Old 05-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #136  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Hey girls! Hope you're all having a great weekend. I busted out my sewing machine, and decided to sew all weekend! yaay!

Angie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! For your 3 pound loss! Yaay! You're back on track, girl, and you haven't even really started the WW thing yet! Maybe I should join too.... hmmm Maybe I will once I get some cash.

Noelle - I am so glad that your dad is out of the hospital and feeling better. And glad too that the diagnosis was not too too bad.

Maggzs - I know how you feel about wanting it to happen *now* I am the same way! I guess we just have to realize that we didn't get this way overnight, and it's not going to go away overnight either. I think you are right about learning to accept and be happy with the person you are now, but it is a lot easier to say " I accept and love myself " than it is to *do* it sometimes, no? I hope you start to have an easier time soon!

Kempy - I have always been tempted to try TaeBo, but it intimidates me a little. Is it fun? Do you take classes, or have a home video? I think I would have to do it at home, with the curtains drawn, and when my hubby is not here! LOL!

Julie - Good for you for getting that exercise in every day!!

My car hasn't gone in to the shop yet, so I'm going to miss my riding lesson this week, unfortunately. Oh well! I hope my car does not take too long to fix. I applied for 5 different jobs this week, and I'm counting on getting at least one interview. Driving to get to them would be good!

My kitties foot is doing much better!! Phew! We have been trying to keep the other two from chasing him too much, but haven't had much luck. It does not seem to bother him though.

Anyways, I'm off to get back to the sewing! Have a good weekend!!
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 AM   #137  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We took the twins to my hometown yesterday and just showed them places that my parents used to take me while I was growing up. They liked it. It was strange because the area where we bought our first house was so run down looking now and all the houses were the same color that they were when I was in elementary school.

The sun is actually out today so I hope it stays that way. I bought a fountain to go in the pool and I would like to get it hooked up and running.

LT, Good Luck with your job interviews. I hope you get the one you want. I'm glad your kitty is doing better.

Well, I will be back later.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #138  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies. I got shocked out of bed 30 minutes ago when the neighbor's stupid car alarm went off (or should I say on and on and on and on and on....) I couldn't get back to sleep so I figured I'd pop on here. We went to a b-day party for one of Michael's classmates yesterday. It was a little girl whose family just moved to a beautiful house in a rich neighborhood--of course it was clear across the other side of the island They have an in-ground pool in their backyard, plus their backyard opens up into a small boat marina. They had boat tours for everyone so we all took a ride out on that, fed the ducks, fished a little and let the kids swim until they were all wrinkly like prunes. Of course I ate too much junk food (hot dogs and hamburgers and strawberry margaritas ) We stayed half the day, then went to see the Over the Hedge movie afterward. It was a LONG day but tons of fun. I need to get more sleep!

Angie, I have to say GREAT JOB on those 3 lbs lost . I don't know how you stay so focused when you make all those bakery goodies. On my walk I pass 2 wholesale bakeries and the smell of cookies and muffins and breads......gawd, I dream about eating those things while I'm out walking You're doing so good!!! Thanks for the heads-up on those WW cakes

LadyT, sorry about your lack of transportation. Too bad you can't have your horse nearby so you can ride it to get where you need to go. There was a news story about some kids who can't afford gas anymore to get to school so they are up and riding their horses Sounds like a good idea to me, as long as you take care of the "exhaust" I'm crossing my fingers for you to get those job interviews!!!

Giving a shout out to Kempy, Julie, Cal, Dips, cw, Maggzs, Red and anyone else I may have missed. I am going to attempt to go back to bed. Have a great Sunday everyone
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:13 AM   #139  

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I kept pretty busy. It was so hot this weekend; averages were about 105. Funny, on the news they were saying to enjoy the cooler temps tomorrow (91) because the low 100's will be back by Wed. Only in Phoenix could one refer to the low 90's as 'cooler temps'.

Only 12 more school days. I like how our weeks will be from now on: 5 days this week, 4 days next week, and 3 days the last week (and those 3 days are all 1/2 days). Unfortunately, that also means only three weeks until we leave and I haven't even started to pack yet. I do have the suitcases airing out, but that's about it.

Anyway, have a great evening and a wonderful Monday. (That's an oxymoron isn't it??)

Good night.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #140  

Hi Girls

How is everyone's Monday going? I had a pretty nice weekend. Saturday we went on a long hike so I got fresh air and some excercise. Yesterday was laundry and cleaning but I did manage to get my excercise in. Hopefully it made up for my apple pie and an ice cream cone. It is cool here today but perfect walking weather so I have no excuses.

Noelle that sounds like a great party. Not the kind of kids party where you just drop them off, fun for the parents too. I read the news this morning that the Dog and Beth got married. And his daughter was just killed the day before in a car accident. How sad. I always thought they were all ready married.

Angie wonderful job on those 3 pounds! I am still waiting for my dumb scale to move, LOL. Your ride sounds nice. I love taking rides and looking at the old neighborhoods we lived in and and homes. Dh and I's first home makes me sad because they cut down a whole bunch of trees we planted and even a huge maple that his Grandfather and him had planted. Hope you got your fountain running.

Cal, you are right 90 degrees doesn't seem like a cool down to me. That is a heat wave. Stay cool!

LT, gosh I wish I could sew...I guess I am not the crafty type, I try, haha. Hoping you get some calls for some interview.

Kempy how as your weekend?

Hi everyone else. I am going to try and get dd to take a walk with me. I am all ready hungry from lunch, I think I will have a rice cake or some cottage cheese and fresh pineapple. Have a great day everyone!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #141  
maggzs

S/C/G: 147.4/149.9/132.2

Morning all,

Wow there have been some losses on here of late You guys are just rocking. I have yet to weigh in but Im not feeling to bad about it. Just keep on keeping on I guess. I sliced my finger open at work yesterday requiring a couple of stitches eekkkkkkkk & ouch. Not the best start to the week so of course I had to have a few glasses of red to help me 'settle' last night hahaha.

Lets hope the week goes better from here, its panning out to be a busy one but hopefully productive. Have a great day.

maggzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #142  

Hey guys. Just a quick post. I have to eat and head to a metting for the subdivision board. I just wanted to say that I was WAY bad this weekend. I keep doing this to myself. At this rate I will never make it. I have to work all week to undo what I did over the weekend and I can tell you the food just didn't taste that good.

I'm off and I'll check back tonight.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #143  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Monday everyone!! We have been super busy today getting supplies for this weekend and I have been making tons of Pumpkin whoopie pies and chocolate moose suckers. I need to sell as much as I can this weekend to get caught up from the winter. I did get in 2 walks though.

Noelle, I hope you got caught back up on your sleep this weekend. I hate it when someone wakes me up too early.

Cal, I dont know how you can stand that heat. I couldnt do it. 75 is too warm for me.

Julie, Your hike sounded nice. I want to take the kids up Borestone Mountain this summer. They did it already with their school so I guess they would be taking me.

Maggz, I hope your finger feels better today. I would have fainted.

Kempy, Have fun at your meeting. Remember that this is a whole new week and you can start fresh. Isnt that always the way? You think something will be so good and then it isnt.

Well, I am going to find something to clean.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #144  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Default heh there...

Hi people. Hi Noelle, hi kempy, thanks for the hellos! I'm here, very busy, not doing too well but doing and that's about all I can manage now. Gotta fly up to the north island this afternoon for an overnight to do a story on a farm up there. Don't feel good. Cat is missing and was very ill. I'd been meaning to get him to the vet for his monthly shot but was so busy and hadn't. Then he disappears and it does not look good, not knowing the bad shape he was in. Damn. Couldn't get out to the horse today because of the cat and needing the time to get ready for the trip....sigh. I hope things ease up but I don't it and I have tons of work upon me, oh well. I hope you all are doing better than me. I am just trying to keep going, keep going, trying to remain calm and strong. Take care all!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 AM   #145  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! I have a busy day ahead today too but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I have to make more chocolate moose and chocolate covered pretzels etc.

I found this websight yesterday after I caught a bit of Dr. Phil. It is called familywatchdog.us You type in your address and it will show you a map of every sex offender near your house. Geesh, I have one on either side street by my house. I knew about one of them but I didnt know the other one was there. CREEPY!!!

Well, I gotta get movin today. I will check back later.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #146  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I got my walk in this morning. It's blazing hot here or so it feels like. It's only 78 degrees but no breeze to speak of...i am sweating buckets. My eating has been bad (so Kempy you're not the only one), my dad has his ups and downs and between him going to the doctor and me shuttling the kids and my mom and dad (my mom doesn't like to drive far anymore, but she will still drive around the neighborhood), it's just been stressing me out. The kids get out of school on Friday! This week is just a clean-up and play week, tomorrow they are having bounce houses and carnival type games on campus. i am helping with that too. I can't wait til after memorial day is over then I can try and get ahold of my schedule and then my eating will be somewhat more predictable. I hate running around too much during the day, my breakfast, lunch and dinner get thrown off the clock

Angie, I watched that Dr. Phil yesterday too. How's this for weird! I typed in my neighborhood, and the nearest offender near me was this guy I used to work with--I knew he had a record from back in the 80's, but he lives nearest to my house. Talk about creepy. Then there's one right around the corner, I'm glad I take my dog with me on walks!

Red, cats have nine lives don't ya know? I'm sure your boy will be fine until you get back. Sorry you couldn't get out to your horse, I bet she needs you just as much as you need her don't work too hard

maggzs, ouch! Hope you're healing up all nice and quick.

Julie, I heard about Dog's daughter being killed, that is sad, but I'm glad they went ahead and got married anyway. You know, the old episodes of DTBH, they did list Beth and Beth Chapman, "dog's wife", then later, they list her as "Beth Smith" ??? So I guess they were "common-law" anyway but wanted to make it legal.

LadyT, so what creations have you sewed up this week? Any word on interviews? I'm still crossing my finger for ya !!!

Well, gotta run for now. Hi to Cal, Dips, cw, Cherie (where are you?) and anyone I may have missed.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #147  

Hey guys. I have been piddleing around the house all day. And you know I really couldn't tell you what I have done. I hate those days.

LT I really like TaeBo but I only do it when I am alone. I have never been one of those poeple to do those types of exercises in front of people.

Angie did it ever stop raining up there. We are in a drought right now. I am suprised that we have any water pressure b/c almost evryone in the subdivision has their sprinklers going in the evening. I am just trying to make sure that all of our hard work doesn't die.

Maggs how it the finger. Did the wine help?

Anige i typed that in and saw a guy I used to work with too. I knew he was on there but I didn't know when he would come off of the list if ever.

Rhea got in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. I swear these two do not like each other. I think it is b/c Rhea goes to their yard and tries to start crap through the fence. Well, the dog got her this time. She has a good sized bit mark on her backside. I have to clean it twice a day. She doesn't seemed to be bothered by it but I sure was freaked out. The neighbor was too. We were both running down the street screaming and she even did that in bare feet. I am sure she stepped on a rock or two. Thankfully Echowas too busy trying to find the perfect spot to do her business. If she woudl have jumped in I would have never been able to get them apart.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #148  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! Today is cookie making day!!! So we know what I will be doing all day. fun fun! It is my TOM so I dont think I will see a loss even though I have been totally OP. The scale doesnt seem to be moving. I have been so sore and tired this month. I have been eating right and walking twice a day but.....

Noelle, It has been cold here. I am not sure when it plans to warm up. Soon I hope.

My kids have to go to school until June 16. That is early an release for them. Brit is in a hurry because she has a job for the summer with MIL doing the dishes. She has been doing great so far. She is so money hungry that I hope it keeps her motivated because if she wants a car she is going to save for half of it.

Kempy, It stopped raining yesterday but it has been really cold since. They say it should hit 70 this weekend and I hope it does so the tourists dont change their minds about coming up. My garden spot is flooded so I dont think I will get a veggie garden this year. Maybe next year.

I hope Rhea isnt hurt too badly.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #149  

Hi Girls

Angie, the things you have been making sound so good. Thanks for that website. I can't believe how many sickos there are out there. It is scary. You keep up the good work and that scale with move! It is so hard though with TOM time. I just don't even want to get off the couch. LOL

Kempy I hope Rhea is doing okay. Poor thing.

Noelle it sounds like you have alot going on right now. I hope things settle for you and your Dad is feeling better too. It is hard when our routines and schedule get thrown off course. You know I have been thinking about next fall, if I should go back to work when both kids are in school. Or take a year off and join a gym and go everyday(I can say that now but I don't know if I would go everyday, ya know). But some extra money sure would be nice if I would go back to work.

Well the dryer is going off. So HELLO to Maggzs, Cal, Dips, Red, Cherie(I miss you too!), LT and anyone I missed. Check back later on.

ps, chew me out if I don't report back any excercise, okay
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #150  

Hey guys. Happy hump day. I just love having the middle of the week off. Not that I work tons but it is nice to know that I don't have to listen for the cell phone thinking a client might call and need me.

Rhea is doing ok. Her bites are healing really well. The hardest part is keeping her out of the ditch so they don't get infected. Those two love the water so much they will play in the ditch whenever they get a chance. It is worse when it is hot out too.

Angie did you start off by taking your measurements? I have seen a big change in those. I notice about a week and a half before I start my wiast will gain. Like this week, it is up 1/2 but the rest of me is down 1/4. I have been trying not to freak out on the scale when that gets close.