Old 05-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #91  
loves kleenex box art

Peachboy has an AA in math. He is now on an airoplane headed to lcp. We barely made it. They were paging him to board.

I had to get up too early for all that so now I will attempt to sleep.

I have two pet peeves now:
1. People who lean on the shopping cart like T-rexes.
2. Speeches that begin, "According to Webster's dictionary."

Because I was alone, I could easily find a seat and went to the front row. I sat next to a man who said things like: "They can just git this show on the road. I'm goin' home to eat me some lima beans." I figured he was from Dogpatch and sure enough, his wife works in the court house here. Makes me so proud.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #92  

Wayta go Peachboy!!!! What a proud mama you must be, Peachez!!!!!

I am so glad it's friday.

Gpa Jim leans on the shopping cart like that, but he's old enough to have earned it.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #93  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I sat next to a man who said things like: "They can just git this show on the road. I'm goin' home to eat me some lima beans." I figured he was from Dogpatch and sure enough, his wife works in the court house here. Makes me so proud.
Ha ha ha ha ha! A looooong long time ago when I was vacationing in a state that starts with "Or" and ends with "egon" I overheard two women having a conversation and one of them said "Well, OK, as long as it don't have lima beans in it." Do you think there could be some kind of a Lima Bean/Bad Grammar connection?

I'm still not getting the AA thing. Is it like an A+ or is it college credits or what? I do remember Peachboy being a genius at the Brain Bowl when he was only a little tyke.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #94  

Oooo! oooo! let me answer this one! even tho I'm not edumacated I know the answer - It means Associate in Arts degree. I know the answer even tho I'm from the O state. I'm so proud o' me.

Hey look at the new smiley - preggers!

You babes have a lovely weekend - I gots ta clean my dump. Then I think I'll cook up a big ol' pot of lima beans.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #95  
loves kleenex box art

wabbo is so right. it's a 2 year college degree just what she called it.

lima beans sound so digusting.

ds is with lcp. i am overeating and sick.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #96  

Wabbisaun: You SCHMACHT

Cowpeach: DS graduated and got his HS diploma and his associates ... GEEEZ Louise! He has such a bright future in front of him! U Done good...

Quote:
I have two pet peeves now:
1. People who lean on the shopping cart like T-rexes.

I got my hair professionally colored again... I was sportin a horrid TRI Tone coloring... My dyed brown, with very dark brown roots with Gray/White streaks So as I wait for perpetually late "mr.Lyn", I was out on their patio doing a crossword puzzle when one of the Nail gals strikes up a convo about all the Salon folks goin to Atlantic Beach fer a Hair expo.. So I asked about the beaches and water... is it blue here or like joisy green gray? When does it warm up enough to swim without polar bears?? It was a most bizarre chat as I was constantly askin her "what?" " The b*tch is riff and cindy. In my head I thought she was tawkin bout some fight with a b*tch called Cindy... Nooooooooooooo: Translation = The beach is rough and sandy.
She is from West Virgina ... WOW sounded like a foreign language... I chased her away after she said yer from up nerth aintcha?

I had to take a neighbor to get an emergency MRI done.. Adorable Landlordess came with us... so afterwards we stopped fer lunch... We were going to go to Paneras, but LL mentioned a Real down home caroliner BBQ place... which I haven't had yet... so we trundled off to a little hole in the wall - can't remember the name, but the "slogan" was " A good place to git porked" .. Well, I don't like Nerth Caroliner spin on BBQ... it tastes like pickled pig.. no sweet tangy gooey finger licking sauce, it was dry and tasted more like just vinegar on it. I did like the Hushpuppies though..of course, it's fried go figger.....

Today we go to Landlord BBQ... steak on the barbie! Tomorrow we are going out to look at new construction or land fer sale... I shant get into it , but this neighborhood is like Peyton Place -- and I have become it's den mother.. and I am the "go to" lady at 10:30/11:00 at night for anxiety attacks, maladies and drunks... Ergo Ipso, Schatzi wants 2 acres of land and no neighbors..

Peachie MOVE AWAY FROM THE BONES AND LIMA BEANS!!! PUT THAT FORK DOWN AND CLOSE YER MOUTH..NO MORE OVEREATING!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #97  
loves kleenex box art

LOL the beach is riff. What accent was that? Sounds Joisey to me.

At work there is this spanish speaking guy who doesn't do English. I say something in English and he may or may not respond correctly. So I starts using my odd work of Spanish and lo and behold, now he speaks English to me. Not good English but it's interesting. Yesterday, someone wanted cigarettes in a box not a soft pack. He fetched the soft pack and I asked if anyone there knew the word for box. Someone said these people need to learn English, not us learn Spanish. But .. but ... they're saying that in 2018 there will be more Spanish speaking ppl in the U.S. than English speaking. What we do then? I'll all for being smark.

I am depressed. Is this to be expected when DS hightails it off to his new life. Yesterday, I ate lunch at PANERA'S (where I mighta seen Shots if she'd dropped by) and there was this woman from Dogpatch, about my age, tons of makeup, rich dh. I know someone who went to high school with her and she's always been a slut. Anyhow, she says, "Hi. how're you doing? so nice to see you." then buzzes off before I can open my mouth. When I got up to leave, I saw that her dh, who had his back to me, watched me all the way out. REally put me in a mood. There I was in my little $15 cashier outfit, and she's in $15 of red lipstick (which looked good) and they were talking ABoUT ME>>> WHAAAAAAA.

Ok, enough. Must go to class now.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #98  
fatter than U

Talking

Lima beans are slimy and evil.

Peaches, on the other hand, is adorable and that man was wishing that she was his wife instead of THAT awful woman. It's true. I know these things.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #99  
loves kleenex box art

But I don't wanna be his wife. He looked so boring and he'd expect me to wash his undies.

What else do you know?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #100  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn---just finished THREE hours helping dd clean her room and accomodate all her STUFF from college---most of it will go back down to her new place in sept,but something had to be done!!!!-----SO happy that ds did sooooooo well peachpie!!! not surprised of course but so thrilled for you and him!!----hopefully you will survive his visit to lcp---been there,done that,still get freaked out about it!!---TELL ME IF YOUR BONES GOT THERE YET---MOM MAILED THEM A WEEK AGO!!!!====THERE ARE PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE!!!-------WHO WAS NEXT I FORGET!---------shatzi--it would be fun to hear some more stories about your neighbours,but only if you want----i need to hear about the late night partying!!-------well,since it's one am,i should go---we went to the big city this weekend for an awards banquet---dh won an Investigative Journalism award----for all of atlantic canada----ds was very proud of daddy as is the wife----------talk soon---LOVE yous!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #101  

Wowie, Bagzie! How exciting! Do we get to see pictures of Mr & Mrs Bagz on the red carpet???? I'm down to my very last bone, by the way. I had a problem w/ them - meaning if I started to eat one, I had to eat them until I felt a little sick. Thank Gawd I can't get them locally. I have absolutely no self control.

Peach, I second Sugar's assessment of the situation - don't you know when a man is scoping you out???

Schatzy, tell us about Peyton Place! I'm all ears

We spent most of the weekend w/ our friend's family. They're still in a state of shock. I'm wondering when it won't be the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing I think of at night. DH is going w/ his sons next weekend to scatter some of his ashes at the lake we always fish at. So sad.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #102  
loves kleenex box art

So ... it's not enough that the Bagz children are marvelous .. so is the dh. Way to go Bagzie. I know you were behind it all. What did he investigate? I think you told me but I forget some things.

I must go study. BOttom of page advertises New Mediterranean Diet. Sounds yummy. I like garlic and olive oil.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #103  

Bagz! Congrats to DH !!! How exxxxxciting yer lives are! You a smelly soap merchant! DDs who travel and study abroad! A hockey star DS land an award winning journalist DH !

Wabby: oh dear... it's been quite a place to live... remember the darling little neighbor child who walked in on my flabflap exam? Her parents... they have tried soooo hard to be our friends, but everytime we see them they smell of booze and are all a stagger... Her DD has spent the night here on ocassion...lets see they have lost their keys and stumbled over at 11 ... she runs out of cigarettes and bums from DH..at 1030 at night... DD came over hysterical one night that she thought her mom was dead... dead drunk on the floor..I couldnt get her up so I made sure if she vomited she didnt aspirate it... DD spent the night with me... next day, I had a MAJOR talk with this woman and told her any more of this and I will be calling CPS. If I see her driving while intoxicated I will call the police...etc... The other night neighbor with head pain had tha ambulance show up because she called her doctor stating she had chestpain..Doc dispatched EMS.. she was having a panic attack... Drunk lady showed up .. wanted me to sit on her porch at 11 oclock at night while she ran to the store for cigarettes.. I said: 1) it is too late fer me to be baby sitting on the porch and 2) You've been drinking not a little but a lot, I wont let you get in your car ... they are moving the end of this month...but I do fear for little angel...I was able to talk to this ladies sister to express my concern she seemed to share it ...
other neighbor has undiagnosed head pain, and some strange reaction to meds... her moods are high and low... she comes to visit, chats away, the next day acts like she doesnt know you.. has explained to me why she acts that way.. she is the one I had to take for emergency MRI... she is nice enough just really suffering with whatever she has... she calls me near daily to fill me in on her doctors visits... .... other neighbor is darling, but prone to depression...and gets very sensitive, crys at a drop of the hat...
On a positive note landlordess/landlord and me and DH had a most marvelous BBQ together on Saturday.. We all had such a good time that we are going to plan another next month...

so, that in a nutshell is what Peyton Place has been up to...
Old 05-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #104  

Gosh, Schatzi, are you sure you're not living next to my extended family? Poor little daughter of the alcoholic --- I watched my niece and nephew grow up under those circumstances. It's heartbreaking and it ruins them for life. I can see why you need to move -- at least you formed a good friendship w/ the LL's. -------- I love my neighbors, I'm going to miss them when we move.

I'm all a dither getting my place in shape for the bunco squad. DH has only done 2 things on his honey do list, and one of those was giving me a smooch. I'm either making a seafood lasagna (cream sauce, shrimp and scallops) or my famous baked ziti, which is just pasta, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella baked together. I want a vote on which one --- and dessert is a caramel apple cheesecake. mmmmm.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #105  

ooh ooh Baked Ziti! This carmel apple cheesecake appears to be diet friendly... lets see Dairy and Fruit.....looks okay to me