the 21st. I also started my belly dancing lessons OH MY GOODNESS I love this class. What an exotic form of dance. I am totally hooked. I saw by july I'll be a hot tamale! I must say it is hard though! that is a serious workout for your hips and abs but boy do you look good doing it. We had guys bunched up at the door window drooling all over themsleves it was fabulous! I gotta take pics one of these days so you girls can see me in action!

Okay, gotta cook dinner. 2 more days until I eat meat again! I tell you I am on a higj right now!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:55 AM   #52  

Just a quick post then off to bed.

Angie: I'm so glad you're back. I echo the sentiments of the others. I sometimes feel so much like a failure that I don't want to post, but it's so important to me to stay in contact; I really don't have many friend here...not away from school anyway. I really cherish the friends I have on this thread. You are beautiful...I met you and found out what a truly blessed person you are. You'll get back to goal; I have no doubt.

LadyT: We're reading "Across Five Aprils". I read it every year at this time. I collaborate with the Social Studies teacher and the kids do a huge project about the causes and effects of the Civil War; the book is historical fiction and follows a family through the war. I enjoy doing this because for the the last 5-6 weeks of school, the kids do most of the work and I get to rest. I tell the kids at the start of 4th quarter that the first 3 quarters were just practice...now they're going to work!!

Noelle: I hope your ankle is feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Hello to everyone else.
Goodnight.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #53  

YEAH ANGIE IS BACK!! I was worried about you girl. As were all of us. Don't you give up. You keep grabbing onto the back of that wagon and the ones of us that are still on will pull you back on. You know that you can always count on us. You have been so strong for me when I was down and now it is you that is in need. So, don't even give up! I am just glad that you have come back to be with us.

I am sorry I was MIA. After this weekend I have been kind of busy. The termite guy was here Monday and yesterday I had the worlds worst headache so I stayed away form the puter. I bought an elliptical and it is a POS. I am sending it back today, at least as soon as I can box it back up. That should be fun to see. I should have never bought something that I couldn't get on first. Oh well, you live and learn. I ma about to do my weigh in at home so we will see what is up in that department.

I am so glad to see new faces. We always have fun here and the more the merrier.

Ok, sorry so short but I need to get in touch with this company and see what I have to do to ship this thing back. I will be back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #54  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I have to tell you guys that I had a dream that I woke up and ate a chocolate cake donut with peanut butter dip on it. It is funny because I dont even make the peanut butter dip anymore. And also because I woke up and it was one of those real dreams where after I woke up I actually thought I did eat it!!

It is rainy and cold here today. Jay got to sleep in this morning which is good because we are going to be putting in so many more hours right off. I think we will be super busy this year with all the extra work. I am not looking forword to the 7 day weeks but I am looking forword to paying my bills off and ahead.

Dips, Hey girl!! So you like your dance lessons huh? You rock...even if I had the bod I dont think I would dare to do it in front of others. I think it looks so neat when people do it too.

Cal, Hey. Wow your vaca is coming right up. My kids get out on June 16 and that is too soon for me. Brit is going on dishpan duty at my MIL bakery to earn some money for a car when she gets her license. I told them that what they save we will match towards a car. She is starting high school this coming year. WOW!! I still look at them as little kids and they aren't.

Kempy, That sucks. I hope you can send it back. I sold my old (new) bike because it was too big for my livingroom and I liked my little cheap one better. I sold my elliptical too for the same reasons. Now I just have my treadmill and my original recumbent bike. How do you do weight watchers? I looked online and they only have one meeting around here and it is once a week at 6:00 at night. There is no way I could do that especially during the summer when we get busy. Do they have an online version of it where you can get the same basics as a class and can learn about points etc. ? If they dont then they should.

Well, I should go try to jump on the bike for a while and maybe it will stop raining when the kids get home so I can make Alicia walk with me. I took just Candi for a walk yesterday and I felt like I was walking a damn donkey because she would just stop in the middle of the road and stare at me and refuse to move. I had to keep saying "where is the squirrel?" the whole way and back just to keep her moving.

I have had cereal and milk this morning and I plan on a Tuna sandwich and wow chips for lunch; banana for snack; and terriyaki chicken with baked potato and green beans for supper. Yesterday I stayed on track all day as well.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #55  

Angie I know you can do WW on line. I really don't know much about what they teach you but if you get the packet of info I am sure that Noelle, Cal or myself can help you with whatever it is that you need. I really like it b/c I can eat whatever Joe is eating as long as I count my points. I have learned lots of neat things to cook too. It has gotten us out of the rut with eating the same things over and over. You might be able to get the packet of stuff off of ebay. Don't quote me on that, I am not sure what people are allowed to sell on there in regards to licensed stuff like WW. You would just weigh in at home instead of at a meeting. You do that anyways. See, you are on the right track as we speak.

Dips I meant to say that my mom used to take belly dancing classes when I was little and she loved it. I used to play with her skirt and those finger thingys. That is cool that you have such an aray of things to do up there. We relaly don't have a choice of workouts down here. It is a small town afterall.

I am going to go thumb through some cookbooks and see if I can find something to cook for dinner. I'll pop on later.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #56  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Well, it's Wednesday! I'm hoping to have a better day then yesterday. I was great eating and exercise wise... But my hubby and I had an argument. And I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps, because I have been applying for jobs, and not getting them. Worse I'm not even getting *interviewed* for them. Well, anyways, like I said, today is a new day.

Angie - I have had those dreams where it seems so real, you believe it actually happened. One time I had a dream that my DH said something *really* nasty to me. I woke up and it was so vivid in my memory, I pinched him. He woke up screaming blue murder, and asking why I'd done that... I told him "You said..." Well he told me he hadn't, and when I really thought about it I realized it was a dream, and had to make it up to him...

cal - Nothing wrong with making the kids do the work, especially close to the end of the year. I think that is much better than letting them slack off! Plus it will make them appreciate their summer break that much more, right?

Dips - Woohoo! Belly dancing! I have heard before that it is a great workout! Not for me though. I have too much belly, it does a jiggly dance all on it's own! Heehee!

Noelle - I hope the ankle starts to heal up soon!! Don't worry about weigh in too much, after all you're "walking wounded"!

Kempy - Hi! It's good to meet ya. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Well I'm off to get some more job applications in, and clean my pigsty... oops, I mean house! Have a great day, ladies!
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #57  
so close, yet so far...

Hey all, I have to hit the office and get my payroll started....but I think I will sneak away a little early so I can get some laundry done. I have a washing machine at the shop but no dryer, otherwise, I would bring ALL my dirty laundry to work with me I don't think I'm going to help out at the school fun run today, I don't think I can move fast enough on my feet today. Oh well...there's always next year.

LadyT, it's been such a long time since I've had to apply for jobs and wait wait wait. It's hard to anticipate and then if no one calls, you just get that rejected feeling. Keep your spirits up and don't take it personally. There's got to be the right job for you, one that you will love and not just do because you have to. What line of work are you looking for?

Angie, I think if you sign up for WW online you get the points slider (counter tool) and I would think the basic food list book, which shows the point value of foods. I know they have a weight tracker, a menu planner and a points calculator online once you subscribe. I think you will also find that you are able to eat a lot more food (good for you kind of things) than you think you can..I know when I started WW, i was allowed 28 pts initally, and I had a hard time eating all my points. I think between Kempy, Cal, me and cw, we could help you out if you aren't able to get to a meeting nearby. we sound like a secret cult don't we? **that's funny about Candi and her squirrel. With our dogs it's where's rat-rat?

Kempy, did you get your elliptical locally? I hope you don't have too much trouble returning it. I bought mine from Sports Authority a few years back and some inner bolts keep coming loose. I don't even use it anymore, not that I did much then. I use it as a foot rest while I'm playing Xbox--seriously!

Dips, you and your belly dancing will get you a new man in no time flat

Julie, did ya catch AI last night? I saw bits and pieces of it, I wasn't impressed. I don't like Elvis all that much anyway... I can't wait til it's over. This season has been terrible.

Well, I gotta run for now. I'll be back later....hi to all
Old 05-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #58  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have a quick question. Which points calculator do you guys think is the best one? I have been on ebay and they have great prices on the weight watchers kits so I may get them and try this at home for a while.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #59  

What do you mean which points calculator? The paper and the actual calculator? I have the paper one and it is easier to bring with me to the store. I know poeple who have both and I don't think it really matters.

Noelle I bought the thing on line and now I have to pay for shipping back. That sucks but at least I will get my money back. Now I just have to take it apart. Let me rephrase that, Joe has to take it apart.

Off to the library and the store be back in a bit.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #60  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, i have/had (I don't know where it is at the moment) the points calculator that looks like a checkbook size calculator. It will track your points for the day as well as your water intake, and you can use it like a regular calculator. I think they all do pretty much the same thing, it just depends on which year it came out. I know there is a smaller, handheld type that looks (to me) like a remote control.

**I just looked at ebay and think the best deal for your money would be the 2006 calculator with the two books (Dining out companion and complete food list book--these are your bibles!) In reality, the cardboard points slider is the most convenient I think, along with the two books. The calculator is nice to have and keep in your purse, but I really use the cardboard one the most.

You know, I wonder if you would be able to go to a center near you and just go for an orientation meeting, and buy the kit yourself? It would probably be cheaper going there yourself, rather than buying it off ebay and having to pay shipping....I don't know if they'll sell it to a non-member though. Have you looked at the official WW website for their "at-home" kits?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 05-10-2006 at 03:21 PM.